Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cancelled HE-MAN Movies - 1989 - 2018 (VIDEO)

  1. #1
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2

    Cancelled HE-MAN Movies - 1989 - 2018 (VIDEO)

    Up until the casting of Noah Centineo and the release of the teaser poster, the 'He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe' reboot had endured 15 years
    of development hell in the hands of various writers, directors and studios.


  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    701
    The story behind the making of the He-Man reboot could be the subject of an epic documentary. You could easily talk about this for 3 or 4 hours and barely scratch the surface of what happened over the last 15 or so years.

    - It has gone through three different studios (Fox, Warner Brothers, and SONY) .
    - A dozen or more directors
    - Half a dozen producers
    - At least 20 rewrites from different screenwriters
    None of this stuff is cheap. It cost them millions of dollars. Tens of millions probably.

    It has been going on for so long many long term fans do not believe the movie is actually happening. Every time there is a little bit of progress something comes up the movie goes into turn around for another rewrite and new director. Though it does look to be different "this time."

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    79
    I watched the whole video and I remember every single thing that is presented here. i'm so glad it's finally happening because I'm waiting for this movie for far too long

  4. #4
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,564
    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    None of this stuff is cheap. It cost them millions of dollars. Tens of millions probably.
    According to an article that Krueger posted awhile back, insiders say that Sony have spent an estimated $15 million so far developing MOTU.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  5. #5
    Darkness The Timeless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    335
    I'll believe it when I see it, and no sooner.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    According to an article that Krueger posted awhile back, insiders say that Sony have spent an estimated $15 million so far developing MOTU.
    Here's the article in question: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...chises-1178507

    And yes, as MOTU has proven, very often a film's journey through production can sometimes be more interesting than the film itself. I would love a book down the road. As of now, the two versions I'm most interested in are the sequel to the 1987 film (with He-Man as a quarterback and Skeletor posing as a ruthless businessman), and the John Woo version. Virtually nothing is known about the John Woo version, at least story-wise.

    I did find this website that offers a review of Jeff Wadlow's script. But I can't access it. There is a preview, though. Sounds very "Michael Bay-like". The timing is all wrong, though. He came on board after 2010: http://writetoreel.com/write-to-real...low-unproduced
    Last edited by Krueger; June 20, 2019 at 10:46am.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior BrianCBaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Here's the article in question: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...chises-1178507

    And yes, as MOTU has proven, very often a film's journey through production can sometimes be more interesting than the film itself. I would love a book down the road. As of now, the two versions I'm most interested in are the sequel to the 1987 film (with He-Man as a quarterback and Skeletor posing as a ruthless businessman), and the John Woo version. Virtually nothing is known about the John Woo version, at least story-wise.

    I did find this website that offers a review of Jeff Wadlow's script. But I can't access it. There is a preview, though. Sounds very "Michael Bay-like". The timing is all wrong, though. He came on board after 2010: http://writetoreel.com/write-to-real...low-unproduced

    I've pitched this book. Haha. Maybe if we clamor loudly enough, Dark Horse will reconsider!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Europe/Slovenia
    Posts
    77
    I have watched whole thing and i must say this is one of better things i've seen in a while. Mostly because i remember all of this, man it has been 15 years...
    I liked Justin Marks script, maybe it had some of his Street Fighter similarities but all in all it was likable. Wish i could read Jeff Wadlow one
    On Adam Rifkin (John Woo) script, wasn't that the one where Adam had twin brother? I remember i've seen some kind of story about it somwhere

  9. #9
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,003
    Great video! Thanks!!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    701
    I think the Adam Woo script was the one where He-Man only shows up in the last ten minutes of the movie and would have been overall unrecognizable from what fans expected.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •