Thread: Castle Grayskull side pictures

Castle Grayskull side pictures

I've been trying to find pictures of Castle Grayskull's lesser seen left side. The only photos I've seen are of the mini statue from Icon Heroes and packaging for it. Anyone know of any other depictions from that angle?

He-bro, that first one from the animated show looks like its got arms, I never noticed that.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

It must be really hard to keep a vase on a table in Castle Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    He-bro, that first one from the animated show looks like its got arms, I never noticed that.
    Some sor'ta 6 legged creature turned into a castle

Heroic Warrior
    I believe the original series bible states that the castle was built around a long sense dead, fallen giant. Hence, the bone structure and skull face. I prefer this origin over King Grayskull building it.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I believe the original series bible states that the castle was built around a long sense dead, fallen giant. Hence, the bone structure and skull face. I prefer this origin over King Grayskull building it.
    Really? I would love to read this bible. Is it published?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    I have to correct myself…I believe it was Mark Talor's original idea. I don't think it ever made it to the series bible. I think the bible can be found through the front page of this site.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    I believe the original series bible states that the castle was built around a long sense dead, fallen giant.

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Check Battle Ram's Blog, he has so much history on the line it should be there. He has I think like 3+ article on Castle Grayskull alone.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly i kind of prefer ANY origin over King Grayskull and Tytus building it. Really.... Grayskull should have been built by someone evil. It may be occupied by good or evil and whoever wins gets the power for sure... but it's original purpose SHOULD be SOMETHING sinister. It's just too.... creepy and intimidating to be built by heroic ancestor's in the name peace and prosperity. Good guys don't put Skulls on their doors and build trap doors over pits with monsters in them...

Frankly I'll always prefer the Fortress of power and mystery that nobody KNOWS it's origins.... but really you just know those origins must be dark...

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    but it's original purpose SHOULD be SOMETHING sinister. It's just too.... creepy and intimidating
    Like... Hall of Wisdom transformed into a creepy Castle in order to scare away anyone looking for power?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Like... Hall of Wisdom transformed into a creepy Castle in order to scare away anyone looking for power?
    Nahhhh still not sinister enough. The Hall of Wisdom should still be considered a 'good' place and slapping a skull on is just a bit weird.

Reminds me of the 200x when they showed Castle Greyskull 'new' with bright white paint job and it just looked... wrong...

MAYBE if King Grayskull was actually a despot who ruled through tyranny... and the story of Adam is actually REDEEMING the bloodline and using his power for Good instead of evil.... That could have been a fun twist. But building your 'good' base with a skull just to look cool... or to scare away peasants from halls of wisdom... i don't know, just anticlimatic.

Built from the bones of ancient giant god or something... that's kind of cool. I wonder if that's where 200x got the idea for Snake Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Honestly i kind of prefer ANY origin over King Grayskull and Tytus building it. Really.... Grayskull should have been built by someone evil. It may be occupied by good or evil and whoever wins gets the power for sure... but it's original purpose SHOULD be SOMETHING sinister. It's just too.... creepy and intimidating to be built by heroic ancestor's in the name peace and prosperity. Good guys don't put Skulls on their doors and build trap doors over pits with monsters in them...

Frankly I'll always prefer the Fortress of power and mystery that nobody KNOWS it's origins.... but really you just know those origins must be dark...
    Very creepy. Love it. You have quite a bit of thought into this. Did you ever jot down any ideas. I’d be interested in joining your news letter.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Icon heros castle grayskull

You also have the interpratation From Icon heros which has both the back and left side depicted

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    You also have the interpratation From Icon heros which has both the back and left side depicted
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...g?v=1449118190
    There it goes... Nice throw away..

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Ooooo yes! I have this…definitely my favorite physical version of Castle Grayskull!! And I DO Like the side not usually seen…nice added detail vs. what it looked like in the FILMation cartoon.