Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Wave 4 From Super7

Super7 has never delayed a wave release this long. With Mattel taking back controle of MOTU brand for their upcoming products and not letting other companies make MOTU product I suspect Mattel had something to do with the delays in super7 getting us the product on time. So it doesn't matter if someone purchased direct through Super7 or if they purchased through BBTS the waves were delayed and are coming in December. Super7 will get the product first before BBTS anyway.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Heroic Warrior
    The way they are taking pre-orders left and right and delaying products..I wonder if they even know what comes out when any more.
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

While I understand the bad feelings on the delay of these figures, this actually turns out to be a relief for me!

I've been out of regular employment since January, only able to find lower-paying jobs than what I am used to. Obviously, action figure collecting was one of the first things to go, and I had to cancel my pre-order for this set. Now, however, I'm finally back in the business that I'm used to, making the pay that I'm used to, and I am finally prepared to get these! I know mine is a bit of a special circumstance, but this delay actually worked out in my favor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Super7 has never delayed a wave release this long. With Mattel taking back controle of MOTU brand for their upcoming products and not letting other companies make MOTU product I suspect Mattel had something to do with the delays in super7 getting us the product on time. So it doesn't matter if someone purchased direct through Super7 or if they purchased through BBTS the waves were delayed and are coming in December. Super7 will get the product first before BBTS anyway.
    In a round about way but not the way you think. It's not like S7 gets their plastic from Mattel so couldn't make the figures. No, they found out Mattel was pulling the license, they already had our money from the MOTU Pre-order so they decided to use the factory to churn out Teen Wolf, Rocky, Breakin', Iron Maiden, etc. etc. etc. etc. Reaction Figures to stock their warehouse shelves with since they would be able to keep selling those/making money while Mattel had already told them they couldn't do another MOTU wave.

S7 chose to delay it 6 months so they could use their factory to make products they can continue to sell instead of one they already knew they couldn't continue to sell + already had our money for. Don't go blaming Mattel for Brian Flynn's decisions.

We paid in January, original ship date was June. Now it's Dec. The time it has been delayed is now longer than it's original pre-order to ship time. That means they most likely didn't even begin producing it until June when it should have been shipping. Had to get those Reaction figures nobody had pre-ordered made instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Dead View Post
    In a round about way but not the way you think. It's not like S7 gets their plastic from Mattel so couldn't make the figures. No, they found out Mattel was pulling the license, they already had our money from the MOTU Pre-order so they decided to use the factory to churn out Teen Wolf, Rocky, Breakin', Iron Maiden, etc. etc. etc. etc. Reaction Figures to stock their warehouse shelves with since they would be able to keep selling those/making money while Mattel had already told them they couldn't do another MOTU wave.

S7 chose to delay it 6 months so they could use their factory to make products they can continue to sell instead of one they already knew they couldn't continue to sell + already had our money for. Don't go blaming Mattel for Brian Flynn's decisions.

We paid in January, original ship date was June. Now it's Dec. The time it has been delayed is now longer than it's original pre-order to ship time. That means they most likely didn't even begin producing it until June when it should have been shipping. Had to get those Reaction figures nobody had pre-ordered made instead.
    Can you back up everything you just said with fact or is it just your opinion, because its sounds like your stating it as fact where I said in my post I suspect mattel had something to do with the delay meaning its my opinion only.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Can you back up everything you just said with fact or is it just your opinion, because its sounds like your stating it as fact where I said in my post I suspect mattel had something to do with the delay meaning its my opinion only.
    The fact that they showed the figures in one of the supercasts and the William Stout figures where at the exact same stage as these suggests at the very least they held off on beginning production of this wave for some time.

Let me speak on behalf of the many readers here and elsewhere, his opinion and the other's before him make much more sense than yours.

You always take Super7's posts or quotes as the holy written word, and you support them blindly regardless of the outcome! If so, why don't you actually show us factual documentations that support your posts and "opinions" instead of you keep asking people to support theirs, hmm?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    While I understand the bad feelings on the delay of these figures, this actually turns out to be a relief for me!

I've been out of regular employment since January, only able to find lower-paying jobs than what I am used to. Obviously, action figure collecting was one of the first things to go, and I had to cancel my pre-order for this set. Now, however, I'm finally back in the business that I'm used to, making the pay that I'm used to, and I am finally prepared to get these! I know mine is a bit of a special circumstance, but this delay actually worked out in my favor.
    That's awesome, man! Good to hear a good news story!

It actually works out for me at the moment too!
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

And people wonder why Mattel took the MOTU licence from Super 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Maybe Mattel finally received the replacement wave 1 Duncan figure that they sent back with reversed abs and now they have a Duncan with reversed arms....... and no mace.

"All right... that's it. We're pulling the plug!"
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

I think Mattel has something to do with it. My opinion based on observations. For a long time Super7 wasn't allowed to speak on the future of Classics. I also think S7 has something to do with it... Also my opinion based on observations. Specifically, it *appears* that they use payment for a new preorder to pay for something in the queue to be paid; so, if the Thundercats didn't generate enough revenue to make these waves, then perhaps they are waiting on TMNT preorders. Pure speculation on my part.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Let me speak on behalf of the many readers here and elsewhere, his opinion and the other's before him make much more sense than yours.

You always take Super7's posts or quotes as the holy written word, and you support them blindly regardless of the outcome! If so, why don't you actually show us factual documentations that support your posts and "opinions" instead of you keep asking people to support theirs, hmm?
    I couldn’t have said it better myself. I was convinced he was Brian Flynn for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by cappinfro View Post
    I couldn’t have said it better myself. I was convinced he was Brian Flynn for awhile.
    A lot of things can go behind the scenes that most of us are unaware of, and granted a lot of it can't be shared publicly!
    I work with people who are part of the toy industry and things could go in different directions unexpectedly, and sometimes you have to adapt to the changes if you're financially locked in, or just to keep the good relations intact for future endeavors!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Maybe Mattel finally received the replacement wave 1 Duncan figure that they sent back with reversed abs and now they have a Duncan with reversed arms....... and no mace.

"All right... that's it. We're pulling the plug!"
    Or maybe they finally got the Tri-Klops head and broke the neck peg trying to put on the new head.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Yeah...weird that...they must have finally seen Hawke, She Ra and teela!

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe they finally got the Tri-Klops head and broke the neck peg trying to put on the new head.
    I never even got a new head! but then I got a box of two waves (CC and CG) and of the 8 figures...5 were jacked up....Dear old Subpar7.
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Heroic Warrior
    No idea what the reason for any delays, but if mattel, then I ask, where's conan and toxic? They too seem to be late. Seems it's all late.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Dear old Subpar7.
    LOL very good. Granita didn't turn out that great either.
    At least you got a lovely neon green Tri-Klops you could also use as a reflector for a bicycle.
    5 out of 8...great quality control standards. That's even worse than my experience with NECA years ago with 4/8. Although to be fair two of them were very minor so it's really more like 2/8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    No idea what the reason for any delays, but if mattel, then I ask, where's conan and toxic? They too seem to be late. Seems it's all late.
    Mattel are so clever they can even effect products they have nothing to do with. Although maybe it's an issue with them being on the Classics buck?

Heroic Warrior
    LOL very good. Granita didn't turn out that great either.
    At least you got a lovely neon green Tri-Klops you could also use as a reflector for a bicycle.
    5 out of 8...great quality control standards. That's even worse than my experience with NECA years ago with 4/8. Although to be fair two of them were very minor so it's really more like 2/8.

- - - Updated - - -

Mattel are so clever they can even effect products they have nothing to do with. Although maybe it's an issue with them being on the Classics buck?
    Perhaps.. it was a thought. There could be countless reason we all can think of, but the truth is something we won't ever know. Unless that is they do one of them videos they do and explain what's going on, but I doubt it. Like the dude few comments up said, there's things in business not just toy business that can't be discussed publicly and things change often. It's better to not say a thing to the public and just roll with the punches to avoid flak from either end.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Perhaps.. it was a thought. There could be countless reason we all can think of, but the truth is something we won't ever know. Unless that is they do one of them videos they do and explain what's going on, but I doubt it. Like the dude few comments up said, there's things in business not just toy business that can't be discussed publicly and things change often. It's better to not say a thing to the public and just roll with the punches to avoid flak from either end.

Yes it's true and very frustrating when you legally can't say certain things in business deals.

We all know Super7 does their best. And delays from Super7 are not uncommon, as we've seen over the years.
    They aren't going to take anyone's money and run. They want to be in business for a long time to come and they aren't going to risk ruining their reputation by doing something horrible.
    I say just give them some time, and let them update as they are able. They've always delivered over the past few years. I don't see that changing with this last bit of Classics product.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Yes it's true and very frustrating when you legally can't say certain things in business deals.
    Yup.. and then it leaves fans and customers to speculate and argue over it haha. I'm never in a rush to get my things, but I am curious on what the hold up is but also don't pay to much mind on that stuff. I start getting antsy when everyone starts posting pics of their stuff and then all the complaints lol, then I need to have them in hand to see for myself. But during the duration of it, I barely think about stuff that's on preorder.

Granita didn't turn out that great either.
    My Granita is perfect. Did you get her? Just checking on why you’d say she’s not great? I know people (including me) expected a dark green TriKlops but I love that figure still. Probably more so because that green is my favourite colour

- - - Updated - - -

Very true! The sad part is people get upset and their imaginations start running wild and rumours start spreading like wildfire. I won’t deny that I am very impatient and I check this site daily to see if there is news. Knowing something is better than knowing nothing so I get it, but I have been in a position many times where some info remains confidential until their time is right to become public; and even then those who don’t know why it was done still don’t get it and remain angry. It is a catch22 situation nonetheless. But there is always a reason. Nobody likes just keeping quiet to willfully upset people. The world works in mysterious and interesting ways! That’s part of the ride, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    My Granita is perfect. Did you get her? Just checking on why you’d say she’s not great? I know people (including me) expected a dark green TriKlops but I love that figure still. Probably more so because that green is my favourite colour

- - - Updated - - -

Very true! The sad part is people get upset and their imaginations start running wild and rumours start spreading like wildfire. I won’t deny that I am very impatient and I check this site daily to see if there is news. Knowing something is better than knowing nothing so I get it, but I have been in a position many times where some info remains confidential until their time is right to become public; and even then those who don’t know why it was done still don’t get it and remain angry. It is a catch22 situation nonetheless. But there is always a reason. Nobody likes just keeping quiet to willfully upset people. The world works in mysterious and interesting ways! That’s part of the ride, right?
    No I didn't get her because she was released during my hiatus from MOTUC, Not that I would have bought her regardless, her proportions look off. I heard the armour also didn't stay on very good.
    I have no doubt you love Granita but you even love Classics Pumyra. What did you think of Teela?
    Living in the emerald isle, the land of the forty shades of green even I have my limits of what shades of green I like. The colour of Tri-Klops doesn't bother me as I didn't buy it, but I don't like the way they switched his colour after showing a different colour for the pre-order.
    Last edited by Mark M; October 8, 2019 at 03:16pm.

No I didn't get her because she was released during my hiatus from MOTUC, Not that I would have bought her regardless, her proportions look off. I heard the armour also didn't stay on very good.
    I have no doubt you love Granita but you even love Classics Pumyra. What did you think of Teela?
    Living in the emerald isle, the land of the forty shades of green even I have my limits of what shades of green I like. The colour of Tri-Klops doesn't bother me as I didn't buy it, but I don't like the way they switched his colour after showing a different colour for the pre-order.
    Nah my Granita is superb. Her pieces do fit after I figured them out, but they’re heavier than the two boys’. Of course I love Pumyra, even if she’s a tad tall. My Teela came out great. A bit short but her face is lovely. I totally get that people were upset with the colour change. I think though for wave 4 that S7 won’t be making any drastic changes after that. (And ps one can’t ever have enough green...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Nah my Granita is superb. Her pieces do fit after I figured them out, but they’re heavier than the two boys’. Of course I love Pumyra, even if she’s a tad tall. My Teela came out great. A bit short but her face is lovely. I totally get that people were upset with the colour change. I think though for wave 4 that S7 won’t be making any drastic changes after that. (And ps one can’t ever have enough green...)
    I didn't like Teela's face but it was a bit better than Mattel's CG Teela...that was a mess. I think the Super 7 vintage figures face sculpts look a lot better, Teela especially.
    Green Rules