Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1443

Thread: MOTU Origins x WWE Mash-Up Line - Masters of the WWE Universe

Still no sign of the latest wave in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I havenít seen them and havenít really seen them on eBay either. That usually means theyíre trickling out slowly
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    There's still two more waves. One with Sergeant Slaughter and then that last wave with Chyna.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

There are two auctions on ebay for wave's 7 and 8....so someone got them somehow

I really hope these are not too difficult to find, but considering the fact that the whole run was hard to find....ehh...

The new wave still shows out of stock but it also says preorder(ships 10/15) It wonít let me do anything. Can anyone else get through?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    The new wave still shows out of stock but it also says preorder(ships 10/15) It wonít let me do anything. Can anyone else get through?
    They were open for Pre-Order during Walmart's Collector Con in July. I have not seen them back available for Pre Order since. It looks like they just left the Pre-Order language up instead of switching over to out of stock. The good news is that they were not listed as Collector Con exclusives, so perhaps they will reappear someday. I've not have much luck finding them in store since Wave 1, but there's only 1 Walmart near me and it's awful.

Court Magician
    7DD1FC09-59B3-4BC1-88A7-4643F8C89FE5.jpg

I feel like we skipped a step
    I am no longer a widget.

Quote Originally Posted by burnside986 View Post

Yeah, it looks like that from ebay as well. Hopefully, Wave 7 comes around eventually.

Yeah, they are trickling in on ebay now. Because of the first auction that ran that is sitting at $177 for the three it appears that this price is setting some kind of precedent and people keep listing three for BIN $180. I am sorry for the people who are paying that for these. Give it a few weeks and ebay is going to be littered with them as everyone will think they struck it "rich".

For now I just ordered 8 figures from Walmart since they have the assortment back in stock (random assortment) out of nowhere. We'll see what I get...but I think its a good chance this restock is going to be wave 8. We'll see

I currently have all of wave 1-6. I got them all on ebay but not as they were released. I waited with each wave until ebay was littered with them and the prices went down. I ended up paying around $25 a figure. Still $10 over retail, but that gives you an idea that it is a great idea to WAIT....unless you don't care about money, are extremely impatient and want to feed the scalpers

Ohh, and Mattel, if you are reading: Ending this line was such a bad judgement call. I really expected you to fulfill whatever Walmart excusivity agreement you had and then move these things over to other retailers/e-tailers as you did with the MOTU Origins line.

The Walmart exclusivity for such a winning line was an *extremely* bad judgement call. This line has got to be bar none the most frustrating line to collect that I can ever recall due to the fact that the distribution to the only sole retailer allowed to sell these was abysmal. I found out about this line through websites/youtube reviews and fell in love with them. But, I have never found a single solitary figure at any of the four Walmart locations in my area. I ventured to the neighboring state and still nothing at those Walmart locations. And I have been hunting near daily since the launch of these (a few YEARS now!)

Empty pegs with labels where they should be stocked.....now not even that as they have been removed from the planograms in my local stores.

I should have given up on these right in the beginning....but I guess I am a real sucker for punishment and I am sticking with it to the end since I am nearly there as it stands. Just sucks ebay had to be my store to purchase literally every figure in the line that I own. If the Superstars line is a Walmart exclusive as well I am tapping out....hell no.
    Last edited by eightbit; September 18, 2021 at 12:27am.

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Empty pegs with labels where they should be stocked.....now not even that as they have been removed from the planograms in my local stores.
    My stores moved the empty pegs from the WWE section to the MOTU section, but they are still empty. Haven't seen anything since Wave 1, which they had in abundance.

Been to several Walmarts in North Florida and they have taken the tags down for the WWEternia figures all together. One store has plenty of the Piper wave on a peg, but nothing aside from that at any of the stores I have been to.

I am starting to feel like we are not going to get the Andre the Giant, Hitman Hart, Sgt. Slaughter and JYD wave at all, much less the wave to follow it.

Heroic Warrior
    Found wave 8 this morning. I have a feeling with 8 showing up so early that it has leapfrogged the others. I think the older waves will start to trickle out through the end of the year. Probably still won't be easy to find... Maybe there's a warehouse full of these somewhere and they'll end up at Ollie's and Five Below next year...
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

My Walmart has completed the reset and luckily still has pegs for this line. None in stock, but they still plan on getting them I guess.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Most of the Walmartís I visit donít have tags anymore. I believe only 1 store still had them up but never have them anyway

- - - Updated - - -

And again that Austin head looks horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Most of the Walmartís I visit donít have tags anymore. I believe only 1 store still had them up but never have them anyway

- - - Updated - - -

And again that Austin head looks horrible
    I doubt you'd look that great with a steel trap for a mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

more pictures of Chyna please.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Heroic Warrior
    I just started opening wave 8 and I noticed that the blurb on the back said "INCLUDES COLLECTOR'S SHEET!". Got Austin's bubble cut from the card to find that the comic is not a comic. It's the equivalent to the front cover and bio page of the previous comics. Did this just start with wave 8 or with 7? I know that wave 6 was still using the "comic" format but these new "sheets" suck... The card art and the art on the "sheets" really have a drop in quality, too.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    I just started opening wave 8 and I noticed that the blurb on the back said "INCLUDES COLLECTOR'S SHEET!". Got Austin's bubble cut from the card to find that the comic is not a comic. It's the equivalent to the front cover and bio page of the previous comics. Did this just start with wave 8 or with 7? I know that wave 6 was still using the "comic" format but these new "sheets" suck... The card art and the art on the "sheets" really have a drop in quality, too.
    Well it's the last wave so why not cut as many corners as possible. One less figure and half the paper. As I recall the Laser Light Skeletor and Laser Power He-Man did not have comics... although that could be because they were international releases.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Heroic Warrior
    I finished opening them and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm not a big wrestling fan and even at that I've never been much on any of these three so I wasn't that thrilled when this wave was announced. Even finding them this morning I was still kind of begrudgingly buying them but after getting them open... I wasn't thrilled about another Mysterio but the silver outfit really looks nice. My biggest gripe about him (and the first release) is that they went with vintage colors for the wings and jet pack. I get that they're homages but it would've been nice to get those parts in other colors, I mean it's not like Mysterio hasn't had ring gear in every color in the spectrum. I don't have the first version (or my Classics Stratos) handy to check but I'm pretty sure he's got Origins wings this time, they seem smaller to me and they clip to the wrist instead of having to remove the hands to put them on. I thought Austin would be kind of boring, but there's something about the mash-up that just works. The loops on the belt for his extra attachment fall under the vest so the vest or the belt tend to be a bit "off" when something is hooked in. The jaw piece clips over his ears so it stays on pretty well but it's hard to keep it from riding up to his nose and hiding the signature mustache. Biggest gripe is that there are only two attachments for the arm, claw and hook. Chyna was the real surprise, though. The purple, silver and black really are striking together. The tiara actually clips on, I thought it was going to be part of the hair sculpt and even in-hand it looked that way until I got her out of the bubble. She does have the new knees and they still look a bit odd but they are a huge improvement over the 1.0 version.

Now to track down the ones I'm missing...

Chyna was the real surprise, though. The purple, silver and black really are striking together. The tiara actually clips on, I thought it was going to be part of the hair sculpt and even in-hand it looked that way until I got her out of the bubble. She does have the new knees and they still look a bit odd but they are a huge improvement over the 1.0 version.

Now to track down the ones I'm missing...
    I hope they use that tiara for any future She-Ra figures they plan to make.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I hope they use that tiara for any future She-Ra figures they plan to make.
    I wonder if it fits on the current She-Ra head...

Welp, my hunch was correct. Walmart had their "assortment" in stock a few days ago and I ordered four figures. Glad to say that I received all of wave 8 and an extra Stone Cold! Woohoo!

Heroic Warrior
    Welp, my hunch was correct. Walmart had their "assortment" in stock a few days ago and I ordered four figures. Glad to say that I received all of wave 8 and an extra Stone Cold! Woohoo!
    Well crap. It's not giving me an option to ship from Walmart.com, only from my local store and I know they only have wave 5. WTH Walfart?

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Well crap. It's not giving me an option to ship from Walmart.com, only from my local store and I know they only have wave 5. WTH Walfart?
    Just keep an eye for the assortment to come back in stock from Walmart.com . The figures shipped from TX....and that makes sense as all of those people on ebay scalping them now are from TX too

- - - Updated - - -

Looking over all of these figures tonight...man...what works of art. The paint apps on these are just amazing. I really don't know how they did it and managed to sell them at retail for $15 a figure to be honest. This was the coolest mash-up ever in my book. I really wish this line could have continued just a bit longer. So odd that Hulk Hogan (one of the most famous WWF/WWE wrestlers in history) never got a carded version. At least we got him with the Rattlesnake Mountain set, but it would have been awesome to see him on card in some form...maybe in a hWo format

I wonder if it fits on the current She-Ra head...
    That is my hope as well, though the middle part should have more of a curve to it.

I anxiously await photos of the figures loose.

Widget
    The random assortment option is still there. Has anyone else tried this? I really don’t have much need for carded doubles. I mean, the art is nice, so I could live with it, but I’d really hate to end up getting three Stephanies or something.

What are the odds this would work out?
    Last edited by Joshua2814; September 23, 2021 at 08:30am.