Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins x WWE Mash-Up Line - Masters of the WWE Universe

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I’m still dying to know if Purple Pants Hun-Tor’s Armor and crown fit on Classics (and Balor’s to a lesser extent). I’m beseeching you, a meek and humble man, to acknowledge my curiosity.
    Yes they do! I used both HHH and Finn to fix my already existing customs. the heads fit waaay better than the regular Mattel wwe figures and the armor is just like the create-a-superstar stuff.. perfect match
    Check out by trade thread...looking to sell off parts

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pretty please?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Pretty please?
    I'll try and throw some up tonite!

I and I am sure others would appreciate it.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    The new motwwu figures have Modulok and Multibot parts.
    Does anyone have a link to pics of these...?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I and I am sure others would appreciate it.
    20200121_173753.jpg
    20200121_173805.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, sry..no idea why my pic are on their side..

I tried to attach a Finn Balor pic..but ive exceeded my attachment s for the day? Idk i got a message.. .
    Im terrible w tech anything..

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    20200121_173753.jpg
    20200121_173805.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, sry..no idea why my pic are on their side..

I tried to attach a Finn Balor pic..but ive exceeded my attachment s for the day? Idk i got a message.. .
    Im terrible w tech anything..
    Neat!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Wow, that looks nice! Can't wait for this line to be available in Germany. At first, I thought it would be an easy pass, but now I want them all!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    It seems really odd to me that Mattel would only ship these one set (4 figures) to a case.
    You would think the case pack would at least be 8 or 12.
    "White Ranger... Dino Power"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Wow, that looks nice! Can't wait for this line to be available in Germany. At first, I thought it would be an easy pass, but now I want them all!
    I was very hesitant to get these initially, because I stopped caring about WWE back when it was still WWF. I tuned out around '92.

But these figures are more MOTU than they are WWE. I have each one and am glad I got them before the scalpers wiped out the supply.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Only one of my local Walmarts seemed to carry these. They got the big set with ring and 2 figures before Christmas...and sold zero. I would go to the store weekly and the MOTWWEU endcap display was always full. Now they are already on clearance for 20 dollars. They have so many. I guess the crossover interest just isnt there. Im not really into modern WWE, but I actually like the throwback box art. I just wasnt sure this would fit in my collection. But after watching Pixel Dan's review and learning the ring logo was just a sticker, I decided to buy it on clearance. I will not attach the ropes or sticker and will use it as a landing pad for the Wind Raider. Love the Grayskull colors on it. As for the figures, I may buy a few classic superstars like Warrior and Macho Man. And I like the Triple H armor with the He-man cross and Skeletor-esque design. These figures are highly customizable so I think I could piece together some sort of all new villain. Strange that they arent doing a "He-Man" Hulk Hogan, with his blond hair and tan skin it seems like a good fit. But then again, it seems Hulk hasn't had any toys in several years. I think the last few were the Defining Moments and the Build-a-Superstar about 4 years ago? Maybe Hulk stopped licensing his image...

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    Only one of my local Walmarts seemed to carry these. They got the big set with ring and 2 figures before Christmas...and sold zero. I would go to the store weekly and the MOTWWEU endcap display was always full. Now they are already on clearance for 20 dollars. They have so many. I guess the crossover interest just isnt there. Im not really into modern WWE, but I actually like the throwback box art. I just wasnt sure this would fit in my collection. But after watching Pixel Dan's review and learning the ring logo was just a sticker, I decided to buy it on clearance. I will not attach the ropes or sticker and will use it as a landing pad for the Wind Raider. Love the Grayskull colors on it. As for the figures, I may buy a few classic superstars like Warrior and Macho Man. And I like the Triple H armor with the He-man cross and Skeletor-esque design. These figures are highly customizable so I think I could piece together some sort of all new villain. Strange that they arent doing a "He-Man" Hulk Hogan, with his blond hair and tan skin it seems like a good fit. But then again, it seems Hulk hasn't had any toys in several years. I think the last few were the Defining Moments and the Build-a-Superstar about 4 years ago? Maybe Hulk stopped licensing his image...
    Its by area. At my Wm, they are sold out except for the rings. The non figure one is regular price, the one with figures is 25 bucks. So yeah depends on the area on these things.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    WWE stopped dealing with Hogan in 2014/15 after an interview from 2007 was released in which he made a lot of racist comments then a video tape of him was released. To distance themselves from the scandal they stopped making Hogan merchandise and even removed him from the Hall of Fame for a while.
    Over the last year though they have reinstated him to the HOF and used him briefly at some events.
    It would be cool for some new Hogan merchandise...especially an Origins style figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    WWE stopped dealing with Hogan in 2014/15 after an interview from 2007 was released in which he made a lot of racist comments then a video tape of him was released. To distance themselves from the scandal they stopped making Hogan merchandise and even removed him from the Hall of Fame for a while.
    Over the last year though they have reinstated him to the HOF and used him briefly at some events.
    It would be cool for some new Hogan merchandise...especially an Origins style figure.
    A couple of slight corrections:

The Sirius XM interview was from 2012. The comments he made were arguably racist or ignorant, but this didn't even make the WWE bat an eye since there wasn't much of a backlash.

The scandal tape that surfaced didn't make the WWE blink either, since Hogan was viewed as a victim of blackmail and Gawker.

However, after Hogan sued Gawker, they released another snippet of audio in which Hogan says some pretty racist remarks, which did cause him to get fired from the WWE.

Everyone assumed that Hogan would be reinstated after the heat died down, which is basically what happened. He's too lucrative a property for WWE for them to give him the Benoit treatment.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post

The Sirius XM interview was from 2012. The comments he made were arguably racist or ignorant, but this didn't even make the WWE bat an eye since there wasn't much of a backlash.

The scandal tape that surfaced didn't make the WWE blink either, since Hogan was viewed as a victim of blackmail and Gawker.

However, after Hogan sued Gawker, they released another snippet of audio in which Hogan says some pretty racist remarks, which did cause him to get fired from the WWE.

Everyone assumed that Hogan would be reinstated after the heat died down, which is basically what happened. He's too lucrative a property for WWE for them to give him the Benoit treatment.
    Been a while since I read all the details, I thought it was from 2007.
    They had plans for an Elite Hollywood Hogan that year but after the scandal that figure was scrapped and never released.
    I recall on all the packaging advertising his figures in the wave they covered over his picture with a WWE sticker.

The McMahons don't want losing out on the money he makes for them. As they say in wrestling "never say never". I have hears rumours he wants a match at this years Wrestlemania.
    Last edited by Mark M; February 3, 2020 at 06:30pm.

Heroic Warrior

I don't follow wrestling, but I don't like the whole "fire" someone to avoid negative press thing. Like, imo they shouldn't have brought him back. Idk, I get that there are no ethics in capitalism, and that companies don't have actual morals, but it feels a little shady and scummy.

Loyal Subjects’ next wave of WWE has Hogan in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I don't follow wrestling, but I don't like the whole "fire" someone to avoid negative press thing. Like, imo they shouldn't have brought him back. Idk, I get that there are no ethics in capitalism, and that companies don't have actual morals, but it feels a little shady and scummy.
    Speaking of shaddy morals if I am not mistaken I believe Hogan's return was due to a deal with the Saudi Arabia Prince who wanted him to appear on their PPV.

Saw these last night at a WM by me. They look even more dumb in person than what I've seen online. I could have maybe had some retro feels if all the wrestlers were from the 80s or even early 90s. But this is just a huge whiff to me. I hope this bombing doesn't have adverse effects on plans for Origins or any other actual MOTU thing Mattel does in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Saw these last night at a WM by me. They look even more dumb in person than what I've seen online. I could have maybe had some retro feels if all the wrestlers were from the 80s or even early 90s. But this is just a huge whiff to me. I hope this bombing doesn't have adverse effects on plans for Origins or any other actual MOTU thing Mattel does in the future.
    So we've reached a point where ones personal dislike of a series means that it has "bombed"? They've been sold out consistently online and in most stores since release and are going for double and triple their original price on eBay. That would indicate a success to me, or am I missing something?

I saw the Grayskull ring at a local Wal-Mart, didn't see any figures though. I assume they must have sold out.

So we've reached a point where ones personal dislike of a series means that it has "bombed"? They've been sold out consistently online and in most stores since release and are going for double and triple their original price on eBay. That would indicate a success to me, or am I missing something?
    Or they just haven't shown up in most places, or restocked often enough. It is Mattel after all.

Mine only got one of each, the international versions.

My closest Walmart, the only one I've visited in the past month, had the standalone ring show up right after Xmas. That was it until last week, when I saw the remnants of one case of figures (Finn Balor) and the ring & figures set on the clearance aisle for $20. Considering how low-traffic that Walmart is compared to the others in the area, that's a good sign that most of the stuff sold so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Or they just haven't shown up in most places, or restocked often enough. It is Mattel after all.
    So, let's say both of those are true. It would indicate Mattel can't keep up with demand rather than it's a massive bomb.

I live in Columbus Ohio. I have yet to come across any of these on the shelf. There's slots for them, and endcaps, but they've been bare since November. They sell out as soon as they hit the shelf, because Mattel is only sending out one case of each per week per store.

The only "peg warmer" I've seen has been the standalone ring. That's on Mattel for announcing the ring + two figure set at the same time. Most people just waited for the $30 three pack rather than the $20 ring.