Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1392

Thread: MOTU Origins x WWE Mash-Up Line - Masters of the WWE Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Hey, I appreciate you saying that.

Off the top of my head, there was Bobby Lashley as Clamp Champ, Vince McMahon, a repaint of Stephanie McMahon, George 'the animal' Steele as Moss Man, another Hogan repaint, the Great Khali as Megator, another Roddy Piper, and two possibles were Papa Shango as Scareglow or Skeletor and the unreleased Mick Foley as Man-E-Faces.

There were rights issues holding up a couple that may not have ever seen release, but they were hoping for a Texas Tornado as Sy-Klone, Big Boss Man as Zodac, and Koko B Ware with a Zoar motif. Some of these depended on whether the Origins line was getting the corresponding figure as well, so there's another big "if."
    I was thinking abut asking but knew it would just be cool stuff that would never be. Some of those sound really cool, even with out knowing the the wrestlers myself.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/29/2021

Got a bit of a lucky break at the flea market today. I picked up a "used but practically brand new" GrayskullMania Ring with John Cena and Terror Claws Triple H. No packaging but the ring, figures and all accessories are included and the thing looks practically untouched... all for $25 after my "loyal customer/I'm In The Wrestling Business" discount!

Considering I'm seeing these on eBay for about $50-100 brand new, I'd say that's a great deal. Since the line is coming to an end I'm going to be focusing on picking up more of the ones I missed, before everything skyrockets in price.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Got a bit of a lucky break at the flea market today. I picked up a "used but practically brand new" GrayskullMania Ring with John Cena and Terror Claws Triple H. No packaging but the ring, figures and all accessories are included and the thing looks practically untouched... all for $25 after my "loyal customer/I'm In The Wrestling Business" discount!

Considering I'm seeing these on eBay for about $50-100 brand new, I'd say that's a great deal. Since the line is coming to an end I'm going to be focusing on picking up more of the ones I missed, before everything skyrockets in price.
    Nice grab!
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing." - Skeletor
    My thought on collecting.

Heroic Warrior
    In line like this I never thought or imaged about if the wrestlers get a cut. And that cut comes from WWE's cut.

So it's like the profits are getting split 3 ways. HEH! The comical irony. Not a fan of three way matches.

George "the Animal" Steele" as Moss Man. Khali as Megator. Texas Tornado as Sy-Kone. Papa Shango as Scareglow. Mick Foley as Man-E-Faces. Texas Tornado as Sy-Klone. Big Boss Man as Zodac and Koko B Ware as Zoar theamed all DUH! why didn't I think of that. They all make sense to me and make for a good combination.

On paper that seems like a couple solid waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Hey, I appreciate you saying that.

Off the top of my head, there was Bobby Lashley as Clamp Champ, Vince McMahon, a repaint of Stephanie McMahon, George 'the animal' Steele as Moss Man, another Hogan repaint, the Great Khali as Megator, another Roddy Piper, and two possibles were Papa Shango as Scareglow or Skeletor and the unreleased Mick Foley as Man-E-Faces.

There were rights issues holding up a couple that may not have ever seen release, but they were hoping for a Texas Tornado as Sy-Klone, Big Boss Man as Zodac, and Koko B Ware with a Zoar motif. Some of these depended on whether the Origins line was getting the corresponding figure as well, so there's another big "if."

This is really one of those lines that should have been moved away from Walmart exclusivity after a period of time as had been done with Origins. I personally feel that the exclusive nature of this line really hurt it.

From the start of this line I have only found two figures in one distant Walmart store. I have never been able to successfully order any on their website (my orders were cancelled) and when they were available for "in store pickup" by orders were always subbed with He-Man and Skeletor figures.

I had been hunting this line since the day it was announced and the only items I were ever able to get in store are the Grayskull ring (at Big Lots no less) and two random wave 6 figures found in a distant Walmart location. Everything else came from ebay at double the price.

If this line had moved to BBTS it would have been a really good thing.

What's funny is, earlier today on another forum someone was insisting to me that Origins is dying because "I can't walk into a store and buy them, which means kids can't either and if a toy can't be bought at retail then it's dying." And he used Masters of the WWE Universe as an example of a line that was "doing well" and "easy to find" by comparison.

I confess, it gave me a smidge of joy to tell them the MOTWWEU line was recently cancelled and that their entire line of thinking was completely wrong.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    This is really one of those lines that should have been moved away from Walmart exclusivity after a period of time as had been done with Origins. I personally feel that the exclusive nature of this line really hurt it.

From the start of this line I have only found two figures in one distant Walmart store. I have never been able to successfully order any on their website (my orders were cancelled) and when they were available for "in store pickup" by orders were always subbed with He-Man and Skeletor figures.

I had been hunting this line since the day it was announced and the only items I were ever able to get in store are the Grayskull ring (at Big Lots no less) and two random wave 6 figures found in a distant Walmart location. Everything else came from ebay at double the price.

If this line had moved to BBTS it would have been a really good thing.
    Yeah as a UK guy I loved the line and I showed it to my friend who's a gigantic wrestling fan (was planning on watching wrestlemania as part of his stag night) and he got obsessed with the line even though he's not touched a Motu figure in his life. Only to be disappointed when I told him it's like gold dust over here and 3 times as expensive
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

loved this line. shame we never saw
    Legion of doom/ Road warriors...Mighty masters of spikes,
    Rick Rude...Ravishing master of the moustache!,
    Tank Abbott......heroic master of brawling,
    Steve Blackman as jitsu/ ninjor,
    Bobby Heenan....Mighty wearer of the weasel suit!,
    and of course.......Rico....Fabulous master of glitter, yes, glitter!
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

"everything will probably not be all right, but we have to try." V. Putin
    " sometimes it is necessary to be lonely in order to prove that you are right." V. Putin

My local WM tossed the Steph wave to the Clearance Aisle.

I hope that donít mean they wonít cast later (final) waves.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    My local WM tossed the Steph wave to the Clearance Aisle.

I hope that donít mean they wonít cast later (final) waves.
    Maybe these last two waves will be coming pre-loaded into an aisle display for the holidays instead of case assortments like they've been shipping.

Widget
    Daniel Bryan wouldíve made a good Moss Man mashup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Maybe these last two waves will be coming pre-loaded into an aisle display for the holidays instead of case assortments like they've been shipping.
    Hope theyíre not even more impossible to get. Iíve been lucky with this line, but I know many have had very little luck finding this stuff.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Haven't read this thread in a while. Line is cancelled? Wow.
    They have only ever released every other wave in Canada. Seriously. Wave 1, no. Wave 2, yes. And so on.
    The first figure I bought was Rey Mysterio. Looks like the last one I get will be the same guy, lol. The new version is looking pretty sweet.

I passed on the latest Warrior figure when I saw him, but saw him on Walmart's site tonight and ordered him.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    ÖThe first figure I bought was Rey Mysterio. Looks like the last one I get will be the same guy, lol. The new version is looking pretty sweet...
    Rey was my first too. Iím hoping to get them all, but I donít want to have to spend $60 on Sting.

My first was the original Macho Man they did. Y'know what's funny is that these figures accidentally kinda sidewinded me into collecting Origins. I was a little out of the loop on what had been going on with MOTU figures for a long while, and I was just picking up a few of the Super 7 throwback Filmation figures here and there. So I had no idea that Origins was getting ready to come out. I saw the first Wave and was like "Huh! That's actually super neat." I loved the whole mash-up concept, and I loved the more modern articulation on the retro scale, and I said, "Man, if a regular He-Man line came out like this, I'd buy the hell out of it." Lo and behold I go online to find out more about those figures, and some other MOTU figures I was looking to pick up, and I found out about the then-upcoming Origins line.

Hopefully the Superstars "replacement" line will still be pretty cool. There's just something about this scale and articulation and everything that works really, really well for wrestling figures. It's not the most true-to-life but it's like they sort of make the characters bigger-than-life, if that makes sense. Like they walk a line between being incredibly realistic but also a bit exaggerated but not in a cartoony way. And it works really well for the "classic" superstars in particular since everything in wrestling was amped up like a big comic book back in the 80s and early 90s.

It's just a really inspired and creative way of doing a "retro" or throwback line.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Y'know what's funny is that these figures accidentally kinda sidewinded me into collecting Origins.
    This is true for me as well. I was perfectly happy focusing on collecting the MOTU Mega Construx (which is still my primary collection). Then they went and made a Mr. T figure, and now I have everything Origins they've released and a lot of the WWE Masters as well.

Widget
    Yeah, I was avoiding Origins because I have a near complete vintage (North American) figure collection on display (and a bunch of the reto Super 7) and some of the paint jobs I saw in reviews looked sloppy, but I saw Adam on the Sky Sled for half price at Target and couldn’t resist. Test swapping out his parts with NWO Macho and caped Warrior was fun. I might need to get some more just to have those options (and have 5.5 figures that are way more posable than my vintage).

Got my package from walmart. 2 t-shirts and the Warrior. They bent the card to fit it in the little box with the shirts. I'm a loose collector, so I don't care, but imagine wanting it carded?
    Glad to have these though!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Got my package from walmart. 2 t-shirts and the Warrior. They bent the card to fit it in the little box with the shirts. I'm a loose collector, so I don't care, but imagine wanting it carded?
    Glad to have these though!
    I tried to collect these MOC but it was near impossible. I caved in and opened them
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I tried to collect these MOC but it was near impossible. I caved in and opened them
    You chose wisely. lol

Bill Goldberg has been pegwarming for a few months here. So since I now have the rest of the wave, I decided to pick up poor old Bill and complete the wave. Surprisingly, his axe isn't a MOTUC reuse, which I was 100% expecting :O

If any of you guys in the UK are after the MAsters of the WWE Universe figures.
    https://www.wrestlingshop.com/master...-wwe-universe/

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know what color Bray Wyatt's arms might be?

I'm hoping we get black arms at some point so I can make some Injustice vs MOTU inspired customs.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Does anyone know what color Bray Wyatt's arms might be?

I'm hoping we get black arms at some point so I can make some Injustice vs MOTU inspired customs.
    You could always just get some synthetic dye and dye them black.

So whats the official word on this?: All my local Walmarts completely skipped waves 3 and 4 and went straight to waves 5 and 6 (which have now been clearanced to $5 and taken off the planogram). Were waves 3 and 4 exclusive to Canada or something? I only wanted one Mr. T but he never showed up on the pegs.
    --- HERB HAZELTON passed away on 12-24-02 after a long illness. Since 1964 he worked as head model designer & layout artist for Cathedral Films, Filmation, Ruby-Spears, Hanna-Barbera, New World, Universal, Adelaide & DreamWorks. His credits included The Batman/Superman Hour, Star Trek: TAS, He-Man, and She-Ra. Rest in peace and God bless, Uncle Herb. (See his self portrait drawing in my avatar)---

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    So whats the official word on this?: All my local Walmarts completely skipped waves 3 and 4 and went straight to waves 5 and 6 (which have now been clearanced to $5 and taken off the planogram). Were waves 3 and 4 exclusive to Canada or something? I only wanted one Mr. T but he never showed up on the pegs.
    I'm not really sure, but I'm in Texas and picked up Mr. T in store. Keep in mind that each Walmart can have a different planogram depending on their sales. So if one Walmart is selling MOTWWEU and the one accross town is not one will keep them on the planogram while the other will clear them out.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/29/2021