Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New She-Ra line coming to Target!

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It is not unusual for toys to go on clearance the week after Christmas.
    Yep, all the older stuff is being cleared out for 2020's stuff. I saw Super Hero Girls, Lego, Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, and others all on clearance like I do every year. I'm with Adam, this is not a sighn its over.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Yep, all the older stuff is being cleared out for 2020's stuff. I saw Super Hero Girls, Lego, Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, and others all on clearance like I do every year. I'm with Adam, this is not a sighn its over.
    I used to work at Target and if they clearance the entire line that usually means that the line is done. If they’d only clearance specific items from the line it might have had a chance but seeing that every piece was marked down means it’s over. I just don’t think the dolls looked that great. Bow and Glimmer didn’t even look like the show and they should have made figures like the vintage. As much as I like the new show I hate the character designs. The just don’t look very pretty and looks like the kids agree as well.

I hope this means we will get some more vintage inspired designed Pop characters in the new He-man show.

I still think they should have had action figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my friends who lives in NYC has a young daughter who loves the show, I told him the dolls are available at Target and he simply couldn’t find them.

Well, these are dolls which are needed as a complement for the general merchandising of the show and are just there on a corner of the shop if little girls want them but it's no more the 80s crazyness ;
    probably they have not invested that much either I mean action figures is no more the core business for such toy companies. Revenues comes from different aspects, maybe a mobile game could be successful enough among kids and millenials, just sayin

anyway SPOP going strong on social media, many are following and tweeting about this show! hopefully the Netflix's He-Man shows will do same
    Last edited by Triklops 1; January 13, 2020 at 08:13pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

It's a line I would have picked up if it were in a 6" or smaller scale, but even with just the four Mattel released- I don't really have the shelf space to devote to big dolls (my 1/6 scale Mondo MOTU dollies are another story... LOL).

Same -- a 6-inch line and I would have been in.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    My brother collected this entire line. I would have if it was like the DC Super Hero Girls action figures.

Some proper actopn figures available at retail worldwide would have been cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I used to work at Target and if they clearance the entire line that usually means that the line is done. If they’d only clearance specific items from the line it might have had a chance but seeing that every piece was marked down means it’s over. I just don’t think the dolls looked that great. Bow and Glimmer didn’t even look like the show and they should have made figures like the vintage. As much as I like the new show I hate the character designs. The just don’t look very pretty and looks like the kids agree as well.

I hope this means we will get some more vintage inspired designed Pop characters in the new He-man show.
    I always expressed the hope that the show, and dolls, would feature more prettiness and, erm, girliness (is this okay to say anymore?). I don't know doll lines very well, but maybe if more of an Ever After High vibe had been infused. You know, pretty ethereal fantasy/fairy tale stuff, whimsy, but all very She-Ra/Etheria. And I mean this for both the show and toy line, since the toys reflected what appeared in the show of course.

Heroic Warrior
    Why are people assuming that this doll line has been discontinued?

I can't find anything anywhere that even remotely indicates that this is the case.

At Target in NYC, they sold out of them at Christmas time. People were getting them when they couldn't find Monster High or Superhero Girls dolls. I am not sure if they will restock. I personally think the doll line was a one time thing to support the show.

Widget
    The fact that these were supposed to be released here in Canada by Christmas but never were suggests to me that sales weren't strong enough in the US. I finally broke down and ordered the She-ra doll online.