Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Oh really? Very interesting....
    It is very interesting. Just pure speculation but this line might be why Super7 could only produce He-Ro and Eldor as far as “new” additions to the original line. Maybe we get new additions in this line? Though I’d take new figures in original style as well.
    Last edited by AntiEternia He-Man; June 11, 2019 at 12:51pm.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Well, these look absolutely awesome! Something I've always fantasized about them trying-- updated, articulated figures with vintage aesthetics. I've actually thought they should try this approach with other vintage properties as well-- Transformers, etc. Your old toys, but better.

Battle Bones as well. I've always said Mega Blocks could be a way for us to get playsets and vehicles that might not be feasible with a regular line.

But I'm not jumping through hoops or paying scalpers to get these. My days of playing that game are over. If Mattel wants to put them up for pre-order, I will happily buy them. If not, they're welcome to dooming a good idea from the start, as they've done before.

Super 7 has plenty of problems--my heart aches every time I look at my CG She-Ra and Teela-- but at least everything I've wanted to buy from them has been made readily available-- minus the Vintage Battle Packs-- but since those exact figures were announced earlier and released later in different packaging, I don't hold that against them.

I love the look of these figures, especially He-Man. I wish these were confirmed for availability outside of SDCC, but I’m sure I’ll get them one way or another.

I hope this is the start of a new line. I’d love a mini comic Alcala Skeletor to complement this He-Man.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Awe man. Big time bummer about these not being available to non-attendees.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    I love the look of these figures, especially He-Man. I wish these were confirmed for availability outside of SDCC, but I’m sure I’ll get them one way or another.

I hope this is the start of a new line. I’d love a mini comic Alcala Skeletor to complement this He-Man.
    I asked the question on Mattel's Facebook post that announced this set.

Their response: "If there is any leftover inventory after SDCC, we will announce it here on our social media pages where you can purchase it!"

Hopefully, considering Mattel works a year in advance, people like Brandon Sopinsky would have been involved in the development of this set, who would understand the need to produce enough to make available to non-attendees as well.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

the He-Man/Adam two-pack isn't grabbing me for whatever reason but that Battle Bones will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine
    Just cause your taller, don't pick on those smaller. Says Popeye the Sailor Man. toot toot

Court Magician
    Assuming these are 5.5" figures with more articulation, these are really cool.

This is amazing! I've wanted a He-Man with a boot knife since I was a tiny pre-schooler! Alcala's rendition has always been the "real" MOTU in my mind in a way nothing else ever could be, so this Alcala-inspired set is a dream! Hopefully these won't be hard to get, and an Alcala Skeletor won't be far behind!

Anybody wanna take a guess on what these will sell for on e bay after Comic-Con if there isn’t much supply left from Mattel. 130?

I imagine that He-Man will be available singly on his own at a later date if they continue with these.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

I‘m not too excited about these. They don’t really feel Alcala style to me as they lack detail. And why can’t they get He-Man‘s face right? Once again, he looks like the Commemorative release or the giant. He doesn‘t look like the Vintage one. Another wasted opportunity.
    I also don’t feel excited about yet another new line. Classics is still missing essential figures like Hunga, Miro, Skeleteen and others. I want Mattel to make these. I don’t want them from S7 after they ruined figures like Hawke or Dylamug.
    S7‘s Neo Vintage line is probably dead too for all we now.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Anybody wanna take a guess on what these will sell for on e bay after Comic-Con if there isn’t much supply left from Mattel. 130?
    Not sure but instead of dollars let’s guess in Snake Mountains.

I’m going with 1/3 Snake Mountain.

Heroic Warrior
    Let's hope this is a start of a new line and that this two-pack is just a con exclusive. Would be a bit silly to invest in re-engineering these figures and then not do more than just a limited release at a con with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post

if there is no "any leftover" after SDCC as Mattel suggests, I guess yes, that's a low starting price in ebay, from a decent and generous seller.
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

I've never been a fan of the original style of figures but if ones like these, with the added articulation, make it into stores over here then I'll pick some of them up.

Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post
    The countdown says only attendees
    "We're going to make some cool toys, but it's only for the select few who can spend $1000s to travel hundreds or thousands of miles." Nice, Mattel. Great way to help ebay's profits, I guess.
    Last edited by kernunrex; June 11, 2019 at 03:46pm.
    Kreann’Ot N’Norosh is my copilot.

Come on Mattel... available at the booth only? These will be sold to scalpers in no time.

Heroic Warrior
    My guess is that these will go for $80 - 100 on eBay. I want to be optimistic and say $60 -70 but I think that is wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    It is very interesting. Just pure speculation but this line might be why Super7 could only produce He-Ro and Eldor as far as “new” additions to the original line. Maybe we get new additions in this line? Though I’d take new figures in original style as well.
    I would not be surprised at all if Mattel is testing the water to see how these do (like they did with Classics back at Sdcc 2008). If these sell like crazy I would not be surprised if this will be the birth of a new line. If it is, I think I will buy these and keep them Moc (which I never do) since I already have Motuc displayed everywhere in my office (to differentiate them).

Not only do I love both of these reveals to death, but I love their price points, too! If this is the start of a brand new line, I'm in... it just feels like more bang for your buck (no pun intended).
    I imagine later versions would see a more standard Prince Adam deco style (akin to either the classic toy or cartoon) and a He-Man give or take an accessory or set of hands or what-not.
    Definitely going to try to get my hands on the two-pack and maybe the Battle Bones as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Not only do I love both of these reveals to death, but I love their price points, too! If this is the start of a brand new line, I'm in... it just feels like more bang for your buck (no pun intended).
    I imagine later versions would see a more standard Prince Adam deco style (akin to either the classic toy or cartoon) and a He-Man give or take an accessory or set of hands or what-not.
    Definitely going to try to get my hands on the two-pack and maybe the Battle Bones as well.
    Agreed, taking in account that SDCC exclusives are usually higher than the normal price point - the pricing on these are really good

Heroic Warrior
    Since the pricing is so good, I bet they already have a retail line planned with each figure costing $15-$20. I wouldn’t be surprised if we actually see the first wave revealed at SDCC.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if this also meant new vehicles and playsets?

Heroic Warrior
    I love this He-man and also this Battle Ram ! I would purchase them in a heardbeat!

He-man's face is better then the Giants and Commemorative release, but there is still more room for improvement...

But it's the wrong way to release those

I'm to old for feeding the scalpers every year! Let's see if we get a regular release...

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    The more I think about it, this is a really neat concept for collectors at retail potentially. However, I personally don't see a need to collect these since I have superior versions with MOTUC. Plus there is that whole issue with space.

I would have been on board with more Commemorative line vintage re-releases or new characters (like we got with Eldor and He-Ro by Super7) to compliment our vintage collection.