Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Keep Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice going!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    To all those who have posted their support and good thoughts here, thank you! We all want more Masters of the Universe/Collector's Choice figures.

For those on Twitter, please check out and follow this new repurposed page to #TellMattel to #ContinueMOTUC

https://twitter.com/ClassicsMOTU

So far the response has been great!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    To all those who have posted their support and good thoughts here, thank you! We all want more Masters of the Universe/Collector's Choice figures.

For those on Twitter, please check out and follow this new repurposed page to #TellMattel to #ContinueMOTUC

So far the response has been great!
    Oh yeah I highly recommend this page to all on Twitter. Show your support!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    It’s actually kind of hilarious how much we’ve debated MOTUC’s hibernation in the wake of Origins, Revelations, and The Movie.

You do all realize that this is what happened at Mattel:

Exec:
    OK, guys, new movie coming up, Marketing 101 says we need to clear the channel of old product and product lines!

Everyone in meeting:
    “Yep!”

And that was it. Meanwhile, at the .ORG, we have a dozen threads and hundreds of posts and diatribes, debating Mattel’s mindset and decision making in that pivotal moment.
    I think you mean renege on a contract they signed on to with Super7 in order to not have any competition.

I've worked in marketing for 15 years. Business plans usually fail for companies that cannibalize their own brand.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    Oh, Mattel’s lawyers handled that in a 10 minute phone call.

Mattel:
    “So, no more motu product buddy!”

Brian Flynn:
    “You can’t take our license, it has 3 more years”

Mattel:
    “Fine. Keep the license. But you need our written approval for all new product, and you won’t be getting that, ever again.”

Brian Flynn:
    “Dude, jeez.”

Mattel:
    “And if you complain publicly about us we’ll sue.”

Brian Flynn:
    “I guess I’m sorry?”
    Dude stop with the dramatic Role Playing You have no clue what took place between Mattel and Super7.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Dude stop with the dramatic Role Playing You have no clue what took place between Mattel and Super7.
    I believe he left out the part where Brian was on the toilet while he was talking to Mattel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Friends, is so obvius classics is over, they dont said because dont want hate to Origins, is so logic. Is time to undestand the line 2008-2019, thats hibernation is a great lie.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karatzis View Post
    Friends, is so obvius classics is over, they dont said because dont want hate to Origins, is so logic. Is time to undestand the line 2008-2019, thats hibernation is a great lie.
    At the beginning of the year I was 100% sure about that and more I was trying to find a response and more I was sure about that.

But the good point is Super7 did not lose the license and apparently Brian really want to keep making Classics.

There are apparently still some negotiations and I cross my fingers Brian will succeed to convince Mattel to let him make Classics.

And collector fellows are making some noise for Classics on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/wewantmoremotu
    https://www.instagram.com/wewantmoremotu/

So there is still a hope...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Karatzis View Post
    Well, since we won't get Snake Mountain until 2020, can we at least say 2008-2020 then? lol!
    I don't think people should give up hope completely. Remember, there's a possibility that we'll still have the Power-Con exclusives (I hope).
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Well, since we won't get Snake Mountain until 2020, can we at least say 2008-2020 then? lol!
    I don't think people should give up hope completely. Remember, there's a possibility that we'll still have the Power-Con exclusives (I hope).
    I think chuc98 is correct in what he stated. "I've worked in marketing for 15 years. Business plans usually fail for companies that cannibalize their own brand."

Mattel might be in for a rude awakening, they are putting all their eggs in one basket. Their movie could tank at the box office, then they are stuck with all these toys they can't unload.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I'd just received the Power-Con 2019 CC Figures (Slamurai, etc) yesterday. It was such a refreshing thing to once again open up a new MOTUC box for the first time in what's felt like a long time.

The figures turned out great! This is what MOTUC/CC is all about -- if only there was a way we could keep the figures/sets like this coming more frequently. That aside, I'm very happy with some more CC figures to add to my collection!

ps. I would be remiss not to express my sincere gratitude to Val and all the others responsible for getting us Power-Con CC figures this year!
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i read a blog where they mentioned the idea of amazon exclusives like alpha flight. how do we get mattel to consider that idea?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Widget
    hopefully the netflix series does well and rerelease MOTUC at retail or atlas get MOTUC version of the netflix characters at retail

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    It feels weird not having any reveals to look forward to.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I would be all in for a William Stout Collection wave two from Super7 with 87 movie Evil-Lyn, The Beast Man, Man At Arms & Teela that would round out a nice 87 movie collection. Then Brian Flynn could always do a SDCC 87 movie two pack with Sorceress & Lubic or a two pack Of Skeletors Dark Troopers.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I would be all in for a William Stout Collection wave two from Super7 with 87 movie Evil-Lyn, The Beast Man, Man At Arms & Teela that would round out a nice 87 movie collection. Then Brian Flynn could always do a SDCC 87 movie two pack with Sorceress & Lubic or a two pack Of Skeletors Dark Troopers.
    I understand this request but the last wave was the only one I passed from the beginning.
    For me, it will not help keeping classics alive. I would prefer a very last wave with figures like hunga, masks of power demons or mehlakta ...

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I'm hoping at least Power-Con exclusives can keep Classics and Club Grayskull around.

2020... 35th Anniversary She-ra (produced by Mattel)
    Classics - Toy Catra (with purple cat form) and Starburst She-ra (with Loo-Kee release)
    Club Grayskull - Leech (with a Mattel Filmation Hordak head) and Bow (with Kowl rerelease)

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I'm hoping at least Power-Con exclusives can keep Classics and Club Grayskull around.

2020... 35th Anniversary She-ra (produced by Mattel)
    Classics - Toy Catra (with purple cat form) and Starburst She-ra (with Loo-Kee release)
    Club Grayskull - Leech (with a Mattel Filmation Hordak head) and Bow (with Kowl rerelease)
    I addressed similar concerns about this and Val kindly shed further light over that issue (RGD Ep181), saying:
    "Everything that Power-Con offers is inherently tied to whatever is available for the brand. So if Mattel is putting Classics
    on hibernation then that directly affects what Power Con can offer. We don't operate outside of Mattel and as I had
    mentioned on a previous episode we're now under contract with Mattel. So if they don't wanna do Classics we're not gonna
    have them at Power Con."

Basically, chances to see more figures, at least in a near future are pretty small.
    But hey, anything still can happen.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    I addressed similar concerns about this and Val kindly shed further light over that issue (RGD Ep181), saying:
    "Everything that Power-Con offers is inherently tied to whatever is available for the brand. So if Mattel is putting Classics
    on hibernation then that directly affects what Power Con can offer. We don't operate outside of Mattel and as I had
    mentioned on a previous episode we're now under contract with Mattel. So if they don't wanna do Classics we're not gonna
    have them at Power Con."

Basically, chances to see more figures, at least in a near future are pretty small.
    But hey, anything still can happen.
    I heard that on RGD, which is really a turnaround from what was said a few RGDs ago where Val said that Mattel was very aware of the interest in keeping Classics going, and he sounded very optimistic that they would have some kind of Classics offering for Power Con next year. I hope that is still the case and it wasn't suddenly changed.

I am one of those crazy collectors who'd definitely pay $80-$100+ to get new figures with new tooling. Heck, many of old Classics figures are going for over $100 these days and are selling, so there IS a market for it, even at that price.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    have them at Power Con."
    Some weeks ago comments on this implied that Classics could be kept alive through Power-Con offerings. Now the speech have changed to kind of close that door. It's a pity. Classics figures are one of those very few things I still indulge to myself.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I heard that on RGD, which is really a turnaround from what was said a few RGDs ago where Val said that Mattel was very aware of the interest in keeping Classics going, and he sounded very optimistic that they would have some kind of Classics offering for Power Con next year. I hope that is still the case and it wasn't suddenly changed.

I am one of those crazy collectors who'd definitely pay $80-$100+ to get new figures with new tooling. Heck, many of old Classics figures are going for over $100 these days and are selling, so there IS a market for it, even at that price.
    I know right? The wait is gonna hurt until Origins is being made available at retails,
    shows its actual viability and (hopefully) convinces Mattel to reconsider the expansion of
    the Motu license.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    It is a shame. I am just not interested in origins. I can only speak for myself, but this is the last line I am buying. I am either spending my money to expand my classics shelves, or spending no money at all.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Agreed. And I'm also one of those "crazy collectors" who wouldn't think (for I've never thought) twice about dropping $$$ to get new figures in the Classics (new tooling as a very very good thing, but not strictly necessary).

Please, by any/all means necessary: keep Classics going! And by Classics I mean Classics ala CC now. Not CG.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Widget
    I have less then zero interest in supporting anything in Origins. I will keep buying Classics and even Funko Pops but I have no interest at all in Origins.

I had said not to give up hope on MOTUC, but I never hinted when more MOTUC may specifically be coming.
    Mattel is very aware of the interest and desire for MOTUC. And I would like to keep offering MOTUC through Power-Con for years to come. But, like I said on Roast Gooble Dinner, Power-Con is tied to Mattel's offerings.

I am a huge MOTUC supporter, and I'm going to keep pushing for MOTUC until someone at Mattel tells me to stop asking.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I had said not to give up hope on MOTUC, but I never hinted when more MOTUC may specifically be coming.
    Mattel is very aware of the interest and desire for MOTUC. And I would like to keep offering MOTUC through Power-Con for years to come. But, like I said on Roast Gooble Dinner, Power-Con is tied to Mattel's offerings.

I am a huge MOTUC supporter, and I'm going to keep pushing for MOTUC until someone at Mattel tells me to stop asking.
    MOTU Origins Anti-Eternia He-Man Power-con Exclusive confirmed!!!! I can read between the lines!!!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.