Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Exclusive She-Ra and Shadow Weaver 2-Pack from Mattel

SDCC Exclusive She-Ra and Shadow Weaver 2-Pack from Mattel

Mattel just showed their San Diego Comic Con exclusive two-pack from She-Ra and the Princesses of Power!

As of now, they will only be available at the show. They can be pre-ordered by attendees!
    Click here to pre-order if you are a SDCC attendee at Mattel's online shop.

A product features description on Mattel's website reads:

She-Ra And The Princesses of Power She-Ra™ Vs. Shadow Weaver™ 2-Pack

Celebrate the return of warrior princess, She-Ra™ in She-Ra and the Princesses of Power with this collectible two-pack that pits good against evil, featuring She-Ra and Shadow Weaver™ dolls with highly detailed, true-to-character designs. She-Ra doll features an armor-clad look including her signature white jumpsuit, a holographic skirt, long red cape and full battle armor. Shimmery accents weave through her extra-long, blonde hair underneath her iconic winged tiara. Carrying her Sword of Protection accessory, She-Ra is ready to defend her home planet, Etheria, from The Evil Horde and her nemesis, Shadow Weaver! Prepared to cast darkness on all who cross her, this Shadow Weaver doll “floats” when displayed and carries a glittery Shadow Power accessory. Dressed in her classic burgundy robe, Shadow Weaver doll features a highly detailed mask and long, flowing black hair. Each doll in this collectible hero and villain duo features premium fabrics and authentic details, as well as 11 points of articulation for action-packed posing abilities. Specially designed packaging sets the scene in front of Bright Moon Castle and allows collectors to display the dolls side-by-side, making this two-pack the perfect gift for fans of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.

* Purchase limits may apply, and amounts may differ per item and per customer. Pre-sale order shipping available in all locations serviced by the Mattel Shop. Orders made by the same customer in excess of the limit will not be honored. Discounts, offers, and promotions cannot be applied to San Diego Comic-Con items.

Attendee must confirm pre-sale purchase by checking in at the Mattel booth (#2945) at the 2019 San Diego Comic-Con: San Diego Convention Center, 111 Harbor Dr., San Diego, CA 92101, July 17 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM, July 18–20 from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM, or July 21 from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Attendee must show their 2019 San Diego Comic-Con badge, their ID, and order confirmation. The name on the SDCC attendee badge and ID must match the name on the order. Order will be shipped after the event ends.

Darren Sander posted this on his Instagram.

For the Honor of Grayskull!!! The She-Ra and the Princesses of Power SDCC exclusive has been revealed!! It was so amazing getting to design the dolls and packaging for this one as I love the show! If you are attending SDCC, you can pre-order the set from mattelshop.com!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/By0CJSppOHA/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

So awesome! Pre-ordered mine along with the motu stuff!

So excited for this!!! Hopefully this means we will see the full line unveiled at SDCC!!

So excited for new She-Ra toys!!!!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

I want this two pack but since I ain't going to SDCC I'll have to wait and see if I can get lucky.
    Just cause your taller, don't pick on those smaller. Says Popeye the Sailor Man. toot toot

WOWZERS! They look freaking amazing!

I'm not a She-Ra fan, but I am really happy to see these being offered. I'm sure there are lots of folks who want them, so it's great for them!
    Odd Man Out

Mattel just posted about this on their social media pages.

Celebrate the return of @DreamWorksSheRa with She-Ra vs. Shadow Weaver doll set! Dressed true to character, this Convention exclusive makes the perfect gift for fans of the princess of power. #SDCC2019 #MattelSDCC #SheRa
    Twitter

Instagram

Facebook

Dang it... more SDCC stuff to want...

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webstor81 View Post
    I want this two pack but since I ain't going to SDCC I'll have to wait and see if I can get lucky.
    Well, I don't see how that's going to help!

Well, the box is nice.
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

These are so dang cute!
    I hope this is indicative of a whole new line of these style toys!

Court Magician
    So good! I'm sad that they're only available at the con, but they make me hopeful for a full line down the road.

I know these're going the same hybrid action figure/doll route as the vintage She-Ra toys, which is really nice, but I feel Shadow Weaver's hair would benefit from being plastic - or rooted hair around a plastic centre - to give it that must-have floaty look that's so in this season.
    "Showtunes and booze, kids - that's what keeps me happy."

Heroic Warrior
    I look forward to seeing the retail line version of these action dolls.

Are they 12" (i.e. Barbie doll size) or have they gone with some other scale?

Really awesome looking set! I'll try & find it...somehow.

I have to admit the She-Ra figure is adorable and may pick it up for my kid. Too bad She-Ra doesn't look this good in the new toon...

That packaging is all kinds of sweet!

And, I'm really diggin' that Shadow Weaver figure!

I actually think that a whole line of Dreamworks figures in this style would be incredible!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Wouldn't mind that Shadow Weaver, though I wish they included something to let her hair stand up.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

mattelsculpting For the honor of Grayskull!

Behind the scenes look at the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive She-Ra vs. Shadow Weaver doll set. Doll bodies, heads, and accessories were sculpted by our talented in-house sculpting team (@arpik, @kittaya_papaya, Adam DeFelice, Sean Olmos).
    Pictures at the link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By23jk8FDWF/

People from the show on Twitter seem to be happy about Shadow Weaver. They haven't said much about She-Ra. She definitely looks different from her cartoon character in the face.

Heroic Warrior
    OMG finally. If this is the kick off to a full line--which Brandon seemed to hint at last year--then this is pretty much exactly what I was advocating for. Action doll line, this is the way to do a proper She-Ra toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I look forward to seeing the retail line version of these action dolls.

Are they 12" (i.e. Barbie doll size) or have they gone with some other scale?
    It looks like they are using the DC Super Hero Girls bodies, so yeah 12". This was a no-brainer for the She-Ra line, those bodies are robust and have good articulation (even a torso ball joint).

This looks like a very promising start. When these hit retail, I'll definitely pick them up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I actually think that a whole line of Dreamworks figures in this style would be incredible!!
    I don't want to get too presumptuous but I'm definitely thinking that this is just the debut of a full line which Brandon Sopinski seemed to be alluding to in that interview with Pixel Dan last year (or was it 2017? I've been away awhile...)

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    I don't want to get too presumptuous but I'm definitely thinking that this is just the debut of a full line which Brandon Sopinski seemed to be alluding to in that interview with Pixel Dan last year (or was it 2017? I've been away awhile...)

TIMELINE - Here's what is known about She-Ra and the Princesses of Power toys so far -

JULY 19, 2018
    SAN DIEGO COMIC CON

Pixel Dan's walkthrough video. Brandon Sopinsky from Mattel talks about what they have planned for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.
    @5:10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRZzimC7tKU
    --------------------
    AUGUST 26, 2018
    POWER-CON 2018 - MATTEL'S MASTERY OF MOTU PANEL

Brandon Sopinsky from Mattel talks more about the She-Ra and the Princesses of Power product line. Brandon says he has a different team working on the product for that. It's more of the girls design team. One of the designers is floating around the convention. From what he has seen, Brandon thinks the product is pretty amazing. SPOP will be a mass retail line.
    @5:00 - 5:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU-5cs2T_eY
    --------------------
    OCTOBER 8, 2018
    NEW YORK COMIC CON

Brian Flynn from Super7 re-confirms what Brandon Sopinsky from Mattel said back in July at San Diego Comic Con. - Mattel will be making their own line of She-Ra toys. Super7 doesn't have the license and won't be making any additional figures from the new animated series. Netflix/DreamWorks wanted to have a figure ready in time for the premiere, so they approached Super7 and told them they had permission if they wanted to make the limited edition She-Ra and Catra figures for NYCC.
    @10:35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulxovrHPVsE
    --------------------
    FEBRUARY 18, 2019
    NEW YORK TOY FAIR

Pixel Dan is told that toys will be coming in the Fall.
    --------------------
    MAY 6, 2019
    EACH SOLD SEPARATELY: COLLECT THEM ALL PODCAST

Brief comment from Brian Flynn. He knows Mattel is working on product for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.
    --------------------
    JUNE 17, 2019
    MATTEL'S WEBSITE

San Diego Comic-Con She-Ra vs Shadow Weaver appears on Mattel's website.
    --------------------

***TRADEMARKS***
    Note: The difference between these trademarks and the ones during the Masters of the Universe Classics era, is that the "goods & services" section now includes "Dolls", "Doll Clothing" and "Doll Accessories" in the descriptions. Glorybird is notable for two reasons. 1) "Glorybird" appears as one word. (Like in the Bio on the Star Sisters 3-pack.) In the past, his trademark was filed as "Glory Bird." 2) Mattel didn't file a trademark application for him during the Classics era.
    Some of these trademarks may also be for the "heritage-based" products that Brandon mentioned in Pixel Dan's walkthrough video.
    --------------------
    OCTOBER 22, 2018
    SHE-RA trademark application filed.
    GLIMMER trademark application filed.
    BOW trademark application filed.
    CATRA trademark application filed.
    --------------------
    DECEMBER 4, 2018
    GRAYSKULL trademark application filed.
    NETOSSA trademark application filed.
    FROSTA trademark application filed.
    BUBBLE POWER trademark application filed.
    TALLSTAR trademark application filed.
    STARLA trademark application filed.
    JEWELSTAR trademark application filed.
    MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN THE UNIVERSE trademark application filed.
    SWEET BEE trademark application filed.
    --------------------
    DECEMBER 18, 2018
    SHADOW WEAVER trademark application filed.
    --------------------
    JANUARY 29, 2019
    GLORYBIRD trademark application filed.
    --------------------
    APRIL 30, 2019
    Entertainment-based SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER trademark filed by Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow Tallstar thanks for that rundown. I have definitely missed a lot, I guess I've been away from the Org longer than I thought. Anyway, I'm just reeling (and very joyous) now that I've become aware, in a single day, of TWO new MOTU/POP mass retail lines coming our way. I'm so thrilled for the brand. What an amazing week for MOTU/POP.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    This would be amazing!

The style really reminds me of the aforementioned DC SuperHero Girls and the Monster High figures...

Mattel has a lot of experience with these lines, so a new She-Ra line should be a no-brainer.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Do we know what scale these figures are? I'm really tempted in getting a set from ebay...
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

They are 12" dolls/figures.