Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU SDCC Exclusives - He-Man/Prince Adam Two Pack and Mega Construx Battle Bones

Heroic Warrior
    I don’t see a reason why Super7 could not proceed with the products they offer. No retail competition with Mattel as they are all pre order only. Plus Mattel still makes money in the end it is a win win.

i'm so happy to be excited about motu again!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I like the updated / articulated vintage figures.

IF Mattel makes a retail line with that aesthetic AND if it includes characters from She-Ra: Princess of Power and the Evil Horde (whether in vintage toy, Filmation or minicomic style), I'll happily buy them. Oh, and Teela, Evil-Lyn and The Sorceress too!
    if these become a retail line, can already see the epidemic of people buying/swapping them with old/broken vintage heman figs lol

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    I will buy them all regardless (if it’s a new line), but I echo the sentiment of buying the same characters over and over getting a little old. Give us waves that include both characters that we know and love plus new ones and unreleased ones.

These are chunky and squat, with limited paint and softgoods... I LOVE THEM!!!

40 bucks for the two pack?!? That is a freakin' bargain! Wow... it somehow feels good to have MOTU in Mattel's hands again.

Now... anyone want to pick up a set for someone who can't attend SDCC? I've got money!! *

*Mods: I know I shoudn't ask in this thread... I apologize.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

WOW!! Those are awesome!

I like these designs a lot, and I really think this is the beginning of a new retail line. Like a few people have said, that's a lot of new tooling just for some Con exclusives. I think it's great how it's basically just an update of the Classic designs, without changing things too much. People that haven't seen MOTU in over 30 years could see these in an aisle, and recognize them immediately.

At times like this, I really wish Toys-R-Us and KB Toys were still around.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 11, 2019 at 11:22pm.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    WOW!! Those are awesome!

I like these designs a lot, and I really think this is the beginning of a new retail line. Like a few people have said, that's a lot of new tooling just for some Con exclusives. I think it's great how it's basically just an update of the Classic designs, without changing things too much. People that haven't seen MOTU in over 30 years could see these in an aisle, and recognize them immediately.

At times like this, I really wish Toys-R-Us and KB Toys were still around.
    One of the Horsemen confirms involvement and mentions "the rest of the line".

heman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this... So, Super 7 is going to give articulation to vintage style figures going forward. I feel like if I'm going to get an articulated Motu figure I want it to be Motuc and leave the vintage style with minimum articulation. But, I definitely love the box art for sure..

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I'm wondering too... Are the vintage and motuc styles being merged to make this new line and the old lines are being done away with? Lots of questions here....
    More questions than answers. Hope in the end classics, and vintage collector Super7 or mattel are all happy

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post

https://imgur.com/5i4hEADheman.jpg
    Damm. I'd say that confirms it!

( Runs around room pumping fist)

Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 12, 2019 at 12:28am.
    Odd Man Out

Seems there is a significant plan to continue the this new 5.5 line. That is interesting and a solid move from Mattel regarding MotU ip.

Personally this news and development does say to me that this mash up of classics and vintage line might be a real sign that classics line (don't know if CG is included too) and super7 vintage line(don't know if Filmation "as seen on tv" is included too) is nearing its end. Hate to admit it but that is the effect on me (again personally).

But if this is the future moving forward.... More power to MotU.....

By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Seems there is a significant plan to continue the this new 5.5 line. That is interesting and a solid move from Mattel regarding MotU ip.

Personally this news and development does say to me that this mash up of classics and vintage line might be a real sign that classics line (don't know if CG is included too) and super7 vintage line(don't know if Filmation "as seen on tv" is included too) is nearing its end. Hate to admit it but that is the effect on me (again personally).

I do think the same.

As you said maybe the could keep making some Club Grayskull, but do not know.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post

The Horseman guy did say use of the MOTUC style buck isnít dead.

But I think weíd sensed that Super7 would be using it for Thundercats, Conan, other IPs. I can see Bravestar. And I think we might get some closure with MOTUC Filmation and movie stuff, maybe a few special figures.

That buck has plenty of future. I think what we have probably seen the last of are characters and styles already released in MOTUC. The core characters are transitioning to a new style. Doesnít mean weíve seen the last of MOTUC and similar style compatible figures but I also think MOTUC proper is probably near its end and what weíll see more of are companion figures from other IPs.

And without rereleases, how many major MOTUC figures are left? Itís not necessarily the end but itís nearer the end.

From what I heard, somebody at S7 responded favorably to Transformers Pretender shells as 7 inch figures. S7ís future is fringe and eclectic. Maybe with some MOTU stuff in there.

Oh! And for folks who donít like the articulation cuts on the SDCC figures:

Apparently the Horsemen did these sculpts but not the articulation and are adjusting the articulation cuts for retail. The elbows wonít be quite as indented.

So this IS a proof of concept subject to change some before retail but the decision to do a retail line is made. These are basically pre-revision concept pieces from a line gearing up for release with a few tweaks.

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    Hmmm..?

Glad these are appealing to some.

Just not doing it for me though. That’s fine, and I’m sure I’ll get any Skeletors they make.

I hope people who want these can get them.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I can't stop looking at these, they're so vintage but modern too.

TBH I think I'm done with Classics, after 11 years I think it's been an amazing run, we have so many figures. But Mattel really needs to give MOTU another go at retail, I think this style can be it.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    He-man's vintage head is off like the 12" one a few years ago. That said I'm still all in for these. PLEASE BE A RETAIL LINE!!! (AND AVAILABLE IN CANADA!!!!)

What a strange and interesting idea. So 5.5 retro inspired figures with modern articulation? Iíve always thought it would be amazing to see the release of new figures in the 5.5Ē scale, but always thought that if it happened it would be similar to what Super7 did with He-Ro and Eldor, new sculpts intended to blend in with and expand the original line. Which I was personally really excited for and was disappointed when it was revealed that they would be the only figures in Super7ís neo-vintage line that werenít going to be filmation variants.

I canít say I ever really thought I needed modern articulation in an original style MOTU figure. However if as previous fans have posted in this thread the 4H are going to tweak the articulation for the main line release, such as the deep cuts at the elbows joints (and hopefully turn that furspeedo back into a loincloth, now thatís just immodest He-Man) to make these look even more like original line figures this could really be the best of both worlds. The possibilities from reissues, to never released figures, to cool variants would be really exciting.

I hope this isnít the complete end of MOTUC. From Mantisaur, to the Road Ripper, Major Header, the Masks of Power Demons, Turbodactyl, the Fright Zone, I could still list dozens of more great pieces Iíd like to see in that line. Even if the releases are more spread out and based on pre-orders in order to make room for this new line.

Iím definitely interested to see where this goes.

So exciting!

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

these figures are great and all... but starting a new line and new scale... nope. Sorry boys at Mattel, this is my exit and Snake Mountain is my swan song

Good luck to you all with this and may the odds forever be in your favor
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    these figures are great and all... but starting a new line and new scale... nope. Sorry boys at Mattel, this is my exit and Snake Mountain is my swan song

Really in new scale?
    At Facebook Mattel said that it will come in Vintage scale.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post

Yeah, I went all-in with MOTUC, so I'll be jumping off too when this becomes the dominant style and Classics ends.

Still hoping there'll be one-offs and exclusives for MOTUC going forward.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

The thing that had been killing my excitement regarding collecting "offshoot" MOTU lines lately had been seeing what I thought were lackluster figures coming out under the Club Grayskull and the "Filmation aesthetic" 5.5 lines from Super7. When I say "offshoot", I say this pretty much because I regard the Classics/Collector's Choice line to be the main meat & potatoes in regards to what I collect and Delora/Hawke aside, I think Super7 has handled those releases quite well. I've been cherry picking their ReAction line and mainly been using them to decorate a portion of a wall in one of my rooms. I have had no qualms with the ReAction price point or quality and think they look great MOC. When He-Ro & Eldor shipped, I was pleasantly surprised at how perfect I thought they turned out, but also a bit bummed to hear Super7 was unable to continue down that road (i.e. creating all-new 5.5" characters in a PoG line).
    But I stopped buying Club Grayskull because of the botched females and the accompanying price tag per figure.
    And the Filmation 5.5"s aren't really my thing.
    Now, Mattel is coming back into the game with what I consider to be "ultimate 5.5" figures". They've got improved articulation, better accessories (that dagger for He-Man's boot! The Alcala Power Sword! A better-looking shield for He-Man! Soft-goods vest for the mini-comic Adam! AND THAT PACKAGING!!!), and $40 for a two-pack with artwork that's almost worth the price tag alone... it's not like I can afford to buy 12 new figures at a time or anything, but if these come out here and there for $20 or less a pop (I would think retail releases would command a lighter price tag than a SDCC exclusive pack), I will totally be picking these up.
    Once I saw that instagram post with these new figures posed in front of Classics Castle Grayskull, I thought "Oh man these are going to go with Super7 Snake Mountain quite perfectly!!!", which makes buying that beast of a product somehow more palatable, because even if the Classics/Collector's Choice line goes kaput- you can collect this new line and still display them with the Classics playsets and they'll look perfect together.

I do echo the sentiments someone had above, about not wanting to collect the same characters all over again in the usual release order. I would love to see the character selection mixed up a bit and also am not opposed to all-new characters being thrown into the stew. No doubt the upcoming motion picture is going to introduce us to some brand new heroes and villians the same way the '87 movie did, and it would be rad to get any 2021 movie characters in this new line.

That said, my current top ten wants (too soon?) go as follows:

Zodac
    Teela
    Evil-Lyn
    Sy-Klone
    Rokkon
    Tri-Klops
    Hordak
    Skeletor
    Orko
    Shokoti

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I can't stop looking at these, they're so vintage but modern too.

TBH I think I'm done with Classics, after 11 years I think it's been an amazing run, we have so many figures. But Mattel really needs to give MOTU another go at retail, I think this style can be it.
    I agree... but, where would you like them to show up?

Possibly Target, Walmart, Hot Topic, FYE, Gamestop, etc.

It's times like these that you really start to miss Toys R Us and Kay-Bee...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Anyone want to guess if Mattel will have leftovers to sell on their website or through other retail websites after comic con? Those of you that have been around for a long time, what do you think? Iím trying to decide whether to go ahead and order one off of eBay for 100 bucks.

What it be foolish to go ahead and order one off of eBay right now for 100 bucks?

So I love these. I actually would have slightly preferred ditching the additional articulation, except maybe just boot and wrist swivel. But I'm not going to complain - I've been wanting minicomic styled vintage format 5.5" figures for a long time now. So I'm all in! I do think the swappable heads thing is genius. I'd love to see an Alcala Skeletor next with swappable Alcala and prototype Skeletor heads. Also minicomics Mer-Man!

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    Ok i take the full 8back and RamMan, Man-E, Fisto, Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, Whiplash,Webstor, Clawful ,Kobra Khan in that Alcala/Concept/Vintage2.0 style for now :-D oohhh and a Green Goddess of course!!!
    Last edited by JimPansen; June 12, 2019 at 09:01am.