Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Mattel or Super7 could make if Classics come to an end...

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar

What Mattel or Super7 could make if Classics come to an end...

Hey guys,

As many here, I wish that was not the end of the road for our Classics.
    This line we have been all collecting for 11 years now is one of the greatest and longest toyline ever made.

Lots of things happened from January, all of us know now Super7 has lost Motu license, at least for Classics and Neo vintage, since Mattel is apparently taking back all his Motu licenses for the upcoming movie in 2021.

We do not exactly know what will happen with Classics : Will Mattel making them again ? Is it just a 2 years break for the movie ? Will Super7 that saved Classics 3 years ago ( and thanks so much for this ! ) be able to make Motucs then ?

The last surprise was the he-man prince adam 2-pack exclusive from Mattel at SDCC and the fact that the Powercon exclusives are made by Mattel as well.
    Is it possible for Mattel to make a new toyline "Origins" at mass retail for kids and collectors and let Super7 making Classics for collectors ?

I guess we will figure it out at SDCC then Powercon.

But maybe if Mattel and Super7 see the Motu community is fighting for keeping Classics alive, they will think there is still money to make and in order to "respect" their loyal and passionate customers ( because actually Motu is still alive because of collectors ) they could offer us a "happy ending" for our Classics.

Classics could live again for years because there are so many characters to make.
    There are so many different factions but we can say with all official polls on org and polls created by fans here, there are som stuff they could produce profitable for them and good for us.

Here are imo the items they should make to "finish" our 2 main incomplete lines and some another great stuff to add to the collection :

FILMATION

Not all of us here on boards like them, but all the polls and the huge sales in comparison with Collectors' choice show Club Grayskull is a very well demanded line.
    Filmation universe is very wide but with different polls we could say the most wanted are the following variants of existing characters and some unique characters :

I would say all the following variants to finish the Filmation variants rodster :

Then they could add just a few most wanted unique characters :

NEW ADVENDTURES

Sagitar
    Staghorn
    Butthead
    Lizzor
    Hoove
    Kayo
    Nocturna
    Vizarr
    Artilla
    Spinwit
    Master Sebrian
    Crystoll

Maybe harder to sell and more difficult to produce than Filmation but Mattel or Super7 could offer us a kickstarter for a 12-pack and see if that could be possible to make all of them to finish the NA rodster.

I would take any 200x variants as well, William Stout figures ( Man at arms, Teela, Sorceress, Evil lyn, Beastman, Skeletor's troopers ) and the Mask of power demons.

Also would take any of the most wanted vehicules, creatures or playsets. Regarding them they could offer a kickstarter mini sub as well and see what happens.

Mantisaur
    Spydor
    Attak track
    Road ripper
    Landshark
    Dragon walker

Slim Pit
    Fright Zone
    Cristal castle

Please feel free to post your ideas, but remember that has to be feasible : for example I wish they made a Filmation space pirates multipack so badly but that would not be profitable so I gave up with that idea !
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; June 19, 2019 at 02:04pm.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Widget
    Is it a confirmed thing that Super 7 has lost the license?

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Good to express interest for Classics, but then you mean CC or CG? As far as I know CG (Filmation) sells well enough, so only impediment to continue it is license terms, right?

CC, on the contrary, its the line most at risk because it is said it's a hard sell. So, this case probably would benefit from a new poll (separate from Filmation accurate figures). However, I think this poll should be streamlined or simplified: for example, let's not include so many variants that can split votes (for example, toy version vs cartoon version for same character, or pajama Mant-at-Arms, etc.). Let's focus on characters, not their variants, and let oversized characters to be shown (not vehicles or steeds, just oversized characters like Dragoon, Sagitar, Molkrom, Chimeras, etc.).

Of course, if demand is for variants, let's have a separate poll for them. Maybe participation in either poll would also show what's the size of potential market.

So, let's go on layers: first priority is to ask to let S7 to continue producing CC/CG if Mattel is not tacking these lines for mass market. Second, let's express we support CG line and let's have a poll to prioritize characters selection, and lastly let's also ask for CC to continue, even if it is supported by a different model like crowdfunding (and let's prioritize characters selection also with a poll).

I liked the model 4H used: there was an offer of characters, some more popular than others, but you could fund and get the ones you liked best. Of course, we need to expect heavy reuse of parts, but with clever painting apps we know uniqueness can be achieved. And then, if there's good support that can unlock stretch goals (Sagitar!!!)
    Last edited by man-at-work; June 19, 2019 at 10:49am.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Good to express interest for Classics, but then you mean CC or CG? As far as I know CG (Filmation) sells well enough, so only impediment to continue it is license terms, right?

CC, on the contrary, its the line most at risk because it is said it's a hard sell. So, this case probably would benefit from a new poll (separate from Filmation accurate figures). However, I think this poll should be streamlined or simplified: for example, let's not include so many variants that can split votes (for example, toy version vs cartoon version for same character, or pajama Mant-at-Arms, etc.). Let's focus on characters, not their variants, and let oversized characters to be shown (not vehicles or steeds, just oversized characters like Dragoon, Sagitar, Molkrom, Chimeras, etc.).

Of course, if demand is for variants, let's have a separate poll for them. Maybe participation in either poll would also show what's the size of potential market.

So, let's go on layers: first priority is to ask to let S7 to continue producing CC/CG if Mattel is not tacking these lines for mass market. Second, let's express we support CG line and let's have a poll to prioritize characters selection, and lastly let's also ask for CC to continue, even if it is supported by a different model like crowdfunding (and let's prioritize characters selection also with a poll).

I liked the model 4H used: there was an offer of characters, some more popular than others, but you could fund and get the ones you liked best. Of course, we need to expect heavy reuse of parts, but with clever painting apps we know uniqueness can be achieved. And then, if there's good support that can unlock stretch goals (Sagitar!!!)
    Yes I think we have to let them know WE DO NOT WANT CLASSICS STOP.

I did not precise CC or CG, I guess both have to continue, but I guess that will be easier for CG than CC.
    Regarding CC though, I mentionned William Stout figures, NA figures, some 200X and Mask of Power demons.

I do think they have already tons of informations with the 2018 official poll that was pretty complete but you are right they could ask again for some stuff and anyway offer us as kick starter, especially for NA 12-pack for example or vehicules, creatures and playsets.

Hope that will be possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Death Metaltor View Post
    Is it a confirmed thing that Super 7 has lost the license?
    No, it has not been confirmed. I wish people would quit saying this! Super7 has not said they've lost the license. It's pure speculation on everyone's part right now. We will eventually hear the answer, and I'm not saying it's impossible that they lost the license to make any more Classics, but let's just wait until we hear something concrete before saying that, please!!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    No, it has not been confirmed. I wish people would quit saying this! Super7 has not said they've lost the license. It's pure speculation on everyone's part right now. We will eventually hear the answer, and I'm not saying it's impossible that they lost the license to make any more Classics, but let's just wait until we hear something concrete before saying that, please!!
    It seems to me Brian said it in an interview.
    Anyway nothing is set in stone and decisions could be changed, license lost or not, maybe depending of the Motu community, that is why I posted this thread.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Anyway nothing is set in stone and decisions could be changed, license lost or not, maybe depending of the Motu community, that is why I posted this thread.
    Clarifying: Brian said Super 7 canít make vintage or Classics figures until after the movie push is over. He said he hopes to again after that.

The movie releases in March 2021 so weíre probably looking at a 2 year hiatus UNLESS Mattel can be persuaded to make some Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I'm curious in what interview you believe he said that? It may be one I haven't heard, but the last few I've heard, when he was talking about Snake Mountain, he has NOT said they lost the license. It seems that people just made their own interpretations of what he said, and in turn that has started a rumor mill that has turned it into "Brian said they're done with MOTU."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Clarifying: Brian said Super 7 canít make vintage or Classics figures until after the movie push is over. He said he hopes to again after that.

The movie releases in March 2021 so weíre probably looking at a 2 year hiatus UNLESS Mattel can be persuaded to make some Classics.
    Where/when did he say exactly that?

Where/when did he say exactly that?

As far as I'm aware, he didn't specifically say that. All he stated was that the situation, as it pertains to making more Classics/Club Grayskull, was in flux given that the owners of properties generally do not want licensed product out while a film is in development.

Court Magician
    Maybe someone here can give insight on this because I am unsure. Does Mattel have the final say over both Classics and Club Grayskull? I know Universal owns almost everything Filmation. Mattel seems to own or has rights to the Comic era or whatever the new 5.5 line is being referred as. So hypothetical if Super7 wanted to let’s say continue Cartoon accurate figures could they bypass Mattel and go straight to Universal? Or does Mattel have the last word on all things related to MOTU and POP?

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    As far as I'm aware, he didn't specifically say that. All he stated was that the situation, as it pertains to making more Classics/Club Grayskull, was in flux given that the owners of properties generally do not want licensed product out while a film is in development.
    This is also my understanding. i hope Mattel's executives understand Classics is just a niche line that won't interfere with their mass market strategies.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    That's my take as well. Maybe I'm being naive, but that in no way is saying "we're done." It *could* end up meaning that, but every is putting the cart before the horse. I remember 3 years everyone was also saying Classics is absolutely 100% done. However I was at Power Con that year and could tell at the Super7 panel that they were hinting they might be taking over, but so many were absolutely convinced it was over. Let's just hear the official word before wrongly declaring the line's death a second time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    Maybe someone here can give insight on this because I am unsure. Does Mattel have the final say over both Classics and Club Grayskull? I know Universal owns almost everything Filmation. Mattel seems to own or has rights to the Comic era or whatever the new 5.5 line is being referred as. So hypothetical if Super7 wanted to let’s say continue Cartoon accurate figures could they bypass Mattel and go straight to Universal? Or does Mattel have the last word on all things related to MOTU and POP?
    As far as I know, Mattel has final say on MOTU and POP in regards to toys. I'm pretty sure Mattel is the one approvong all the bios for CC and CG.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

What Mattel or Super7 could make if Classics come to an end...

Clarifying: Brian said Super 7 can’t make vintage or Classics figures until after the movie push is over. He said he hopes to again after that.

The movie releases in March 2021 so we’re probably looking at a 2 year hiatus UNLESS Mattel can be persuaded to make some Classics.
    Goodness gracious, folks.

(Please know that I'm not picking on you, in particular, Cobrala. Your post was just the latest in a trend I've been seeing a lot lately, my friend.)

Here is what Brian Flynn said on Roast Gooble Dinner, episode 159 at 41 min 18 sec:

"What happens if it's like 'Hey, we're not going to get another set of Classics until after the movie'? That's not going to happen. But what I'm saying is it's not going to be the same way it was."

I understand the concern folks have about the future of the line. What I don't understand is the determination to hear exactly what was not said. Brian said it is not going to happen that Classics will stop until after the movie. Of course, that might change and fears might turn out to be true in the end. Let's not let concern, however, misinterpret (more, contradict) what is actually said by those in charge.

My main concern is that I don't want folks to fret over things unnecessarily. Let's let Brian say what he actually said and so feel better. I've heard/read a couple more interviews with Brian and haven't come across anything contradicting his words here yet (if I'm wrong, I'm always happy to be pointed in a new direction).

I'm curious in what interview you believe he said that? It may be one I haven't heard, but the last few I've heard, when he was talking about Snake Mountain, he has NOT said they lost the license. It seems that people just made their own interpretations of what he said, and in turn that has started a rumor mill that has turned it into "Brian said they're done with MOTU."

That's my understanding as well. The rumor mill is causing a bit of (for now, at least) unnecessary trouble for folks for sure. I hope my direct quote from Brian above will be helpful to some degree.

----

I often catastrophize when things important to me seem threatened in one way or another (although it usual has more to do with my wife, children, or home). So I get the impulse. But let's not report Brian saying things he himself has labeled (for the time being) incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; June 19, 2019 at 06:23pm.
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    As far as I know, Mattel has final say on MOTU and POP in regards to toys. I'm pretty sure Mattel is the one approvong all the bios for CC and CG.
    Mattel does not have say on Filmation POP as That Lic is owned by Dreamworks.

Brian Flynn has posted several times in the past that Dreamworks has told him he can produce POP toys, but Brian wanted it in writing just so that there was no misunderstandings.

- - - Updated - - -

Clarifying: Brian said Super 7 can’t make vintage or Classics figures until after the movie push is over. He said he hopes to again after that.

The movie releases in March 2021 so we’re probably looking at a 2 year hiatus UNLESS Mattel can be persuaded to make some Classics.
    From Adult Collectors Interview with Brian Flynn,

Q: What do you see in the future for MOTU Classics? And vintage-scale MOTU figures? If possible, I’d like to provide He-Man and She-Ra fans with a clear understanding of where Super7 and Mattel stand on MOTU licensing and Classics. There seems to be quite a bit of speculation and rumors going around.

Brian Flynn: There is a lot of speculation, because there is a lot of unknown for everyone. I think the easiest way to explain it is that we will both be making MOTU toys. Who is making what and when is a moving target these days because of the upcoming movie, but we don't plan on going away anytime soon.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

That's my take as well. Maybe I'm being naive, but that in no way is saying "we're done." It *could* end up meaning that, but every is putting the cart before the horse. I remember 3 years everyone was also saying Classics is absolutely 100% done. However I was at Power Con that year and could tell at the Super7 panel that they were hinting they might be taking over, but so many were absolutely convinced it was over. Let's just hear the official word before wrongly declaring the line's death a second time.

Just to clarify, I am in agreement and abhor this whole "sky is falling" mindset as this fan base is notorious in doing. I've said as much in the past where one thing is stated, and folks misconstrue what was said and twist it into something else entirely. It's beyond frustrating and as others have said needlessly adds to the apprehension that is rampant enough as is.

Of course, from now until SDCC or whenever we get a clearer picture of the situation, some folks are still going to run with "Brian/Super7 said 'teh lien is dead'"!

Heroic Warrior
    Iím going to stand by my impression that Super7ís MOTU toys will be primarily Reaction and MUSCLE for the next two years and that Classics figures released will have Mattel branding even IF Super7 plays a role in developing them.

I donít think thereís acrimony but I do think Mattel wants non-kitsch, non-premium products to be in-house.

I donít think that means the end of the Classics buck. It might not mean even a hiatus for S7 but I think theyíll have to brand it a lot closer to Masterpiece Transformers or Mezco stuff at the high end. Iím not saying cloth or added articulation. Iím just thinking with my MBA hat here and parsing Brianís words closely.

I feel like the Ultimate figures pose less of a conflict than CC or CG. Theyíd pose even less of a problem with more accessories or as multipacks.

And the conflict cuts both ways. For people that have huge MOTUC collections, I get the sunk cost. For diehard Vintage fans, I get 5 points and a power punch being a must have. But for the more casual MOTUC or Vintage collector, Origins is going to dominate with $20 figures.

So it isnít JUST a matter of Mattel possibly reining S7 in; S7 has to make products that differentiate from (or compliment) Mattel offerings, whether Mattelís Origins or any MOTUC Mattel does. Even if Mattel let them do certain stuff, thereís a question of whether itís good for S7 to do or whether theyíd get their butt kicked by the market.

Depending on Mattelís plans, maybe running with vehicles and small playsets for awhile would be better. Or more premium takes on the figures, even if they use the same bucks and aesthetic. Maybe you say, as Super 7, ďOkay. Weíre going with 50% aluminum harnesses and accessories and a higher grade factory.Ē

Maybe Mattel says $75 is the minimum you can charge for a figure or set and itís up to Super 7 to figure out how to work that.

Iím not denying thereís a level of speculation in there. I think change is certain and Super 7 will need to distance more from mass retail, based on Brianís comments.

Yep. Wouldn’t be another year of MOTUC collecting without yet another mass hysteria outbreak over the line ending.

I think that if 2016 taught MOTU collectors anything, it was that ANYTHING is possible, so I think I’ll just chill and wait for either Mattel or Super 7 (or both) to make a concrete announcement before I start writing my eulogy for Classics. That being said, it DOES appear to be winding down. There’s no doubt about that. But there’s also no reason why the line couldn’t squeak out another couple years with some quarterly or con exclusive offerings.

Either way, we really don’t know anything about anything past a couple vague statements from Brian Flynn, so I see no use in stressing out over it at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Iím going to stand by my impression that Super7ís MOTU toys will be primarily Reaction and MUSCLE for the next two years and that Classics figures released will have Mattel branding even IF Super7 plays a role in developing them.

I donít think thereís acrimony but I do think Mattel wants non-kitsch, non-premium products to be in-house.

I donít think that means the end of the Classics buck. It might not mean even a hiatus for S7 but I think theyíll have to brand it a lot closer to Masterpiece Transformers or Mezco stuff at the high end. Iím not saying cloth or added articulation. Iím just thinking with my MBA hat here and parsing Brianís words closely.

I feel like the Ultimate figures pose less of a conflict than CC or CG. Theyíd pose even less of a problem with more accessories or as multipacks.

And the conflict cuts both ways. For people that have huge MOTUC collections, I get the sunk cost. For diehard Vintage fans, I get 5 points and a power punch being a must have. But for the more casual MOTUC or Vintage collector, Origins is going to dominate with $20 figures.

So it isnít JUST a matter of Mattel possibly reining S7 in; S7 has to make products that differentiate from (or compliment) Mattel offerings, whether Mattelís Origins or any MOTUC Mattel does. Even if Mattel let them do certain stuff, thereís a question of whether itís good for S7 to do or whether theyíd get their butt kicked by the market.

Depending on Mattelís plans, maybe running with vehicles and small playsets for awhile would be better. Or more premium takes on the figures, even if they use the same bucks and aesthetic. Maybe you say, as Super 7, ďOkay. Weíre going with 50% aluminum harnesses and accessories and a higher grade factory.Ē

Maybe Mattel says $75 is the minimum you can charge for a figure or set and itís up to Super 7 to figure out how to work that.

Iím not denying thereís a level of speculation in there. I think change is certain and Super 7 will need to distance more from mass retail, based on Brianís comments.
    Wow. What an insightful post. I enjoyed reading this.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I've been in since 2009 and don't want to stop now.

I love BOTH CC and CG and don't want either to end...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Yeah, I've been in since 2009 and don't want to stop now.

I love BOTH CC and CG and don't want either to end...
    I do not want to stop either bro.

That is why I posted this thread.

Even if Super7 has their Motu license cancelled in January this year and the end is for January 2020, Mattel could still change his mind.
    Especially since the movie has 1 year delay and will be in theater in March/May 2021.

Tweeterhead who is taking care of Motu Sideshow statues will show us Hordak prototype and maybe Teela ( not sure if she is only a drawing or a prototype like hordak ) and he said in an interview the line is dead because they lost Motu license.

But things can change ! People who take decision can change their mind.
    Nothing is set in stone except when that is your name on the gravestone !

Brian and Super7 did an awesome job with Classics so far, and we have to let Mattel know that is not incompatible to let Super7 keep making Classics in small runs for collectors meanwhile they produce new toy lines at mass retail.
    Collectors will buy them both lol !

And that could be only a 2 years break since Brian is saying they are still motivated for Motu, but I wish they kept going Classics during the movie time.

This line is so amazing, I cannot imagine that could be the end.

Super7 saved the line 3 years ago, hope they will be able to save our dear line ( and not "our dead line" ! ) one more time !
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; June 20, 2019 at 03:34am.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Goodness gracious, folks.

(Please know that I'm not picking on you, in particular, Cobrala. Your post was just the latest in a trend I've been seeing a lot lately, my friend.)

Here is what Brian Flynn said on Roast Gooble Dinner, episode 159 at 41 min 18 sec:

"What happens if it's like 'Hey, we're not going to get another set of Classics until after the movie'? That's not going to happen. But what I'm saying is it's not going to be the same way it was."

I understand the concern folks have about the future of the line. What I don't understand is the determination to hear exactly what was not said. Brian said it is not going to happen that Classics will stop until after the movie. Of course, that might change and fears might turn out to be true in the end. Let's not let concern, however, misinterpret (more, contradict) what is actually said by those in charge.

My main concern is that I don't want folks to fret over things unnecessarily. Let's let Brian say what he actually said and so feel better. I've heard/read a couple more interviews with Brian and haven't come across anything contradicting his words here yet (if I'm wrong, I'm always happy to be pointed in a new direction).

That's my understanding as well. The rumor mill is causing a bit of (for now, at least) unnecessary trouble for folks for sure. I hope my direct quote from Brian above will be helpful to some degree.

----

I often catastrophize when things important to me seem threatened in one way or another (although it usual has more to do with my wife, children, or home). So I get the impulse. But let's not report Brian saying things he himself has labeled (for the time being) incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This made me calm a lot.. Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

"End of Line"hysteria... maybe, but that has a root cause. True that we don't know anything for sure at this point, but hints so far are pointing to a negative result, not a positive result (in the sense of having MOTUC offerings in the next couple of years). Lack of clear information is driving speculation, stressed by the fact that it is obvious things are not going normal here, since there are no announcements, teasers or even a mention of next CC or CG waves, or any reveals at SDCC / Power-Con.

I understand S7 can't make such announcements, since they're subject to whatever Mattel allows to do (which we know is not clear or it is a "moving target"). And honestly, I don't put my hopes on getting a clear explanation of what's the future of Classics from Mattel at SDCC.

I think that our hunger for MOTUC styled figures could be mitigated if S7 tackle other brands like Fuerza T, Bravestarr and Blackstar. Legally they're not MOTU, but I would welcome them in my collection as MOTUC figures without hesitation.

"End of Line"hysteria... maybe, but that has a root cause. True that we don't know anything for sure at this point, but hints so far are pointing to a negative result, not a positive result (in the sense of having MOTUC offerings in the next couple of years). Lack of clear information is driving speculation, stressed by the fact that it is obvious things are not going normal here, since there are no announcements, teasers or even a mention of next CC or CG waves, or any reveals at SDCC / Power-Con.

I understand S7 can't make such announcements, since they're subject to whatever Mattel allows to do (which we know is not clear or it is a "moving target"). And honestly, I don't put my hopes on getting a clear explanation of what's the future of Classics from Mattel at SDCC.

I think that our hunger for MOTUC styled figures could be mitigated if S7 tackle other brands like Fuerza T, Bravestarr and Blackstar. Legally they're not MOTU, but I would welcome them in my collection as MOTUC figures without hesitation.
    The only thing known for sure was that Super7 had no MOTUC SDCC exclusive this year. We won't know until SDCC whats going on for sure. I'm sure we will see packaged figures of Club Geayskull wave 4 and the William stout Collection. As for what Surprises Super7 may have we just have to wait and see. Pixel Dan will interview Brian and at that point we should know whats going on between Mattel and Super7.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I agree 1000%. I would love to see that stuff turned to plastic.
    Odd Man Out