Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slamurai & Snake Troopers MOTUC 3-Pack discussion w/ Pixel Dan review

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I am looking at Dree-Elle and Montork, wondering what is with the hate for Super7. I have Quakke, Lodar, a BETTER FilMation He-Man and Skeletor, with movie figures AND Snake Mountain coming.

I like them to be made as much as anyone else, but Mattel hardly has the quality track record some are trumpeting here. Let's not rewrite history. Sorry, but Slamurai is missing proper pieces, so he is a disappointment for some. Giving them the benefit of the doubt but not Super7 (who carried the torch when Mattel passed it up) is unfair.

Where is the like button This^^^Spoken for truth.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    If there was no way around using those arms, I wish they would have painted the bracers that awesome metallic blue.
    Drat, now I really want one with exactly that to match the underlying belt. Paint matching on my own would be quite the task.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidor View Post
    Drat, now I really want one with exactly that to match the underlying belt. Paint matching on my own would be quite the task.
    The mold used for Oo-larr must have been tossed out by the factory otherwise Slamorai would have the bare forarms like he was supposed to. This alone tells me Mattel can not take over MOTUC's again The molds for most of the figures parts have probably been scrapped . No factory holds on to molds for four years when they are not being used anymore.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

....wondering what is with the hate for Super7. I have Quakke, Lodar, a BETTER FilMation He-Man and Skeletor, with movie figures AND Snake Mountain coming.
    Sure, with free pemission from Mattel , because remember they still own the toy rights of this IP and watched every move by Super7 with much attention throughout these months, so they better dont mess up with Snake Mountain;
    you know I still dont believe the theory it was all Super7 doing this. Matty still really care for He-Man as a property, I mean not being messed up, I think it's part of their core business now more than ever with all of the superhero movies phenomen.
    But Brian is such a good Toy guru that has no rival to Scott. Both very professionals.

I like them to be made as much as anyone else, but Mattel hardly has the quality track record some are trumpeting here. Let's not rewrite history. Sorry, but Slamurai is missing proper pieces, so he is a disappointment for some. Giving them the benefit of the doubt but not Super7 (who carried the torch when Mattel passed it up) is unfair.
    Nahh I dont think Mattel never passed the torch in the way you speak, they have always been there. Blame it to the chinese factories instead. Said that, Classic will no longer return to Mattycollector or what else, those days are long gone (I mean years!), they're too busy to relaunch the property for a wider audience because its the way to go from a business perspective (see The Snake Eyes movie from Hasbro is also expected due to slate in late 2020), the moment has come.
    I'd be ok for S7 to keep maintaining rights for our tiny tiny line dedicated to nostalgic adult nerds , I understand if that will happens and I hope so because I want many more classicized characters and filmation as well. They're becoming so pricey anyway, S7 just do re-release from time to time, I do not want spend 70$ for 1 CG figure alone on the secondary market, just this
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Sure, with free pemission from Mattel , because remember they still own the toy rights of this IP and watched every move by Super7 with much attention throughout these months, so they better dont mess up with Snake Mountain;
    you know I still dont believe the theory it was all Super7 doing this. Matty still really care for He-Man as a property, I mean not being messed up, I think it's part of their core business now more than ever with all of the superhero movies phenomen.
    But Brian is such a good Toy guru that has no rival to Scott. Both very professionals.

Nahh I dont think Mattel never passed the torch in the way you speak, they have always been there. Blame it to the chinese factories instead. Said that, Classic will no longer return to Mattycollector or what else, those days are long gone (I mean years!), they're too busy to relaunch the property for a wider audience because its the way to go from a business perspective (see The Snake Eyes movie from Hasbro is also expected due to slate in late 2020), the moment has come.
    I'd be ok for S7 to keep maintaining rights for our tiny tiny line dedicated to nostalgic adult nerds , I understand if that will happens and I hope so because I want many more classicized characters and filmation as well. They're becoming so pricey anyway, S7 just do re-release from time to time, I do not want spend 70$ for 1 CG figure alone on the secondary market, just this
    So much of this is factually inaccurate, I don't know where to begin. XD But glad you prefer Mattel vendors messing up figures during production instead of Super7's. Kudos.

Everyone talks about the arms and nobody refers to the feet.
    They gave Slamurai those horrible booties, without a doubt are the rarest ugliest feet that have the line Classics in general.
    I feel cheated.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I have to say, Slamuari looks amazing. I'm kind of sad this wasn't released on a single card earlier on in the line.

I love all the different parts and accessories but still hate the name Slamurai with a passion, I think something more mystical would have been better and more fitting.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Best thing about the bios? Ra-Jar confirned as good guy. Yes!

So much to love about this. The figures look fantastic to me and look like the Errol McCarthy illustrations burst into technicolor 3-D. The bonus head for Slamurai is a surprise, and had I known about it, I probably would have talked myself into buying a second set. Extra troopers aren't bad, but I really want the ability to display this figure both ways. The bios are cool and I always love the name dropping of other potential characters - Ra-Jar, Reptilax, etc.

And then the little easter egg of the silhouette for Felinor is really cool. I don't want to get carried away about it since it's entirely possible it was just Axel and/or Nate having fun... but remember two years ago the art on the back of the box for Plasmar/Gr'asp/Terroar? That art also picture a certain white ninja that found his way into a future con-exclusive pack. So it would be really cool if this card-back cameo followed suit and ended up as a future con-exclusive release.

Super glad I'll get the chance to pick these up. I'm going to hope there's someone that bought an extra set to army build snake troopers that might be willing to part with a Slamurai so I can have both the ninja and the samurai versions to display.

Thanks depp76 - It gets more and more expensive and I always get annoyed when i give someone 300.00 and they just give me a general time frame. Something BBTS should work on

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I think you will be fine until around September. That is probably when BBTS will start shipping the exclusives...maybe even October.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    So much to love about this. The figures look fantastic to me and look like the Errol McCarthy illustrations burst into technicolor 3-D. The bonus head for Slamurai is a surprise, and had I known about it, I probably would have talked myself into buying a second set. Extra troopers aren't bad, but I really want the ability to display this figure both ways. The bios are cool and I always love the name dropping of other potential characters - Ra-Jar, Reptilax, etc.

And then the little easter egg of the silhouette for Felinor is really cool. I don't want to get carried away about it since it's entirely possible it was just Axel and/or Nate having fun... but remember two years ago the art on the back of the box for Plasmar/Gr'asp/Terroar? That art also picture a certain white ninja that found his way into a future con-exclusive pack. So it would be really cool if this card-back cameo followed suit and ended up as a future con-exclusive release.

Super glad I'll get the chance to pick these up. I'm going to hope there's someone that bought an extra set to army build snake troopers that might be willing to part with a Slamurai so I can have both the ninja and the samurai versions to display.
    On the other hand, Tri-Klops mini comics version manage a cardback cameo before but not able to make it as a figure yet.. so much possibility

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed that Slamurai has the bracers on his arms - I thought he was supposed to have the forearms that have no bracers on them. I think that would've looked better. Also, the cloth piece looks a little more awkward than I was expecting. Aside from those nitpicks, I'm very excited for this set!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Agreed on the arms and also in the cloth. I doubt I'll be using the cloth or rhe extra head. Idk. I'll see when in hand. Still feel the same about the arms though.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Couldn’t get three figures in without getting Matty’d. Wrong forearms used on Slamurai. For the cost of this set, this is very frustrating. I’m usually very capable of rolling with the punches with this stuff but he looks dumb with the bracers. He ends up looking very topheavy.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6f4a89cab8.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b96a95f594.jpg
    I never noticed the arms in the original pic. I just noticed the arms in the video and was like that don't look right and there's other arms that could've been used. Wonder why the change, and who suggested it?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    You forget the feet, they are also the wrong ones, they put those horrible boots.
    What feet should they have used though? There are no ninja booted feet with the toes split in the middle. Seems boots are our only option. Can't be oolars feet, no ninja is scaling the walls barefoot.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    Maybe it’s just me but I think the snake troopers look awful. The heads look like they’re on the wrong figure. I don’t think this is anything to do with the production of the figure. Think it’s just a weird design. Happy that these are exclusives and happy for the people who want them will get them.
    I think they look great. Wish they were normal price cause I would grabbed a few sets.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Hello Felinor from Fuerza T!

Attachment 120628
    Good eye, not familiar with the foreign stuff so no connetion, but I'd buy em. Wonder why he has a power sword though? Did the original come with one?

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I think they look great. Wish they were normal price cause I would grabbed a few sets.

The great thing about this hobby is that there will always be differing opinions and one person’s least wanted is another person’s most wanted. That does make it difficult for the producers when it comes to character selection.

Sorry for you that these are so pricey. I really liked the slime pit He-man but at 90 Euros over here in Europe I simply couldn’t justify it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm not involved in the final packaging, or production of the figures, so I can only speculate on the reasons for changes. It's possible those molds were not available for production. And since we could not do new tooling, they would need to use what parts they can to get as close as possible. This is one of the reasons we make notation on product for pre-sale that the final product may vary.

I'm sure Mattel only made the change out of necessity. I'm confident they would not change it for aesthetic reasons as they want to make fans happy. Still, I apologize to anyone who's a bit annoyed at the changes, and I hope everyone who pre-ordered still enjoys the figures!
    The forearms ain't enough to get me down. I was just looking at it on youtube cause it's not ninja like. But it's fine. I'm more excited to have mattels made figures that to have this set, personally lol. Besides, the rest of my collection will never even notice his forearms. Aside from ninjor, they never even seen a real ninja before, so they won't have a clue.

It just hit me, lol. He's a samurai not ninja so the forearms could make sense since they were armored. He still comes off as a ninja not a samurai. Wonder what the name was supposed to be back then, cause he definitely wasn't intended to be a samurai.

Last edited by unclassified; June 18, 2019 at 08:58am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Nothing doing. My life now has no meaning, I'm selling off my entire collection now as a result.
    If cheap I'll buy em for parts to make customs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Preach, brother.

It's a shame that we never got an Uncle Montork in MOTUC, especially after that Slamurai bio. Also, I hope they don't start shoehorning that Fuerza-T crap into MOTUC. There are too many actual MOTU characters that take priority.
    These would be for powercon exclusives if they did. That spanish line was reused parts. Val stated here on out the con exclusives will be reused parts. Like I stated in another wuote, I'm clueless to that line, but I'll accept them in my collection. They may not be for everyone, and they may be something someone like me would be interested in adding. I'm all for it. All them other characters that you are referring too will be new parts, there's no budget for that for the powercon. Those figures can be made in the main line.

Heroic Warrior
    I am looking at Dree-Elle and Montork, wondering what is with the hate for Super7. I have Quakke, Lodar, a BETTER FilMation He-Man and Skeletor, with movie figures AND Snake Mountain coming.

Stop lol. You ain't gonna fool anyone with your words lol. Like we don't know what we been buying from matty and from s7 and not know the difference. There's a huge difference. We just ain't ignoring the difference like some cheerleaders do.

Now quote that for truth, lol. Cause it's true. There's a handful of people that fail to see the truth and ignore the reality. They just rah rah that s7 carried the torch and all the same stuff over and over lol. It's quite comical. Rah rah rah shish koom bah.

Last edited by unclassified; June 18, 2019 at 08:34am.

Heroic Warrior
    Better filmation he man hahaha. That's great. Cause mine has a crooked stiff neck peg and his head leans to the side. Yup, way better haha.

Heroic Warrior
    The great thing about this hobby is that there will always be differing opinions and one person’s least wanted is another person’s most wanted. That does make it difficult for the producers when it comes to character selection.

Sorry for you that these are so pricey. I really liked the slime pit He-man but at 90 Euros over here in Europe I simply couldn’t justify it.
    I was lucky enough to have a friend in cali that never misses a powercon order me what I wanted. So I saved money but was still to pricey to buy multiples. Believe me, I feel the pain that outside of the us fans have to deal with. You guys are really dedicated. Plus someone told me recently that you guys get paid monthly rather weekly there, that has to be hard to budget money. Getting paid every 2 weeks in the us makes it extremely hard to budget money, I couldn't imagine on a monthly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I was lucky enough to have a friend in cali that never misses a powercon order me what I wanted. So I saved money but was still to pricey to buy multiples. Believe me, I feel the pain that outside of the us fans have to deal with. You guys are really dedicated. Plus someone told me recently that you guys get paid monthly rather weekly there, that has to be hard to budget money. Getting paid every 2 weeks in the us makes it extremely hard to budget money, I couldn't imagine on a monthly basis.

Yeah I’m so used to getting paid monthly I would hate to get paid at a different frequency. I do think with the social security system over here it’s much easier to budget plus you don’t have to be scared of going bankrupt if you lose your job.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I’m so used to getting paid monthly I would hate to get paid at a different frequency. I do think with the social security system over here it’s much easier to budget plus you don’t have to be scared of going bankrupt if you lose your job.
    Yeah, I'm sure if it was that way here I wouldn't think twice, it'd be natural to me. I had a job once that paid every 2 weeks and man was it rough.