Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slamurai & Snake Troopers MOTUC 3-Pack discussion w/ Pixel Dan review

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    What feet should they have used though? There are no ninja booted feet with the toes split in the middle. Seems boots are our only option. Can't be oolars feet, no ninja is scaling the walls barefoot.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    They should have used the feet of the prototype.
    I assume it's the feet of He-man and Skeletor CG. They are much more aesthetic than those horrible booties.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    I assume it's the feet of He-man and Skeletor CG. They are much more aesthetic than those horrible booties.
    Could use Panthro's feet.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Stop lol. You ain't gonna fool anyone with your words lol. Like we don't know what we been buying from matty and from s7 and not know the difference. There's a huge difference. We just ain't ignoring the difference like some cheerleaders do.

Now quote that for truth, lol. Cause it's true. There's a handful of people that fail to see the truth and ignore the reality. They just rah rah that s7 carried the torch and all the same stuff over and over lol. It's quite comical. Rah rah rah shish koom bah.

SMH. This isnít sports, you know. You donít have to support every move by one team and deride every move by the other. You can enjoy and be frustrated by things both companies do/did.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Good idea, but in the old design and Axel's, the feet are much simpler.

I'm so happy to see these released and complete the 88 lost wave. They were some of my most wanted figures and I wouldn't have considered Classics complete if we hadn't got them.
    It's a shame they didn't use the correct forearms and feet but I suppose it could have been a lot worse and they could have used the Ninjor forearms and feet, that would have been terrible.
    Even though it will probably never happen I still hope we can get a newly sculpted vest for Slamurai with the correct symbols on as a packin with another figure in the future.

The card art is amazing but really Felinor from Fuerza T, we're not going to go there in Classics are we? I'd be happy for people to get them if they want them but I've always consider them a totally separate brand with their own characters and story which I personally wouldn't want to see shoehorned into MOTU. I consider myself a completest in Classics but I would skip any Fuerza T characters.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Felinor from Fuerza T, we're not going to go there in Classics are we? I'd be happy for people to get them if they want them but I've always consider them a totally separate brand with their own characters and story which I personally wouldn't want to see shoehorned into MOTU.
    I agree, 100%. They're cool, and the Easter egg is fun, but it's a totally separate brand, mythos, and company that happens to use MOTU parts. I'd prefer not to have Fuerza-T released under the MOTUC banner. There are many legitimate MOTU/POP/NA characters that I'd much rather see made. Even with 100% parts reuse, there are still quite a few characters and variants that could be created without having to jump over into a totally separate toyline.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; June 19, 2019 at 11:54am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I agree, 100%. They're cool, and the Easter egg is fun, but it's a totally separate brand, mythos, and company that happens to use MOTU parts. I'd prefer not to have Fuerza-T released under the MOTUC banner. There are many legitimate MOTU/POP/NA characters that I'd much rather see made. Even with 100% parts reuse, there are still quite a few characters and variants that could be created without having to jump over into a totally separate toyline.
    I was under the impression that this fandom has been always requesting Fuerza-T to be integrated with MOTU, pretty much like same requests to integrate Bravestarr and Blackstar into the line. That said, I agree that we should get legitimate characters first in the line (if that line happens to continue), but if they're cool options to offer as straight repaints and reuse, why not? (without taking any slot from other original characters that could be done also reusing and repainting parts). Also, since Fuerza T characters are so alike (same parts!) to MOTU characters, I would like them to be integrated into the mythos. For example, Tekno could easily be one of those unknown Cosmic Enforcers, and Platino could be one more of the He-men (considering it's a 5,000 years period and we know relatively few of those He-men along that period).
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...I have an Awesome, and totally professional-quality custom of Tekno I bought off of Ebay several years ago! I incorporated him into canon by saying he was a police-officer from Kronis/Trap-Jaw's homeworld, who became injured in the line of duty, thus being cybernetically-reconstructed! He doggedly pursued him until he eventually found his way to Eternia, where the pursuit has become purely personal!

Pixel Dan's review has actually made me come to like Slamurai with just the cloth tunic. I was originally going to use the molded armor and samurai head, but now I've decided I'm going to use some of my spare parts and make Slamurai into two characters!

The molded armor and samurai head will be put on a custom buck with some extra armor pieces to be my official Slamurai. The base Powercon figure with the cloth tunic will be a companion figure I've named "White Out". Basically, White Out is a spiritual projection of Slamurai's shadow that he can send out for recon and ninja hijinks against Ninjor, giving him a numerical and intelligence advantage on the battlefield. The "Slam" in Slamurai will be the way in which he can launch White Out concussively like a freight train against opponents.
    Last edited by Palidor; June 19, 2019 at 10:16pm.

Well since Super 7 is making other properties as 7 inch figures, they should do Fuerza-T as it's own line. I'm sure it would get a ton of support!

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I'm pretty sure those were supposed to be Stratos's feet. Panthro's feet would have been cool but they would have required a newly tooled shin. They could have used Icer's feet as well. I hope they just didn't have access to either mold. I'm surprised however that they would have gotten rid of the bare forearm molds. Those were used much more recently on the Skelcon figure and would have had many more uses. They should have kept those and they could have made cheap accessory molds if they wanted to ever use a different forearm type like marvel legends does.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I'm pretty sure those were supposed to be Stratos's feet. Panthro's feet would have been cool but they would have required a newly tooled shin. They could have used Icer's feet as well. I hope they just didn't have access to either mold. I'm surprised however that they would have gotten rid of the bare forearm molds. Those were used much more recently on the Skelcon figure and would have had many more uses. They should have kept those and they could have made cheap accessory molds if they wanted to ever use a different forearm type like marvel legends does.
    Yes, that's Icer's feet, Stratos feet have some incompatible little details. You're absolutely right, the forearms were used in Skelcon, it's rare that they were discarded so soon.
    Mattel has no excuse. I'm super disappointed with this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Metaltor View Post
    Well since Super 7 is making other properties as 7 inch figures, they should do Fuerza-T as it's own line. I'm sure it would get a ton of support!
    Yeah I agree. If there is demand for these then I'd love to see those fans get them. But release them as Fuerza-T Classics and don't shoehorn them into the MOTU brand please.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

PREACH! Same goes for Bravestarr, Blackstarr, and whatever other brands are out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah I agree. If there is demand for these then I'd love to see those fans get them. But release them as Fuerza-T Classics and don't shoehorn them into the MOTU brand please.
    Again, this right here.

- - - Updated - - -

As I have said before when Super7 took over MOTUC (and screwed it up), I was done collecting MOTUC. However, when I learned that Mattel might be making these Classics exclusives for Power Con, I preordered 2 sets on BBTS right away. So, I am briefly re-entering the Classics arena.

I suppose because I already wrote my own fan-fiction and bios for the Fuerza T characters that brought them into the MOTU mythos I'm more comfortable with the idea. But the Classics Canon has always been about stitching together varying and wildly disparate stories into one single MOTU narrative and it's easy enough to write a few lines to make almost anything you want work in that larger storyline.

And the Fuerza T storyline isn't exactly well fleshed out and would not be hard to incorporate into MOTU proper if that's what the powers that be wanted. I mean - Gr'asp and Terroar and Plasmar were just sketches with no real connection to MOTU other than reused parts - but you guys found a way to write them into the story. Camo Khan was something done by Top Toys that didn't have any organic connection to MOTU beyond shared parts but a bio was written and voila - now part of the classics canon. All it takes is the will to do it by those in charge and it's as easy enough to pull them in. In my opinion the total parts reuse from MOTU would make it weirder to be its own standalone thing - like Thundercats classics.

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I was under the impression that this fandom has been always requesting Fuerza-T to be integrated with MOTU, pretty much like same requests to integrate Bravestarr and Blackstar into the line. That said, I agree that we should get legitimate characters first in the line (if that line happens to continue), but if they're cool options to offer as straight repaints and reuse, why not? (without taking any slot from other original characters that could be done also reusing and repainting parts). Also, since Fuerza T characters are so alike (same parts!) to MOTU characters, I would like them to be integrated into the mythos. For example, Tekno could easily be one of those unknown Cosmic Enforcers, and Platino could be one more of the He-men (considering it's a 5,000 years period and we know relatively few of those He-men along that period).
    OMG NO!! Integrating these items into MOTU would be awful.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Honestly I don't see the "awfulness" there, but I suppose it's a matter of taste. Anyways it's not a priority for me, just thought it was a cool idea after the cameo of Felinor on that artwork for PC exclusives. Man, those Fuerza-T characters are so aligned to Eternia's look & feel.

Thinking twice about Bravestarr and Blackstar, they would be better managed as related but separate lines, like Thundercats: use same buck, issue a crossover mini-comic.
    Last edited by man-at-work; June 21, 2019 at 05:04pm.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Kamo khan was made and put in the collection, I honestly don't see the problem with the others.

As for brave star and black star being under motuc? Nah.
    Brave star being brave star and black star being black star on motuc bucks and construction, then yes. I just won't support the brave star. Definitely wasn't a fan of that show or toys.
    I had black star before I had he man, and they always were played with along side eachother.

And as always, I'm gonna push remco's/dc the lost world of the warlord in there. They take a prominent spot over others for me.

If they do black star, they just need not to include that dumb lighter wheel and flint. Even at 3 I thought that was stupid, haha. Loved his dragon, though. Best part of the whole line.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I canít imagine having strong feelings either way. I donít know Blackstar from a can of paint but I wouldnít be feeling multiple exclamation points worth of emotions if they released a tribute figure or something.

Heroic Warrior
    Those Horde snake troopers look awesome

Fuerza-T looks great too that black Beastman with the blue Merman armor

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Hello Felinor from Fuerza T!

Attachment 120628
    I was here just to see if somebody spotted Felinor!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; September 6, 2019 at 05:01pm.
    I met 3 heroes: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Miracle Max.
    And I also met an angel called David. Good journey, sit tibi terra levis.

While I agree we dont need to shoehorn Fuerza T into the line, having a tribute character her or there would be a cool nod. Felinor could just be a Quadian character in the mythos with same overall look without being the exact same character. Tribute characters from the famous bootleg brands like Speclatron, Warrior Beasts, Galaxy Warriors and such have their own fandom, y'know!!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Here's my look at the set for those wanting to see more pics (and a vid embedded in the feature, too)
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)