Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New She-Ra line coming to Target!

Dolls spotted at Target!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz6AkhdFlkB/
    Last edited by Tallstar; July 14, 2019 at 02:27pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Holy @$#% its happening NOW!

Did NOT expect it so soon! Wow. And for $15, the full-articulated doll?! I expected some kind of basic reduced-articulation version for $15.

Man. I just watched Pixel Dan's review of the SDCC Origins figures, and then I see this. I am @#$%in pumped for MOTU/POP now!

- - - Updated - - -

She-Ra looks taller than others, same height as Bow. Catra looks amazing, man she is going to be popular.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    As always, THANKS Tallstar!

They look pretty good.

Obviously, some shortcuts taken with body types to save money (at least for the $15 figures). I'm disappointed that Glimmer doesn't come with her staff - just a "glitter blast". And Bow's "bow and arrow" looks a bit under-sized. I probably would have preferred an un-notched bow and separate quiver (along the lines of the vintage figure).

I'm surprised that there's no Shadow Weaver since there is an SDCC version of the character. I guess Shadow Weaver is either only a deluxe ($30) doll or is being saved for a second series (if the first sells well enough).

It was decent of Mattel to release all of the major players up-front so that if we don't get a second series, at least the "essentials" are available to own.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It doesn't really go with what the showrunners are trying to push about different body types, though.
    What they want to do doesn't translate to toys well because it isn't cost effective. Good message that we are all different in body types but business wise not really.
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They actually look really cool for dolls. I like how they are a middle ground between new versions and old versions.

Edit: Next to the She-Ra doll you can see another figure's "hand", perhaps this is another figure in the line?
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; July 15, 2019 at 05:57am.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

From Darren's Instagram page -

Look who is starting to make an appearance at Target! Check out the original post for pics of the rest of the line! Squee! I designed She-Ra and the packaging (artwork came from Dreamworks, layout and Blister design by me!) the other. Dolls were done by @the_ageofa !

Question: The one that comes with shadow weaver is barbie size?

Darren (vitamin_d_81): yes! She-Ra has a similar body to the WWE dolls. Her torso is updated though with a smaller chest, plus she has new hands and new lower legs with less arched feet.

Question: She looks so freaking cute!! Is it me or she slightly different than the SDCC version? Her capes looks shorter and some fabrics look different maybe? Still gorgeous though, love her!!!

Darren (vitamin_d_81): yes, the two she-ra’s are different! the one with Shadow Weaver has 20” of hair with shimmer shine, a super long double sided foil cape, her outfit is made of a white pleather with ribbon detail on the shorts, her sword has glitter in it, and she has an extra paint application on her boots!

CORRECTION - Darren (vitamin_d_81): i meant 10” of hair, lol

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    As always, THANKS Tallstar!
    <3

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Interesting that the two She-Ra's are different scales...

​​
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Question: Are the clothes and armor removable? I kinda want to try my hand at doing some paint work on the armor to make it shinier and replacing the skirt with a less transparent material as well as doing full on alternate outfits sometime (I really want to do princess prom outfits).

Darren (vitamin_d_81): yes, their clothes/ armor is removable!

I wonder if my daughter is going to be into these at all. I am still very meh about the designs. I didn't even bother with season two and my Netflix is now canceled (after binge watching Stranger Things).
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I wonder if my daughter is going to be into these at all. I am still very meh about the designs. I didn't even bother with season two and my Netflix is now canceled (after binge watching Stranger Things).
    Eh Netflix has a ton of old stuff that is reason enough to stay subscribed in my book.

That being said I can't really get the logic of people who get Netflix just for one or two shows, cause it just seems like a waste of money if one isn't getting it with the larger libray of stuff in mind.
    Last edited by A Dalek; July 15, 2019 at 04:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Eh Netflix has a ton of old stuff that is reason enough to stay subscribed in my book.

That being said I can't really get the logic of people who get Netflix just for one or two shows, cause it just seems like a waste of money if one isn't getting it with the larger libray of stuff in mind.
    There is not a lot of entertainment on there that I am comfortable with. I did like some of the history shows, but I only ever watched Stranger Things, Person of Interest and documentaries. There is a lot of trash on there.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    There is not a lot of entertainment on there that I am comfortable with. I did like some of the history shows, but I only ever watched Stranger Things, Person of Interest and documentaries. There is a lot of trash on there.
    I'd say there's alot fo good stuff animation wise, Dragon Prince, most of Dreamworks stuff, the whole Fate franchise, both versions of Fullmetal Alchemist, Transformers Prime, Little Witch Acadamia, Evangelion got recently added (even if the new dub os contoversial) and the old He-Man and She-Ra for th retro.

So as someone likes his animation, theres alot for me there.

Anyway in regards to the dolls, they arn't my kind of thing, but they good for what they are, so I hope they do ok in sales.
    Last edited by A Dalek; July 15, 2019 at 06:49pm.

Instagram SPOP doll gifs!

https://www.facebook.com/SheRaAndThe...7662118474233/

--------------------

She-Ra "Dress Up Set" at Target!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_D98tllxL/

--------------------

Battle Armor She-Ra and Swift Wind set at Target! ($29.99)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_K5OcFE2c/
    Last edited by Tallstar; July 16, 2019 at 02:22pm.

argh! i'm not finding them in the Target stores by me yet!!!! anyone else in Chicagoland seen these in the wild?
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I was told by Target that their distribution always goes from West Coast to East Coast. So if I see my friends in Texas finding them then it will take about a month to get them here in WNY.

Looks like the Swifty & She-Ra set is the $30 item. Not seeing the only at Target sticker on the dolls.

Heroic Warrior
    It's a shame Battle Armour She-Ra is so inaccurate, other than the torso armour. And Swifty's wings look incredibly cheap - are they just cardboard?

I guess they had to cut corners somewhere.

It's a shame Battle Armour She-Ra is so inaccurate, other than the torso armour. And Swifty's wings look incredibly cheap - are they just cardboard?

It's typical from the dolls lines, the inaccurate,the cheap horses ,it is not an action figures lines .
    All great stuff though.

Seeing all the different stuff i wonder if they are going to produce a full size sword of protection.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; July 16, 2019 at 10:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    argh! i'm not finding them in the Target stores by me yet!!!! anyone else in Chicagoland seen these in the wild?
    Kidscreen reported that the full range would be coming in August. So, even though the street date is today (Wednesday, July 17th), I have a feeling most Target locations won't have these on shelves for awhile yet. Still going to check my local store today though!

On a side note, sorry that I haven't been adding pictures to the opening post for the last few updates. The free image hosting service that I've been using for a couple of weeks is going away later in 2019. I'll probably add pictures of the new stuff soon, temporarily using the same service while it's still available, but I am NOT looking forward to going through past updates and replacing all those links. ha!

--------------------

From Darren's Instagram page -

Itís everyone favorite talking, flying, and all around amazing unicorn, Swift Wind!! Looks like he and Battle armor She-Ra are starting to make an appearance at Target stores. They have a do not sell until 7/17 (tomorrow). I designed the toy and packaging for this one! And @kristenlikeamazon did the beautiful artwork for the wings! @kittaya_papaya sculpted She-Ra and her armor! Posted @withrepost ē @monster.news @sabrinatwyla has shared this photo of the #SheraXMattel Shera and #swiftwind Set! Super cute! 🌈 #Shera #sheradolls #mattel

Question:
    what are the wings made of? Are they a plastic of material? I can see the wings are printed

Darren (vitamin_d_81): they are fabric, with a plastic skeleton underneath

Question: Is it the same mold as Monster High's Nightmare?

Darren (vitamin_d_81): no, unfortunately that mold had been destroyed 😔 so it wasnít available to use.

Yeah, I am really hoping my daughter does not ask for those because I am going to have to say no. They look terrible and cheaply made

I would definitely buy these except I don't really have room for any more figures/dolls and I've been mostly concentrating on my books/comics/graphic novels, CD's, and DVD's collections lately.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I checked Targets by my home and my work on Monday, and today by my home, and still have not found anything. Hope they start showing up soon!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Someone posted this update on the He-Man.org She-Ra fan page on Facebook -

Ok...so I checked with my friend who is a manager at a Target near me...yes today is the technical release date and yes some stores may have received the items but the actual "set", as in the date they reset the isle it's going to be in, is not until the 28th of this month. So many of us may not see them until then. Also, some stores may have product sitting in the back that will not make it out till that date... he said you can always ask and if the store has it they should bring it out to you. But I can confirm as of right now that there is not a store anywhere near NW Indiana that has stock at this moment...cause if there was...I'd be driving there now...

I’m sorry I know that everyone is caught up in the excitement of having She-ra back at retail but these dolls look very bland and generic. The new designs just don’t translate well in doll form. It also doesn’t help that both Bow and Glimmer look like knock off versions of their cartoon counterparts. This line is going to fail. There’s a lot of competition in the fashion doll industry right now and I see these getting lost in the mix. DC superhero girls failed with a similar concept, higher profile characters, and much prettier looking dolls. The WWE doll line also failed. There’s a reason that Mattel only teased certain aspects of the dolls. I can’t get over how bad Bow and Glimmer look.

I think these toys could end up like Thundercats (2011). Hard to get some characters the first month or so for a variety of reasons, then very plentiful. First shipments usually sell pretty fast, then once the diehards get theirs, does it resonant with the public at large? Thundercats did not. She-Ra we will see.