Thread: Preternian Castle Grayskull

Heroic Warrior

Preternian Castle Grayskull

I was going back and watching the 200x series. I’d forgotten that Castle Grayskull was white when Grayskull died and had some detail differences (carved detail in silver bands on the towers with gold trim, more symmetrical bricks).

I know it’s all retcons but since He-Ro is said to die before Grayskull and a lot of 200x has entered the lore, has anyone done artwork or customs of a vintage 80s Preternian Castle Grayskull?

I’ve seen a few Etsy and eBay sellers doing novelty Grayskull customs but I’ve never seen a Preternian white Castle Grayskull, either 200x or Vintage.

I think it’d be a really cool facade for He-Ro and Eldor with a bit of putty/clay, a white coat of paint, some accents.

I got an extra vintage and 200X one I might have to try that

Heroic Warrior
    Here’s a quick album:

https://imgur.com/gallery/j8rkyI8

Like I say, color, more symmetrical bricks, the two bands under the windows.

Otherwise it’s “on model” with the MYP Grayskull.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    has anyone done artwork or customs of a vintage 80s Preternian Castle Grayskull?
    There does exist a different-looking Preternian Castle Grayskull in 80s materials.

It's by no means a "new invention" in 200x (just like they didn't invent the Mystic Wall, yet fans believe that).

80s-grayskull-different-preternia-look.jpg
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    There does exist a different-looking Preternian Castle Grayskull in 80s materials.

It's by no means a "new invention" in 200x (just like they didn't invent the Mystic Wall, yet fans believe that).

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...9&d=1562437228

80s-grayskull-different-preternia-look.jpg
    Reference appreciated! I wouldn’t mind seeing the deco tower bands from 200x added.

The lack of a jawbridge in favor of double doors is a neat touch.

This might be a very fun custom if budget ever permits.

@jukka, that's an awesome image! (I love the ghost in the lower right.) Is this from the minicomics?

Heroic Warrior
    So something that hit me on this:

I wonder if the Powers of Grayskull box art should be interpreted as Castle Grayskull.

That would make the deco a bit more interesting.

White Castle. The gray and gold decorative bands from 200x. Chrome skull with some translucent green overspray around the bottom of the cheeks and around the eye sockets with black sockets.