Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swift Wind Adventures [NEW SHORTS] Thread

Swift Wind Adventures [NEW SHORTS] Thread

https://www.instagram.com/p/BylZ05pFBa_/

DID SOMEONE SAY SWIFT WIND?! In the next couple of weeks, we're going on some special Swift Wind ADVENTURES!!! Please join us this Thursday for the first Swift Wind Story! #SheRa
    Swift Wind Adventures: Unicorn Warrior Training! | SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER (NEW SHORTS)

"Sure, meditation might help someone become a great warrior in time... But have you tried horsey methods?"

--------------------

Swift Wind Adventures: Arm Wrestling Revenge! | SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER (NEW SHORTS)

"Did someone say Swift Wind?! When Swift Wind finds Sea Hawk bluer than the sea, he takes matters into his own wings!"

--------------------

Swift Wind Adventures: A Princess Birthday Party! | SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER (NEW SHORTS)

"The only one worse than Adora at coming up with birthday gift ideas is... Swift Wind. Thank goodness he's here to help?"

--------------------

Swift Wind Adventures: Grounded Glimmer Jailbreak! | SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER (NEW SHORTS)

"Adora and Swift Wind are still learning about new things like... being grounded. They have no idea what that is. Luckily, they are both completely lost and confused together."

--------------------

Swift Wind Adventures: Horse Hero Transformation! | SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER (NEW SHORTS)

"Swift Wind has been busy singing songs and righting wrongs. Now it's time for She-Ra to help him become the noble steed of his dreams! Should be easy. With enough apples."

Last edited by Tallstar; July 10, 2019 at 01:05pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

That is so awesome, Tallstar! I'll definitely check out those amazing videos soon.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

As Robin Hood would say...

"We're in a lot of trouble..."
    I am Imp's number one fan.

The next "Swift Wind Adventures" short is up on DreamWorksTV's YouTube Channel!

Last edited by Tallstar; June 19, 2019 at 03:02pm.

Are these on Netflix, or just online at the moment?

Widget
    Finally! Someone asks "Who is Grayskull?"

Even Adora hasn't done that yet.

Totally Dyslexic
    I donīt like the fact that every character now seems to be comic relief.

I didnīt appreciate it with Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl, Mantenna, Imp, Hordak, Perfuma and the twiggets back in the FILMATION series but now itīs clearly getting overhand.

Every character including Light Hope and Adora are used for stupid humor and cheap laughs and these clips are adding to it.

I may be to serious but this is getting just stupid and just consent nonsense. There is no balance at all.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I can't wait to start watching the Swift Wind shorts as well.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

The next "Swift Wind Adventures" short is up on DreamWorksTV's YouTube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

I didnīt appreciate it with Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl, Mantenna, Imp, Hordak, Perfuma and the twiggets back in the FILMATION series but now itīs clearly getting overhand.

Every character including Light Hope and Adora are used for stupid humor and cheap laughs and these clips are adding to it.

I may be to serious but this is getting just stupid and just consent nonsense. There is no balance at all.
    Eh I don't mind rationing the comic relief out to everyone. The show is pretty clearly aping Avatat Ther Last Airbender in a lot fo ways and that show did the same thing.

I'm not calling it as good as ATLA though don't get me wrong but, I don't think there is anything wrong with this kind of storytelling technique

I thought the word "drops" in the title of this link meant that it was not coming out!

The use of the word "drops" instead of "released" is getting confusing for an old person like me!

I like shorts! They’re comfy and easy to wear!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Eh I don't mind rationing the comic relief out to everyone. The show is pretty clearly aping Avatat Ther Last Airbender in a lot fo ways and that show did the same thing.

I'm not calling it as good as ATLA though don't get me wrong but, I don't think there is anything wrong with this kind of storytelling technique
    You are clearly more interested in being entertained but i want to be amazed. And i can say iīm clearly not

Today (of course algorithms and stuff )i was recommended this video and i watched it. They say it better than i could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ercr86oLgYM
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

You are clearly more interested in being entertained but i want to be amazed. And i can say iīm clearly not

Today (of course algorithms and stuff )i was recommended this video and i watched it. They say it better than i could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ercr86oLgYM
    Let me make one thing clear, while I'm about to draw alot of paralels between this show and ATLA, I am by no means saying it is anywhere near as good as it. Netflix She-Ra is mearly decent/good, while ATLA is great.

That being said ATLA had the whole cast partaking in this kind of humour, had them do it fequently and had it be just as goofy if not more so than Netflix She-Ra. And today over decade after it ended ATLA is still considered a masterpiece and often in the argument for greaest animated series ever.

This kind of humour does not detract from the drama of a story because ATLA wouldn't be as good as it was otherwise.
    Last edited by A Dalek; June 29, 2019 at 03:42pm.

Totally Dyslexic
    Let me make one thing clear, while I'm about to draw alot of paralels between this show and ATLA, I am by no means saying it is anywhere near as good as it. Netflix She-Ra is mearly decent/good, while ATLA is great.

That being said ATLA had the whole cast partaking in this kind of humour, had them do it fequently and had it be just as goofy if not more so than Netflix She-Ra. And today over decade after it ended ATLA is still considered a masterpiece and often in the argument for greaest animated series ever.

This kind of humour does not detract from the drama of a story because ATLA wouldn't be as good as it was otherwise.
    I only watched a few episodes and yes, i agree with you in all points when it comes to the last airbender but they were kids even younger than the rebels more similar to the ice princess in this show.

And it was made for children.

This show is made for well...i actually do not know...and uses nostalgia to create a buzz to make it more relevant which it doesīt need.

If they had invented new characters(instead of using POP for their purpose) i really think the show would be better.

I only watched a few episodes and yes, i agree with you in all points when it comes to the last airbender but they were kids even younger than the rebels more similar to the ice princess in this show.

And it was made for children.

This show is made for well...i actually do not know...and uses nostalgia to create a buzz to make it more relevant which it doesīt need.

If they had invented new characters(instead of using POP for their purpose) i really think the show would be better.
    I think it might be the other way around, in the sense that execs wanted a show that cribbed from popular shows of the milenial generations to make PoP relevent to a modern audiance. I still think it's intended for kids since ATLA's sequal Legend of Korra were both intended for kids and had an similar tone, whil actualy diving into subject matter that was often darker than what we have seen from Netflix She-Ra (so fa atleast) and in the case of Korra it's main characters were actualy about the same age as the Rebels (and actualy a couple of years older in season 4).

Was that the right choice? Eh half and half I'd say, don't forget the biggest critiscism the Netflix She-Ra has recieved is that it hasn't done anything ATLA didn't do better, but that aping of it has clearly lead to alot of sucsess for the show and gained it, it's own fanbase.

How will it do in the long run? I dunno but sometimes a version of a franchise that is drasticly diferent from the source material can end being a fan favourite, due it standing out from other iterations. Like how alot of Spider-Man fans love the Toei series, despite it having nothing in common with other Spidey stories besides the costume and basic powers.
    Last edited by A Dalek; June 30, 2019 at 03:29pm.

They talk about how important Swift Wind is in an episode, but he is barely used in the show so far and when he is, he is mainly just comedy relief. His flying ability would be pretty useful in some episodes.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not quite done with season 1 yet, so does Swift Wind get more of a spot light later? I don't recall him speaking at all yet. Is he like a breakout star of the show or something?

Sometimes I enjoy the humor, but other times yeah, it's just cringy. Some portions of some episodes I just have constant cringe face (for multiple reasons, not just the humor). That said, I'm kind of enjoying the show, more than I thought after the first few episodes. Granted, I'm only up to S1 Episode 10, so...

The next "Swift Wind Adventures" short is up on DreamWorksTV's YouTube channel!

The next (and final) "Swift Wind Adventures" short is up on DreamWorksTV's YouTube channel!

the transformation sequence!!
    Lord Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They talk about how important Swift Wind is in an episode, but he is barely used in the show so far and when he is, he is mainly just comedy relief. His flying ability would be pretty useful in some episodes.
    Yeah, I’m not enjoying how he’s being used. They have an actual stand up comedian voicing him, and he’s talented, but the writing is very hokey... I just wish he were more than bad jokes.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    I think in general, the show just lacks an overall grace when it comes to the dialogue and voice acting. I don't know if grace is the exact word, I'm struggling to find the right description for what the 80s show had, that this version doesn't. To me, Swift Wind is actually the least of the issues with how these characters are voiced or represented.

A glaring example of what I'm getting at is how Adora and Light Hope interacted in the episode "Light Hope". In the old show, it would have been a scene of awe (for Adora), mystic wonder, calm dignity. In the new show, any attempt at a similar mood is undercut by odd interjections of "humor", snarky or sarcastic comments from Adora, and her inability to not fill any potential silent moment with unnecessary nervous ramblings (a common problem with characters throughout the show).

This has bothered me so much, and is one (though not the only) reason that I never finished watching the last episode of Season 1. I'm still excited to check out the toy line, but if the show is going to bother me this much, I figure that I should probably stop watching it, before I potentially start hating it. Right now, I'm just annoyed with it.
    Last edited by Etherius Eterno; July 13, 2019 at 07:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    I think in general, the show just lacks an overall grace when it comes to the dialogue and voice acting. I don't know if grace is the exact word, I'm struggling to find the right description for what the 80s show had, that this version doesn't. To me, Swift Wind is actually the least of the issues with how these characters are voiced or represented.

A glaring example of what I'm getting at is how Adora and Light Hope interacted in the episode "Light Hope". In the old show, it would have been a scene of awe (for Adora), mystic wonder, calm dignity. In the new show, any attempt at a similar mood is undercut by odd interjections of "humor", snarky or sarcastic comments from Adora, and her inability to not fill any potential silent moment with unnecessary nervous ramblings (a common problem with characters throughout the show).

This has bothered me so much, and is one (though not the only) reason that I never finished watching the last episode of Season 1. I'm still excited to check out the toy line, but if the show is going to bother me this much, I figure that I should probably stop watching it, before I potentially start hating it. Right now, I'm just annoyed with it.
    I don't mind the sillyness, I no I keep bringing up ATLA, but it's mainly because it's clearly the style that it's trying to emulate. That show had an etremly similar tone in regards to it's silyness to serousness ratio. ATLA did it way better mind you, but I don't think it's done terrably here.

The show does seem to mostly dile back the humour on the moments that are meant to be emotional or sad wich I think is the right time to do so.

I also feel it might be down to the show having a little bit of influence from the magical girl genre aswell (wich the original She-Ra had more than a few shades of to begin with, although that was probably conicidental), as they often had a lot of humour in tandem with the more serous stuff, especialy the Precure franchise.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't mind the sillyness, I no I keep bringing up ATLA, but it's mainly because it's clearly the style that it's trying to emulate. That show had an etremly similar tone in regards to it's silyness to serousness ratio. ATLA did it way better mind you, but I don't think it's done terrably here.

The show does seem to mostly dile back the humour on the moments that are meant to be emotional or sad wich I think is the right time to do so.

I also feel it might be down to the show having a little bit of influence from the magical girl genre aswell (wich the original She-Ra had more than a few shades of to begin with, although that was probably conicidental), as they often had a lot of humour in tandem with the more serous stuff, especialy the Precure franchise.
    Fair enough. I don't mind some silliness either, and certainly the 80s She-Ra had its share.

I don't really watch a ton of animation, so I guess I'm just out of the loop regarding trends in what's popular or whats successful. I can see how people can enjoy this show for what it is, I just don't think it's for me. And not for any of the controversial issues people have argued over, the so-called "SJW" stuff or whatever. If there is any of that in the show, then it's pretty mild and isn't what bothers me. And most of the designs don't bother me either. That's why I'm still excited for the toys. I guess it does just come down to tone, dialogue style, etc. All the things I listed before.