Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

These are cool...and that box art!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

I like the battle bones and the price. I like the box art with figures. That being said, I'm disappointed, I was hoping for more classics. To me, a retro line would be going backwards. I want the figures to get better and larger with more detail, more articulation. But, it is better than laughing Prince Adam.
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

Widget
    Aww man, how do us international fans get our hands on these?
    I really want that battlebones!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by poweredconvoy View Post
    I imagine that He-Man will be available singly on his own at a later date if they continue with these.
    Probably a safe bet since:

1. This He-Man doesnít have a power sword.
    2. Once Mattel had this tooling developed, which isnít cheap, they had 75% of the parts needed for remakes of 90% of the vintage toys. MOTU was always an economical line and the added articulation allows for MORE parts reuse than the 80s toys since they basically just need new lower arms, head, feet, and accessories for Skeletor. The thighs, upper arms, chest, etc. can basically work for all but around five or six male characters. And with 3D printing tech, mold degradation isnít the issue it once was because you can keep cranking out perfect replicas of the original mold without recasting a prototype.

And Classics heads and accessories probably work with these proportions.

I think thereís a good chance we see the original 12 and if the line is a hit with kids, Mattel could be down with redoing the whole Vintage line and best of 200x and maybe more.

It comes down to a question. I think Brian and Super 7 have limited expectations for neo-Vintage and Iíve seen resistance on social media from folks dug in on either 7Ē or kitschy retro 5.5. And these will doubtless retail under $25 a pop and maybe well under $20. Which requires big support. If thatís the standard, the question becomes whether kids and folks who didnít get into MOTUC or missed out or who support an evolution of the brand outnumber the pure nostalgia market. And even then, these ARE nostalgic but they arenít as kitschy as S7 Vintage stuff or as premium as MOTUC.

In some ways, the health of the brand may conflict with what would be best for MOTUC and Super7.

But if these were on shelves at Target and Walmart and I were 9, these would blow away anything for me aside from the best of the new Transformers. Maybe Marvel Legends but a lot of those are fairly subtle/boring compared to this. MOTU is a lot of things but itís not boring.

And even then, throw in a Bravestarr or whatever in this style and you have the kind of fresh stuff to keep buzz going since the biggest risk is that weíve seen it all.

I expect the creatures and iconic vehicles to be big ticket items. Along with the chance to straight reissue MOTUC Grayskull, maybe reworked with some vintage accessories.

Iím anxious to see what would happen if Mattel released its MOTUC Snake Mountain for under $300 if this line took off. That feels like a real possibility to me right now, particularly if this is a big line and the movie does even moderately well.

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, i cant understand, all are happy,ok, congratulations for the people wants begin a new line, but what happen with all of us we want more classics, is over, almost someone can said. Classics is over, new line ( neo neo vintage with classics)is began. Its classics is over me and much other stop with the brand, 11 years its ok.Much characters like Hunga, Lady Slither, Miro, Sagitar, and much more still waiting for your time.

Heroic Warrior
    Reissuing classics grayskull seems pie in the sky but it really wouldn't need any retooling if they wanted to do it. The castle works even better with vintage figures than MOTUC due to the scale being better. The only issue could be the turret being slightly too tall.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Based on the picture of Adam and the Castle from instagram, these are slightly larger than the 5.5 figures. Probably 5.75-6 inches. Probably the same proportions as the vintage figures but not squatting.

Widget
    These new figs are very intriguing. To tool these things just to see the reaction and response? Like many of you have said, this is too much effort not to create a whole new line. But I guess we'll see.

With everything Bryan Flynn has been saying, I think if these do get off the ground, this does look like the end for Classics, Super7 or otherwise.

ReAction Master
    Super-articulated 5.5s are a smart way for Mattel to go — inclusive of a few different types of collectors. I’ll probably continue to cherry-pick my faves. I can skip this set, but I look forward to what’s next from them.

I’ll be sad to see Super7’s neo-vintage line likely go. Hopefully, they’ll be able to keep their ReActions coming. I needs me a Battle Cat.

what has he been saying?

Wow, I really like these. Like, really like them. Sadly, I'm probably going to find it quite hard to get my hands on these. Will try, though. Really hope they do, at least, a Man at Arms and Skeletor one. A resurgence of MOTU is coming. I can feel it in my bones. Exciting times if you're a MOTU fan.

I like the idea, in fact I had mentioned , one time on the board how something like this would be pretty interesting. However, It would have been more cost effective if they had gone with articulated 3 3/4 for a 12.99 price point. This.... It's pretty insane... if they go for a mass retail release they will see some hits and misses for sure but most of these characters are iconic. You'll see alot more stratos for sure - it all depends on the price as well. The added articulation and accessories will push these to a $20 price point which is what Classics originally started at.

However, this will appeal to the " vague familiarity" demographic; the " Hey look it's He-man, I remember that - crowd" Or Modern collectors that started with Neca and Marvel Legends. I bet you will see these at Wal-Mart , Target , Gamestop at 19.99 - However, with having classics, I don't feel the need to collect these all, even with vintage style packaging.

What this reminds me of is , G.I. Joe's 25th anniversary line.

I wish they would put them at 14.99 but that would mean sacrificing accessories and some articulation. I'm thinking the boot articulation could save a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by kernunrex View Post
    "We're going to make some cool toys, but it's only for the select few who can spend $1000s to travel hundreds or thousands of miles." Nice, Mattel. Great way to help ebay's profits, I guess.

The 2 pack is now on ebay @ 99.99

I just hope to get a BB Megaconstrux, but I think my wish wont be fulfilled. If this is how it began, ("ebaying" them not even when the pre-order is open), I can anticipate they will be sold out after 10 minutes of pre-order on June 17th.
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

Court Magician
    what. the.heck....surprised at how excited many of you are.. thats cool tho , this is heman fan website after all..

they look very very very generic(imo)....plus im getting snake mountain, thats all that matters in life now lol

def 100% NOT getting into another heman toyline...unless the 200x figures/style returns with extra articulation, i know, i know, personal fantasy, still love that line sooo much.

When we saw that MOTUC He-Man prototype all those years ago, I had hoped he was more or less scaled to the vintage figures, sort of like Hasbro did when they rebooted G.I. Joe with modern sculpts, just so that the MOTUC figures could use the old vehicles and playsets.

Well it looks like it's finally happening that we're getting articulated figures in that scale, though sadly, the sculpts are retro instead of modern.

I do hope though that Mattel gives us brand new characters if this ends up becoming its own line, as well as Gigantisaur. As much as I love MOTU, I tire of buying the same characters over and over again.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Court Magician
    While this 2pk is neat, I don't see this as something that reignites the brand at retail. I think there will be a retail release of some form. Probably a line exclusive to Target or Walmart. Or they split the characters between them. Maybe a dozen characters. This will be an attempt to give He-Man a toe-in back at retail, until the brand is re-introduced with the movie line.

Like Mr. Oz, I'm surprised by all the love for these. They're essentially just old figures but with better articulation. It seems like the brand continues to spin its wheels and not really move forward. That said, if this 2pk generates interest in the brand which then leads to actual new product at retail, it's a good thing.

And I love the Mega Construx Battle Bones. I never had the original, but I'll be getting this one.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    That power sword is not included with the two pack. Points to a retail release.

Thereís someone who I think is a Mattel employee on Facebook who said that if you squat these, they fit in with Vintage, Remco, and Savage World. I think the same guy said there would be releases at Amazon and B&M.

This really strikes me as a new retail line.

I figure a retail Adam would have the vintage toy deco and He-Man would probably have a simpler deco and his own power sword.

The deco used for this 2 pack He-Man looks to be mini-comic inspired and matches the deco of the He-Man with Mega Construx Grayskull where all the figures are mini comics based.

Standard MCX He-Man has a more brownish fur tint and no frosting on his boot cuffs. Whereas Mini-Comic MCX He-Man has a red tint and frosted boots.

I suspect the exclusivity of the SDCC version is the comic deco whereas retail will draw more from some mix of vintage 5.5 and MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    They look good awesome work to all that were involved with these!!! But.... with shelves full of Classics, Club Grayskull and now Cartoon 5.5 figures I don’t know if I can collect another MOTU line.

Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    I donít know if I can collect another MOTU line.
    Exactly. They're getting a little crazy with the cheese whiz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "This supersoaker is full of urine and RAGE!!! Mostly urine."

Heroic Warrior
    I like the updated / articulated vintage figures.

IF Mattel makes a retail line with that aesthetic AND if it includes characters from She-Ra: Princess of Power and the Evil Horde (whether in vintage toy, Filmation or minicomic style), I'll happily buy them. Oh, and Teela, Evil-Lyn and The Sorceress too!

Heroic Warrior
    I am wanting battle Bones more then the 2 pack. I really hope shop.mattel well offer these to non attendees.

Heroic Warrior
    As someone with an SDCC badge and no real means of attending this year, I donít suppose anyone wants to subsidize airfare and a place to stay to pick a set up, do they?

He-Man looks cool, I'll buy just He-Man probably if this becomes a retail line. I'm not going to pay the $40 + s&h for the set. He'll be a cool display piece on Battle Cat. I won't go all out on a new line, because my classics are awesome and won't be replaced.
    I hope Super7 continues with Classics! I want to see NA finished and several cool filmation and mini-comic characters. Also more movie figures!
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

Both sets look great. I hope I can get them at a reasonable price.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast