Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice going!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

Keep Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice going!

This is a positive thread for those who want Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice to keep going!

After reading several posts the last few weeks, it is my honest opinion that Classics deserves to continue in any way it can, preferably via pre-orders from Super7 or Mattel, but whether it's just convention exclusives, 1987 movie figures only, variants only, etc.... I'll take whatever I can get! Of course it'd be wonderful to get more vintage line items like the Attak Trak, Land Shark, the Slime Pit, etc... or finish New Adventures, finally get the Masks of Power Demons, see fun variants like disco/200x re-deco Skeletor, get Starburst She-Ra and Shower Power Catra, etc... As many have pointed out, MOTUC is for niche collectors and is no real threat to Origins or any other new line coming down the pike. Snake Mountain proves the love is still there.

So if you're with me on that, please post your support here! Dear Mattel, we hope you're listening. Thank you!

*Filmation fans, I encourage you to make your own thread if you want the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe/Club Grayskull line to continue as well. This thread is just for MOTUC/Collector's Choice.

Classics is what I want to see more of. I am currently building some new display cases for all my lose classics figures. If they have to raise the price and do crowd funding so be it. I understand that at the end of the day making action figures is a business, and if I have to pay a bit more I will pay more. I think they could move some of the unmade variants such as Ice armor He-Man or Discs of Doom Skeletor.
    Load the spaceships with the rocket fuel!!!

YES YES YES! I want more beasts and vehicles!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    What I posted in a less positive thread

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I wish we could get :

Vehicules and creatures :

- Mantisaur
    - Attak track
    - Road ripper
    - Land Shark
    - Dragon Walker
    - Spydor

Playsets :

- Fright zone
    - Slim pit

Figures :

- All the 10 last NA characters to finish that line : Vizarr, Kayo, Nocturna, Hoove, Lizorr, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Butthead, Artilla
    - Many 200X variants like Teela, Sorceress, Randor, Miro, Tuvar and Baddrah, Odiphus
    - Some figures from concepts or mini comics : Slady slither, great black wizzard, Bubblor, Skeleteen, Masks of Power demons
    - The last 6 figures to finish Movie line : Sorceress, Teela, Man at arms, Skeletor's troopers, Beastman, Evil lyn
    - Maybe some Classizied Filmation figures like Hunga the harpy, Colonel Blast, Admiral Scurvy and Squall, Red knight, Melaktha, General Tataran ( if they come in Club Grayskull I am happy too as long as they are made )

That would be adressed to a small niche of hardcore collectors who want to get as many Motu that is possible to get and because of this, the small online super7 preorders are perfect. That will absolutely not interfer with the Mattel mass retail for Origins line.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

I love the Classics, I will continue to buy what gets produced. I think the classics style body and design translates well to other figure lines as well, like the Conan, and Thundercats figures, so I don't think it's going away.

As for vehicles and playsets, if you want something bad enough, sometimes you just have to make it yourself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I am in. Variants were never my thing but as long as never before released characters are being released I will get them, also filmation variants that look totally different like multi bot, count Marzo, king Miro. I am down

Yes. Yes! YES!

Long live MOTUC / CC!

I will continue to vote with my wallet in any and every way possible/practical to me to keep Classics proper going. I don't care if it is pre-orders, crowd-funded, waves at a time or single figures, convention exclusives, ... or whatever! Just please keep the Classics going!

Full disclosure: as far as collecting goes, I am interested in Classics and Classics only. So, no CG, no ReAction, no 5.5, no Origins, no anything else. My budget for MOTU collecting is 100% MOTUC!
    Last edited by The Timeless One; July 23, 2019 at 02:47pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

If things go that far, I see no reason why crowd funding cannot work.

There are hardcore fans out there who have money to spend, and at this point, Classics has lasted twice as long as the Vintage line did.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 23, 2019 at 02:39pm.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'd love to get classics versions of mini comic characters. Or lords of power classics. Anything really. Club grayskull too!

Heroic Warrior
    I still want classics to continue! There's still so much more I will buy!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I will support Classics to continue in any way, even if it is under other licenses like William Stout Collection or Spin-Offs like Fuerza-T. Long live Classics!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Yes! There are still SO many figures, vehicles and accessories to be made!

I've been all-in since 2009, so I definitely want this line to continue in any way it can!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I don't have that mat many MOTUC figures. The majority I have and the main characters I still want are New Adventures characters. The MOTU and She-Ra characters I want I can get easily on eBay.
    I really want Collectors Choice to keep going to finish Ne New Adventures.

I've been saying this for years. The price of MOTUC figures has stayed stable. I wish someone had made body blanks for custom figures. Sell them for $15-20. People would buy them up, as well as multicolored weapons and accessories in a plastic bag.

I have a few customs I wish I could make. I saw a custom head I wanted, and trying to get a body, it was going to be close to $100 to make the figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

While I’m excited about Origins, MOTUC is the best toy line ever, as far as I’m concerned. I still want so much from it: Skeleteen, the Great Black Wizard, Odiphus, Catra’s Panther Form, Tuvar, Badrah, Lady Slither, the Crimson Countess, Cursed Marzo, Hunga, Melaktha, Tug-O-War, Vintage Toy She-Ra, Spirit, Vintage Toy Catra, King Miro...

Keep it alive, be it with Super 7 or back at Mattel!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I have to admit, in terms of my anticipation and, say, the possibilities for covering both old (ie, "missing") and new material, MOTUC gives my primary and first collector-love of Transformers a run for the money, almost literally.

Apart from the Haslab Unicron, there's not much I'm willing to buy in the TF world for a while, it seems. MOTUC however is nothing but a vista of amazing potential. Take any person's wishlist posted here or in other threads for what MOTUC could/should release in the future -- I'm for any and/or all of it. Bring it on!

If someone held a gun to my head and asked me what I'd really like to see in future MOTUC -- and I mean Classics/CC proper -- waves, I suppose I'd cough out something like:

. Great Black Wizard
    . Lady Slither
    . Crimson Countess
    . Hunga
    . Shezar
    . William Stout Teela, MAA, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man... etc, etc.
    . Taran & Valtira
    . Miro
    . and easily a dozen others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

.. but again, I welcome it all, regardless of my particular (ad hoc) wishlist.

Long live Masters of the Universe Classics!
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Great thread, and absolutely Classics MUST continue!

At nearly 300 characters deep, we will never - let me repeat, NEVER - get to this point again in any other MOTU line. It simply won't happen.

And, really, why end it at all?

There's a new line, but it wouldn't be affected at all because Classics and Origins = apples and oranges.
    There's just no way characters like Hunga the Harpy and Lizorr, which would be made for a very hardcore fanbase, are going to compete with famous characters like Skeletor and Teela.

Classics doesn't sell as well anymore? Sadly, that is true. I mean, we aren't at the height of Classics frenzy anymore. However, the crowdfunding idea would make this a non-issue. Work out what the cost will be to make a specific figure, which will vary depending on tooling. Set a reasonable goal, then put up concept art of a character, promote it, and crowdfund it. If the character makes its goal, we're in business. If not, it doesn't get made. Something tells me that every character will hit its goal in this fandom. lol.

A roadblock here is where we'd be getting the figures from...

Mattel could be problematic since MattyCollector is gone. I don't think Mattel has the setup anymore to do straight-to-consumer stuff. They are a huge corporation, and it's a miracle that MattyCollector even existed at all. I guess they could go through the Mattel Store, but that's a pretty standard order site and doesn't seem to be set up for this kind of thing. I just worry that, without a Scott or a Brandon in there to operate an "underground toy company" within the corporation itself, that Mattel won't do it on their own, preferring to focus on the big retail stuff.

Super7 might make more sense, as it (a) wouldn't need to hit the numbers Mattel would and (b) is used to dealing with more niche stuff and (c) already got their feet wet by crowdfunding Snake Mountain. Just take that process and do it with every character. But that would depend on Mattel and whether Super7 could still do it. Brian said in Dan's interview that they want to make more Classics, so we'll see.

We also have Power-Con, thankfully, but the exclusives are pretty limited to parts reuse. And who knows how long Mattel will hold onto those steel molds? Hopefully, if nothing else, Classics can at least live on through Power-Con exclusives. But again, I don't foresee things like Sagitar and Lady Slither happening this way.

Ideally, I'd love for the Four Horsemen to get the license for Classics - Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull. I really think that would be the best case scenario. I don't even know if that's possible, but how cool would that be?

As for characters that are left, oh jeez, where do I start? lol! There are so many characters that I still want to see made, from ALL media! There are just tons of them. And that doesn't even include vehicles, beasts, accessories, and playsets.

If Marvel Legends can just keep on going and going and going, then why can't we? Other MOTU and POP lines can have the spotlight and their time in the sun. No problem. Just don't END Classics. Keep it going in the background of whatever big line is going on at the time. It would be a shame to just let it die.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; July 23, 2019 at 11:25pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Could not agree more with Penny Dreadful, which is both great and a little sad on some points, ha. Just a few thoughts to add.

Yes. Classics MUST (please*) continue!

* How/from where?

Mattel - sadly, I sort of agree with PD here. However, Hasbro is an even bigger corporation, and has a thing like Haslab for effectively crowdfunded projects. Okay, in their case, they are all much bigger items, and it is still sort of getting off the ground, but still. If Hasbro can do it, Mattel could -- if it wanted to -- do it, if you ask me. But then, I admit I'm no businessman and I know nothing of Mattel's inner workings, so. Yeah. Even so, it seems at least plausible, as I see it.

Super7 - Right. They seem well-suited in terms of scale.

Four Horsemen - By all that is good and powerful in the universe, may it be?! Ha. I don't want to take anything away from Mattel or Super7, but if you ask me, well over half of what makes MOTUC figures so great is the Four Horsemen's work on the line, the actual design and sculpts, etc. That aside, from what I understand they have the business model and infrastructure down, what with their Mythic Legions line, right? One can dream....

Vis a Vis Origins and other "new" lines?

What PD said. Moreover, if I may pivot in a perhaps controversial direction by emphasizing MOTUC's potential -- aside from covering what's "missing" to certain audiences -- to spawn new material into the MOTU mythos, new characters (contemporary and yet-unearthed/untapped vintage concepts), new backstory (via the bios, etc), wouldn't this be a net positive to even the possibility of ongoing, parallel new lines? I guess what I mean is, MOTUC continuing on could be like the thing that keeps adding new blood to the mix, quietly in the background to the fans who care for such. Perhaps that's it, but perhaps that can be the well for pulling creative for more contemporary lines. New blood that would be useful once any new line (or media, for that matter), say, Origins for example, once it runs out of "vintage appeal". If you ask me, any ongoing toyline needs an active inlet of new material. MOTUC could be the deep well from which more contemporary lines could draw, as such. MOTUC is already, by it very nature, coallating so much old, and adding so much new. Win-win in my mind.

Pardon me and my rambling, wishful thinking, if that's all it is. I'm just trying to be constructively expressive in my desire for MOTUC to continue, and in a way that pleases both current fans but also contributes to the ongoing MOTU agenda/saga for many years to come.

So, yes, Long Live Masters of the Universe Classics -- but it may also help the Long Life of Masters of the Universe as a whole, even if only indirectly.

edit: and I mean no disrespect to the powers that be, but I must remark on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful
    There's a new line, but it wouldn't be affected at all because Classics and Origins = apples and oranges.
    Right -- so why is Origins stuff parked in the Classics subforum? I don't think it does well to dilute or conflate one for the other, even unwittingly by way of (mis)categorization. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; July 23, 2019 at 11:43pm.

Court Magician
    Absolutely keep Classics going and keep it Classics highly detailed AMAZING figures. So much I want to see yet.

Finish the vintage New Adventures and Master Sebrian, The Twiggets, Hunga, King Miro, Colonel Blast, Admiral Scurvey, Red Knight, False Face, Enchantress, Negator, Kothos, General Tataran, Game Master, Darkdream, Shezar, Garth, Kol-Darr, Skeleteen, Lady Slither, BUbblor, Major Header, Ra-jar, Three Beast, Hans Hammer Holder, KAy-La, Lieutenat Andra, Crimson Countess, Waspus, Bug Eye, Sawtooth, Ever Mean, Missle-Toe, Odar, Air Bag, Man Crystal, Red Beast, Jet Pack, Compactor, Brainwave, Slob Boar, Fork Lift, Robo-Woman, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, Sharella, Grey, Vypor, Stretch Neck, and Quick Flick!!!!!!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Though being resigned these past few months,
    I'm gonna write down a few names that should make it in a worst case
    scenario where either Mattel or Super7 no longer believe in this plastic encyclopedia
    we love so much, but were nonetheless willing to complete what sounds essential to
    what's already in place:

* Skeleteen> Dare / He-Ro II
    * Hunga> Angella
    * MOP Demons> Prince Adam (blue vest), Fisto
    * Prince Dakon> Geldor
    * Miro> D'vann, He-Ro, Randor, Keldor
    * Lady Slither > King Hsss, The Unnamed One
    * Tuvar & Baddrah > Two Bad
    * Queen Andreeno > Buzz Off
    * Sorceress Teela > Teela
    * Green Goddess Teela > Teela
    * Horokoth > Evil-Lyn
    * NA faction > Skeletor, Flogg, darius, Mara, Karati, He-Man, Flipshot, Hydron etc...
    * Sky Tree & Manticore > Granamyr
    * Old Evil-Lyn > Evil-Lyn
    * Saryn > D'vann Grayskull, Keldor
    * Old Man Marzo > 200X Marzo
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motucfan4life View Post
    Absolutely keep Classics going and keep it Classics highly detailed AMAZING figures. So much I want to see yet.

Finish the vintage New Adventures and Master Sebrian, The Twiggets, Hunga, King Miro, Colonel Blast, Admiral Scurvey, Red Knight, False Face, Enchantress, Negator, Kothos, General Tataran, Game Master, Darkdream, Shezar, Garth, Kol-Darr, Skeleteen, Lady Slither, BUbblor, Major Header, Ra-jar, Three Beast, Hans Hammer Holder, KAy-La, Lieutenat Andra, Crimson Countess, Waspus, Bug Eye, Sawtooth, Ever Mean, Missle-Toe, Odar, Air Bag, Man Crystal, Red Beast, Jet Pack, Compactor, Brainwave, Slob Boar, Fork Lift, Robo-Woman, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, Sharella, Grey, Vypor, Stretch Neck, and Quick Flick!!!!!!
    I agree with your list but especially the ones in bold type

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Great thread, and absolutely Classics MUST continue!

At nearly 300 characters deep, we will never - let me repeat, NEVER - get to this point again in any other MOTU line. It simply won't happen.

And, really, why end it at all?

There's just no way characters like Hunga the Harpy and Lizorr, which would be made for a very hardcore fanbase, are going to compete with famous characters like Skeletor and Teela.

Classics doesn't sell as well anymore? Sadly, that is true. I mean, we aren't at the height of Classics frenzy anymore. However, the crowdfunding idea would make this a non-issue. Work out what the cost will be to make a specific figure, which will vary depending on tooling. Set a reasonable goal, then put up concept art of a character, promote it, and crowdfund it. If the character makes its goal, we're in business. If not, it doesn't get made. Something tells me that every character will hit its goal in this fandom. lol.

A roadblock here is where we'd be getting the figures from...

Mattel could be problematic since MattyCollector is gone. I don't think Mattel has the setup anymore to do straight-to-consumer stuff. They are a huge corporation, and it's a miracle that MattyCollector even existed at all. I guess they could go through the Mattel Store, but that's a pretty standard order site and doesn't seem to be set up for this kind of thing. I just worry that, without a Scott or a Brandon in there to operate an "underground toy company" within the corporation itself, that Mattel won't do it on their own, preferring to focus on the big retail stuff.

Super7 might make more sense, as it (a) wouldn't need to hit the numbers Mattel would and (b) is used to dealing with more niche stuff and (c) already got their feet wet by crowdfunding Snake Mountain. Just take that process and do it with every character. But that would depend on Mattel and whether Super7 could still do it. Brian said in Dan's interview that they want to make more Classics, so we'll see.

We also have Power-Con, thankfully, but the exclusives are pretty limited to parts reuse. And who knows how long Mattel will hold onto those steel molds? Hopefully, if nothing else, Classics can at least live on through Power-Con exclusives. But again, I don't foresee things like Sagitar and Lady Slither happening this way.

Ideally, I'd love for the Four Horsemen to get the license for Classics - Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull. I really think that would be the best case scenario. I don't even know if that's possible, but how cool would that be?

As for characters that are left, oh jeez, where do I start? lol! There are so many characters that I still want to see made, from ALL media! There are just tons of them. And that doesn't even include vehicles, beasts, accessories, and playsets.

If Marvel Legends can just keep on going and going and going, then why can't we? Other MOTU and POP lines can have the spotlight and their time in the sun. No problem. Just don't END Classics. Keep it going in the background of whatever big line is going on at the time. It would be a shame to just let it die.
    All has been said here
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; July 24, 2019 at 07:47am.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    What I posted in a less positive thread
    I wish we could get :

Vehicules and creatures :

- Mantisaur
    - Attak track
    - Road ripper
    - Land Shark
    - Dragon Walker
    - Spydor

Playsets :

- Fright zone
    - Slim pit

Figures :

- All the 10 last NA characters to finish that line : Vizarr, Kayo, Nocturna, Hoove, Lizorr, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Butthead, Artilla
    - Many 200X variants like Teela, Sorceress, Randor, Miro, Tuvar and Baddrah, Odiphus
    - Some figures from concepts or mini comics : Slady slither, great black wizzard, Bubblor, Skeleteen, Masks of Power demons
    - The last 6 figures to finish Movie line : Sorceress, Teela, Man at arms, Skeletor's troopers, Beastman, Evil lyn
    - Maybe some Classizied Filmation figures like Hunga the harpy, Colonel Blast, Admiral Scurvy and Squall, Red knight, Melaktha, General Tataran ( if they come in Club Grayskull I am happy too as long as they are made )

That would be adressed to a small niche of hardcore collectors who want to get as many Motu that is possible to get and because of this, the small online super7 preorders are perfect. That will absolutely not interfer with the Mattel mass retail for Origins line.

nice list but will buy any characters they will make

Well, I've said it many times in many threads that I want Classics (by which I mean Collector's Choice at this point) to go on forever. I want every character that ever appeared in any media - for any iteration of the property (including and especially New Adventures and Son of He-Man), any character that was scribbled on some concept notes or postulated in Mattel offices, any character Axel comes up with a design for... I'm all in and will buy everything. MOTU Classics/Collector's Choice is my favorite action figure line ever, bar none.

I never want it to end

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Well, I've said it many times in many threads that I want Classics (by which I mean Collector's Choice at this point) to go on forever. I want every character that ever appeared in any media - for any iteration of the property (including and especially New Adventures and Son of He-Man), any character that was scribbled on some concept notes or postulated in Mattel offices, any character Axel comes up with a design for... I'm all in and will buy everything. MOTU Classics/Collector's Choice is my favorite action figure line ever, bar none.

I never want it to end
    Completely agree!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I will support Classics to continue in any way, even if it is under other licenses like William Stout Collection or Spin-Offs like Fuerza-T. Long live Classics!
    I really feel like there should be some kind of workable deal for New Adventures and Preternian characters, which is where most of the gaps are. Maybe with some kind of branding worked out with Dreamworks and Mattel that drops the words He-Man and MOTU,

Call it “New Adventures of the Guardians of Primus” or “He-Ro and the Powers of Preternia” or something.