Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I really can't see the big hoo-hah about his new head. I certainly think it’s better than the "vintage" head they've given him.
    I really like the new head. It’s a better design in my opinion than all the others to date save for the original. I haven’t seen anybody ask Mattel what the deal is with using it on He-Man but not updating the other characters heads with a redesign. Perhaps I’ve missed it. That would seem like an obvious question.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really like the new head, the old vintage head looks really off, but I get why they included it in the 2-pack.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Does anyone still waits for the figures? I have preordered them on eBay and my seller wasnīt able to ship them because Mattel didnīt send him the figures until today..
    Visit my Heroic Vintage MINT Collection of Evil here!

Quote Originally Posted by palmer666 View Post
    Does anyone still waits for the figures? I have preordered them on eBay and my seller wasnīt able to ship them because Mattel didnīt send him the figures until today..
    Mine were just recently shipped out.

I got mine two weeks ago... my seller just slapped a new shipping label on the Mattel box and sent it right back out when she received them.

Maybe Mattel was waiting for more stock to fulfill all of the SDCC orders?

Side note: These figures are amazing! I feel as if I opened a time machine back to 1982 as the nostalgia washed over me... I really like the direction that Mattel is going with these.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Just got around to assembling the Battle Bones I picked up at Power-Con. What an awesome set! This line is really great, I hope it sticks around because me and the kids are having a blast putting these together!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

My He-Man/Adam set finally arrived. I'll be doing a write-up on it shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    My He-Man/Adam set finally arrived. I'll be doing a write-up on it shortly!
    Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Looking forward to it!
    Thanks! Here it is:

https://battleramblog.com/motu-origi...dcc-exclusive/

Really great review. I just can't get over the banananess of the He-Man figure. First the banana yellow hair and then the banana hammock loin cloth. I hope they adjust these a bit before retail.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "This supersoaker is full of urine and RAGE!!! Mostly urine."

https://i.imgur.com/j45Eckz.jpg

A bit of a hodge podge. Super7 CG head, Matty armor. Used a bit of clay to keep the sword in the Origins figure’s hand.
    The mixed up of parts of this origins and classics kinda off and look weird, the head don't really blend well with that buck

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Court Magician
    I'm still waiting, I'm kinda nervous when I try to reach out to the seller, they never respond. Just hoping it shows up

Anyone else to waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by mossgreen View Post
    Really great review. I just can't get over the banananess of the He-Man figure. First the banana yellow hair and then the banana hammock loin cloth. I hope they adjust these a bit before retail.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks! In person I find the loin cloth less of an issue (but still should be fixed), but the hair color really does stand out. It's very bright, reminiscent of some of the vintage Spain He-Man figures. I hope they can tone it down in future releases.

The loin cloth thing is really more of an issue with the leg joints. The pelvis piece itself is almost identical to vintage.

Excellent writeup. I really would like more minicomics styling for these figures. As excited as I am for them it was a bit of a bummer that the trend wasn’t to continue into the line.

Excellent writeup. I really would like more minicomics styling for these figures. As excited as I am for them it was a bit of a bummer that the trend wasn’t to continue into the line.
    Thanks! Yes, me too. I'll buy these guys, but I'm way more excited for minicomic variants. I hope we at least get the first wave Alcala variants.

Thanks! Yes, me too. I'll buy these guys, but I'm way more excited for minicomic variants. I hope we at least get the first wave Alcala variants.
    I'd love mini-comic variants from the first 4 comics and from the comic included in the 2 pack at least.
    Last edited by Green Goddess; September 5, 2019 at 03:05pm. Reason: DYAC!
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

Widget
    Any update on whether these are going to get an online release. Mattel hinted that there would be on Twitter but it seems more and more unlikely as each week passes...

Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by JFlynn View Post
    Any update on whether these are going to get an online release. Mattel hinted that there would be on Twitter but it seems more and more unlikely as each week passes...

Thoughts??
    The two-packs were completely sold out. They didn't even have stock to bring to Power-Con.

In my opinion, it's highly unlikely they will do another production run on these.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    The two-packs were completely sold out. They didn't even have stock to bring to Power-Con.

In my opinion, it's highly unlikely they will do another production run on these.
    While I see another run as unlikely, SO FAR it seems to be that the basic He-Man minus axe, alternate hands, and vintage head is the retail version. The hands are likely to get various uses and turn up on WWE figures so they can be had if skin tones match. I bet the head, maybe with slight variation, sees another release and likewise the axe. I think retail may be minus boot knife and knife storage.

Adam is more the odd one out. There is a retail Adam based on the old toy planned. I’m not sure I’d rule out a vintage Adam seeing another release with some variation.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post

I could see them doing another exclusive two pack with minicomic He-Man vs minicomic Skeletor

Widget
    I'm still waiting on an ebay seller to send my order... Don't want to drop the sellers name or anything, but they don't respond and no longer have any items for sale. Wondering if they abandoned the account or something. Is anyone who pre-ordered still waiting for theirs from mattel or ebay? Just want to know if I should cancel and get my money back or wait a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 146 View Post
    I'm still waiting on an ebay seller to send my order... Don't want to drop the sellers name or anything, but they don't respond and no longer have any items for sale. Wondering if they abandoned the account or something. Is anyone who pre-ordered still waiting for theirs from mattel or ebay? Just want to know if I should cancel and get my money back or wait a bit longer.
    IMO that's troubling. They might be a scammer?

Court Magician
    I'm still waiting for mine, but I now have a tracking number and it appears that the set is on the way, but I will feel much better when the set is in my hands. For your situation I thinking waiting for the seller to respond isn't working. Did the pre order listing state when you could expect the set? I would start the process to getting your money back because you can always cancel that process if the seller gives a response that you think is acceptable. Just don't lose your money I'm not sure if there is a time line that you can request your money back.

Heroic Warrior
    If you are outside the window (which is 30 days) on eBay you can still go through paypal if you used that method of payment. The seller I bought the battle bones from didn't send it and thats what i ended having to do.

Just got a MC Battle Bones from the Power Con post sale! Yay!

https://thepower-con.com/tickets/attendees/
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread