Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins x WWE Mash-Up Line - Masters of the WWE Universe

Heroic Warrior
    The ring two pack is on clearance at my Walmart. Although, the single figures seem to be selling well, which is surprising. Like, wrestling stuff peg warms on clearance here.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    So, let's say both of those are true. It would indicate Mattel can't keep up with demand rather than it's a massive bomb.

I live in Columbus Ohio. I have yet to come across any of these on the shelf. There's slots for them, and endcaps, but they've been bare since November. They sell out as soon as they hit the shelf, because Mattel is only sending out one case of each per week per store.

The only "peg warmer" I've seen has been the standalone ring. That's on Mattel for announcing the ring + two figure set at the same time. Most people just waited for the $30 three pack rather than the $20 ring.
    On top of that, why would you spend $20 for a stand-alone ring when the ring + two figures was clearanced at most stores immediately after Christmas for $15.

When I’ve seen the individual figs on pegs they’ve been gone within a few days. They’ve anything but bombed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Speaking of shaddy morals if I am not mistaken I believe Hogan's return was due to a deal with the Saudi Arabia Prince who wanted him to appear on their PPV.
    IMHO, the crossover figure they ought to do is Hollywood Hordak Hogan.

This line is short on memorable villains as-is.

Hogan wore black as a heel. His mustache looks vaguely like Hordak’s lips.

It gets around the issue of him being a role model in a kid oriented line.

Go light on the stubble. Maybe go with the red bandana. People can mix and match parts to their preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as there are no initial plans for Horde in Origins, Hordak Hogan might have some initial extra demand without causing too much “brand confusion” with She-Ra.

Or they can do some largely female wrestler themed waves and do those as She-Ra crossover figures.

Are these US exclusive? Will they be available in Europe as well? As for now I can't find them anywhere online besides by resellers on Amazon.com
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Are these US exclusive? Will they be available in Europe as well? As for now I can't find them anywhere online besides by resellers on Amazon.com
    They're a Wal-Mart exclusive. Wal-Mart has been sold out online since early December, but some store locations are getting scattered inventory here and there.

I'm unsure if Europe will be getting them any time soon. All my friends in Europe had to get them from resellers on eBay.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Do you think they'll do any of the female wrestlers in this line?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Do you think they'll do any of the female wrestlers in this line?
    Fingers crossed! Surely we could at least get Teela, Sorceress, Evil-Lyn and if we're very good the Green Goddess. I'd hope for She-Ra and Catra too, but it seems as though Mattel is intent on keeping the twins as far apart as possible when it comes to merchandising.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Fingers crossed! Surely we could at least get Teela, Sorceress, Evil-Lyn and if we're very good the Green Goddess. I'd hope for She-Ra and Catra too, but it seems as though Mattel is intent on keeping the twins as far apart as possible when it comes to merchandising.
    Mattel teased an Evil-Lyn looking drawing at Power-Con, not sure who the wrestler was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Mattel teased an Evil-Lyn looking drawing at Power-Con, not sure who the wrestler was supposed to be.

Probably Alexa Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Probably Alexa Bliss.
    That’s what I thought too.

I've very nearly bought one or two of these every time I've seen them over the past month or so, but I have not pulled the trigger yet. I keep telling myself I won't, then they pop up on IG or FB and I think, what a fun way to mess around and create some fun characters for Origins before that line finally hits retail.

I have no love for wrestling (though I'm a casual fan of a few wrestling guys from their other work). I think I'd likely buy some and mix and match with the parts and any of the copious amounts of MOTUC accessories I have to churn out some fun stuff.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    The ring with John Cena and the other guy is on clearance, does anyone know if it would make a good landing pad for the Classics Wind Raider? That's really all I'd use it for unless Skeletor goes all Narnia and kills Battlecat.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    The ring with John Cena and the other guy is on clearance, does anyone know if it would make a good landing pad for the Classics Wind Raider? That's really all I'd use it for unless Skeletor goes all Narnia and kills Battlecat.
    The Wind Raider (Original and Classic) both look great on it. I have a few; one has the Fright Fighter parked on it and the other has the Blaster Hawk.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

If I ever manage to go to a Wal-Mart and find some, I was thinking the same thing- that I would get a couple just to use as display bases for figures or vehicles.

Heroic Warrior
    Apparently wave two's starting to pop up. With the translucent faker Cena, the Stratos looking guy, the Fisto guy, and Randy Savage. I didn't really care for wave one, but I think I'll pick all of these up.

I'm down for the Stratos dude and Man-At-Savage for certain.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Stratos guy was my favorite of the bunch before I learned that Faker Cena is translucent. I'm a sucker for translucent action figures (which reminds me, I need to get that translucent Flash figure).

I ended up getting the rest of Wave one (which was restocked this week).

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    New wave is starting to show up. Few are now on E-bay in the TX area. Time to go hunting.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

I still ahven't cracked any of my Wave 1 figures open, but I can't wait to mess around with parts swapping. I'm down for Wave 2 as well, specially bird man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I still ahven't cracked any of my Wave 1 figures open, but I can't wait to mess around with parts swapping. I'm down for Wave 2 as well, specially bird man.
    He's the standout for me too. I love Stratos, but he's so alone. So this guy will give the inevitable Origins Stratos some companionship on the shelf.

I finally found these at walmart in Canada.

They only had wave 2 (and someone had snagged the Macho man fig).
    Apparently the ring has also been sighted - but it's the plain one without the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    I finally found these at walmart in Canada.

They only had wave 2 (and someone had snagged the Macho man fig).
    Apparently the ring has also been sighted - but it's the plain one without the figures.
    That's exciting news
    Where in Canada did you find them?
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

So to those of you who have these, do they make you feel like you’re getting new vintage figures? Do they feel like spoilers for origins? Or do they feel like different things all together?

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    So to those of you who have these, do they make you feel like you’re getting new vintage figures? Do they feel like spoilers for origins? Or do they feel like different things all together?
    For me it's the closest thing to walking into a store and buying a MOTU figure until this fall (not counting Mega Construx of course). It does feel a little like something different though because it's a mashup type thing. When I was a kid I never cross-pollinated franchises. Meaning He-Man never fought Shredder and the like. This, to me, seems a lot easier to blend in however. All those guys in WWE are characters anyway. Long story short, I really like these and didn't plan on being all in on the WWE line but I think I will be now. Plus it does provide depth to the Origins line that should be cheaper to get now versus later when these things may be more expensive because they're no longer being released. That's a lot of explaining to just say I really like these.