Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1112

Thread: MOTU Origins x WWE Mash-Up Line - Masters of the WWE Universe

I actually found all four of the new wave (the one with Ricky Steamboat and Horde Macho Man) at the Walmart near my office on the morning of Thursday, February 18. They didn't ring up and the employees claimed that the people who put items in the system manually were not available; they basically refused to sell them to me. It's been more than a week now, and there have been no Masters of the WWE figures on the pegs at that Walmart. (The last time I checked was yesterday.) Maybe I'm being cynical, but I'm starting to think that they're trying to avoid selling them in the stores so that they can scalp them online instead.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    what city? So far the only US sightings I know about were mine and one the the Dallas area.
    Allentown, PA

A Wal-Mart I stopped by Wednesday had this wave in, so I.picked up Ricky and Becky. Want the Horde Macho Man as well, but I have the previous wave MM and limited funds. The Fates will decide if I can get that one in the near future.

And is it weird that I'm more excited about these guys than the Origins figures? I think it's a new characters in the Mythos thing, because so far, except for Teela, Scareglow, and the upcoming Target Keldor (which I know will be a PITA to acquire), I'm really not interested in the MOTU stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    And is it weird that I'm more excited about these guys than the Origins figures?
    I find myself in the same place and I find it strange as I'm not really a wrestling fan nor am I a fan of the vintage MOTU aesthetic. There's just something "fun" about them that I can't quite explain. The only way I think I'd enjoy these more is if they'd been built on Classics bodies and I wish I had the funds to custom them that way.

And while I'm here I want to put in my vote for an hWo Slime Pit with yellow slime, panther head and paw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    And is it weird that I'm more excited about these guys than the Origins figures? I think it's a new characters in the Mythos thing, because so far, except for Teela, Scareglow, and the upcoming Target Keldor (which I know will be a PITA to acquire), I'm really not interested in the MOTU stuff.
    I can see where you're coming from and I assume if I had not miss out on Classics I would feel the same way. I'm enjoying this line, but not as much as adding some new nostalgia to my collection. I'm about done with Hasbro's endless parade of Optimus and Megatron.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/27/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    I find myself in the same place and I find it strange as I'm not really a wrestling fan nor am I a fan of the vintage MOTU aesthetic. There's just something "fun" about them that I can't quite explain. The only way I think I'd enjoy these more is if they'd been built on Classics bodies and I wish I had the funds to custom them that way.

And while I'm here I want to put in my vote for an hWo Slime Pit with yellow slime, panther head and paw.
    Yeah, I really think we need the hWo Slime Pit with yellow slime, panther head and paw as well. It's just perfect. Make it happen Mattel!

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I wasn't going to collect MOTU Origins at all until they announced Mr. T.

Mr. T remains the only WWE figure I have, but all of the MOTU Origins I've been able to find are here as well.

Well played Mattel.

I was finally able to get them this morning. I like the orange translucent dragon that the Ricky Steamboat figure comes with, but it doesn't actually stay on the figure like the original did with Classics Dragon-Blaster Skeletor. At the moment, I have the dragon perched on top of one of the snakes on the Rattlesnake Mountain ring.

I noticed that hWo Macho Man comes with the smaller vintage-style battle mace instead of the Classics mace that the Macho Man-at-Arms came with. Now I have a Horde armor that Origins Skeletor can wear.

They seem to be getting a lot of use out of that removable battle armor with this line. This is only Wave 5 and it's been used three times already.

I hope the Kane figure in Wave 6 is not as difficult to get as the Undertaker figure was. The Undertaker is the only Masters of the WWE Universe figure I've never found at retail.

Heroic Warrior
    I've thrown up my hands and went ahead and made a deal with one of our Canadian cousins for Kane and Goldberg just so I could have at least one because I am 99.9% certain this is going to be MOTUO wave 2 all over again. It is a premium, but what are you going to do when your market has messed up distribution? I better get used to paying a bit extra each month for the sake of my kitbashes.

I'm really looking forward to Wave 6, but I don't expect any of the Walmarts in my area to get them in anytime soon. I was frankly surprised that I was able to find Wave 5 near the end of February. For me, Wave 3 was the most elusive so far. I remember seeing only one of each of the New Day figure, Braun Stroman, and The Rock at retail. (I never found Undertaker at retail.) I also remember seeing tons of Wave 2 at the same Walmarts I kept checking for Wave 3.

I find it extremely odd that I know of one Walmart that has several Wave 5 figures still available, but the only Wave 5 figures that show up on the Walmart website are the ones being scalped for more than $30 each by third-party sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Despondor View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Wave 6, but I don't expect any of the Walmarts in my area to get them in anytime soon. I was frankly surprised that I was able to find Wave 5 near the end of February. For me, Wave 3 was the most elusive so far. I remember seeing only one of each of the New Day figure, Braun Stroman, and The Rock at retail. (I never found Undertaker at retail.) I also remember seeing tons of Wave 2 at the same Walmarts I kept checking for Wave 3.

I find it extremely odd that I know of one Walmart that has several Wave 5 figures still available, but the only Wave 5 figures that show up on the Walmart website are the ones being scalped for more than $30 each by third-party sellers.
    Do you have a link to Wave 5 on Walmart's website? I have not been able to find these online yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    Do you have a link to Wave 5 on Walmart's website? I have not been able to find these online yet.
    They don't show up on the Masters of the WWE Collection page, but if you do a search of "Masters of the WWE Universe" they usually come up on the first or second page. Since these are the figures being sold by third-party sellers, the average price for one will usually be between thirty and forty dollars. (Walmart might--eventually--have these added to the MOTWWEU Collection page, but it's anyone's guess if they'll be retail price or marked up. Half of the figures on the page are usually out of stock at this point.)

I have been to five Walmart locations in my area, every week (or even multiple times a week at points) for months. Never see a single one...not one. Empty pegs where they should be...but never a one. I even have tried to order them for store pickup on Walmart.com as every once in a while it will say there are "5" or "6" of them in stock. Of course "assorted", so I just add all of the quantity and check out in hopes that I will get something when I arrive. Even if doubles at this point I figured anything is better than nothing. But no. The first time I did that the Walmart employee came out with five He-Man figures as "substitutes" as they had no stock...lol. The second time the order was flat out cancelled.

So, all of that said, I have unfortunately had to resort to ebay to obtain some of these. I have been a shrewd as I possibly could there and have been able to score about a dozen figures for around $25 each...including the shipping.

But, it should not be this way. I wanted to actually open some and display them but at the cost I am playing for carded figures I am reluctant to do so.

I hate when toys are Walmart exclusives with a passion.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I picked up Kane and Stephanie today. I haven't been following this so had no idea they were even in the pipeline. Kane was an insta-buy, but Stephanie was so well done looking I couldn't pass her up. I left the Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg there.

I've given up getting these for my kids. They have the rings that came with figures.

Never seen wave 1. Got wave 2 and 3. Haven't seen any since. Any order gets canceled from Walmart. OH well if they don't want money, gladly spend it in something else.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Just picked up all of Wave 5. Even as hard as these are to get theyíre still easier than actual Origins figures at this point in my neck of the woods. Unless you count the first wave of Origins. Plenty of that hanging around.

Over many months, I managed to pick up about 6 different characters from Walfart, but they're a rare sight. I finally gave up and picked up most of the rest of the ones I've never seen from Ebay. Still need Sting, The New Day, and the latest wave that hasn't come out in Canada yet (Ultimate Warrior white, Ricky Steamboat, Macho Man black, and Becky Lynch).

Very frustrating experience wasting time and money trying to find them at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Over many months, I managed to pick up about 6 different characters from Walfart, but they're a rare sight. I finally gave up and picked up most of the rest of the ones I've never seen from Ebay. Still need Sting, The New Day, and the latest wave that hasn't come out in Canada yet (Ultimate Warrior white, Ricky Steamboat, Macho Man black, and Becky Lynch).

Very frustrating experience wasting time and money trying to find them at retail.
    Walfart.

Since December Iíve only managed to find Seth Rollins and Mr T. I stopped in a local toy shop today and they had some but only wave 3
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I found a lone Becky Lynch on the pegs today!

First MOTWWEU figure I've come across in about 2 months.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I found a lone Becky Lynch on the pegs today!

First MOTWWEU figure I've come across in about 2 months.
    Becky Lynch turned out great! I definitely want to pick up an extra. The kneepads go a long way to improving the look of the female figures. Plus, there's a Red Sonja custom to be made somewhere there...

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    So these two are pretty sweet. Very impressed. I wish Kane had a regular right hand included but other than that, no criticisms from me.
    Stephanie's minicomic cover is a GREAT homage to Evil-Lyn's vintage cardback art.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    So these two are pretty sweet. Very impressed. I wish Kane had a regular right hand included but other than that, no criticisms from me.
    Stephanie's minicomic cover is a GREAT homage to Evil-Lyn's vintage cardback art.
    Those are the only two I want from that wave. I have Stephanie on the way and I have a winning bid on Kane. I plan on making them part of the hWo.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/27/2021

Iíve said before if I canít find them in store I wonít resort to eBay...Im eating those words. Iím going to pull the trigger now on the ones I want before prices get out of control
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Iíve said before if I canít find them in store I wonít resort to eBay...Im eating those words. Iím going to pull the trigger now on the ones I want before prices get out of control
    If you out bid me on Kane...
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 3/27/2021