Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wave 4 From Super7....When Does It Ship?

Heroic Warrior
    So it was confirmed that this wave is due in Feb 2020?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    So it was confirmed that this wave is due in Feb 2020?
    No.... February 2021.

But, don't worry... I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Super7 is launching all of these new licensed toys after collecting our pre-order money for William Stout, Wave 4, SM, and Conan.... right...?

I jest... I don't know if it is actually Feb. '20 or not. I don't think an official date has been given yet (other than the one they told us when we pre-ordered... )...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

IĎm not aware of any news regarding another official delay to February 2020 - neither on Facebook nor from a German retailer.

Current official shipping date is December 2019.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Ok gang, this thread has gone off the rails with the back and forth comments against each other. Let's stay on topic, respecting each other and Super7. Thanks.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    ...not familiar with a gap like this (planned gaps or unplanned gaps) between waves.

It's kinda unprecedented, isn't it?

I suppose if you haven't been buying them consistently for a few years, you wouldn't even know if this was going on...if it even is going on (?) I'm not a mathematician

That said: IF this is occurring AND there are many like myself who've been buying for many years, then maybe some of the heat felt here in this thread is simply a jonesing/craving for a fix and being unavailable to get it in the usual time period they're used to. That's what it feels like for me anyway....like, its the longest I've gone without new MOTUCs regardless of Wave 4 being notably late specifically.
    I completely agree with this. Not having any new MOTUC for so long is killing me. And the last CG wave was mostly PoP.

The only other time we had a gap like this was when MOTUC switched from Mattel to S7. And that too, was a very tumultuous time. At least then we knew S7 was going to save us. This time, for all intents and purposes, is the end of MOTUC. Itís pretty sad. And we canít even truly start mourning until this wave ships, which is adding insult to injury with the delays.

People are upset with the wait but more upset with the lack of communication I think. The wait can't be helped given that we chose to do business overseas. We'd probably already have our figures long ago if we manufactured them here but they'd also be a million dollars a piece. What a great system. That's beyond Brian's control though. The communication however, there is really no excuse for. It doesn't matter anyway, most of you, including myself, that has bashed Super 7 for this or that will still buy from them (even if you say you won't) just like when Mattel was selling the Classics. There is no other place to get MOTU figures for better prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    People are upset with the wait but more upset with the lack of communication I think. The wait can't be helped given that we chose to do business overseas. We'd probably already have our figures long ago if we manufactured them here but they'd also be a million dollars a piece. What a great system. That's beyond Brian's control though. The communication however, there is really no excuse for. It doesn't matter anyway, most of you, including myself, that has bashed Super 7 for this or that will still buy from them (even if you say you won't) just like when Mattel was selling the Classics. There is no other place to get MOTU figures for better prices.
    Very sensible. Communication can be better, and without it, people are going to draw their own conclusions. Also, I know that people are saying that these are only toys, but that should be no reason for a free pass on the delay. (Transformers delays also do not justify.) We're talking $300-$600+ being held for over a year. This is not excusable in any other industry that I'm aware of. And yes, people can get their money back at any time, but there's also a missed opportunity. Brian and team seem to be really nice people, but more communication would go a long way.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Lot of truth in this post. Very sensible.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Wave 4 From Super7....When Does It Ship?

I really feel let down. I understand growing pains. I understand getting your feet under you while you try a new thing. I totally get taking time to get things right. I have a really high ďspoo happensĒ tolerance. Iíve purchased all of Super 7ís MOTUC figure offerings, knowing that itís been on life support this whole time and that it was going to be a short ride. But a short ride doesnít have to be so dang frustrating.

Corking the prices up to $45 on future Ultimate style figures really doesnít help things. Those Turtles figures are something Iíve wanted for years (vintage toy style, not cartoon or comic). Those Conan figures can serve as MOTUC stand ins during lean times, bolstering our barbarian hordes. I know Iím judging things that havenít happened yet but I just canít do it anymore.

Heroic Warrior
    communication would go a long way. Thing is, instead of letting us know 2 months before ship date that the product will not be shipped on time they say nothing as the ship date passes, the month after the ship date, etc. Very little respect shown for their consumer.

Why do you think manufacturing being in China has to do with anything? All of their toys are manufactured at their factory in China. We haven't gotten our figures yet because every week S7 unveils a new line of toys for sale that they chose to manufacture instead of our figures that we already paid for. Every week when you get that email from S7 with the new figures you can buy on their webstore, those are the figures they decided to manufacture earlier this year instead of the figures we already paid them to make for us.

It's simple. Since Mattel won't let them take a pre-order for another MOTUC wave, S7 can't make any more money from the line while they change the factory over to produce our figures. All the money they can make from the line is what we already paid them at the beginning of the year and has been sitting in the bank. As such, they have been pushing back the manufacture of our figures so they could use the factory to churn out all these other figure lines they've been selling over the past 6 months. Once their warehouse is stocked full of all these other ReAction figure lines, Japanese vinyl figures, etc. to sell on their webstore THEN they finally manufacture our MOTUC figures. This way they can keep making money from other figure lines while their factory is manufacturing our figures since they can't take another MOTUC pre-order to bring money in. It has nothing to do with China. It's still a month long boat ride, same as it was last year. It didn't suddenly become a 9 month long boat ride.

This is purely a personal opinion and if it doesn't sit well with your life principle you don't have to take it and just stick to whatever belief in life you have.

Well.... my happiness really depends mostly as long as these Club Grayskull (and Thundercats) be made and gets in my hands eventually. If that happens it will equate to my happiness.

Waiting is frustrating.
    Lack of communication is spoopty.
    Delay is always unwanted

At this moment I support any company that makes MOTU Classics, I'm glad Super7 exist when Mattel lose interest. I'm glad nowadays Mattel is renewing interest in MOTU, hope it is strong enough for them to make Classics when if they decided to stop Super7 from doing it. I hope I can support other company in the future if they will make MOTU Classics when Mattel or Super7 will not. But now. Super7 is that company and that Brian guy is one cool guy so a support from a minor guy like me is a no brainer.

Happiness, no one truly has it 100%, but we can be close to that if we put things in perspective .

Someone pointed out that Classics is in life support, and yes it seems as it is and frustration on a life supported toy line is inevitable.

Wave 4 can come now, or tomorrow, or next month or maybe the next next month, so be it. I really don't care on the "when" because I know it will come (very soon), my concern really is if there will be an assurance of next wave, whether it is from Super7 or Mattel it really doesn't matter because both shown that either of them is capable.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; October 22, 2019 at 06:11am.

I cannot but chuckle when I think of all the nitpick complaints that were addressed at Toyguru back in the days, when we were regularly receiving one/two figures per month, and they were enormously cheaper.
    Oh, and we had somebody who actually listened to input from the fanbase and was all about communication.

My opinion is that we deserve S7 treatment. If opening to the fans results in all that hassle, why bother?
    Perhaps if we had not been the crybabies that we were back then (BBB and all), now we would still be getting plenty of cheaper figures and vehicles from Mattel. Who knows?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    I cannot but chuckle when I think of all the nitpick complaints that were addressed at Toyguru back in the days, when we were regularly receiving one/two figures per month, and they were enormously cheaper.
    Oh, and we had somebody who actually listened to input from the fanbase and was all about communication.

My opinion is that we deserve S7 treatment. If opening to the fans results in all that hassle, why bother?
    Perhaps if we had not been the crybabies that we were back then (BBB and all), now we would still be getting plenty of cheaper figures and vehicles from Mattel. Who knows?
    This Comment Wins!!

So true....Subpar7 is Karma!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; October 22, 2019 at 09:02am.
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

I like most of what Super7 has put out and I think they tend to do a pretty good job (though they have their share of flaws).

I don't follow many companies on facebook but the company who does the best job of keeping folks updated is NECA. NECA is phenomenal in keeping folks updated and they don't even usually do direct preorders. They actually release monthly calendars with the shipping dates for product for the coming month, they give tentative dates for items but revise as needed, and they actually post pictures of their figures while they're works in progress. Sometimes that's unpainted figures, sometimes it's a test shot, sometimes it's simply unassembled pieces or a piece of an accessory. No, they don't do videos or stuff, but their simple pictures and communication always ensures that their customers know where most stuff stands.

And yes, I definitely will defend Scott's record since while he was brand manager I can think of one month where an item didn't ship. That had to be some insane pressure, especially in an industry like the toy industry where apparently unforeseen circumstances are always happening. You can question those sales tactics all you like but Scott gave very consistent updates about what was coming and when.

If Super7 would weekly show some pictures of where figures are in the process, be a bit more proactive with providing release updates, and simply have more of a presence, I think collectors would be far more forgiving and far more excited about their product.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Just checking in with Super-7. What's that? Super-7 not communicating well, shipping delays at an egregious level, and revealing pre-orders of items/skus that are at more than 8 times the amount of product that actually releases in a given year? All is as it should be. Carry on.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Just checking in with Super-7. What's that? Super-7 not communicating well, shipping delays at an egregious level, and revealing pre-orders of items/skus that are at more than 8 times the amount of product that actually releases in a given year? All is as it should be. Carry on.

https://media.tenor.com/images/84bfb...6b4f/tenor.gif

The Truth hurts..its also HILARIOUS! well played!

Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I like most of what Super7 has put out and I think they tend to do a pretty good job (though they have their share of flaws).

I don't follow many companies on facebook but the company who does the best job of keeping folks updated is NECA. NECA is phenomenal in keeping folks updated and they don't even usually do direct preorders. They actually release monthly calendars with the shipping dates for product for the coming month, they give tentative dates for items but revise as needed, and they actually post pictures of their figures while they're works in progress. Sometimes that's unpainted figures, sometimes it's a test shot, sometimes it's simply unassembled pieces or a piece of an accessory. No, they don't do videos or stuff, but their simple pictures and communication always ensures that their customers know where most stuff stands.

And yes, I definitely will defend Scott's record since while he was brand manager I can think of one month where an item didn't ship. That had to be some insane pressure, especially in an industry like the toy industry where apparently unforeseen circumstances are always happening. You can question those sales tactics all you like but Scott gave very consistent updates about what was coming and when.

If Super7 would weekly show some pictures of where figures are in the process, be a bit more proactive with providing release updates, and simply have more of a presence, I think collectors would be far more forgiving and far more excited about their product.

Silence is still better than outright lies. People seem to forgive and forget NECA isn't so perfect either.

The delay is unfortunate--still not as bad as some as mentioned--but there may indeed be some legal reason. Still a little more transparency would be appreciated where possible, and hopefully the wait will also mean this last set will be perfect! Be great to send this line off on a high note.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; October 23, 2019 at 09:38am.

Lol, I don't know if I want to be mad at Super 7 or shake their hand for their negligence. They're kind of an ingenious company if you really think about it. See, I could complain til I'm blue in the face about how unnecessarily horrid their communication is, and it is awful, but the truth is that they know I'm still buying from them when I can. Not because of my loyalty to Super 7, but because of my loyalty to Masters of the Universe. Right now, Super 7 is the only place we can get these for a semi-decent price (nothing they release is anywhere near a decent price so I've labeled it semi-decent). Way to go Super 7, way to go....

Super7 is pretty poor with communication and there is no question about that. Did they even tell Snake Mountain customers who purchased from them directly that the delivery date has been pushed back 6 months? Entertainment Earth has that information, but it would have been nice to let customers know rather than having people find it out from a third party if they know where to look. I understand that delays are part of the process, but Super7 seems to be overly optimistic with their production schedule when they are taking money for preorders and then they wait until very late, if at all, to communicate delays.

Well, when there is nothing to talk about, this is what happens.

I have wave 4 set of 6 figures at $243.40
    I have classics wave 3(movie) 2 sets plus 1 Conan at $338.73
    I have snake mountain payment plan(all paid) at $780.00

Total amount of money that super7 has of mine. $1362.13

I have faith, but damn some comments by Brian would really go along way.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

I got the same amount! That really added up earlier this year, didn't it?

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I understand that delays are part of the process, but Super7 seems to be overly optimistic with their production schedule when they are taking money for preorders and then they wait until very late, if at all, to communicate delays.
    I don't know....Perhaps I'm just from another planet, but where I'm from the word "delay" is used sparingly and isn't used to seemingly describe every item that ships. That's a WHOLE different issue when it gets turned into an ALL THE TIME scenario like we're seeing here.

Something's not right on their end for this to be happening all the time and BEFORE anyone chimes in and says that this is a toy industry wide issue, let me chime in and ask then how the hell Scott and company just about FLAWLESSLY avoided it for X amount of years????

The reason why the communication has gone down IMO is because I think that they know that "new" tidbit of news is likely to change at any given time. There's only so many times that you can put out a message before it's like "Geez we're making ourselves look even worse then we already are by saying this stuff that we continuously have to change."

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

Consider yourself lucky. I'm in for all that plus more with the new TC and Turtles AND I ordered more then one set of each although, I smartened up and went a different "no upfront payment route" for the last two.

Maybe it's because they're simpler but Super7 does manage to always have new exclusives for each convention/ show they attend, so those are at least always on time. Maybe the bigger stuff is just too complex compared to the ReAction/ MUSCLE/ Keshi/ Vinyl stuff they usually deal with.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I don't know....Perhaps I'm just from another planet, but where I'm from the word "delay" is used sparingly and isn't used to seemingly describe every item that ships. That's a WHOLE different issue when it gets turned into an ALL THE TIME scenario like we're seeing here.

Something's not right on their end for this to be happening all the time and BEFORE anyone chimes in and says that this is a toy industry wide issue, let me chime in and ask then how the hell Scott and company just about FLAWLESSLY avoided it for X amount of years????

The reason why the communication has gone down IMO is because I think that they know that "new" tidbit of news is likely to change at any given time. There's only so many times that you can put out a message before it's like "Geez we're making ourselves look even worse then we already are by saying this stuff that we continuously have to change."

Consider yourself lucky. I'm in for all that plus more with the new TC and Turtles AND I ordered more then one set of each although, I smartened up and went a different "no upfront payment route" for the last two.

I have thundercats and turtles and the motu vintage along with ren and stimpy, voltron and toxic crusader through bbts, no money upfront. Yea, super7 has me by the you know what.
    Comedian on the matty forums.