Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixel Dan interview at SDCC 2019 with Brian Flynn from Super7 about MOTU & more

Pixel Dan interview at SDCC 2019 with Brian Flynn from Super7 about MOTU & more

Pixel Dan talks with Brian Flynn from Super7 at SDCC 2019 and learns about the status of MOTU and other projects. Check it out:
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I'm glad there's still some involvement with MOTUC. I made a comment about it on FB and someone replied that they no longer were... even though Brian alluded to the contrary

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It sounds like mostly good news for MOTUC and Thundercats.

Heroic Warrior
    Pixel Dan said on Twitter the 5.5 Filmation line is done. We will get the products on pre order but nothing more. I see why Super7 had so many on pre order.

I'm kinda not surprised about that, simply because of the "Origins" line coming out. It's a very similar product. It wouldn't make much sense to continue the 5.5 Filmation figures when you can already see a figure like Man-at-arms Origins has a moustache and looks similar to the Filmation character.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    Pixel Dan said on Twitter the 5.5 Filmation line is done.
    I must have missed this comment. How long ago was this confirmed?

Also, sounds like Classics is kind of dead in the water and Thundercats is finally going to come back. Just give me my Grune the Destroyer already!
    As for the Super7 TMNT stuff, I just don't see how it can stack up to what NECA is doing. NECA is absolutely killing it right now!

Heroic Warrior
    7A1F782D-9A3D-44A2-999E-0C0C179D9FFD.jpeg

Glad we have bunch coming on pre order to bad the line had to end so early.

ReAction Master
    Well, I’m glad we got the 5.5s we did. They’re beautiful figures.

Looking forward to more ReAction!

It is sad about the 5.5" S7 toyline, many of us were asking for a vintage line revival since a decade... :/

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, seeing as Mattel is taking up the vintage 5.5 figures it wouldn’t make much sense for S7 to make them as well. I do hope the Classics will continue though.

Frustrating that Brian STILL can't give definitive answers on MOTU stuff, though I understand it's out of his hands. At the very least, the people who have said it's a "fact" that Super7 lost the license need to stop saying that, as he confirmed that is definitely false.

Hopefully the tow 7" lines will continue. I am fine with less frequent releases as long as they keep chugging along. As many have said, Classics is a line that should never die!

Sad to hear the end of the 5.5 line since there were a lot of "what if" characters that didn't make it. I certainly hope Mattel considers those characters for the Origins line, but the fact that it's aimed at retail has me worried they'll play it too safe with that line.

Also frustrating that he can't talk about Thundercats. They have figures to show off but can't yet...ugh! Hopefully at Power Con.

Also really excited for the TMNT 7" line that will be based off the vintage toys. We've not seen that yet, and it sounds promising.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Any update on shipping status of 5.5” Wave 3/4, CG Wave 4, and Stout Collection?

Court Magician
    cappinfro, that's exactly what I want to know. I guess you and I are the only ones who care.

I'm fine with Super7 no longer doing 5.5, for if even only in my imagination, that means there's more bandwidth to continue Classics / CC. It also means there will be that much less noise to the signal coming from Super7, in terms of MOTU stuff, and that I can safely (and happily) ignore all the output of Mattel on the matter.

That aside. I appreciate Brian opening up and being honest such as he can be under the circumstances. Overall, it was a great interview. Much appreciation to Pixel Dan and Brian Flynn.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by cappinfro View Post
    Any update on shipping status of 5.5” Wave 3/4, CG Wave 4, and Stout Collection?
    As said in the interview, there should be an email coming out today updating us on MOTU items.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Glad to hear it looks like MOUTC isn't over and ThuncerCats is happening.
    Also glad to hear MOTUC ReAction is continuing.
    Personally I wasn't interested in most of the 5.5" line as they were Filmation variants. I only got the never produced characters like He-Ro, Eldor, She-Ra, Shadow Waver. But disappointed for the fans of that line. I would have loved it if they'd been able to do more never produced characters like Karg, Scorpia or Skelecon's.
    Any word on MUSCLE or if they'll release the POP/Horde waves in the traditional MUSCLE flesh colour?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    As said in the interview, there should be an email coming out today updating us on MOTU items.
    Sorry, thought the email only pertained to Snake Mountain since that was all Dan asked about. Thanks

Heroic Warrior
    I do agree. Though it would be cool to see MOTU at retail again. What I think killed the 2002 line were the billion variants of He-Man and Skeletor. I hope Mattel doesn’t fall into that trap again. With S7 it’s classics and Reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Glad to hear it looks like MOUTC isn't over and ThuncerCats is happening.
    Also glad to hear MOTUC ReAction is continuing.
    Personally I wasn't interested in most of the 5.5" line as they were Filmation variants. I only got the never produced characters like He-Ro, Eldor, She-Ra, Shadow Waver. But disappointed for the fans of that line. I would have loved it if they'd been able to do more never produced characters like Karg, Scorpia or Skelecon's.
    Any word on MUSCLE or if they'll release the POP/Horde waves in the traditional MUSCLE flesh colour?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I must have missed this comment. How long ago was this confirmed?

Also, sounds like Classics is kind of dead in the water and Thundercats is finally going to come back. Just give me my Grune the Destroyer already!
    As for the Super7 TMNT stuff, I just don't see how it can stack up to what NECA is doing. NECA is absolutely killing it right now!
    If they're doing them in the toy style, then there's definitely room for them beside what NECA is doing. Just imagine the line past the Turtles, and imagine the Four Horsemen doing some of the more detailed Playmates toy designs like Pizza Face, Mutagen Man, etc.

They already knocked Toxic Avenger out of the park and that's a very similar design, also from Playmates.

Plus, if Super7 is releasing them in 4-6 figure waves every six months or so, they'll quickly lap NECA's output. And being able to buy them direct instead of praying they show up at your Target is far superior.

Widget
    As long as MOTU reaction is continuing i'm very happy, and reaction Thundercats for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    Yeah, seeing as Mattel is taking up the vintage 5.5 figures it wouldn’t make much sense for S7 to make them as well. I do hope the Classics will continue though.
    mattel is back? i hope they continue the POG line .. wishful thinking here
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Court Magician
    The vintage line is dead? This makes me so mad buying all of them since I was expecting s7 to make many more as they said they would. ERRRRR!

Despite there were no toys shown in this video with S7 it was the most informative and fun video related to MOTU from SDCC 2019.
    Happy to hear MOTUC and other 6.5/7 inch is still being considered to continue I will definitely support it.

Cool interview! Pixel Dan and Brian have a very likeable attitude, able to share their excitement for toys. So more to come...and using sight beyond sight: more Thundercats! COOOOOOL!
    So exciting, wish I could be at the SDCC now. I managed to visit NYCC in 2018...it's so cool those comic conventions...I love them! Anyone who is there: ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Glad to hear it looks like MOUTC isn't over
    Where exactly is this stated in the interview?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Did not receive a mail so far.