Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New She-Ra line coming to Target!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    They seem to be going like hotcakes, or are it just the Catras & She-Ras that keep selling out?
    It depends on the town and if there are a lot of collectors/resellers in the area. I think this is basically just the second shipment Target has gotten of these toys and it doesn't sound like they are getting a lot of boxes in at a time when they do, so what they have is pretty much put straight on the shelves. I'll be more interested in seeing how they do if Target starts getting some serious shipments in allowing for restocking right away or if the line starts spreading out to more general retail. There are a lot of lines that are hot at first, but then putter out when supply meets demand. The telling sign to the success of the line is if it is still around months after Christmas with new waves or if stuff starts getting clearanced out at some point in 2020. With the limited release, I'd say demand is bigger than supply currently. I still think they miscalculated not putting more Catras in the wave. Usually, only 1 figure gets short packed in a toy wave, but in this wave it is everyone but She-Ra.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    These donít sell very well in my area. I live in the suburbs with a lot of young families though. It seems like this show has become popular with older generations so maybe the demographic is just not supported here. I show my daughter every time we go by Target and she has no interest. She wants all he vintage line though in pristine condition (which I canít afford).
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I wonder how the toyline is doing. Usually, the exclusive thing drops off after a couple months and if the toyline is popular enough it gets a general release to other major chains like Walmart. They never even had the "Only at Target" on the packaging when I saw them at my local Targets. I also thought we'd see a Wave 2 by now in time for the holidays and new episodes on Netflix. I figured it would at least get a Wave 2 before fizzling out. If not much is heard by January, it is probably not a good sign.

Target is having a 50% off sale in several categories. You can get the She-Ra Dress up set for $10.

https://www.target.com/p/she-ra-dres...e/-/A-76151853
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The E-bay sales on most of the non-She-Ra characters are still pretty significant, with Catra routinely selling for around $30 bucks and complete sets selling for between $110 and $150.

I usually only see the roleplay stuff and She-Ra herself in stores. For those of you routinely seeing shelves of the other characters, you might need to snap those up and put them on ebay.

We have to consider that it took Mattel the better part of a year to get these to retail after the premiere of the show (and it took about 6-8 months before they even officially announced them). Mattel hasn't exactly been timely on these. Considering that a company like Han Cholo is still putting out lots of new merchandise, that would seem to point out that they're having good sales numbers. There newest stuff is specific to the fourth season, too.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Wish I would have jumped on those Super7 figures when they were first for sale, but I expected a line of action figures to show up in stores sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Target is having a 50% off sale in several categories. You can get the She-Ra Dress up set for $10.

https://www.target.com/p/she-ra-dres...e/-/A-76151853
    Too bad the sword & shield set isn't also half-off. I'd love to get those for my nieces.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

My Target has never moved any of the merch. I was talking to one of the kids I like who works the toy section (he always puts ponies aside for me) and he said that none of it has sold at our store, not one thing. He scanned the tags and can tell when the last time an item sold by sku.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"