Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 620

Thread: Keep Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice going!

  1. #551
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I've been looking for that set for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. What did it cost you?
    Around 260usd total, and for my personal standard it is too much.
    I normally dont go beyond 200usd for an item but I just want to complete the collection badly and prices gets high every year. It is like now or never moment for me.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  2. #552
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,599
    Hi guys, I need some help. I don't usually open my sealed collection so I am having sort of a problem. Can you please tell me if the mini comics included in the Classics Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor is sealed inside its box packaging? Is it hidden? Thank you in advance.

    UPDATE:

    Got lucky with some google and youtube searches, the mini comics can be found inside the packaging box behind the inner cardboard.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; December 9, 2021 at 11:29am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  3. #553
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,599
    Its been awhile since I scored a Classics after completing the Ultimates Edition variants.
    But I am glad to re-acquire a Classics Hordak after I sold mine a few years ago when I switched to Classics Club Grayskull line. Planning to let go of my place holder Classics Buzz Saw Hordak now.



    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  4. #554
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    East York, Ontario
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Its been awhile since I scored a Classics after completing the Ultimates Edition variants.
    But I am glad to re-acquire a Classics Hordak after I sold mine a few years ago when I switched to Classics Club Grayskull line. Planning to let go of my place holder Classics Buzz Saw Hordak now.

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b76a0488dd.jpg

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Congrats. I always prefer that Hordak over the Filmation Hordak. And even though I'm glad we got Imp once the Filmation license was required, I loved that they changed his bat shield into an Imp-like demonic bat creature. One of the best changes they did with an accessory in Classics.

  5. #555
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Congrats. I always prefer that Hordak over the Filmation Hordak. And even though I'm glad we got Imp once the Filmation license was required, I loved that they changed his bat shield into an Imp-like demonic bat creature. One of the best changes they did with an accessory in Classics.
    Thanks, agree, I believe that redesigned bat is actually called "Minion".

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  6. #556
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,599
    Another acquisition, another win for me, Battle Armor Skeletor at last. Only need He-Man and the Phase 3 of my MOTUC Collection is done.



    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  7. #557
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Another acquisition, another win for me, Battle Armor Skeletor at last. Only need He-Man and the Phase 3 of my MOTUC Collection is done.
    Congratulations! Getting Classics figures these day is always a refreshing experience!
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  8. #558
    Heroic Warrior Despondor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Subternia
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Another acquisition, another win for me, Battle Armor Skeletor at last. Only need He-Man and the Phase 3 of my MOTUC Collection is done.

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...238baa38f8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a13eb16283.jpg

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Sweet!

    Battle Armor Skeletor is one of my two favorite Classics figures (tied with Scareglow) and the only Classics figure that I ended up getting three times: one to keep in package, one to put the Skeletor-with-a-missing-tooth head on, and one to put the extra head that came with The Unnamed One on. (I ended up using the Skeletor body that came with the Molar set with the Alcala Skeletor head.) Battle Armor Skeletor has always been my favorite version of Skeletor in the vintage line, in Classics, and - so far - in Origins.

  9. #559
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    5
    congrats

    - - - Updated - - -

    congrats

    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Another acquisition, another win for me, Battle Armor Skeletor at last. Only need He-Man and the Phase 3 of my MOTUC Collection is done.

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...238baa38f8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a13eb16283.jpg

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

  10. #560
    Heroic Warrior Alexxandar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    974

    Missing MOTUC

    Still missing the Classics line, the remaining figures would be welcomed if in the Classics style.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; July 12, 2022 at 09:36pm.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Hunga the Harpy, Admiral Scurvy, Skytree, Songster and new heads for Double Trouble and Leech.

  11. #561
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Congratulations! Getting Classics figures these day is always a refreshing experience!
    Thanks.It sure is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Despondor View Post
    Sweet!

    Battle Armor Skeletor is one of my two favorite Classics figures (tied with Scareglow) and the only Classics figure that I ended up getting three times: one to keep in package, one to put the Skeletor-with-a-missing-tooth head on, and one to put the extra head that came with The Unnamed One on. (I ended up using the Skeletor body that came with the Molar set with the Alcala Skeletor head.) Battle Armor Skeletor has always been my favorite version of Skeletor in the vintage line, in Classics, and - so far - in Origins.
    Never owned a Scareglow and sure want to own one someday.

    Quote Originally Posted by D_E View Post
    congrats

    - - - Updated - - -

    congrats
    Thanks.

    Reacquired a standard re-released Skeletor today. Not the best condition with the rubber ties disentegrated inside, and with a wrong mailer box too. But having a sealed one once again is a wonderful feeling.



    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  12. #562
    Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,914
    Wouldn't it be sweet if Mattel announced the return of Masters of the Universe Classics this SDCC?

    We still need Songster, Lady Slither, Scrollos, 200x re-deco/"disco" Skeletor, Starburst She-Ra, Crystal Moonbeam, Crystal Sun Dancer, etc....!

  13. #563
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Wouldn't it be sweet if Mattel announced the return of Masters of the Universe Classics this SDCC?

    We still need Songster, Lady Slither, Scrollos, 200x re-deco/"disco" Skeletor, Starburst She-Ra, Crystal Moonbeam, Crystal Sun Dancer, etc....!
    You know, as badly as I want Classics to return (I've been vocal on this forum about my fanaticism), I can admit that I'd want to see some updates to the buck incorporating the best aspects of Origins and Masterverse: pinless joints all around, ball-jointed torso like MV instead of the ab crunch, articulated wrists, and rocker ankles. Also, I'd want it to have fully swappable parts (head, arms, torso, hands, legs, and boots) for maximum customization potential. And for things like capes I'd be ok with using soft goods, because while the plastic capes look better, they're useless for posing.

  14. #564
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,419
    You know, progress must be made and toy industry evolves very fast, they are just pushing Masterverse to compete with similar offering on the market but Classics still a solid line with best sculpt and passion for MOTU was very evident there.......I agree to move on from Classics but you never know, after all in 2001 they released a commemorative vintage line edition......to celebrate the 80s era

    said that I've been treated too much good with Classics and not gonna substitute with this new line for a new generation of fans and not only, I have already invested 10 years of toy collecting for MOTU and not gonna sail this ship....I already have an adult collector line but it's good MASTERVERSE is giving more exposure to the franchise and a chance to old and new collectors to collect good MOTU stuff

    Last edited by Triklops 1; July 14, 2022 at 06:12pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

  15. #565
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,501
    Anyone else notice the absence of classics He-man from the "Evolution of He-man" marketing? They have vintage, NA, 200x, Origins, Masterverse, and HMatMOTU versions, but no Classics. I think that is a loud and clear answer to anyone calling for a Classics comeback.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  16. #566
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Anyone else notice the absence of classics He-man from the "Evolution of He-man" marketing? They have vintage, NA, 200x, Origins, Masterverse, and HMatMOTU versions, but no Classics. I think that is a loud and clear answer to anyone calling for a Classics comeback.
    Maybe they didn't want to shell out the exorbitant price to buy one off Ebay

  17. #567
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Maybe they didn't want to shell out the exorbitant price to buy one off Ebay
    THAT is a great point.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  18. #568
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    8,573
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Anyone else notice the absence of classics He-man from the "Evolution of He-man" marketing? They have vintage, NA, 200x, Origins, Masterverse, and HMatMOTU versions, but no Classics. I think that is a loud and clear answer to anyone calling for a Classics comeback.
    Mattel has always had sloppy marketing when it comes to MotU. Looking at the images posted on social media, I don't see Origins either. Heck the "vintage" He-Man and Skeletor are probably either bootlegs or reissues.

    IMG_3348.jpgIMG_3349.jpg
    Last edited by chuc98; July 17, 2022 at 07:22pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  19. #569
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Anyone else notice the absence of classics He-man from the "Evolution of He-man" marketing? They have vintage, NA, 200x, Origins, Masterverse, and HMatMOTU versions, but no Classics. I think that is a loud and clear answer to anyone calling for a Classics comeback.
    Yeah, I noticed that. That picture is supposed to celebrate 40 years of the character, 10 of which were for Classics only, when there was no media to support the franchise, so you would say Classics deserved to have representation in those pics. Classics kept the franchise alive, maybe in critical life support from the financial point of view, but it kept fans talking about it and created demand. So, either itís a message that Classics is not in any Mattelís plans, or it was inept marketing. We know for sure that most Mattel executives didnít even know about the existence of Classics.
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  20. #570
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,575
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    We know for sure that most Mattel executives didnít even know about the existence of Classics.
    What's the story behind that?
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  21. #571
    Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,501
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that. That picture is supposed to celebrate 40 years of the character, 10 of which were for Classics only, when there was no media to support the franchise, so you would say Classics deserved to have representation in those pics. Classics kept the franchise alive, maybe in critical life support from the financial point of view, but it kept fans talking about it and created demand. So, either itís a message that Classics is not in any Mattelís plans, or it was inept marketing. We know for sure that most Mattel executives didnít even know about the existence of Classics.
    I believe that is correct...and the ones that DO REMEMBER are trying to get "beyond" Classics and acting like the line never existed. One of the reasons (many) Classics are worth so much on the secondary market is that people are still discovering the line. I think there are a good number of people buying Masterverse or Origins and learning about Classics as they search, and upon seeing the depth of figures, the 4H designs, and the vehicles and playsets, they end up wanting these figures instead of what Mattel is actively selling.

    Is this enough people that it would make Mattel start making Classics again? Probably not. But it is enough people that will save up to buy a $100 Classics figure than buy something they don't want at Target for 30.00--and I can see where Mattel would not want to market or even acknowledge MOTUC in order to keep as many customers as they can.

    Its really a shame, I feel like they could have managed all the lines by keeping the Classics license with S7 as a collector's route, then still developed their own in-house plans...I mean that seems to be what Hasbro is doing with S7 currently.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

  22. #572
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    What's the story behind that?
    It was mentioned in a couple of articles/posts from insiders. The Classics line was so tiny in the big schemes of Mattel that most executives didn't even know it existed. And the line was "managed" in the "spare" time of the team that worked on it. But I don't have the exact links to those comments at hand to share.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I believe that is correct...and the ones that DO REMEMBER are trying to get "beyond" Classics and acting like the line never existed. One of the reasons (many) Classics are worth so much on the secondary market is that people are still discovering the line. I think there are a good number of people buying Masterverse or Origins and learning about Classics as they search, and upon seeing the depth of figures, the 4H designs, and the vehicles and playsets, they end up wanting these figures instead of what Mattel is actively selling.

    Is this enough people that it would make Mattel start making Classics again? Probably not. But it is enough people that will save up to buy a $100 Classics figure than buy something they don't want at Target for 30.00--and I can see where Mattel would not want to market or even acknowledge MOTUC in order to keep as many customers as they can.

    Its really a shame, I feel like they could have managed all the lines by keeping the Classics license with S7 as a collector's route, then still developed their own in-house plans...I mean that seems to be what Hasbro is doing with S7 currently.
    Reading this post I remembered what was said when Origins was starting: basically Classis was on a hiatus, that would allow to shift demand to Origins. Some years ago, if you googled Masters of the Universe, you would get a lot of search results and images from related to Classics. Someone explained that the marketing strategy was to "clean the desk", meaning to change that situation about searches to gradually "bury" Classics. Well, it seems they're still trying to do that!

    And yes, I never understood why S7 could not keep the license to offer the obscure characters for those collectors that had such interest (I fully understand Classics was not a fit for Mattel's business model)
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  23. #573
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    And yes, I never understood why S7 could not keep the license to offer the obscure characters for those collectors that had such interest (I fully understand Classics was not a fit for Mattel's business model)
    I guess their bean counters assume that "someone buying a MOTU Ultimates Super7 figure is someone not buying our umpteenth repaint of Origins He-Man."

    Sure Mattel - Super7 Classics versions of Tug 'O War and Hans Hammer Holder are real threats to your bottom line.

    ******* ******.
    Last edited by Durendal; July 18, 2022 at 04:19pm.

  24. #574
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I guess their bean counters assume that "someone buying a MOTU Ultimates Super7 figure is someone not buying our umpteenth repaint of Origins He-Man."

    Sure Mattel - Super7 Classics versions of Tug 'O War and Hans Hammer Holder are real threats to your bottom line.

    ******* ******.
    You nailed it!
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  25. #575
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,599
    First time owning a Classics Teela, i have the Ultimate Edition though.
    Glad this Mattel one is still sealed.

    I am truly happy with MOTU exposures nowadays. There are lots of nice offerings at the moment.SDCC exclusives, Mondo, Tweeterhead, Mattel and more and the brand is so alive. I am collecting regular released MV Revelation to support the brand on my own little way.


    But Classics is the main line for me.



    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •