Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice going!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    MOTU Classics - If you make it I will buy it!

For me space is an issue, price is an issue, availability to the UK is an issue, but I still want/need more Classics
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

right there with you all!

I want to keep Classics going to fulfill my dream of Bubblor, of course... but also for like a zillion other great characters! And yeah, I'd be willing to pay a lot more for them too. (Putting money where my mouth is, etc...) But that's a whole other story...

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I'd rather have Collector's Choice and personally throw in Club Grayskull as well. I like the proportions better.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I would love for Masters of the Universe Classics to continue. But, not if it's still with Super7.

Count me in for more MOTUC CC. I would like to see Brian keep it going and I feel that he wants to keep it going. I also feel that crowd funding is the way to go. I am in for everything that has already been mentioned. My personal wish list would be something like:

200x Hawke
    Hunga the Harpy
    CC Kittrina
    Sharella
    Remaining NA
    Red Beast
    Masks of Power Demons
    Lady Slither
    Odifus
    Cursed Marzo
    King Miro
    Saryn (witch and regular)
    And the list goes on....

Just keep it going!
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I would love for Masters of the Universe Classics to continue. But, not if it's still with Super7.
    Don't get why you can say this.

They saved Classics 3 years ago and they offered many great figures and SNAKE MOUNTAIN ! They did a great job imo.
    They did have QC problem like Mattel did. That happens.

And anyway if that is not Super7 that will be nobody. So I would rather Super7 than never a dead Classics line.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    We also have Power-Con, thankfully, but the exclusives are pretty limited to parts reuse. And who knows how long Mattel will hold onto those steel molds? Hopefully, if nothing else, Classics can at least live on through Power-Con exclusives.
    Power-Con has been valuable by offering some good figures during the last few years, particularly the minicomic and concept characters.

The obvious question, though, is why should those figures not be regular releases in a line that has produced more obscure choices?

And, of course, cost is becoming prohibitive - we're approaching the point where Power-Con exclusives are four times the original cost of Classics figures. And while this arrangement supports the convention itself, I don't think this is the way to sustain the line.

Ideally, I'd love for the Four Horsemen to get the license for Classics - Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull. I really think that would be the best case scenario. I don't even know if that's possible, but how cool would that be?
    Four Horsemen Studios is going from strength to strength with the good quality of the Mythic Legions line - a welcome improvement on the very ropey quality of their early offerings. If they get the dreadful customer service worked out, they'll be in an even more respected position.

I think they would do a good job with the Classics licence - I'd hope they'd focus on the DC comics and minicomics in particular - and they'd certainly invigorate it.

But mention of another company holding the licence does invite speculation about what's going on with Masters right now. Why raise this as a possibility when Super7 still have the licence? I'm not sure what to read into that.

Anyway, in keeping with the point of the thread, I share the sentiment about keeping the line going!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Power-Con has been valuable by offering some good figures during the last few years, particularly the minicomic and concept characters.

The obvious question, though, is why should those figures not be regular releases in a line that has produced more obscure choices?

And, of course, cost is becoming prohibitive - we're approaching the point where Power-Con exclusives are four times the original cost of Classics figures. And while this arrangement supports the convention itself, I don't think this is the way to sustain the line.

Four Horsemen Studios is going from strength to strength with the good quality of the Mythic Legions line - a welcome improvement on the very ropey quality of their early offerings. If they get the dreadful customer service worked out, they'll be in an even more respected position.

I think they would do a good job with the Classics licence - I'd hope they'd focus on the DC comics and minicomics in particular - and they'd certainly invigorate it.

But mention of another company holding the licence does invite speculation about what's going on with Masters right now. Why raise this as a possibility when Super7 still have the licence? I'm not sure what to read into that.

Anyway, in keeping with the point of the thread, I share the sentiment about keeping the line going!
    We don’t know what S7’s license even is?

Is there anything to contradict the idea that it’s been a bunch of individual licensing agreements, one per figure, cash paid to Mattel immediately after pre-orders?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    We don’t know what S7’s license even is?

Is there anything to contradict the idea that it’s been a bunch of individual licensing agreements, one per figure, cash paid to Mattel immediately after pre-orders?
    Brian has always referred to it as "the license", which sounds like one single MotU contract.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Don't get why you can say this.
    Really? There is no reason to repeat the many reasons someone might have this opinion. I definitely do.
    They saved Classics 3 years ago and they offered many great figures and SNAKE MOUNTAIN ! They did a great job imo.
    They did have QC problem like Mattel did. That happens.
    "Saved" Classics is an opinion. My opinion is that it was in a horrible accident, kept on life support and was never able to walk again or breathe without feeling pain.

And anyway if that is not Super7 that will be nobody. So I would rather Super7 than never a dead Classics line.
    In this case, put it out of it's misery.

I can only hope that Snake Mountain will turn out well, and it can stand as a great Mausoleum to the classics line.

The only people I want bringing it back from the dead or for an occasional haunting (con exclusives) would be Mattel or the Horsemen. (See 2019 Powercon exclusives courtesy of Mattel. Even With the parts swaps I know it will be a way better looking and QC'd toy.)

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    This is a positive thread for those who want Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice to keep going!

After reading several posts the last few weeks, it is my honest opinion that Classics deserves to continue in any way it can, preferably via pre-orders from Super7 or Mattel, but whether it's just convention exclusives, 1987 movie figures only, variants only, etc.... I'll take whatever I can get! Of course it'd be wonderful to get more vintage line items like the Attak Trak, Land Shark, the Slime Pit, etc... or finish New Adventures, finally get the Masks of Power Demons, see fun variants like disco/200x re-deco Skeletor, get Starburst She-Ra and Shower Power Catra, etc... As many have pointed out, MOTUC is for niche collectors and is no real threat to Origins or any other new line coming down the pike. Snake Mountain proves the love is still there.

So if you're with me on that, please post your support here! Dear Mattel, we hope you're listening. Thank you!

*Filmation fans, I encourage you to make your own thread if you want the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe/Club Grayskull line to continue as well. This thread is just for MOTUC/Collector's Choice.
    Thanks for posting this. I am with you!
    I will even try to re-collect the Club Grayskull figures, that I originally didn't plan to buy, to support the 6/7 inch CC/CG (or other club) line. Please keep the figures/beasts/vehicles/playsets coming. Hopefully S7 and Mattel can cooperate.

Great thread, and absolutely Classics MUST continue!

At nearly 300 characters deep, we will never - let me repeat, NEVER - get to this point again in any other MOTU line. It simply won't happen.

And, really, why end it at all?

Classics doesn't sell as well anymore? Sadly, that is true. I mean, we aren't at the height of Classics frenzy anymore. However, the crowdfunding idea would make this a non-issue. Work out what the cost will be to make a specific figure, which will vary depending on tooling. Set a reasonable goal, then put up concept art of a character, promote it, and crowdfund it. If the character makes its goal, we're in business. If not, it doesn't get made. Something tells me that every character will hit its goal in this fandom. lol.
    If a $600 item (Snake Mountain) can reach it's goal, why in the world can a year of figures not ($100-$200)? I mean, if you think about it we kinda did this when we had sub drives and had to make bank, so why not now? Btw, I fully support continuing Classics if you couldn't tell already.

Classics is one of most beautiful toy line ever made.

Keep them going a few years more, or I boycott the Origins line. That's all.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think I'm done with Classics, we have one MEGA collection, I literally have no place for any more. I will be happy with one "wrap-up" wave of the most wanted/missing characters like Miro, Hunga, Lizzor, Lady Slither etc.

However I am happy for Mattel to re-release MOTUC figures in different packaging at retail for say when the movie comes out, aimed at older kids/adults, a bit like the Ultimates.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I think I'm done with Classics, we have one MEGA collection, I literally have no place for any more. I will be happy with one "wrap-up" wave of the most wanted/missing characters like Miro, Hunga, Lizzor, Lady Slither etc.

However I am happy for Mattel to re-release MOTUC figures in different packaging at retail for say when the movie comes out, aimed at older kids/adults, a bit like the Ultimates.
    A wrap-up wave would be something at least.

King Miro
    Hunga the Harpy
    Masks of Power Demon (Purple)
    Masks of Power Demon (Green)
    Lizzor or Princess Rana
    Lady Slither
    Skeleteen
    Hoove or Prince Dakon

Then I'd be happy.

...oh, I need a vintage Attak Trak too at some point!
    Last edited by abaddon; July 29, 2019 at 09:30pm.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Wrap-up wave is better than nothing, but I think the spirit of this thread, IMHO, is to show enthusiasm for Classics to continue beyond that.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I think the spirit of this thread, IMHO, is to show enthusiasm for Classics to continue beyond that.
    You are correct! This thread is for those that still support Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice. I really appreciate those positive supporters so far.

Penny Dreadful and many others have made the point, this is our last chance to get this deep into a Masters of the Universe line! Let's keep it going!

I was thinking it might be fun to have a thread where everyone posted their Dream Wrap-Up Subscription. We could structure our lists in the best-Case scenario: a full Matty-Year’s worth of releases with 1 sub-exclusive, 12 monthlies, 4 quarterly/large items, a Holiday Bonus Release, an SDCC exclusive, and a randomly appearing “Chase Figure.” This could be more informal than the official polls, but a structured way to share our personal must-haves (especially for those of us who loooove to make lists!).

What say you?

We could even add potential Power-Con sets, provided we stick to repainted and soft-goods.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Yes please. Maybe just 2 waves of 4 a year. Need more collector's choice. Need to complete new adventures.
    Need more vehicles.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

There are so many waves that could come moving forward and they should knock them out as that. Early dc comics
    Damon(2)- human and demon form
    Tarrak- heroic wizard in the modern age of prince adam he-man
    Ceril- heroic ally of heman and leader of Oo-Lars tribe.

Defenders of preternia
    Red shadow
    Beastlord
    Bandwidth
    Gladiator
    Sharella

Revenge squad
    Major header
    Tri-beast
    Muckman
    Bubblor
    Rajar

Skeleteen evil warriors
    Sawtooth
    Slob boar
    Evermean
    Missletoe
    Odor
    Bugeye

SOH heroic warriors
    Airbag
    Forklift
    Kayla

Defenders of Trolla
    Hans hammer holder
    Compactor
    Brainwave
    Jetpak
    Man crystal
    Robowomen
    Netta- large form and normal siZed

Diabolical snakes
    Vypor
    Stretch nekkk
    Quick flick
    Reptilax
    Golden rod

Preterian warlords
    Great black wizard
    Crimson countess
    Queen tyrantula
    Ka

So many possibilities no reason to stop at all
    Last edited by facet; July 31, 2019 at 11:42pm.

I would be very sad to see classics end. I feel like there are a ton of awesome characters, beasts, and playsets that could be done successfully still.

I will continue to buy whatever classics are produced. I am not into the 5.5 organs line at all.

My Favorite Super7 figure was Fang-or. I wish they would do more characters like that instead of so much Filmation stuff. He was 200x-ish. I am very into the more stylized figures. Still have high hopes for 200x variants especially for the ones that never got figures. I love the statues but it would be awesome to have posable figures for MYP King Randor, Sorceress, etc.

Plus Great Black Wizard, Kay-la, Lady Slither, VYPOR...we need VYPOR! Crimson Countess seems to have went over well and using the art with that MYP style Evil-lyn buck was awesome! I can think of at least 50 more characters I would be so happy to add to my collection.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

You forgot Gladiator under the Defenders of Preternia .

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    You forgot Gladiator under the Defenders of Preternia .
    I knew I was forgetting someone, thanks

When I see lists like these, I see why Classics is done. We're talking the fringe of the fringe.

I think the line will continue on for a while longer, but it's going to be mostly Filmation stuff. New versions of characters you already have and characters that people outside of this forum have actually heard of.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Wrap-up wave is better than nothing, but I think the spirit of this thread, IMHO, is to show enthusiasm for Classics to continue beyond that.
    Very true. I hope beyond hope that it does!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.