Thread: Understanding the DC MOTU continuity.

Understanding the DC MOTU continuity.

At the end of the eternity war Man at arms is dead. Sorceress is dead, Adam and teela married, Marlena was cursed to remain on earth never to return, Randor (I think) was dead.

Next came the thundercats comic and suddenly Adam and teela are not married and they are all alive. Plus Marlena is no longer cursed to be on earth as in the DC crossover.
    Fair enough I assume thundercats is set before all the earlier DC stuff before the build up to the eternity war.

This is all fine until Injustice where Batman knows all about He man. Presumably from Dc universe v motu. Which is part of the build up to eternity war. Certainly in DC v motu, the eternians all appear to be strangers to batman at al. Plus the superman continuity would put Injustice firmly after.

Before I completely disregard Injustice from my collection is anyone able to explain the continuity?

What us the running order with the key moments?

I think it was mentioned that each are standalone stories, somewhere, as I also had similar questions when the Thundercats crossover was released. So, you almost have to pretend that each has nothing to do with each other.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Trap-Jaw- View Post
    At the end of the eternity war Man at arms is dead. Sorceress is dead, Adam and teela married, Marlena was cursed to remain on earth never to return, Randor (I think) was dead.

Next came the thundercats comic and suddenly Adam and teela are not married and they are all alive. Plus Marlena is no longer cursed to be on earth as in the DC crossover.
    Fair enough I assume thundercats is set before all the earlier DC stuff before the build up to the eternity war.

This is all fine until Injustice where Batman knows all about He man. Presumably from Dc universe v motu. Which is part of the build up to eternity war. Certainly in DC v motu, the eternians all appear to be strangers to batman at al. Plus the superman continuity would put Injustice firmly after.

Before I completely disregard Injustice from my collection is anyone able to explain the continuity?

What us the running order with the key moments?
    I think eternity war and justice league vs motu are connected, like in itsSowb reality...but the He-Man v Thundercats and injustice v motu are in one storyline/ reality in which motu is based in classics...batman (i.e. damian wayne) knows He-Man because they are seaching the multiverse thru swamp thing connection to the green and zatanna's magic.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

MOTU Injustice is definitely in it's own continuity, along with the games and the other DC Injustice books. Injustice is its own continuity apart from the mainstream DC Universe.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I think eternity war and justice league vs motu are connected
    Oh... that's right! I totally forgot these. These two are definitely connected... Eternity War breaks off part way to go into JL vs. MOTU, and then it finishes up in Eternity War.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2012-2016) is one canon. That includes the origin one-shots, DC VS MOTU crossover as they all have those costume designs of the time and is set before the storyarc of Subternia, and all ending with Eternity War storyarc.

I mentioned some info in the Eternity War comic blog (that is outdated now).
    One key element at the time was that MOTU is not part of "new52" for example. So no need to understand any of that to comprehend the DC MOTU canon.

He-Man vs Thundercats crossover followed Eternity War yes, BUT it has characters in more vintage costumes (many classics line inspired though) so its not connected to Eternity War at all. For in the 2012-2016 He-Man and MOTU/Eternity War comic canon, they never had the traditional costumes to begin with. So its an very easy giveaway that it has nothing to do with Eternity War or issues prior.
    The Injustice vs MOTU is connected to Thundercats crossover and references events from it. So those two crossover events are their own thing currently, if you will.
    Last edited by Jukka; June 18, 2019 at 03:32pm.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

It's not perfect , but I like to imagine the thundercats crossover and the injustice crossover as a sequel to the 200x comics (my favourites ),set maybe 3 years later ? Then I follow that up with the DC megaseries , with any continuity errors explained by the butterfly effect of skeletor nabbing sir laserlot from his place in history , and orko messing with reality in his digital comic it's not perfect but it works for me

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk