Thread: Mangeloid Wave 2 Concept Art

Mangeloid Wave 2 Concept Art

Stagwolf has always been about building fan-community and filling collection niches based on input from fellow hobbyists. The Mangeloid project is going to be focused on this concept more than ever.

Each wave of figure designs will include 8 "Slots" defined loosely by the vintage MOTU release order, because why mess with a good formula?!

Wave 1, our debut wave was pre-determined, but from Wave 2 onward all figure selections will be decided upon by community voting. And fully half of the available options will always be submitted by community members.

Now we just need 4 submissions from you, the fans for the first slot!. Remember, IF a fan-submission makes it to the final slot, the creator of that submission will get the prototype of that figure sent to them totally free of charge!

A few simple Rules:

1. One Submission per person
    2. Submission requires a visual and a brief (1-2 sentence) description.
    3. Each submission must fit the theme of this slot "Heroic Support" (I'll decide, but I'll be liberal)
    4. If more than 4 qualifying submissions are made, I'll pick who gets into the running (though I will consider fan-feedback, so cheer on your favorites!)
    5. Submissions will remain open until July 2 (my birthday )'
    6. By submitting you are attesting that you have ownership of the submitted idea and are willing to have it produced as a toy by Stagwolf Art and Toys

I look forward to see what folks come up with!

The remaining 4 slots will be inspired by vintage designs. In this thread I'll be slowly unveiling each of the vintage-inspired options for each of the 8 slots.

First up we have the "Heroic Back-Up" Slot, inspired by Fisto's 1984 Debut. This character is a heroic figure who's ALMOST got the chops to match the main hero. Lancelot to Arthur. His role as the hero might not be as clear as our anchor-guy, but he's got his heart in the right place, and he's got the muscle to back it up.

And our first revealed candidate is inspired by Fuerza-T's Platino. As a He-Man/Fisto Parts Mash-Up he's a little on-the-nose for this slot, but he's a cool design and could really emerge as a new player with a new unique part-set.

More to come!
    Last edited by DestrongerLupus; June 16, 2019 at 04:42pm. Reason: Updating image
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Stagwolf Art and Toys
    https://stagwolfartandtoys.squarespace.com/

Heroic Warrior Candidate 4 : Iron Lion

For our second reveal we're skipping to the 4th slot. He might be savage feral cat man, he might be a glam-hair leather-fetish punk...it's probably both. The Infaceables were all about dual identities, and Iron-Lion (as near as I can tell) was intended as the poster-child heroic front-man, so he's a great candidate for this slot.

He'd be getting a full set of new parts, and I'll probably either do optional heads or a full-on-MEF-Face-Swap, either way I'd like to give him rooted hair. That mane is too glorious not to!

(If he wins!)

"I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

Stagwolf Art and Toys

Heroic Support Candidates 2 & 3: Shidoshi and Magnon

The final two vintage candidates for our first slot are now revealed.

Contender two is the other head hero from Fuerza-T Shidoshi. Mash-up of Fisto and Jitsu parts, portrayed in both the concept art and the fiction as more of a modern warrior, I decided to lean into the power-armor angle with his design

And choice three is another "He-Man-Alike", from Galaxy Warriors, he's the dark-horse of this contest. His vintage toy was unremarkable, and my update is still pretty understated, but man I love what I did with his helmet. It's a perfect example of what can be done with 3D-Printing and is impossible with traditional manufacturing. Final edge here is that he's basically finished, so he can hit the production line very quickly!

Now we just need 4 submissions from you, the fans. Remember, IF a fan-submission makes it to the final slot, the creator of that submission will get the prototype of that figure sent to them totally free of charge!

A few simple Rules:

1. One Submission per person
    2. Submission requires a visual and a brief (1-2 sentence) description.
    3. Each submission must fit the theme of this slot "Heroic Support" (I'll decide, but I'll be liberal)
    4. If more than 4 qualifying submissions are made, I'll pick who gets into the running (though I will consider fan-feedback, so cheer on your favorites!)
    5. Submissions will remain open until July 2 (my birthday )'
    6. By submitting you are attesting that you have ownership of the submitted idea and are willing to have it produced as a toy by Stagwolf Art and Toys

I look forward to see what folks come up with!
    Last edited by DestrongerLupus; June 16, 2019 at 04:40pm.

Stagwolf Art and Toys

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    ok, so i'm cutting it super close, but i had a hard time figuring out whom to submit! I went with Willow. She is a guardian in the forest, think like an Ent (or maybe an Entwife?). She can root and uproot as necessary and can spread bark over her entire form to shield from attacks. She is shown in her recreational form, where she doesn't need to be fully shielded. She can use her branches as whips and form small wooden daggers (think like a throwing star) she can throw at her enemies.

i'm not fully sold on how here hand branches work... i'm thinking they need to come out of her wrists instead. (more like long bracelets or like Spinnerella's bracers.)

She has sister-trees, but those will have to wait for another submission!
    Attachment 120756
    Last edited by LadyAngora; July 1, 2019 at 10:49am.
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi