Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SDCC Exclusive She-Ra and Shadow Weaver 2-Pack from Mattel

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    They are 12" dolls/figures.
    What! From where is this information?

They are to tall for me Of course i would buy some at retail! But not a whole collection. They need to much space! Also they look so cute and would benefit from beeing something like 9 or 10inch IMO

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    What! From where is this information?
    Mattel's Instagram page.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Mattel's Instagram page.

http://i64.tinypic.com/25tiz5e.jpg
    I'm surprised by this... In my mind, I was putting them in the same scale as the Monster High collection.

I think a smaller scale would work better, but I'm still all about these!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm surprised by this... In my mind, I was putting them in the same scale as the Monster High collection.

I think a smaller scale would work better, but I'm still all about these!
    Yeah I wish they were a bit smaller too. I think Monster High are about 10" (and much thinner), while the SDCC 2016 She-Ra doll is 11", which is getting a bit too big IMO if you intend to collect a line. But I suppose, Mattel already had the 12" DC Super Hero Girls buck ready to reuse and I must admit it's a perfect fit stylistically for a She-Ra line, as I've said before. Perhaps there will also be a 6" action figure line, as there is with DC SHGs.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Thanks for confirming the scale. I'm out.
    If they were 7" figures I may have gotten them.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    I hope many of the other figures are a bit shorter.

Glimmer and Bow are not so tall like She-ra. Glimmer isn't so thin like Adora. She would be massive as a 12inch figure...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Thanks for confirming the scale. I'm out.
    If they were 7" figures I may have gotten them.
    I'm hoping that we'll see approximately 6" action figures as well as these dolls. Mattel made both 6" figures and 12" action dolls for DC Superhero Girls (the first version).

Having typed that, to the best of my knowledge, Mattel have only shown 12" action dolls for the rebooted DC Superhero Girls, so maybe the 6" action figures didn't sell?

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I'm hoping that we'll see approximately 6" action figures as well as these dolls. Mattel made both 6" figures and 12" action dolls for DC Superhero Girls (the first version).

Having typed that, to the best of my knowledge, Mattel have only shown 12" action dolls for the rebooted DC Superhero Girls, so maybe the 6" action figures didn't sell?
    Sadly they did not. However that was Mattel's fault as they only released newer figures in either sdcc sets or 5 packs where you got 3 you already had. I hope they do release she-ra in 6 in and learned their lesson! (though I doubt it!)

New teaser pic!

mattel: With her shapeshifting sword in hand, there's nothing the Princess of Power can't handle! A surprise from Etheria is coming to San Diego @Comic_Con. Follow #SheraXMattel for updates!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzGFbDwgXKh/

Just saw it! So exciting

Heroic Warrior
    Ah ok, so looks like Adora will be among the non-exclusive dolls on display, like a wave 1 I'm assuming. Wow SDCC can't get here soon enough. Very exciting. I hope these are a hit.

From SDCC Unofficial Blog -

"SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON PANEL, SIGNING, MORE"

Dreamwork’s She-Ra and the Princesses of Power have revealed their exciting plans for San Diego Comic-Con, including a panel, a signing, promises of a meet-up, and more.

Hosted by Entertainment Weekly’s Patrick Gomez, the panel will be on Friday, July 18 from 10:15AM-11:15AM in Room 6BCF. Gomez will be joined by Executive Producer Noelle Stevenson, as well as voice of She-Ra Aimee Carrero, voice of Glimmer Karen Fukuhara, voice of Bow Marcus Scribner and voice of Scorpia Lauren Ash.

Also on Friday, July 18, there will be a She-Ra and the Princesses of Power signing at the Mattel booth #3029 from 12PM-1PM with Stevenson and the voice cast. You can also stop by the Mattel booth all week long for fun activities, including an interactive She-Ra photo-op. You’ll also be able to scope the full 2019 She-Ra doll line, and collect giveaways including crowns, swords, pins, posters, and more. If you snag the SDCC exclusive She-Ra vs. Shadow Weaver doll set at the con, you’ll also get a free poster from Scholastic.

A cosplay meet-up is also in the planning stages, we will update with that information as it becomes available.
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 26, 2019 at 04:03pm.

From SDCC Unofficial Blog -
    Oh boy! Wish I lived in the USA and close to San Diego

I really hope that the Starla, Jewelstar, Tallstar & Glorybird trademarked names will be for a "vintage style" toyline continuity as they were planned to be back to 87.

Can we see them in the new She-Ra Tv Show? or they do not appear?
    Sorry to ask, I stopped watching after the second episode lol

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Can we see them in the new She-Ra Tv Show? or they do not appear?
    Sorry to ask, I stopped watching after the second episode lol
    Adora references "The Star Sisters" in the episode called "Princess Prom". Starla, Tallstar and Jewelstar are shown as background characters at the prom. They are also appear on a mural.

Thanks Tallstar

More pics here.

--------------------

From Darren's Instagram page -

Look who is starting to make an appearance at Target! Check out the original post for pics of the rest of the line! Squee! I designed She-Ra and the packaging (artwork came from Dreamworks, layout and Blister design by me!) the other. Dolls were done by @the_ageofa !

Question: The one that comes with shadow weaver is barbie size?

Darren (vitamin_d_81): yes! She-Ra has a similar body to the WWE dolls. Her torso is updated though with a smaller chest, plus she has new hands and new lower legs with less arched feet.

Question: She looks so freaking cute!! Is it me or she slightly different than the SDCC version? Her capes looks shorter and some fabrics look different maybe? Still gorgeous though, love her!!!

Darren (vitamin_d_81): yes, the two she-ra’s are different! the one with Shadow Weaver has 20” of hair with shimmer shine, a super long double sided foil cape, her outfit is made of a white pleather with ribbon detail on the shorts, her sword has glitter in it, and she has an extra paint application on her boots!

CORRECTION - Darren (vitamin_d_81): i meant 10” of hair, lol
    Last edited by Tallstar; Yesterday at 06:30am.

Last edited by Tallstar; Yesterday at 05:54pm.