Really want the Macho Man-at-arms

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    https://toynewsi.com/15-33984

- - - Updated - - -

Really want the Macho Man-at-arms
    Thanks, man!

Widget
    RE: SDCC exclusives

Fabulous news from my friend at SDCC who just confirmed our preorder for battle bones.
    The check in booth...It's at the back side of the store booth. It's just a table with a lady sitting there. All you do is show your badge, ID, and confirmation email. That's it. You don’t have to wait in the store line.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Not sure why they chose he-man to be mini comic style and the other 5 first wave figures to be toy version with minor details added with the faces...except beastman I guess. He kinda still looks off to me. I feel last year there were more interesting things to see with the 12" figures (with a nice vintage head) and the random slime pit he-man and anti eternia he-man they had on display in 5.5" scale. Just seems very underwhelming and not sure what they are trying to do. I'm way more pumped for mega construx than I thought I would be.

Getting back to "origins" I'm just confused as to what they were messaging to us. I really thought they would make them consistent to mini comic appearances which would have been cool but instead we get mini comic he-man and toy versions of the rest. It's fine if they want to make they vintage toy version...just correct he-man's colors and give him a proper vintage head.... not sure how I'm feeling about them really. I love motu and will probably get these regardless but I got to say I'm more on the classics bandwagon at this point. Should have kept it going.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Getting back to "origins" I'm just confused as to what they were messaging to us. I really thought they would make them consistent to mini comic appearances which would have been cool but instead we get mini comic he-man and toy versions of the rest. It's fine if they want to make they vintage toy version...just correct he-man's colors and give him a proper vintage head.... not sure how I'm feeling about them really. I love motu and will probably get these regardless but I got to say I'm more on the classics bandwagon at this point. Should have kept it going.
    I think you've summarised the key point rather nicely. As a retail line it will probably do okay, but it looks like they've already confused themselves about what this should be.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure why they chose he-man to be mini comic style and the other 5 first wave figures to be toy version with minor details added with the faces...except beastman I guess. He kinda still looks off to me. I feel last year there were more interesting things to see with the 12" figures (with a nice vintage head) and the random slime pit he-man and anti eternia he-man they had on display in 5.5" scale. Just seems very underwhelming and not sure what they are trying to do. I'm way more pumped for mega construx than I thought I would be.

I’m guessing at retail He-Man will be toy deco with the non-toy (not really Alcala) head.

The line is supposed to be vintage style figures with articulation and non-vintage heads.

They went Lords of Power/Alcala for the prototype because that’s what the prototype in the 80s was like before the line launched. It’s a preview of a line with an obscure deco that references the preview of the original line. It’s like if Hasbro previewed Transformers Siege with Siege Ultra Magnus deco’d like 70s Diaclone Powered Convoy or if Hasbro previewed a new G.I.Joe line by doing Action Team Joe Coulton as an exclusive. Or if they previewed a Star Wars line by doing a figure set based on George Lucas’ unproduced The Star Wars. Or a “Timely Legends” 1940s retro series pre-Marvel Invaders/All-Winners Squad.

Mattel could have gone even more obscure/retro and made the preview figure a barbarian version of Big Jim riding a normal orange tiger. Same idea.

They aren’t going to make Figure 1 in a line con exclusive so they came up with a Figure 0.

I would bet that at retail He-Man has a toy deco with no frosted boots. But they aren’t bothering to mock that up because they have a few thousand convention He-Mans on hand.

The bangs and bob head isn’t so much an Alcala head as it is a “new licensing guide” head based on Alcala and Filmation and other media sources. It goes with the new figures because the new figures all have heads meant to look different.

The pack in Exclusive is the toy-inspired head.

I think folks here are disappointed because they were reading into things too deeply.

Mattel is IMHO doing what makes sense to target MOTU casual fans and kids, the majority of whom probably never heard of MOTUC, Alcala, or He-Man.org. Nor has it “kept the brand alive” or mattered whether production continued on MOTU action figures. Super7 and Mad Dog and Mondo definitely showed there was passion and money in the hardcore fan base but plenty of BIG brands have hiatuses. There have been times when Flash or Green Lantern or Fantastic Four had no comic book. Transformers disappeared. Show some object permanence, people. :-D Something vanishing for awhile doesn’t mean it’s gone forever.

It was not essential to MOTU’s health that MOTU toys stayed in production for the last 10 years. Most people probably don’t know that they stayed in production. MOTU Classics wasn’t done for the good of MOTU as a brand. It did zero for that. It was done at modest or little profit for your benefit and to keep some passionate designers employed and generating concepts, not the good of the brand.

MOTUC was largely a vanity project — and a great one. Like NBC’s 30 Rock, which never had great ratings but was an NBC show about NBC and TV for and by people who are fascinated by NBC and TV. Or Community, which was a love letter of a show from Dan Harmon about TV and genre to people who are fans of TV and genre. (And, hey, there’s buzz that the Russo Brothers will be announcing that they’re directing a Community movie this morning!)

But let’s not pretend beautiful, well done vanity projects are what drive businesses (except maybe as “mascots” that establish a “personality” for a brand).

There are millions of MOTU enthusiasts. Most of them probably tossed their minicomics into the trash or a crate in the attic. Of those who read them, few could probably name Alfredo Alcala or Texiera or Bruce Timm. It’s great that we can but we’re a rounding error in the customer base.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Are they the only reveals this year ?
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Are they the only reveals this year ?
    What else would there be?

They've revealed 6 of the 8 MOTUO wave 1 figures.

They've revealed nearly a dozen MOTU wrestling figures.

And something like 4 vehicles, 2 beasts, a playset, and 20 more Mega Construx figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    What else would there be?

They've revealed 6 of the 8 MOTUO wave 1 figures.

They've revealed nearly a dozen MOTU wrestling figures.

And something like 4 vehicles, 2 beasts, a playset, and 20 more Mega Construx figures.
    I am asking this because I am not interested in what they have shown so far.
    To be clear I would have hoped some good news for Classics...

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Brian of Super7 said they have not lost the license but that he couldn't say much at this time except to look forward to Power Con in a month for new releases.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I cant help but feel underwhelmed by Mattel this sdcc. I expected to see the rebirth of the 12" vintage figures, an origins toyline that resembles the mini comic versions of characters, slime pit he-man in the 5.5 scale, new classics figures and filmation classics figures. We got a bunch of mega construx but they dont come out til spring!! All we got is 5.5 remakes with articulation.... In my best Kevin sorbo voice.... "DISAPPOINTED!!!!"

I cant help but feel underwhelmed by Mattel this sdcc. I expected to see the rebirth of the 12" vintage figures, an origins toyline that resembles the mini comic versions of characters, slime pit he-man in the 5.5 scale, new classics figures and filmation classics figures. We got a bunch of mega construx but they dont come out til spring!! All we got is 5.5 remakes with articulation.... In my best Kevin sorbo voice.... "DISAPPOINTED!!!!"
    Ya, agreed, I was expecting a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I am asking this because I am not interested in what they have shown so far.
    To be clear I would have hoped some good news for Classics...
    Agreed, these vintage appearing figures are drab.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Admiral Scurvy, Skytree and Songster.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    I’m a big fan of these. I wish they would adhere closer to comics material but I’m ok with what they are planning as of now.

We are going to need weapons packs, head packs, etc. somewhere in the line though.

While it is always nice to see more product, SDCC has brought confirmation of Mattel's commitment to a new refresh of vintage scale figures supported by media (mini-comics) as well as an effort with WWE to expand interest in the new MOTU Origins figures. We have the movie. We have lots of awesome Mega Construx figures and vehicles ... and cats!

Plus Brian has indicated there are still possibilities for Classics so the curtain has not definitely fallen on that awesome line.

I cannot help but feel Mattel's renewed interest in pumping out figures is a very positive sign for MOTU. I am excited for the future ... even if it seems we will be waiting longer than I would prefer for Origins to hit the shelves.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm not really surprised to see no announcements for Classics, but it seems weird that all of these announcements (and related threads) are in the Classics subforum. Shouldn't these be in the New Media subforum?

I’m pretty stoked for Origins, but I’m hoping Classics (CC) sees more.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Brian of Super7 said they have not lost the license but that he couldn't say much at this time except to look forward to Power Con in a month for new releases.
    If that is true Brian is a boss

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jokubas View Post
    I'm not really surprised to see no announcements for Classics, but it seems weird that all of these announcements (and related threads) are in the Classics subforum. Shouldn't these be in the New Media subforum?
    Big things are afoot. Keep reading the bios!

That being said, it's not new media, and it's not a licensed product. It's straight from Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    The new figures from Mattel are just…well…meh for me. I might pick one up if I see it…over a year from now.
    I just don't like the proportions or how the articulation ruins the sculpt (such as it is). Even standing up fully the legs look too short.
    And yeah Canada-Man I agree. It's confusing saying these are based more on the mini comics but then only releasing He-Man with a mini comic head/deco and no one else.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The more I look at the pics taken by pixel Dan and other sdcc attendee's the more the origins figures grow on me. I'm a sucker for motu so I know I'm getting them. I just hope I love them instead of just collect them for the sake of collecting them.

Overall this is probably the most disappointing sdcc for me in awhile as far as motu goes. I'm usually a strictly motu collector but the neca tmnt has piqued my interest so I may dabble in that line a bit too. Hopefully power-con has some cool reveals and super7 can reveal some classics based figures.

Oh and I'm really pumped for the mega construx motu. I just recently started picking them up and I thought the windraider was super fun to put together. I know I'm gonna get the castle at some point. The figures are a ton of fun too.

It wasn't a terrible sdcc. Just not that great for me.

Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    I’m looking forward to the Origins line, disappointed I won’t be adding them until next year, but I’m stoked we are getting them. Has anyone heard when/if Mattel plans release the SDCC exclusive to non attendees?

I know I've heard target is the distributor at retail for this line but has anyone heard who the international distributor's are?

Heroic Warrior
    I know I've heard target is the distributor at retail for this line but has anyone heard who the international distributor's are?
    Target is the She-Ra Exclusive retailer.

Walmart is the WWE MOTU mashup exclusive retailer.

I imagine MOTUO is going to be an all-retailer line. Walmart, Target, GameStop, pharmacies.