Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Three Terrors: Why didnít they make more of a splash?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    At first glance the thread looked like it was asking: "The Three Tenors: Why didn't they make more of a splash?" And I was thinking, geez -- Pavarotti, Domingo and Carreras? It doesn't get much bigger than that.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Becaus ethey were terrible designs and looked like cheap knock offs and the cartoon they were based on was awful.

Heroic Warrior
    My opinion is

- They did look a bit different and didn't invoke the nostalgia feeling from the Vintage collecting community
    - Super 7 were not that well know by the MOTU fandom and I think a lot of people missed them because they were not aware of them
    - Some collectors stopped collecting after Matty Collector ended
    - And of course there were the haters who don't buy S7 products but still feel the need to bash everything S7 release which might have dissuaded other collectors from buying

I thought they are fun and am happy to have them as part of my collection.

I think that most people slept on them because there seems to be more fans of the Classics line now than there is the Vintage line. Which, if that's your thing, cool. None of us would be here right now though if it wasn't for the 5.5 inch line.

And that's where my heart has always been. I bought MOTUC for years because it was the only MOTU toyline out, and Scott reassured us all that there was absolutely no market for the 5.5 inch style of figure. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

So when these were released, I snapped them up quickly and have done so with each succesive 5.5 inch release. I rarely shop locally anymore, but I made it a point to go into FYE and buy these off the rack. It was the first time since 1987 that I could walk in and buy a brand new character off the shelf for my original MOTU collection.

Sure, the Three Terrors are kinda goofy, but that's part of their charm. The cartoon wasn't great, but it was Skeletor voiced by Alan Oppenheimer.

I'm a 5.5 inch completist. Most people aren't. That's why I think they didn't make a splash. And I still think that Posessed Skeletor is one of the coolest releases ever.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I think that most people slept on them because there seems to be more fans of the Classics line now than there is the Vintage line. Which, if that's your thing, cool. None of us would be here right now though if it wasn't for the 5.5 inch line.

And that's where my heart has always been. I bought MOTUC for years because it was the only MOTU toyline out, and Scott reassured us all that there was absolutely no market for the 5.5 inch style of figure. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

So when these were released, I snapped them up quickly and have done so with each succesive 5.5 inch release. I rarely shop locally anymore, but I made it a point to go into FYE and buy these off the rack. It was the first time since 1987 that I could walk in and buy a brand new character off the shelf for my original MOTU collection.

Sure, the Three Terrors are kinda goofy, but that's part of their charm. The cartoon wasn't great, but it was Skeletor voiced by Alan Oppenheimer.

I'm a 5.5 inch completist. Most people aren't. That's why I think they didn't make a splash. And I still think that Posessed Skeletor is one of the coolest releases ever.
    I got all of them except Possessed Skeletor now he's going for

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$