Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: MOTU Origins x WWE Mash-Up Line - Masters of the WWE Universe

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Lucky guy! He seems to be the most sought after in this wave.

Wave 1: Ultimate Warrior
    Wave 2: Macho Man
    Wave 3: Undertaker

Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    Two Walmarts in my area showed stock according to both Brickseek and Walmart.com but that turned to be an elaborate ruse to get me to drive 30 minutes out of my way in the midst of a global pandemic.
    I feel your pain.......3 Walmart's near me all have had wave 2 (as well as the Hot wheels Windraider) in-stock online AND when I have them scan a photo of the bar code the hand scanner shows they have 6+ in stock!! But no-one knows where they are This has been the case for over 3 months now! I am just dismayed! How can you NOT know where your in-stock items are for that long!! I even spoke to the toy dept manager and he was just as lost. I fear that using Walmart as the Origins exclusive store is going to hurt the line from the start.

Link to a story that describes it far better than I can.....sad sad!

https://toy-wizards.com/2020/07/03/e...mEfgGu9HrPj7G8
    Last edited by Cringer_luvr; July 3, 2020 at 04:41pm.
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Lucky guy! He seems to be the most sought after in this wave.

Wave 1: Ultimate Warrior
    Wave 2: Macho Man
    Wave 3: Undertaker
    This line is fantastic. Before the pandemic my Walmart would only ever have Finn on the pegs and then all of a sudden they had good supply for a while. I wasn’t in the store for wave 2 but hopefully that trend continued and hopefully the same for wave 3. Hopefully that will be most all Walmarts.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Link to a story that describes it far better than I can.....sad sad!

https://toy-wizards.com/2020/07/03/e...mEfgGu9HrPj7G8
    The blog post at this link and Pixel Dan’s recent video regarding the Real Ghostbusters fiasco were cathartic.

Unfortunately, Walmart’s entire business model is built on these predatory practices. A similar kind of business practice lead to the decimation of Toys R Us and KayBee, leaving us as toy collectors to flail at Walmart’s whims.

Toy collecting as a hobby may eat itself if we’re left to flail at these whims.

Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    The blog post at this link and Pixel Dan’s recent video regarding the Real Ghostbusters fiasco were cathartic.

Unfortunately, Walmart’s entire business model is built on these predatory practices. A similar kind of business practice lead to the decimation of Toys R Us and KayBee, leaving us as toy collectors to flail at Walmart’s whims.

Toy collecting as a hobby may eat itself if we’re left to flail at these whims.
    This is no kidding man. It totally sucks that a Walmart exclusive will completely sell out instantly to scalpers and end up on ebay. Walmart should totally limit the number people can buy on their exclusives to like two or three an order. Plus, they don't have the "are you a robot" measure in place to keep mods from automated purchases. There's definitely a problem when a $30 Walmart exclusive sells for close to $2,000 on day one!!! Seriously, check out this Back to the Future/Transformers collaboration figure for example: it cost $30 on Walmart.com but there was a sold listing on ebay for $1,985 and the cheapest one listed for sale now is around $500!!! I totally want one (the Ghostbusters/Transformers collaboration was awesome!) but this has definitely priced me out. Yes, it is like you said: "Toy collecting as a hobby may eat itself if we’re left to flail at these whims."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMER...sAAOSwNGxe~mFy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    I totally want one (the Ghostbusters/Transformers collaboration was awesome!) but this has definitely priced me out.
    Gigawatt will be available again later through Pulse and other retailers. The one Walmart just had was a numbered edition and that sticker on the box is supposed to be the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Gigawatt will be available again later through Pulse and other retailers. The one Walmart just had was a numbered edition and that sticker on the box is supposed to be the only difference.
    That's good to know. I would definitely like a Gigawatt (great name by the way) to display next to my Ectotron! The MOTU Origins releases that Walmart.com put up are all sold out too and are on ebay for crazy prices, like the $30 Battle Cat going for $90+ right now.

Playing around...

Nice pic! Man, Undertaker has a different hue of glow than I've seen before. Definitely stands out from the other glow in the dark plastic in your picture. It looks really good! I'm glad he and Scareglow are cast in glow in the dark plastic and not just painted with "glow" paint. The "glow" paint toy companies try to pass off these days just does not make the cut! (that's why I was not interested in the MONDO Scareglow) It's gotta be cast in glow plastic or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by antieternia he-man View Post
    papa!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    papa!!!!!!!!!
    If you have ghosts, you have everything. Well ghosts and MOTU, anyway.

Braun Strowman and New Day are available right now!

EDIT: New Day sold out while I was typing that sentence. Strowman is still available, though.

Undertaker! Where are yooou?!?!

THE OP the Matrix refused stprime's Avatar
    Get email for undertaker, clicks link, sold out...
    "I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something I change it."
    Evil, it's just sooo much easier,"til all are NONE. Destructicons, UNITE!!!!
    FEEDBACK

I don't even get the emails anymore... It's like they will only tell you once, even if put my email address in again.

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    Get email for undertaker, clicks link, sold out...

THE OP the Matrix refused stprime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I don't even get the emails anymore... It's like they will only tell you once, even if put my email address in again.
    You all don’t even want to know about my day with Walmart today. I went to a store and was part of an argument. Got the undertaker email, and after checking my statement I noticed two charges in Arizona for over $100 labeled “groceries”. I live in KY. So two calls and many minutes later my card has now been cancelled and I’m waiting for a refund. But now I have no card for online. Not that it matters!!!!! I need my pills.
    "I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something I change it."
    Evil, it's just sooo much easier,"til all are NONE. Destructicons, UNITE!!!!
    FEEDBACK