Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins x WWE Mash-Up Line - Masters of the WWE Universe

Heroic Warrior
    Despite Brickseek saying they're in stock at all the walmarts in town, I couldn't find any.

Heroic Warrior
    You won't find them. They're social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Despite Brickseek saying they're in stock at all the walmarts in town, I couldn't find any.
    Key word in that statement was "Walmart" The stores in my area agreed they had the latest Mega contrux set, but they didn't know where they were in the back.....and they would put them out whenever they found them. Took 3 weeks!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like John Cena faker is the chase? I have noticed that walmart only orders like 14 batch where maybe demand is many times as that. So get ready for Origins as I think it will be worse.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    Looks like John Cena faker is the chase? I have noticed that walmart only orders like 14 batch where maybe demand is many times as that. So get ready for Origins as I think it will be worse.
    I don't think there is a chase. I've seen two Faker Cena figures but only one Macho Man. Brickseek shows the same stock numbers for all the figures as far as I'm seeing. They don't seem to be hitting the shelves very consistently yet. Other things to worry about, I imagine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

There is no "chase" in the line thus far. Each case has four figures; one of each character.

If your Walmart is getting 14 cases per week (I assume that's what you meant by "14 batch") then that's pretty good, seeing as the average that most WM locations are getting is about 2 cases per week.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

The results of today's quarantine match with the kids. It was a brutal brawl!
    20200329_184214.jpg

I grabbed an extra Triple H/Skull King last week while on a supply run so we can put the pink Cosmic Enforcer armor from the Weapons Pak on him. We came up with the idea (knowing NOTHING about wrestling, for the most part) that Triple H was actually three triplet brothers, Hatred (the Skull King), Hazard (the Terror Claws version), and Harm, the CE custom.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I very rarely resort to ebay for currently-shipping figures, but given everything that's going on right now, and how poor distribution is in my town even in the best of times, I went ahead and grabbed a Macho Man-at-arms on ebay just now when I saw a couple of them listed for reasonable prices. I'd like to get the other three from this wave as well, but Macho Man is the only one of the four that is a must have for me. He's my all-time favorite wrestler, and this mashup of him with the Man-at-arms and battle armor parts is nearly perfect!

In the last week, I've managed to find all but Ultimate Warrior on the pegs. So I'm happy I've been able to get 7 out of the 8. Though I did get the ring with bonus figures off of eBay, simply because I had a feeling we wouldn't see that here in Canada. My local Wal-Mart only had the regular ring for sale when I stumbled upon the fingers this weekend and last weekend.

I'll probably resort to eBay to get Warrior. Of course my favorite wrestler out of the bunch would be the one I need to pay double the price for.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Pretty much the same for me. Got everything except for UW. Though I'm positive to purchase him for a regular price, as they toys are supposed to be available in Germany this year.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    There is no "chase" in the line thus far. Each case has four figures; one of each character.

If your Walmart is getting 14 cases per week (I assume that's what you meant by "14 batch") then that's pretty good, seeing as the average that most WM locations are getting is about 2 cases per week.
    Yeah butbindont see a John Cena Faker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Pretty much the same for me. Got everything except for UW. Though I'm positive to purchase him for a regular price, as they toys are supposed to be available in Germany this year.
    Over here looks like there is too much UW. Uh I get it. Want us to keep coming or do the trade thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I was neve much into wrestling. But I think back in the day it was WWF? Also, since there is a macho man, then shouldn't there be a HULK Hogan?

Over here looks like there is too much UW. Uh I get it. Want us to keep coming or do the trade thing.
    Wow, that's a surprise, as Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man seem to be the top sellers of their respective waves, probably due to nostalgia collecting.

I was never much into wrestling. But I think back in the day it was WWF? Also, since there is a macho man, then shouldn't there be a HULK Hogan?
    Yes, back then it was World Wrestling Federation (WWF). They had to change their name in 2002 due to legal conflicts with the World Wide Fund for Nature.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Hulk Hogan figure in this line sooner or later. However, it seems that right now in terms of "80s fame wrestlers", they're focusing on deceased characters, one per wave. In wave 1 it was Ultimate Warrior, wave 2 had Macho Man, and if the rumors turn out to be true, wave 3 will feature Roddy Piper.

Which one is he supposed to be? (I don't know most wrestlers by name beyond the Rock, Macho Man, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Sting, and the Undertaker.)

Update: Never mind. I see he's the kilted dude. I thought Wave 3 was going to be the Undertaker/Scareglow, the Beast Man guy, the Rock with gold Fisto belt and He-Man-esque armor, and the Man-E-Faces guy.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I thought Wave 3 was going to be the Undertaker/Scareglow, the Beast Man guy, the Rock with gold Fisto belt and He-Man-esque armor, and the Man-E-Faces guy.
    So did I, though I would love to see Piper in there somewhere instead of any of the other guys (well, tied with Undertaker/Scareglow -- that is rad). Here's the promo image from some convention:
    7b92syf2td941.jpg

The Third Quarter assortment will be Rock/Man At Arms, Braun Strowman/Beastman, Undertaker/Scareglow and New Day/Man-E-Faces. No Piper announced, especially seeing as Neca has an exclusive on his likeness this year, and Mattel isn't known for sublicensing from the competition.

The only other figure previously teased was Mick Foley/Man-E-Faces, which was scrapped in favor of New Day. Any other names being bandied about are just wishful thinking.

I've not been able to get a hard confirmation of this, but did get a soft confirm that we're only getting three waves of WWEternia. Fourth Quarter will be devoted solely to Origins, and then during First Quarter 2021, Mattel's WWE license expires. That Fourth Quarter with no new WWEternia gives Wal-Mart a chance to liquidate remaining inventory, while Mattel floods the shelves with its successor line.

If Mattel and WWE enter a new licensing agreement next year, then theoretically WWEternia can continue, but that (minimum) two Quarter gap with no new product, as well as their focus on Origins, will likely negate any desire to continue the line, aside from maybe some Con exclusives. Possibly, they could enter a new, exclusive distribution agreement with a different retailer, but that's just speculation on my part.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    If you search Walmart SKUs... there are four figures with listings. No pics.

The Rock
    Kane
    Jake the Snake
    Roddy Piper

Maybe the next wave? But when?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post

The Rock
    Kane
    Jake the Snake
    Roddy Piper

After Googling all those people (except The Rock, I know who he is), I'm really excited to see what they do for Jake the Snake. Like, he has to be a snakemen type guy, but how do you cross badass snake warriors and a balding middle aged man?

But Kane could be really cool (maybe he's a Tri-Klops type character), same with Roddy Piper (I wonder if the kilt would be soft goods or plastic). And I know I'm going to have to get The Rock (maybe he could like have something to do with Beast Man, since he's in all those jungle movies).

Idk, the future of this line looks bright. Scare Glow guy, The Rock, Beast Man guy, and Man-E-Faces guy are all cool.

The Rock
    Kane
    Jake the Snake
    Roddy Piper

That's what I was referring to. Maybe those ain't gonna be MotWWEU figures at all?

The Rock
    Kane
    Jake the Snake
    Roddy Piper

Those SKUs were all registered April 2019, along with the Mick Foley SKU that was recycled for New Day.

When Mattel registers trademarks and UPCs, they typically throw their entire proposal portfolio in, just in case those figures get made. They do so because figure development is tracked internally by SKU, so whatever is in the folder as a "maybe" will get a slot/SKU. When that figure gets dropped from the running, they just recycle the SKU with the replacement figure.

AFAIK, the individual SKU for Jake the Snake and Roddy Piper were recycled for the two pack-in figures for the Grayskull Ring 3 pack. The Rock will be Wave III, and unsure what happened with Kane. I would personally love to have had a Roddy Piper He-Man and a Jake the Snake King Hiss figure. Maybe if we get a miracle Wave IV, that will happen.

While picking up groceries this morning, I spotted another full assortment of Wave 2. I'd already bought the full set the first time they hit for my daughter, and I didn't see a need for any doubles, so they're still there. (I did get a second Triple H last week to give him the pink cosmic enforcer gear.)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    While picking up groceries this morning, I spotted another full assortment of Wave 2. I'd already bought the full set the first time they hit for my daughter, and I didn't see a need for any doubles, so they're still there. (I did get a second Triple H last week to give him the pink cosmic enforcer gear.)
    I'm so jealous. All my walmarts are refusing to put out new toys. Like, they have confirmed they're in the back, but they won't stock non-essentials. I don't quite understand why, as things have calmed down a lot (although grocery stores are now the hot hangout spot, which is mildly frightening because I live with my grandmother ). But like, they're only stocking groceries, toiletries, and video games. The three essential products. I really hope Origins isn't such a pain to collect (and release waves 1-3 elsewhere so I can order what I end up not being able to get).

I get why they are doing that.
    The hoarding of specific products may have calmed down, but coronavirus definitely is not slowing down at the moment, and Wal-Marts- since they are deemed an essential business and are staying open- thus putting their hourly employees at risk of infection- want people only coming in for... well, essentials. With this pandemic going on, it's not the time to be meandering about a department store looking for new electronics, toys, what have you. Basically, get in, get what you NEED, and get out- especially since most stores are limiting the actual number of bodies passing through their doors and in some cases having people line up outside to get in. This is happening (or should be) all across the board. Some of these places are open because they have to be and aren't there right now for the casual bored shopper who just needs to get out of their house with their family for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I'm so jealous. All my walmarts are refusing to put out new toys. Like, they have confirmed they're in the back, but they won't stock non-essentials. I don't quite understand why, as things have calmed down a lot (although grocery stores are now the hot hangout spot, which is mildly frightening because I live with my grandmother ). But like, they're only stocking groceries, toiletries, and video games. The three essential products. I really hope Origins isn't such a pain to collect (and release waves 1-3 elsewhere so I can order what I end up not being able to get).
    I've been hearing from many people in various FB groups and on IG that Wave 1 and 2 are being restocked often; I don't think you'll ultimately have a big problem getting them.

UPDATE:
    Robert Rodman, who works on both this line and MOTUO, confirmed that MOTWWEU will NOT be ending after Wave 3.
    Last edited by Uki; April 3, 2020 at 12:43pm.

Wave 3 is up on wwe.com! We’ve seen the mockups before but never actual figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk