Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Mattel or Super7 could make if Classics come to an end...

Weve got like $1500 in preordered classics and cg figures that ain't arrived yet... I'm alright if we dont get asked to shell out more money up front for some stuff until toyfair next year. Brian hasnt said they lost the license yet it seems like they are just taking a break for a while, while mattel sorts the stuff out with the movie. I'll hold off on the doom and gloom for now... and even if the line ends... we got snake mountian!

*shrugs*
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    The only thing known for sure was that Super7 had no MOTUC SDCC exclusive this year. We won't know until SDCC whats going on for sure. I'm sure we will see packaged figures of Club Geayskull wave 4 and the William stout Collection. As for what Surprises Super7 may have we just have to wait and see. Pixel Dan will interview Brian and at that point we should know whats going on between Mattel and Super7.
    If I was sure you were right I would be the happiest man in the universe !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

The only thing known for sure was that Super7 had no MOTUC SDCC exclusive this year. We won't know until SDCC whats going on for sure. I'm sure we will see packaged figures of Club Geayskull wave 4 and the William stout Collection. As for what Surprises Super7 may have we just have to wait and see. Pixel Dan will interview Brian and at that point we should know whats going on between Mattel and Super7.
    I hope we get some definitive answers from Super7 at SDCC, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel kind of banned Super7 from showing anything MOTU-related at SDCC, so that Mattel could take center-stage for the property. They may not like it if Super7 showed off another CG or CC wave, or even packaged samples of things we've already pre-ordered, and those things overshadowed what Mattel wanted to show. Probably part of the reason why Super7 isn't doing a Skeletor's Lair this year either.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    If I was sure you were right I would be the happiest man in the universe !
    What I mean is I expect to see Packaged samples of Club grayskull wave 4 and William stout collection. In Brian's latest Super cast he shows the figures in plastic but not Final the colors were mixed. That super cast video may have been filmed three weeks to a month ago and Brian said there would be a super cast 17 by SDCC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I hope we get some definitive answers from Super7 at SDCC, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel kind of banned Super7 from showing anything MOTU-related at SDCC, so that Mattel could take center-stage for the property. They may not like it if Super7 showed off another CG or CC wave, or even packaged samples of things we've already pre-ordered, and those things overshadowed what Mattel wanted to show. Probably part of the reason why Super7 isn't doing a Skeletor's Lair this year either.
    I politely disagree on the Mattel not wanting Super7 to show of final package factory samples of figures Mattel already knows Super7 manufactured. The customers who ordered these have a right to see them bet they ship out. So I expect to see at least the carded factory samples at Super7’s booth.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

What I mean is I expect to see Packaged samples of Club grayskull wave 4 and William stout collection. In Brian's latest Super cast he shows the figures in plastic but not Final the colors were mixed. That super cast video may have been filmed three weeks to a month ago and Brian said there would be a super cast 17 by SDCC.

- - - Updated - - -

I politely disagree on the Mattel not wanting Super7 to show of final package factory samples of figures Mattel already knows Super7 manufactured. The customers who ordered these have a right to see them bet they ship out. So I expect to see at least the carded factory samples at Super7ís booth.
    Sure, they have a right to see them. Doesn't mean SDCC will be the place where they'll see them. Like many other speculative notions being thrown around in this thread, we'll find out in a few weeks who is and isn't correct.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Sure, they have a right to see them. Doesn't mean SDCC will be the place where they'll see them. Like many other speculative notions being thrown around in this thread, we'll find out in a few weeks who is and isn't correct.

In pixel Dan’s toy fair walk through with Brian he said Club Grayskull wave 4 and William Stout collection were shipping out to customers in June or July so this is why I feel they will at least have final product packaged factory samples in there case along with the conan figure.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

In pixel Dan’s toy fair walk through with Brian he said Club Grayskull wave 4 and William Stout collection were shipping out to customers in June or July so this is why I feel they will at least have final product packaged factory samples in there case along with the conan figure.
    That is a weird decision from Mattel because Super7 is supposed to have license until January 2020.
    I really hope Mattel will change their mind and we will be able to see CG wave 5 and another wave of William Stout figures...

Heroic Warrior
    That is a weird decision from Mattel because Super7 is supposed to have license until January 2020.
    I really hope Mattel will change their mind and we will be able to see CG wave 5 and another wave of William Stout figures...
    They never really had a full license as near as I can tell. They had rights to make anything Mattel didnít want to make with Mattelís permission.

If Mattel wants to make more stuff, thereís going to be less S7 can make.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    Weve got like $1500 in preordered classics and cg figures that ain't arrived yet... I'm alright if we dont get asked to shell out more money up front for some stuff until toyfair next year.
    lol that's so true

why CG wave 4 so late being shipped?
    I guess it's PC exclusives in august, CC William Stout in november and that's it for this year
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

You know, the info about Mad Duck Posters having to release all of their remaining pieces in the next couple of weeks, and then stopping all sales of MOTU art on their site by August, is starting to make me agree a bit with the doom-sayers.
    I hope that Super7's agreement with Mattel/Universal is more special/unique, and they will still be allowed to release things that other licensees will be prohibited from releasing.

Otherwise, it appears that MOTU Origins, Mega Construx, and whatever line Mattel releases for She-Ra may be the only things we see in 2020. I know that's still a lot, but no Classics would be such a bummer. Might help me catch up on rebuilding my vintage collections, though.

You know, the info about Mad Duck Posters having to release all of their remaining pieces in the next couple of weeks, and then stopping all sales of MOTU art on their site by August, is starting to make me agree a bit with the doom-sayers.
    I hope that Super7's agreement with Mattel/Universal is more special/unique, and they will still be allowed to release things that other licensees will be prohibited from releasing.

Otherwise, it appears that MOTU Origins, Mega Construx, and whatever line Mattel releases for She-Ra may be the only things we see in 2020. I know that's still a lot, but no Classics would be such a bummer. Might help me catch up on rebuilding my vintage collections, though.

Yea unfortunately.
    And Tweeterhead/Sideshow lost the license as well, and the Statues line is dead, that is what Chad said in one of his last interview.
    He will show Hordak and maybe teela at powercon because he was working on them after Orko but the line will not continue.

I guess we will find out at sdcc
    Can't stand imagining classics end...

Apparently super7 should have made King Miro ( I guess 200X one ) Hunga Skeleteen and Lady Slither and that should have come with the William Stout first 4 figures in the CC sub.
    I guess they gave up with that when Mattel contacted them...

I really hope we still have a chance Mattel can change its mind about that.

I absolutely do not understand why they think that could prevent Movie figures or Origins figures sales.

A parallel collector's toyline that has been lasting for 11 years is a good advertisment

Maybe they will just keep making Club Grayskull "Filmation" figures...they are the best sellers...

I think all will be cleared up in two weeks at SDCC...and we will have answers, good or bad.

Where is the info regarding Mad Duck Posters from? Didn't find any source for that.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

If Classics 7 inch comes to an end, then I am guessing Mattel or Super 7 would not be producing any additional deluxe figures in this scale. When "Classics" are truly over, that means everything is done in this scale.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    If Classics 7 inch comes to an end, then I am guessing Mattel or Super 7 would not be producing any additional deluxe figures in this scale. When "Classics" are truly over, that means everything is done in this scale.
    I dunno. Brian seemed confident theyíll make MOTU stuff again.

And the Horsemen said the MOTUC buck is going to see plenty of use.

I do think we can expect fewer figures ahead than behind at 7 inch scale.

But compare MOTUC to basically any non-Avengers or non-Transformers toy property.

Batman is seen as a toy headliner and heíll never have the depth of roster in a toyline that MOTUC got.

Really, no single property aside from Transformers or G.I.Joe will.

Itís INSANE that MOST of these figures got made.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I dunno. Brian seemed confident theyíll make MOTU stuff again.

And the Horsemen said the MOTUC buck is going to see plenty of use.

I do think we can expect fewer figures ahead than behind at 7 inch scale.

But compare MOTUC to basically any non-Avengers or non-Transformers toy property.

Batman is seen as a toy headliner and heíll never have the depth of roster in a toyline that MOTUC got.

Really, no single property aside from Transformers or G.I.Joe will.

Itís INSANE that MOST of these figures got made.
    WWE has had a lot of characters made especially some odd ones I never thought they make figures of. Not counting outfit variants I would say they have a bigger roster than MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    WWE has had a lot of characters made especially some odd ones I never thought they make figures of. Not counting outfit variants I would say they have a bigger roster than MOTUC.
    Fair.

But WWE is kind of like DC and Marvel in that they have tons of different sub-brands.

You have people who are JUST fans of Divas or just individual wrestlers. You have people who are JUST Wonder Woman fans. Even with G.I.Joe you have some strong lines between types of fans, whether they like police and firefighters being included or robot Cobra troopers.

Transformers is basically just Autobot, Decepticon, earth vehicle, Cybertronian vehicle, era, gimmick. But itís not like it breaks down cleanly.

He-Man doesnít REALLY have sublines. You have Snakemen and Horde and PoP and PoG and NA and some people just into those things and some people not into those things. But PoP is classically a different kind of toy and mostly expanding on MOTU in MOTUC. Thereís not really a segment of He-Man fandom of any size whoís like, ďI donít care about He-Man, Skeletor, or Grayskull.Ē Even the staunchest NA only fan would probably get excited if they were doing NA Battlecat and I donít think anyone but the purest of purists would be furious if some NA characters cameoed in a bar on Eternia in the new movie. I feel like MOTU is more like, ďWhich part do you like the most?Ē aside from Filmation haters.

And thatís crazy. Because itís not like thereís a totally remote five or six brands that have nothing to do with one another. Thatís part of the strength of a line like Transformers. That they probably donít have two million fans of any one type but they have twenty million fans of different types and they can make a sweet spot product that manages to appeal to different fandoms.

But with MOTU, thereís kind of a central style. Conan meets Flash Gordon. And you buy that or you donít. So itís insane to have a line like that with so much passion that single appearance characters get toys and folks want toys of characters who never appeared anywhere.

MOTUC has done wonders relying on fans who are basically fans of everything MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Where is the info regarding Mad Duck Posters from? Didn't find any source for that.
    All,

If you are receiving this email, then you have purchased a He-man poster from Mad Duck at some point. You have not been added to any type of new mailing list, this is a one-off communication.

First things first. I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting our MOTU poster series! It was a blast to work on this property, and it brought a lot of enjoyment to me as a life long MOTU fan!

Here is some key information that folks will want to know as we begin to wrap up our time with the brand.

Subscribers - there will be no change for any of you. All subs and/or payment plans will be finished as scheduled.
    Next week, or early July, I plan to release up to 30 new MOTU posters, both vintage and new art.
    This is a HUGE amount to drop at one time, and needs to happen in order to bring the product to market by a necessary deadline date.
    There will not be a fire sale on MOTU posters.
    Once all of the posters are revealed and released, I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to select what you want to buy and take advantage of our payment plans. We do not charge any interest with these and financial information is held with a third party to actually charge for the plan. Anyone that chooses a payment plan for 4 or more posters will receive 10% off the total owed.
    I am expecting to pull all MOTU product off the site this Summer, August at the latest with Mid to late July also being possible.
    Once all art is revealed, I will send a separate email to subscribers to make sure they understand which art is included as part of their sub, and what is not.
    2019 will be the end of Mad Duck selling any MOTU product, with late June/early July being the end of us releasing any new MOTU product.

What's left to come? Feature collection by Carlos Valenzela. Feature collection by Reyad Yousri. William George, More Earl Norem, and a newly colored piece of amazing vintage art by Errol McCarthy! New art from Rob Ayotte, Rhys Cooper, Chris Koehler, Paul Ainsworth and others!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions. Again, I strongly encourage the payment plans because of the quantity coming to market at one time and the limited window that exists to purchase.

Stay tuned for more details via the Mad Duck Newsletter and Blog!

Thanks,

Brad
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Ah, it was a mail at all purchasers and subscribers of MotU products at Mad Duck. Thanks for the posting!
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Ah, it was a mail at all purchasers and subscribers of MotU products at Mad Duck. Thanks for the posting!
    Sorry, meant to get back to you on that, but someone beat me to it with the actual email language.

It does not bode particularly well for other licensees like Mondo, Loyal Subjects, Sideshow either. I am still holding out hope that Super7 is in a special class of its own and is allowed to still produce MOTU things while those other companies will not. Given that they kept the brand going when Mattel abandoned it, seems like they should be given some special rights.

Well, according to Penny from the latest 'Each Sold Separately' podcast, there are ideas to keep Classics going in various capacities. What that means is anyone's guess, but she also noted that there are people who can make things happen 'happen', it's all contingent on what Mattel wants to do. As she said, there is no way a niche line for the hardcore collectors can be a threat in offering characters like Lady Slither, King Miro, etc. in comparison to this new line that will likely offer the proverbial heavy hitters. Also, Brian (bcrduke) makes an interesting point in that if it wasn't for the fans keeping the brand alive with Classics, he isn't so sure this new line from Mattel would even exist.

So keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best .

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Well, according to Penny from the latest 'Each Sold Separately' podcast, there are ideas to keep Classics going in various capacities. What that means is anyone's guess, but she also noted that there are people who can make things happen 'happen', it's all contingent on what Mattel wants to do. As she said, there is no way a niche line for the hardcore collectors can be a threat in offering characters like Lady Slither, King Miro, etc. in comparison to this new line that will likely offer the proverbial heavy hitters. Also, Brian (bcrduke) makes an interesting point in that if it wasn't for the fans keeping the brand alive with Classics, he isn't so sure this new line from Mattel would even exist.

So keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best .
    I hope you the best like you.

I have been knowing since January something is wrong and donw the road I got many confirmations about that.
    However I haven't posted on org and have just started to do it lately because I did not want to stress anyone and super7 having big problems with cancellations sales since they invested so much money into Motu, especially for Snake Mountain.
    Meanwhile I have been trying to email tons of persons, Mattel and Super7 as well, of course I did not get any reply.
    Also I contacted the Motu community "bosses" like bcrduke, Val, James etc... But of course they could not tell me the true infos, they are very professional and do care about Super7 as well since Brian is such a cool guy.
    I really hope they could influence a bit more people who worked at Mattel and explained them they are doing a mistake here.

And I did send them the exact same ideas Danielle and Brian said in the last podcast.
    Our tiny collectors line cannot affect their mass retail sales and Motu license is still alive because of US : nerds, geeks and collectors.
    And because of Super7 that saved the line 3 years ago.

That would be such an odd move from Mattel to let us with an incomplete toyline that has been lasting for 11 years and do not let super7 keeping making them.
    Maybe there are some informations I do not get, and I am sure there are, but if the line is really dead, that will such a huge disapointment.

That is why I posted a question in Q&A to ask super7 if they would want all of their motu customers to sign a petition to ask if Mattel could let them making Classics.
    Maybe that is totally useless but I cannot remain passive and accept our sad fate.

This line is bringing joy in my hard life, helping me to keep the young boy alive inside of me and not becoming such an embiterred adult with only tons of responsabilities and problems.

Hope things can change
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; June 26, 2019 at 04:39am.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope you the best like you.

I have been knowing since January something is wrong and donw the road I got many confirmations about that.
    However I haven't posted on org and have just started to do it lately because I did not want to stress anyone and super7 having big problems with cancellations sales since they invested so much money into Motu, especially for Snake Mountain.
    Meanwhile I have been trying to email tons of persons, Mattel and Super7 as well, of course I did not get any reply.
    Also I contacted the Motu community "bosses" like bcrduke, Val, James etc... But of course they could not tell me the true infos, they are very professional and do care about Super7 as well since Brian is such a cool guy.
    I really hope they could influence a bit more people who worked at Mattel and explained them they are doing a mistake here.

And I did send them the exact same ideas Danielle and Brian said in the last podcast.
    Our tiny collectors line cannot affect their mass retail sales and Motu license is still alive because of US : nerds, geeks and collectors.
    And because of Super7 that saved the line 3 years ago.

That would be such an odd move from Mattel to let us with an incomplete toyline that has been lasting for 11 years and do not let super7 keeping making them.
    Maybe there are some informations I do not get, and I am sure there are, but if the line is really dead, that will such a huge disapointment.

That is why I posted a question in Q&A to ask super7 if they would want all of their motu customers to sign a petition to ask if Mattel could let them making Classics.
    Maybe that is totally useless but I cannot remain passive and accept our sad fate.

This line is bringing joy in my hard life, helping me to keep the young boy alive inside of me and not becoming such an embiterred adult with only tons of responsabilities and problems.

Hope things can change
    Iím pretty sure Super7 would rather people be passive than sign petitions or express anger at Mattel.

Doing that is a pretty likely way to guarantee Super7 doesnít get to make more figures 2 years down the road if Super7 encouraged that at all.

And Mattel might produce some Classics.

The idea that Classics is incomplete is a bit fanatical. Itís probably the most complete toyline ever produced outside of G.I.Joe or Transformers. There are maybe 25 more figures worth producing and some variants and reissues before you start needing lots of new characters.

Nobody should be mad at Mattel for taking a break three years ago. Toy brands donít die just because they take a break. It isnít a betrayal. Itís great for collectors that Super7 stepped in but a lot of the viewpoints I see here feel distorted.

If folks approach Mattel like this, theyíll get understanding for awhile but human patience has limits.

If Mattel were to say, ďWe might make a few Classics figuresĒ and somebody responds, ďNo. I wonít buy anything made by Mattel. Only Super7!Ē then the only thing you can expect from Mattel is for them to have a strategy meeting where they decide it was mistake to ever license to Super7 to begin with.