Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mega Construx Roton Official Thread

Looks amazing. Fun to boot. First MegaCon Merman yeah? Going to have to give Roton a different pilot. Luckily I always use variants as pilots and this line has plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Looks amazing. Fun to boot. First MegaCon Merman yeah? Going to have to give Roton a different pilot. Luckily I always use variants as pilots and this line has plenty.
    Definitely giving the Roton to Skeley from the Wind Raider set. He's just been standing around by himself while lucky He-Man gets a ride to fly...
    Last edited by rexerm; April 10, 2020 at 02:25pm.

[QUOTE=kernunrex;3878575]Definitely giving the Roton to Skeley from the Wind Raider set. He's just been standing around by himself while lucky He-Man gets a ride to fly...[/QUOTE

Good idea! Merman is awesome, but not who I picture piloting a Roton.

So much good in this set...my man Mer-Man, my favourite He-Man variant, Battle-Cat! And I never had it as a kid but I love the Roton.

And of course I love the box art on these. Essential!

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    What characters are confirmed in this set?
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Master of Mega Construx
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    What characters are confirmed in this set?

Great question Zargon. The set will officially includes Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Cat and Merman.

For those wondering, when we showed the first prototype of the Roton at SDCC last year, a comic-colored Stratos was part of the set (as Vladik841 and Ka Rot-Top mentioned). At the time, the set was supposed to retail for 30$. Stratos was removed during the design and development process. The good news is, the set will now be 24.99$

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Great question Zargon. The set will officially includes Battle Armor He-Man, Battle Cat and Merman.

For those wondering, when we showed the first prototype of the Roton at SDCC last year, a comic-colored Stratos was part of the set (as Vladik841 and Ka Rot-Top mentioned). At the time, the set was supposed to retail for 30$. Stratos was removed during the design and development process. The good news is, the set will now be 24.99$
    Will comic-coloured Stratos still be released?

At the time, the set was supposed to retail for 30$. Stratos was removed during the design and development process. The good news is, the set will now be 24.99$
    Amazing! count me in!
    This line is becoming one of all time favorites from the long time running history of the franchise, the mini Castle Grayskull I mean, simply it's just awesome to play and collect, this is only second to MOTUC for me now
    Hopefully more 80s forgottem vehicles such as attak trek, spydor, landshark and some filmation will be considered next. Love the custom work on the Starship Eternia too!

finally, just fantastic artwork on the box art / packaging
    Last edited by Triklops 1; April 13, 2020 at 06:16pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Really digging that this Roton set will also include Mer-man, Battle Cat, and Battle-Armor He-man; very nice. I hadn't realized that when I first read/heard about this. I would have gotten the Roton on it's own anyway, but these added figures are the icing on the cake

Kevin_MCX, is there a plan to release Blue Vest Adam at some point down the road? Perhaps single carded?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 15, 2020 at 03:54pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by kernunrex View Post
    Definitely giving the Roton to Skeley from the Wind Raider set. He's just been standing around by himself while lucky He-Man gets a ride to fly...
    Don't know why I didn't think of that. Definitely doing that. Thanks for the suggestion!

EntertainmentEarth now has this set available for pre-order - coming in July!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...layset/mtgph23
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I'm guessing that the Roton does not come with the canopy like the Classics version/Monogram model??
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

What about Stinkor and Fisto? Weren't they teased at the same time as the Point Dread and Roton sets?

I saw listings for both figures on BBTS a few days ago but now they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    What about Stinkor and Fisto? Weren't they teased at the same time as the Point Dread and Roton sets?

I saw listings for both figures on BBTS a few days ago but now they are gone.
    All 5 of the MOTU Heroes Series 2 figs are here:
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/126290

Panthor at Point Dread Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    It includes approximately 170 pieces, will retail for 24.99$, and will be available Fall 2020.
    Curiously, the latest pre-orders from various retailers keep showing $29.99 as the base price. Either they're all independently pricing the set $5.00 higher than what Mega Construx communicated to them, or I guess Mega Construx must have gone after all with the $29.99 price point. Kevin, if you happen to see this, would you have any insight? My order is already in -- with a retailer charging $20.21 -- so I'm all set personally, but am interested since this is starting to be a pattern.

roton prices.jpg
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

Scans of the instructions and parts list are posted over at Mega.

PDF

For anyone curious about how the big blade spins when you push the vehicle across a surface, it seems there are two different size wheels on this ride. One's large enough that its rubber tread makes contact with the blade, while the littler wheel has a tread but doesn't reach the blade. Hence, the action feature. Is this somewhat similar to how the vintage Roton worked? I never owned that toy.

roton wheels.jpg
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post

PDF

For anyone curious about how the big blade spins when you push the vehicle across a surface, it seems there are two different size wheels on this ride. One's large enough that its rubber tread makes contact with the blade, while the littler wheel has a tread but doesn't reach the blade. Hence, the action feature. Is this somewhat similar to how the vintage Roton worked? I never owned that toy.

roton wheels.jpg
    So for this to sit level, the bottom of both wheels are level which means the pins would need to be at different heights. Interesting.

Master of Mega Construx
    Curiously, the latest pre-orders from various retailers keep showing $29.99 as the base price. Either they're all independently pricing the set $5.00 higher than what Mega Construx communicated to them, or I guess Mega Construx must have gone after all with the $29.99 price point. Kevin, if you happen to see this, would you have any insight? My order is already in -- with a retailer charging $20.21 -- so I'm all set personally, but am interested since this is starting to be a pattern.

roton prices.jpg
    Not sure why that is, I'll send the info along to our Marketing team to see what's up. Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    So for this to sit level, the bottom of both wheels are level which means the pins would need to be at different heights. Interesting.
    That is true, the wheels have their centers at different heights. The first couple of steps of the build establish where the wheels will later go. One wheel goes onto this red 1x2 plate via that plate's little horizontal axle, and the other wheel goes into the black 1x2 brick with the hole in the center. At least I'm fairly sure I got that right.

roton attach wheels.jpg

Not sure why that is, I'll send the info along to our Marketing team to see what's up. Thanks for the heads-up!
    Sure thing, my man!

My Mega Construx gallery

PDF

roton wheels.jpg

That is an odd setup to make the blade spin. Guess it will be mostly hidden though.

The original wasn't done this way. It had a mechanism inside the body to make the blade spin.

Amazon.de has the Roton set up for preorder, priced at 29,99 .
    One presumes that Amazon.com should also list it sometime soon, but I'm not finding it yet.

My Mega Construx gallery

Widget
    A post from Kevin_MCX:

https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/c...universe-roton

Another set that is fresh off the production line, this is one of the first copies of ''Battle Cat vs Roton''. The set includes 173 pieces, so it took about 15 minutes to build. It includes the Roton with buzz saw that really spins when you roll the vehicle. Merman makes his debut in Mega Construx form. He-Man is also donning his brand-new Battle Armor. The set will be available this Summer (some websites have started pre-orders). The suggested retail price is 24.99$US.

Behind the scenes:The original Roton was built around the central spinning buzz saw feature. The team was adamant that the feature be just as important in brick for, so we started there. Also, we heard fans requests for Merman and Battle Cat, so we were thrilled to introduce them into the line.

10.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    14.jpeg
    15.jpeg
    16.jpeg

Heroic Warrior
    Man been thinking for a long time now to bail on this line. I'm out of room for extra things like this but want the figures. Really want merman. Just not sure I want to continue collecting the line since I have no actual place to diplay the vehicles.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk