Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SDCC 2019 Reveals and Discussion Thread

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Were there any mentions of the classic She-Ra 12" dolls the Sander brothers created in the past? Last year at Power-Con they showed off a Netossa, Catra, Glimmer, etc....

I was hoping with this year's Starburst She-Ra, there might be plans for more.

Heroic Warrior
    The mega construx stuff looks good and I’m glad scareglow will be included in a set I hate trying to find these at retail. I was excited about origins until I found out that the figures aren’t based on the original designs and the wwe mashups ..... I’m speechless about it

Did Mattel officially state their reasons for holding the release date until fall 2020?!?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Did Mattel officially state their reasons for holding the release date until fall 2020?!?
    Not the sort of thing they’d usually comment on but probably to time closer to the movie release and to get 2-3 waves of WWE MOTU out ahead of Origins.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Like Cobrala said, I think it's to build holiday hype months before the movie and presumably movie tie ins.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

My opinion, is... unless they're going to be doing those dolls that the Sanders brothers showed, then I'm in.... Everything else is boop!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I was excited about origins until I found out that the figures aren’t based on the original designs...
    Yes, that was definitely a curve ball. I was really excited about Green Trap-Jaw.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Yes, that was definitely a curve ball. I was really excited about Green Trap-Jaw.
    I'm sure they will get to a green Trap-Jaw if the line is a success. I think comic based designs will be for kept as exclusives (think it was mentioned in the PD video)
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Widget
    Hey new member here. I’m going to powercon this year.

If anyone can clarify some things I would appreciate it.

Is the dealer room only open from 10to 12 and 2 to 4 only? The schedule of events lists this. Hard to believe the room Will only open for 4 hours.

I collect motu my friend collects turtles and transformers. Will any dealers have a selection of the latter two. I told him it’s not a turtle or tf con but he asked. Any insights would be appreciate it.

Hope to see everyone to powercon regardless

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'm sure they will get to a green Trap-Jaw if the line is a success. I think comic based designs will be for kept as exclusives (think it was mentioned in the PD video)
    I have a sneaking hunch retail He-Man won’t look as much like the SDCC figure as people think. The mock-up of packaging was a mock-up.

I bet he gets the “no dagger” boots without the lighter strip, possibly a different harness, and maybe a completely different head that’s Vintage He-Man smiling or something. Probably the two hands included that are needed for the sword and shields. My fear is that he’ll have unpainted bracers to replicate the old toy although I’d be down with the assymetrical bracers if painted.

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swindledestron View Post
    Hey new member here. I’m going to powercon this year.

If anyone can clarify some things I would appreciate it.

Is the dealer room only open from 10to 12 and 2 to 4 only? The schedule of events lists this. Hard to believe the room Will only open for 4 hours.

I collect motu my friend collects turtles and transformers. Will any dealers have a selection of the latter two. I told him it’s not a turtle or tf con but he asked. Any insights would be appreciate it.

Hope to see everyone to powercon regardless
    Hi there and welcome. No, the hours you are looking at are for the “toy room”, not the dealer room. The “toy room” is just the room where you go to pick up the exclusive toys that were preordered. So that pickup room closes for part of the day but the main dealer room is open the whole time.

There should definitely be some TF and TMNT items mixed in at some of the booths. MOTU is the focus but there are always some booths that bring a variety of brands
    Last edited by InspectorZartan; August 15, 2019 at 04:06pm.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer