Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 166 Discussion - Return of Faker talk w/ James Eatock

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 166 Discussion - Return of Faker talk w/ James Eatock

Episode 166 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, Rob Base and Daniel Benedict are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they are joined by James Eatock to discuss
    Return From Terror Island minicomic,
    Minicomic collection,
    Cereal:Geek magazine,
    controversial cover,
    Filmation VHS board game,
    The Return of Faker cartoon,
    source of voices and animation,
    putting together the episode,
    Easter eggs and a surprise ending,
    fan response to Act 1,
    figuring out the dialogue,
    what's next after Return of Faker,
    the lost Filmation bumper,
    size of a creative team,
    and much more!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on June 20, 2019
    Runtime: 1 hour, 03 minutes, 32 seconds

Direct link for Episode 166

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Another great episode! I think I could listen to James talk about MOTU (or probably just about anything) for hours. Really looking forward to seeing the while episode or Return of Faker at Power Con this year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Was listening to this episode while actually coloring a fun action-sequence.
    Great listen once again from everyone!

Also it brought me back to the moment in German Grayskull-Con when we were all sitting at a table and James walks up to me and hands the unpublished Minicomic to read. Was very honored.

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I could listen to James talk He-Man all day! Love his passion and am very grateful to him for having me involved in this amazing project!

PS: My fav comics are the Texeira ones too James!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I'm one of those who pre-ordered the last two issues of Cereal:Geek many moons ago. These really need and deserve to be released.

Wow! This is very exciting, I can not wait to watch the return of Faker. Is there any way this would be available for digital purchase once it’s been shown at Power-Con? I imagine that’d be tough with copyrights but I’d love to have it!

Another great episode! Can we get James on more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    Can we get James on more often?
    Doubtful. You heard what time it was for him when we recorded.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Doubtful. You heard what time it was for him when we recorded.
    What was your local time?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

California is 8 hours behind the UK, so if it was 4 AM for James, it must’ve been around 8 PM,

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    California is 8 hours behind the UK, so if it was 4 AM for James, it must’ve been around 8 PM,
    Val and company are in the Eastern Time Zone, so more likely 10-11pm for them.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    What was your local time?
    Our recording times are in the evening during the weekday. And since we're spread out over the USA, we have a specific time we have to record that works for everyone, which is 10pm Eastern.
    We don't give up our weekends any more to record. We all have people to see, family to be with, things to do, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait to see the whole Faker episode. Loved to hear how it all came together.

Side note: Val where can I find all of the backgounds and wallpapers for the RGD episodes? I thought they would show up in the app, but I don't see them anywhere.

Well now you've said it I'd absolutely love an Anti-Eternia He-Man story adapted into the Filmation style as a follow up to Return of Faker. Don't let two evil He-Man story's in a row put you off.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one