Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New She-Ra line coming to Target!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    They seem to be going like hotcakes, or are it just the Catras & She-Ras that keep selling out?
    It depends on the town and if there are a lot of collectors/resellers in the area. I think this is basically just the second shipment Target has gotten of these toys and it doesn't sound like they are getting a lot of boxes in at a time when they do, so what they have is pretty much put straight on the shelves. I'll be more interested in seeing how they do if Target starts getting some serious shipments in allowing for restocking right away or if the line starts spreading out to more general retail. There are a lot of lines that are hot at first, but then putter out when supply meets demand. The telling sign to the success of the line is if it is still around months after Christmas with new waves or if stuff starts getting clearanced out at some point in 2020. With the limited release, I'd say demand is bigger than supply currently. I still think they miscalculated not putting more Catras in the wave. Usually, only 1 figure gets short packed in a toy wave, but in this wave it is everyone but She-Ra.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    These donít sell very well in my area. I live in the suburbs with a lot of young families though. It seems like this show has become popular with older generations so maybe the demographic is just not supported here. I show my daughter every time we go by Target and she has no interest. She wants all he vintage line though in pristine condition (which I canít afford).
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I wonder how the toyline is doing. Usually, the exclusive thing drops off after a couple months and if the toyline is popular enough it gets a general release to other major chains like Walmart. They never even had the "Only at Target" on the packaging when I saw them at my local Targets. I also thought we'd see a Wave 2 by now in time for the holidays and new episodes on Netflix. I figured it would at least get a Wave 2 before fizzling out. If not much is heard by January, it is probably not a good sign.

Target is having a 50% off sale in several categories. You can get the She-Ra Dress up set for $10.

https://www.target.com/p/she-ra-dres...e/-/A-76151853
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The E-bay sales on most of the non-She-Ra characters are still pretty significant, with Catra routinely selling for around $30 bucks and complete sets selling for between $110 and $150.

I usually only see the roleplay stuff and She-Ra herself in stores. For those of you routinely seeing shelves of the other characters, you might need to snap those up and put them on ebay.

We have to consider that it took Mattel the better part of a year to get these to retail after the premiere of the show (and it took about 6-8 months before they even officially announced them). Mattel hasn't exactly been timely on these. Considering that a company like Han Cholo is still putting out lots of new merchandise, that would seem to point out that they're having good sales numbers. There newest stuff is specific to the fourth season, too.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Wish I would have jumped on those Super7 figures when they were first for sale, but I expected a line of action figures to show up in stores sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Target is having a 50% off sale in several categories. You can get the She-Ra Dress up set for $10.

https://www.target.com/p/she-ra-dres...e/-/A-76151853
    Too bad the sword & shield set isn't also half-off. I'd love to get those for my nieces.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

My Target has never moved any of the merch. I was talking to one of the kids I like who works the toy section (he always puts ponies aside for me) and he said that none of it has sold at our store, not one thing. He scanned the tags and can tell when the last time an item sold by sku.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    The E-bay sales on most of the non-She-Ra characters are still pretty significant, with Catra routinely selling for around $30 bucks and complete sets selling for between $110 and $150.

I usually only see the roleplay stuff and She-Ra herself in stores. For those of you routinely seeing shelves of the other characters, you might need to snap those up and put them on ebay.

We have to consider that it took Mattel the better part of a year to get these to retail after the premiere of the show (and it took about 6-8 months before they even officially announced them). Mattel hasn't exactly been timely on these. Considering that a company like Han Cholo is still putting out lots of new merchandise, that would seem to point out that they're having good sales numbers. There newest stuff is specific to the fourth season, too.
    Most of the non She-Ra dolls are selling for $30 shipped on eBay, which after eBay/Paypal Fees, shipping costs, and sales tax, it is about $1-2 profit on each doll. The eBay market has definitely cooled off on these, since most people can find all the characters (even Catra) in their local Target. I was expecting there to be more of an interest from international buyers, but the high cost of shipping larger boxes internationally (and perhaps interest overall) caused that not to happen.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Most of the non She-Ra dolls are selling for $30 shipped on eBay, which after eBay/Paypal Fees, shipping costs, and sales tax, it is about $1-2 profit on each doll. The eBay market has definitely cooled off on these, since most people can find all the characters (even Catra) in their local Target. I was expecting there to be more of an interest from international buyers, but the high cost of shipping larger boxes internationally (and perhaps interest overall) caused that not to happen.
    Yes! I am from Europe. I was planing to collect this line, i really love the cartoon First i was hoping they would show up in our lokal stores. But meanwhile Mattel stated, that this will not happen. I don't want to collect another line trough Ebay and pay high shippingrates and taxes...

...it's more easy to not even start to collect

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    My Target has never moved any of the merch. I was talking to one of the kids I like who works the toy section (he always puts ponies aside for me) and he said that none of it has sold at our store, not one thing. He scanned the tags and can tell when the last time an item sold by sku.
    Itís strange how this varies so much by location. Iíve never been able to find these in stock - always sold out. I finally bought some from a gent on Facebook.

"We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Iím trying to get some of the dolls for my young daughters Xmas, but eBay prices with shipping arenít affordable at all.

I hit two different Targets today and the dolls were on clearance.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    Itís strange how this varies so much by location. Iíve never been able to find these in stock - always sold out. I finally bought some from a gent on Facebook.

My daughter received swiftwind for Christmas and love-love-loved it. Worth the extra shipping from a facebook seller!

"We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    I hit two different Targets today and the dolls were on clearance.
    Same here. All of the secondary characters have sold out at my local Target. She-Ra and the dress up costume are the only items left / on clearance.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Wave 1 figures being on clearance is probably a bad sign. Catra is the only one is my area that moved fast. The other short packed ones sell, but not fast in my area. She-Ra doesn't move beyond a couple. At least they got the main characters out there if they don't make any more. It probably would have done better had they had better case ratios, but I'm still not sure it would have moved fast enough for Target's liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Wave 1 figures being on clearance is probably a bad sign. Catra is the only one is my area that moved fast. The other short packed ones sell, but not fast in my area. She-Ra doesn't move beyond a couple. At least they got the main characters out there if they don't make any more. It probably would have done better had they had better case ratios, but I'm still not sure it would have moved fast enough for Target's liking.
    It probably is. I seem to remember a Glimmer/Angella two pack that showed on on Entertainment Earth only to be cancelled. I don't think Mattel was every really into this line either. However, I noticed that all the Target exclusives were on clearance.

My Target still has all of the stuff they originally stocked. It might be a fluke, but it is in the same order it was first stocked in and one of the folks who worked there scanned some of the dolls and told me they never sold. I do not think it appeals to children, but I could be wrong. I think it appeals to teens and twenty somethings.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    My Target still has all of the stuff they originally stocked. It might be a fluke, but it is in the same order it was first stocked in and one of the folks who worked there scanned some of the dolls and told me they never sold. I do not think it appeals to children, but I could be wrong. I think it appeals to teens and twenty somethings.
    Possibly, wich would sugest that more collector centric stuff might have been a better roa to go around. Although that being said Precure/Pretty Cure isn't to far away from Netlfix She-Ra stylisticly and that franchise is aimed at young girls so who knows realy

I think we will have to wait until February and Toy Fair to get the final answer on the status of this line, but I'm guessing that it's done.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    They should kill it and do the retro Barbie figures Mattel showed off. Catra, Glimmer, Teela, Evil-lyn, Sorceress, Netossa, and the rest of the POP gang.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    They should kill it and do the retro Barbie figures Mattel showed off. Catra, Glimmer, Teela, Evil-lyn, Sorceress, Netossa, and the rest of the POP gang.
    I'd love to see those as well. Obviously they would be aimed at collectors. But these days I'm more interested in seeing mass market retail lines do well because of new fan interest, than in getting collector nostalgia stuff. I'm kind of over that at this point. As for this She-Ra stuff, well I thought the format, having actual action dolls, was perfect for She-Ra, but I never really cared for the show (though I never watched beyond season 1) so I'm torn over whether I should cheer on the current line. If it fails, Mattel will probably just conclude that She-Ra in general fails at retail, and what are our chances of a better retail line at that point. I guess the Origins line could still get us some She-Ra product. Interesting to see how that does.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    You have pics?

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    You have pics?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5M0WISiGr8

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    It probably is. I seem to remember a Glimmer/Angella two pack that showed on on Entertainment Earth only to be cancelled. I don't think Mattel was every really into this line either. However, I noticed that all the Target exclusives were on clearance.
    It is not unusual for toys to go on clearance the week after Christmas.