Thread: She-Ra arrives at Universal's Islands of Adventure Theme Park in Orlando!

She-Ra arrives at Universal's Islands of Adventure Theme Park in Orlando!

Updated: June 25th, 2019

New update from Universal Orlando Resort.

So, as of this post, She-Ra will be there for a little over 2 months.

--------------------

Updated: June 24th, 2019

Click here to read the news on the He-Man.org main page

She-Ra, the title character from the DreamWorks/Netflix animated series "She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, is now a meet-and-greet character at Universal's "Islands of Adventure" theme park in Orlando, Forida!

Social media lit up on Sunday, June 23rd after Universal Orlando Resort and Orlando Informer announced She-Ra's debut. Soon after, fans were posting pictures of themselves with She-Ra (Character Perfomer Jillian Gizzi) in The Lost Continent section of the park. Later in the day, Jillian Gizzi posted the following message to her Instagram page:

"Everyone has that one thing they’re weird about. I’ve always had an insecurity about my height. It’s really incredible to see things that promote your insecurities in a positive, and STRONG way. This is She-Ra. She’s tall, and a warrior."

gothikbettie (Angela) on Instagram came up with She-Ra's makeup look. She credits Cat Chimento for doing the the makeup in the photo that she provided to He-Man.org. According to Michael Aiello, Senior Director of Entertainment and Creative Development for Universal Orlando Resort, She-Ra's costume was designed in-house and approved by DreamWorks.

When asked, Universal Orlando Resort had no information to provide on how long She-Ra would be staying on at Islands of Adventure. However, one of the people that Gizzi tagged in her Instagram post, Taylor Simonds, Senior editor for WMW, posted that She-Ra will be there for three months.

Season 3 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is coming to Netflix on August 2nd.

--------------------

Check it out!

https://twitter.com/shortystacie02/s...15611787124737

https://twitter.com/UniversalORL/sta...09541148585984

Last edited by Tallstar; June 25, 2019 at 07:51am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I was honestly half expecting her to be a meet and great character in some form, since Dreamworks is owned by Universal.

However I think this is high as the ceiling goes for the show in regards to representation at Universal parks.

Wow! even at one time in Universal Hollywood He-Man and She-Ra was there as i remembered seeing that live show when i was 4 34 years ago.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Wow! even at one time in Universal Hollywood He-Man and She-Ra was there as i remembered seeing that live show when i was 4 34 years ago.
    As far as I'm aware Universa Orlando's third park is meant to have a Dreamworks land, so I wouldn't be suprised if She-Ra and possibly a few others of the cast became a more permanent ficture of that parks roaming characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool! If I lived in the US, it would be great to "meet" She-Ra.

Very cool! Her outfit looks pretty great too.

That's a nifty way to promote the character and the show. She looks good in the outfit. I'm going to be there early August. I'll have to see if I can meet the Princess of Power then.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I think a MOTU/POP theme park would be totally awesome!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

New update from Universal Orlando Resort.

So, as of this post, She-Ra will be there for a little over 2 months.

Whoever is portraying She-Ra is the perfect casting for the Netflix version. She has a really pretty face but it's soft and more round which is perfect considering the source material.

Widget
    It is possible appearances may be extended if the meet and greet get high marks from the guest satisfaction surveys. So don't take August 31 as a super hard for sure until closer to the end date.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabow View Post
    It is possible appearances may be extended if the meet and greet get high marks from the guest satisfaction surveys. So don't take August 31 as a super hard for sure until closer to the end date.
    She-Ra is still doing appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabow View Post
    Universal Orlando's third park is going to have a Dreamworks land, so it's possible this might be a way to test the waters for her as a meat and greet character, for that park.

I just got back from Universal Studios Islands of adventure, and yes She-Ra is still making appearances! She has a schedule: 10:30AM, 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 2:00PM, 3:00PM, and 4:00PM. The actress playing her is AWESOME! She knows the show inside and out! It was so fun talking to her! If you have a chance, go by and see her!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Cool to know. I will be going in a couple of weeks.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Stuck on the west coast. Need to find out how to get to Florida for cheap without driving. Maybe by train?
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Well, She-Ra is still making appearances at Island of Adventure. I was there today and got a picture with her. There's no signage or anything. She is just brought out and she stands there. Thankfully, there were several children who noticed her and took their pictures with her. She was very nice and got interested and asked me questions. She interacted well with the kids as well.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Very awesome!!!!!
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!