Thread: Castle Grayskull

Castle Grayskull

Iím thinking of letting my MOTUC castle go. Iíve run out of space and realized I will not be completing the set (since I passed on Snake Mountain). Whatís a fair price? eBay is all over the map so I want to check.

Iíll also be selling off figures but I need to go through them. Everything is still sealed in the boxes, but certain core figures Iím keeping.

Anyway; any advice would be perfect. If posted in the wrong spot let me know.

Cheers

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete71799 View Post
    Iím thinking of letting my MOTUC castle go. Iíve run out of space and realized I will not be completing the set (since I passed on Snake Mountain). Whatís a fair price? eBay is all over the map so I want to check.

Iíll also be selling off figures but I need to go through them. Everything is still sealed in the boxes, but certain core figures Iím keeping.

Cheers
    Well I would say $150-200 because at one time they were CLEARANCED out at this price but probably triple or more with greedy people...

I cannot remember, but I think I paid $300 + shipping for mine on Ebay. I could never part with it because my son plays with it almost every day. Plus you just get robbed with fees on Ebay. I learned that the hard way this past week. It is funny when they show you how much you made, but then when you subtract all of the fees and what not it rarely seems worth it. I would say try to sell it here on the Org. It is not like it is ever going to be made again, so maybe look at finished Ebay auctions to gauge a price?!?
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I cannot remember, but I think I paid $300 + shipping for mine on Ebay. I could never part with it because my son plays with it almost every day. Plus you just get robbed with fees on Ebay. I learned that the hard way this past week. It is funny when they show you how much you made, but then when you subtract all of the fees and what not it rarely seems worth it. I would say try to sell it here on the Org. It is not like it is ever going to be made again, so maybe look at finished Ebay auctions to gauge a price?!?
    Thanks, I did that and itís crazy all over. A few closed at $400, most in the $600 range and a couple at the $800-$1000. To me that seemed to high to be realistic and I agree selling on eBay sucks with the fees; which is why I was asking here first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Well I would say $150-200 because at one time they were CLEARANCED out at this price but probably triple or more with greedy people...
    I wouldnít say greedy but I get what you mean. I bought mine at regular price plus shipping from Matty direct when it first came out. I think that was $250 or something like that plus $75 to ship. Thanks for the feedback though.

I wish you good luck on your sales! I just recently started parting with some of my collections. I hate seeing them go out the door, but sometimes you have to prioritize. I would say do not sell it for less than what you paid (at minimum), but I would argue that it is probably worth more than retail at this point. Especially with Snake Mountain coming out.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I wish you good luck on your sales! I just recently started parting with some of my collections. I hate seeing them go out the door, but sometimes you have to prioritize. I would say do not sell it for less than what you paid (at minimum), but I would argue that it is probably worth more than retail at this point. Especially with Snake Mountain coming out.
    Thanks, I hate parting as well; but I never opened it other than to look at the box; and now itís just stored. Someone should enjoy it (and some other figures), and I need to clear up space in the house. Thanks again!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete71799 View Post

Cheers
    They are selling on eBay closer to 1000 with shipping -especially if itís not opened. Iím sure Snake Mountain caused it to increase in value. So looking closer to 800 off ebay
    Last edited by Powersword123; June 22, 2019 at 04:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    They are selling on eBay closer to 1000 with shipping -especially if itís not opened. Iím sure Snake Mountain caused it to increase in value. So looking closer to 800 off ebay
    $800??? More reasonable like $400--500 (And there are two on E-Bay right now for $1,500....)

I remember someone here buying 10-15 of these on clearance from Matty for $150 I asked him about one and he $550...Way to pass on the saving to a fellow collector....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    $800??? More reasonable like $400--500 (And there are two on E-Bay right now for $1,500....)

I remember someone here buying 10-15 of these on clearance from Matty for $150 I asked him about one and he $550...Way to pass on the saving to a fellow collector....
    The last 2 sold for $1000 sealed and 955 opened including shipping on ebay (you can't trust auction style because they always end at a lower price- If he sold it for $800 shipped that is more than fair for a new in box

400 - 500 would have been right a year ago, maybe even a few months back but like I said before Snake Mountain has added value to the 6 year old Castle

If he doesn't care about the money then yeah $500 would be a great deal for anyone here
    Last edited by Powersword123; June 22, 2019 at 06:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    The last 2 sold for $1000 sealed and 955 opened including shipping on ebay (you can't trust auction style because they always end at a lower price- If he sold it for $800 shipped that is more than fair for a new in box

400 - 500 would have been right a year ago, maybe even a few months back but like I said before Snake Mountain has added value to the 6 year old Castle

If he doesn't care about the money then yeah $500 would be a great deal for anyone here
    Wait, but someone above said $150.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    That's what they were CLEARANCED at...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    So to be clear....

"Price people think it should be" = Not a lot.

"Price it IS" = About $600 to $900 ....or more these days it seems

Bought mine a month or two ago for just over 500 GBP, so thatís roughly 650 USD.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly just put it on eBay as an auction starting at $0,99 and let the demand decide what you get, youíll almost certainly get $500+.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I just sold a loose version for 650 + shipping on Facebook Marketplace about 6 months ago. I say don't sell it for less than 500 at this point. Once the movie comes out, I bet you can get even more
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I just sold a loose version for 650 + shipping on Facebook Marketplace about 6 months ago. I say don't sell it for less than 500 at this point. Once the movie comes out, I bet you can get even more
    You'll be able to get significantly more nearing the "release era" of MOTUC Snake Mountain.

If you ever wanted to SELL your MOTUC Grayskull? It'll be more risky from the release onward.