Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10 New to 5.5” Characters You Want in MOTU Origins

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    MOTU Origins is what Mattel has been saying in social media
    Ah, okay, so Mattel has officially referred to this two-pack as Origins...

Quote Originally Posted by ramaman View Post
    I agree.

I don't see this as a big line. I see it as a nice tight collection of A-list characters from the original comics, and then end it.

No need to go too deep and water it down with obscure characters only a few know.

Make the choices meaningful and just do those 100% and call it a day. A lucky day for MOTU.
    I agree... A-List only and pretty tightly-knit.

Similar to Funko's 5.5" lines, MOTUO could be a small line of recognizable characters that will perform well at certain retail locations.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ah, okay, so Mattel has officially referred to this two-pack as Origins...

I agree... A-List only and pretty tightly-knit.

Similar to Funko's 5.5" lines, MOTUO could be a small line of recognizable characters that will perform well at certain retail locations.
    I like the idea of this as a fairly tight line but I also like the idea of the movie figures being done in this style and proportions.

5.5 squat is kind of a “Super Deformed” style.

And after the movie, maybe you do more lines building on this.

One of the “issues” with MOTUC is a brand refresh is needed every 18 months or so.

Hasbro created Transformers Classics as a line to fill gaps between Animated and Bayverse. It’s still going but has had regular themed name changes.

Maybe after the movie, you come back in swinging with a Vs. Snakemen theme in the same style. Snake Armor He-Man, King Hssss in a couple of styles, Re-do Snakemen, Concept Snakemen including Snake Mountain Man and Lady Slither, Clamp Champ (his gimmick makes sense for snakes), He-Ro, King Grayskull, Sharella, Veena. “He-Man must go back in time to defeat an ancient evil!”

Then maybe the next line you go Filmation or have Baron Karzo leading a rogues gallery of Big Bads (Negator, Plundor, Faker, etc.) against Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Armor Teela, Battle Armor Man at Arms, Battle Armor Sorceress (Veena retool), Battle Armor Skeletor. “He-Man’s greatest enemies have taken over Castle Grayskull and plan to use the Starseed to destroy Eternia! Now He-Man and his allies must team-up with Skeletor to save their world!”

You don’t just do “Classics” for 10 years. You do a new compatible line every 18 months with a theme and story hook. And following Transformers’ lead with Combiner Wars/Titans Return, etc., you take something like Battle Armor and give it to a bunch of characters who never had it before alongside the ones who did. Or you make fighting Snakemen a big hook and have all the Snakemen’s enemies unite. Maybe you do a whole Martial Arts/Gladiator line at some point.

You take one thing from vintage and turn it into a complete line.

Heman, skeletor, merman, beastman trapjaw, triklops, manatarms, orko, teela, fisto

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    My understanding of what Origins is supposed to be (and this is just me guessing) is that these are 5.5" figures of characters as they were depicted in earliest media (comics, box art, etc). So far we have a 5.5" Prince Adam as first shown in DC Comics mini-series from '82 and He-Man as depicted in the Alcala mini-comics.
    So based on those two reveals alone, my "Top Ten" that are "new" in this particular style 5.5" scale would be:

Alcala Teela
    Point Dread storybook Zodac
    Alcala Man-At-Arms
    Alcala Mer-Man
    Alcala Skeletor
    Cardback Art Evil-Lyn
    DC Comics Randor
    DC Comics Marlena
    Alcala Green Goddess
    Mini-Comics Tri-Klops
    Now that we've seen more figures and realize that this isn't a line strictly based off of early media appearances, I'm changing my Top Ten up a bit (plus we're already getting some of the ones I had listed):

Zodac
    Tri-Klops
    Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Queen Marlena (Filmation)
    King Randor (Filmation)
    Orko
    Sy-Klone
    Mekaneck
    Rokkon

So excited for this line!

1. Cringer - straight away please!
    2. Shadow Weaver
    3. Bow & Kowl
    4. Ram Man
    5. Hordak & Imp - Filmation style
    6. Kobra Khan
    7. Man-E-Faces
    8. Fisto
    9. The Sorceress
    10. Horde Trooper
    Last edited by Fandabidozi; July 18, 2019 at 10:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Now that we've seen more figures and realize that this isn't a line strictly based off of early media appearances, I'm changing my Top Ten up a bit (plus we're already getting some of the ones I had listed):

Zodac
    Tri-Klops
    Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Queen Marlena (Filmation)
    King Randor (Filmation)
    Orko
    Sy-Klone
    Mekaneck
    Rokkon
    Would Orko be a Classics re-release?

1. Mer-Man (Vintage toy accurate! Not the Alcala version. Not the cardback vesion.)
    2. Faker (Vintage toy accurate)
    3. Zodac (Vintage toy accurate)
    4. Stinkor (Vintage toy accurate)
    5. Scareglow (Vintage toy accurate)
    6. Trap Jaw (Vintage toy accurate)
    7. Clawful (Vintage toy accurate)
    8. Prince Adam (Vintage toy accurate)
    9. Two Bad (Vintage toy accurate but with arms at their side, not covering their faces)
    10. Roboto (Vintage toy accurate)

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    ****************8Mods: Can we please give Origins its own room, as well as the mega contrux, and reserve topics about MOTUC to this one?************
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    ****************8Mods: Can we please give Origins its own room, as well as the mega contrux, and reserve topics about MOTUC to this one?************
    We are working on it.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

I'd love to see vehicles and beasts that were never produced. Love love love to see Gigantasaurus, the Collector, filmation attack trak, Gyro-vehicle, bubble carriage. Also need the Giants, laser figures, photog, and the last unproduced wave.!

OK. Wait. So the 5.5 line with Super7 is done? With SDCC going on and all the videos and different topics I can't keep up. So is Origins supposed to take place of the 5.5 Super 7 line? If so it's like why did I even invest in the 5.5 line in the first place if its already dead. It doesn't make sense for both Super 7 and Mattel to be doing 5.5 lines at the same time. I'm so confused LOL. And Origins is their vintage look where Super7 is their Filmation look. Too much happening. #Arghhh.
    Last edited by depp76; July 20, 2019 at 11:28am.

This is what I want... http://www.motuportugal.com/motuv/motuvfigs.html

The entire original line done in Origins... and released in the same order of release as the original figures. Nothing more than that. Any other characters are unnecessary in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Metaltor View Post
    This is what I want... http://www.motuportugal.com/motuv/motuvfigs.html

The entire original line done in Origins... and released in the same order of release as the original figures. Nothing more than that. Any other characters are unnecessary in my view.