Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins x WWE Mash-Up Line - Masters of the WWE Universe

Is there a direct link? This website is kind of a mess.

Just a head's up...wave two figures are now listed on the collection page of walmart.com. They're sold out at the moment, but they change availability every so often.

https://www.walmart.com/col/Shop-the...tion/812360582

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Wave 3 is up on wwe.com! Weíve seen the mockups before but never actual figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mind posting a link? I can't find it on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Mind posting a link? I can't find it on the site.
    Here ya go!

https://www.wwe.com/inside/mattel/ga...s#fid-40479739

Thank you for that! This is the wave that will get me buying these... they actually look quite MOTU-ish! I love that they are reusing things like the electricity bolts from Superman Red/Blue from their old DC line!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    The Rock was originally pictured with a gold Fisto belt. I am bummed they switched it....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Here ya go!

https://www.wwe.com/inside/mattel/ga...s#fid-40479739

These look so good! I love all of them so much. As much as I would have loved getting the Fisto belt, the new one's alright, although the swords for some reason remind me of the like licensed mac and cheese. Also, Scare Glow guy's cool as hell, same with Beast Man dude and his red terror claws. Honestly, I hope this means we get Terror Claws Skeletor in the Origins line (with the unconventional manner in which the articulation is set up on these, action features such as Thunder Punch, Terror Claws, Fisto/Jitsu, and other such figures with movement gimmicks seem really likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    The Rock was originally pictured with a gold Fisto belt. I am bummed they switched it....
    This is a pretty cool belt, though. The Grayskull swords are pretty neat. Canít really zoom in on the photo on account of that nightmare of a website, but that looks like a really cool part.

Undertaker wearing Triklops armor is awesome too. All this stuff is going to be great for gearing up MOTUC figures! Too bad you canít find bucks for cheap to make customs anymore...

Scareglow 'Taker is the big star of that wave, for sure! All are cool, though. I greatly would have preferred the proposed Foley Man-e-Faces, but I do like the New Day version.

As for wave 2, I had to drive my Mom to the hospital. They're only allowing the patients into the hospital, so I had a few hours to kill. I stopped by the Walmart that's out that way to grab a few necessities, and checked the toy aisle. To my utter shock, most of wave two was on the pegs! Only Faker Cena was missing. So, that's three down, at least.

I finally broke down and bought a few of these. I found the Grayskull ring with Cena/Triple H for $10 in the clearance isle at Walmart. I also picked up the single card Triple H. They're pretty solid figures. I can't wait for the actual MOTU ones to hit the shelves.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Wave 3 is to a of fun! I was digging the gold Fisto belt, but this one is pretty great, too. I might have to grab a second Rock just for my Wife; she adores DJ.

I could see doubling down one some of these (and MOTUO) just for the swappability angle. (I already grabbed an extra HHH for the pink cosmic gear.) Of course, I’d rather everyone get what they want first, which is why I haven’t nabbed more of either wave when seeing them lately.
    Last edited by Uki; April 4, 2020 at 08:36pm.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Wave 3 is to a of fun! I was digging the gold Fisto belt, but this one is pretty great, too. I might have to grab a second Rock just for my Wife; she adores DJ.

I could see doubling down one some of these (and MOTUO) just for the swappability angle. (I already grabbed an extra HHH for the pink cosmic gear.) Of course, is rather everyone get what they want first, which is why I havenít nabbed more of either wave when seeing them lately.
    I agree. These are way more fun than I thought they would be. They look great with the other Origins figures as well. I just pulled the trigger and ordered wave 2 off eBay to avoid going into Walmart.

The hit of wave 3 for me is definitely the Undertaker but I really like Strowman. He made an excellent figure and is my second favorite from the wave.

Heroic Warrior
    Still waiting on wave 2 to show up for online sale on WM's site. I have elderly people in my life with pre-existing conditions that depend on me, so I'm taking the stay at home order to heart and won't venture out to pick up a toy. And these things are definitely at the absolute limit of MSRP value, so I'm not going to pay a dime more to resellers.

Heroic Warrior
    Idk if Undertaker will sell. Solely looking at this from the perspective of a MOTU fan, a proper Scareglow will be coming out this year.

I'll probably pick him up, though, if not just to display on a potential Preternia shelf as pre-Scareglow Scareglow (I'm already trying to figure out how to go about making an Origins King Grayskull and He-Ro seems likely because he's in the new cartoon).

I think the Undertaker will sell fine; he's popular (I think, but I know jack about wrestling. Still, I HAVE heard of him, so that means something, right?).

Besides that, he GLOWS in the DARK! I'd buy him even if my kiddo wasn't totally into this line. Oh, and her cousin is getting hyped for it, too!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I think the Undertaker will sell fine; he's popular (I think, but I know jack about wrestling. Still, I HAVE heard of him, so that means something, right?).

Besides that, he GLOWS in the DARK! I'd buy him even if my kiddo wasn't totally into this line. Oh, and her cousin is getting hyped for it, too!
    Yeah, and I suppose he is iconic (I don't know wrestling either, but I know him from the "ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table" copypasta).

But like, idk how well he will fare sitting on the shelf next to Scareglow.

I finally found wave 2. I only picked Macho Man and Faker Cena. I REALLY like the way these figures are constructed. Everything feels like it is cast in the right kind of plastic. I even noticed that although Faker Cena is mostly transparent, the actual joints are a light blue plastic. This was a smart move since those parts can be too fragile when they're translucent. (NECA and DC Direct both went through a phase where the used lots of clear joints and there was tons of breakage.)
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Holy macaroni Jeff Spicoli! Walmart.com has wave 2 online now! No need to risk going in the store! Just ordered mine!

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    Holy macaroni Jeff Spicoli! Walmart.com has wave 2 online now! No need to risk going in the store! Just ordered mine!
    Thatís great news! Mine (technically my sonís but whatever) just came out of quarantine today and as much as I really liked wave 1, these are better in my opinion. Canít wait for wave 3!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Ordered Faker JC and Macho.

Heroic Warrior
    Clearly, El Hombre de Macho is the most popular or least produced. Frankly, I'm most excited for the Cena Faker. Clear blue is cool. We'll see how messed up these come. I have to order something from Walmart like 4 times to get just one that isn't totally wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    Clearly, El Hombre de Macho is the most popular or least produced. Frankly, I'm most excited for the Cena Faker. Clear blue is cool. We'll see how messed up these come. I have to order something from Walmart like 4 times to get just one that isn't totally wrecked.
    Donít expect them MOC, thatís for sure. Iíll be opening them anyway, but my Ultimate Warrior was shipped in a vinyl envelope and the card and blister were shredded.

The local WM still has a full second wave and a wave one on the pegs. They've been selling well, but nobody's really buying toys lately from the looks of the department. (Although I noticed far fewer of Spin Master's Batman toys there this morning.)

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    The local WM still has a full second wave and a wave one on the pegs. They've been selling well, but nobody's really buying toys lately from the looks of the department. (Although I noticed far fewer of Spin Master's Batman toys there this morning.)
    I had a great Wal-mart chase last week, went to 4 of them trying to track down bikes for my kids...(their inventory system is a MESS), but I did not see a single MOTWWEU figure. I saw plenty of grayskull ring playsets but the figures were sold out at all 4. As much as I am not a big fan of these or MOTUO, it does look promising if demand is this strong right out of the gate.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.