Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New She-Ra line coming to Target!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    They seem to be going like hotcakes, or are it just the Catras & She-Ras that keep selling out?
    It depends on the town and if there are a lot of collectors/resellers in the area. I think this is basically just the second shipment Target has gotten of these toys and it doesn't sound like they are getting a lot of boxes in at a time when they do, so what they have is pretty much put straight on the shelves. I'll be more interested in seeing how they do if Target starts getting some serious shipments in allowing for restocking right away or if the line starts spreading out to more general retail. There are a lot of lines that are hot at first, but then putter out when supply meets demand. The telling sign to the success of the line is if it is still around months after Christmas with new waves or if stuff starts getting clearanced out at some point in 2020. With the limited release, I'd say demand is bigger than supply currently. I still think they miscalculated not putting more Catras in the wave. Usually, only 1 figure gets short packed in a toy wave, but in this wave it is everyone but She-Ra.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    These donít sell very well in my area. I live in the suburbs with a lot of young families though. It seems like this show has become popular with older generations so maybe the demographic is just not supported here. I show my daughter every time we go by Target and she has no interest. She wants all he vintage line though in pristine condition (which I canít afford).
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I wonder how the toyline is doing. Usually, the exclusive thing drops off after a couple months and if the toyline is popular enough it gets a general release to other major chains like Walmart. They never even had the "Only at Target" on the packaging when I saw them at my local Targets. I also thought we'd see a Wave 2 by now in time for the holidays and new episodes on Netflix. I figured it would at least get a Wave 2 before fizzling out. If not much is heard by January, it is probably not a good sign.