Thread: Display Case for Snake Mountain Research

Display Case for Snake Mountain Research

Hi Everyone!

I've been looking around for what that best display case options are for when my Snake Mountain arrives. I live in the desert so absurd amounts of dust collect on a weekly basis and I'd rather not have to clean everything regularly.

Since Snake Mountain will be the center piece to my toy collection, I've been planning on displaying a mashup of pop culture icons from my collection (RGB, Neca Batman/Terminator/Predator/Alien/TMNT, SOTA Street Fighter) alongside my MOTUC figures. So the display case I've been seeking will need to be spacious enough to allow for figures surrounding the base of the mountain or other diorama pieces I add.

The closest example can be seen in 2018's Super7 Hordak's Lair pop-up.

20180718-S7_hordaks_lair-04.jpg

That acrylic case looks massive! And it looks like the perfect size for my plans since I'll probably need a 4x1.5x5 ft. 5-sided case (my base will probably be a table I create or repurpose).

I've looked at the following sites so far:

Another option would be to DIY with cut pieces of acrylic.

Anyone else on the same quest or have anything similar for your collection? I'll update with new examples posted below.
    Last edited by anti_climacus; June 25, 2019 at 08:27pm. Reason: Updated List

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I believe Super7 got their case made via Tap Plastics, if that helps:

https://www.tapplastics.com/?gclid=E...SAAEgIe0_D_BwE
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Thanks so much!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm building one. I won't be displaying it open though. To big and my case will have to be the same size as my castle case so they can be stacked. The inside will be a dioramma setting. I have yet to build the castle one yet lol. Haven't thought out plans or took measurements. I'm limited on space so I have to custom build cases to fit in places and diorammas is the reason I got caught up in this mess of toy collecting as an adult bs and i ain't dusting ish. That thing you showed up there that s7 had is no more than a fishtank. Something to keep in mind, glass is cheaper than plexi, not sure about acrylic. Having a glass shop whip up a custom tank might not be to expensive compared to a plastic.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I hadn't considered fishtanks! Thanks for the suggestion!

Court Magician
    For my displays, I use shelving units with acrylic sheets on the front.

The short version is: Buy a Stäckūbe (available at Menards) or a different box to use for the display. Attach mirror clips at the bottom and movable storm door clips at the top to hold the acrylic sheets. You can get mirror clips and storm door clips at hardware stores. Acrylic sheets can be purchased at hardware stores and cut down, or you can order specific sizes at places like TapPlastics.com.

Examples here:

http://nudjfudge.com/2015/08/30/my-current-collection/