Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice going!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    So, per an interview via the Super Hero Hype website with Mattel:
    Thank you for sharing. I found the interview: https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...t5RGI#/slide/1

Well, it's our job to tell Mattel we don't want Classics to end or sit on the shelf. We're the consumers/customers. Keep up the positive enthusiasm! Maybe we should start a new #TellMattel campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I found the interview: https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...t5RGI#/slide/1

Well, it's our job to tell Mattel we don't want Classics to end or sit on the shelf. We're the consumers/customers. Keep up the positive enthusiasm! Maybe we should start a new #TellMattel campaign?
    Who's the contact person at Mattel? Who is the MOTU brand manager now?

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Who's the contact person at Mattel? Who is the MOTU brand manager now?
    Her name is Britt Shotts: https://www.instagram.com/brittshotts/
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

This doesn't surprise me. I'm sure Mattel's plans involve pushing their own products and reining in licenses to maximize their own profits. I'm sure Mattel wants to create an environment where the only figures that are available in any quantities are the Origins figures. Once they've gotten what they want out of it, they might reintroduce the Classics figures. That would be my guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Her name is Britt Shotts: https://www.instagram.com/brittshotts/
    I see she's attending Power-Con. Our best bet is for someone to voice our wish for Classics to remain in market. We need someone there that is not just limited to listen to what they say, but also questioning them and making them aware of our demand for more Classics figures voicing arguments mentioned in this thread.

Also we need not so vague answers: if Classics will be sleeping, starting when and waking up when? Is Super7 allowed one more wave before that sleeping period?
    Last edited by man-at-work; August 6, 2019 at 06:02pm.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    They said in a recent interview that Classics is going on hiatus but they plan to revisit it in some form.

My honest bet is that the next Classics figures we see outside of cons or maybe a surprise S7 last wave before the hiatus is going to be a retail MOTUC 2021 movie He-Man and Skeletor developed at 7 inch scale and proportion and shipped as premium movie merch alongside a 2021 movie MOTUO wave with the movie characters in 5.5 proportions.

I think it’s likelier that Mattel will produce sporadic 2-4 figure waves of MOTUC similar to how Playmates did TMNTC and the larger Ghostbusters and WWE TMNT.

In a 2 figure wave, you get big characters. In a 4 figure wave, you probably get some wild expansion stuff like a Battle Armor Scareglow. Not totally obscure. The novel kind of stuff nobody asked for but folks will want when they see it.

But stuff like Lady Slither or Miro or most NA is con exclusive most likely or a one off online if they rebuild their shop.

I mean, maybe you could get a kooky NA wave of Battle Blade Skeletor, Battle Punch He-Man, Teela, and Hoove if they’re a hit and it maybe can ride the wave of a GotG or Beta-Ray Bill movie.

But I think civilians and concept art are definitely not Walmart retail target material.

EDIT: And watch them do He-Man/Ghostbusters or something as a MOTUC wave with a MOTUC Battle Ram done up like Ecto-1.
    Last edited by Cobrala; August 6, 2019 at 06:29pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I see she's attending Power-Con. Our best bet is for someone to voice our wish for Classics to remain in market. We need someone there that is not just limited to listen to what they say, but also questioning them and making them aware of our demand for more Classics figures voicing arguments mentioned in this thread.

Also we need not so vague answers: if Classics will be sleeping, starting when and waking up when? Is Super7 allowed one more wave before that sleeping period?
    These are all extremely reasonable questions to ask and if I was going, I would not hesitate to bring them up.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    These are all extremely reasonable questions to ask and if I was going, I would not hesitate to bring them up.
    I would surely do as well
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    They said in a recent interview that Classics is going on hiatus but they plan to revisit it in some form.

My honest bet is that the next Classics figures we see outside of cons or maybe a surprise S7 last wave before the hiatus is going to be a retail MOTUC 2021 movie He-Man and Skeletor developed at 7 inch scale and proportion and shipped as premium movie merch alongside a 2021 movie MOTUO wave with the movie characters in 5.5 proportions.

I think it’s likelier that Mattel will produce sporadic 2-4 figure waves of MOTUC similar to how Playmates did TMNTC and the larger Ghostbusters and WWE TMNT.

In a 2 figure wave, you get big characters. In a 4 figure wave, you probably get some wild expansion stuff like a Battle Armor Scareglow. Not totally obscure. The novel kind of stuff nobody asked for but folks will want when they see it.

But stuff like Lady Slither or Miro or most NA is con exclusive most likely or a one off online if they rebuild their shop.

I mean, maybe you could get a kooky NA wave of Battle Blade Skeletor, Battle Punch He-Man, Teela, and Hoove if they’re a hit and it maybe can ride the wave of a GotG or Beta-Ray Bill movie.

But I think civilians and concept art are definitely not Walmart retail target material.

EDIT: And watch them do He-Man/Ghostbusters or something as a MOTUC wave with a MOTUC Battle Ram done up like Ecto-1.

Damn it! Now you've gone and made me want a Battle Armor Scareglow! Didn't know I wanted one till you mentioned it...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Val , can we set up a forum post that members could ask Britt questions about the classics line?

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    So, per an interview via the Super Hero Hype website with Mattel:
    It might as well be dead as a lot of people won't come back a couple of years down the line. Once there is a break folks will just move on.

I have no interest in vintage styled toys so for me I'll be done. It's such a shame as we will never get Filmation Leech or Hunga the Harpy I wish Universal had the full rights to MOTU/POP...

I don't see why Club Grayskull can#t continue as those are nothing like the new vintage inspired line and likely a totally different customer base for the most part.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    It might as well be dead as a lot of people won't come back a couple of years down the line. Once there is a break folks will just move on.

I have no interest in vintage styled toys so for me I'll be done. It's such a shame as we will never get Filmation Leech or Hunga the Harpy I wish Universal had the full rights to MOTU/POP...

I don't see why Club Grayskull can#t continue as those are nothing like the new vintage inspired line and likely a totally different customer base for the most part.
    I disagree somewhat. The absence of ThunderCats these past three years just enhanced the desire to see it through. There are still a lot of CG figures desired, including Leech, Hunga, RamMan and more, so a short break may not mean the end of it. It may increase the desire to complete core figures the way TC’s absence has.

Heroic Warrior
    I personally want more Club Grayskull figures then anything else. I don’t understand why Mattel would not let Super7 continue. They still get paid from Super7 but Mattel’s thinking shows with the financial mess they are in.

Maybe just maybe the individual who put a lot of time and effort with the We Want More Thundercats Classics Facebook and Instagram, Can do a We Want More Super7 Classics and Club Grayskull!!! Blow up Mattel’s social media feeds.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    I personally want more Club Grayskull figures then anything else. I don’t understand why Mattel would not let Super7 continue. They still get paid from Super7 but Mattel’s thinking shows with the financial mess they are in.

Maybe just maybe the individual who put a lot of time and effort with the We Want More Thundercats Classics Facebook and Instagram, Can do a We Want More Super7 Classics and Club Grayskull!!! Blow up Mattel’s social media feeds.
    We don't know how MUCH they get paid. I'd bet it's by the figure which might account for the preorder system.

They might make more off of a He-Man and Skeletor Classics 2 pack below the Origins shelf at Walmart than off a whole year of Super7 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    I disagree somewhat. The absence of ThunderCats these past three years just enhanced the desire to see it through. There are still a lot of CG figures desired, including Leech, Hunga, RamMan and more, so a short break may not mean the end of it. It may increase the desire to complete core figures the way TC’s absence has.
    But the major difference is that we never really got into all the A list characters with ThunderCats so there is going to be more interest there. Collector's Choice is at the more obscure characters, wbile Club Grayskull has covered most of the A list.

I wish this origins crap would just go away!
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    It'd be kinda funny and satisfying to see Super7 do another wave of 87 movie figures since Mattel has no say so with those. Those at least could be in the Classics style like the ones we're getting.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Get ready for wave 4 when we get Kevin, Julie, Detective Lubic, and Gwildor with Party Hat and sunglasses.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    It'd be kinda funny and satisfying to see Super7 do another wave of 87 movie figures since Mattel has no say so with those. Those at least could be in the Classics style like the ones we're getting.
    As much as I'd love it, I imagine there'd be limitations. I mean, they could use the designs if Bill Stout agrees to it, but could they put "Masters of the Universe" on the package and use names like Evil-Lyn, Teela, and Beast Man? I wonder if they'd have to use generic names for the characters and not use the MOTU title anywhere on the package, since Mattel has ®'s and ™'s all over that stuff. Personally, I'd be totally fine with just calling it "The William Stout Collection" and giving them non-specific, generic character names. I mean, we'd know who they are, right? I'm an opener though. MOC collectors might feel differently.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; August 7, 2019 at 08:34pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post

What recent interview? Where was it posted?
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    What recent interview? Where was it posted?
    “Mattel told us the 7-inch Classics line isn’t dead…but for a while it will definitely be sleeping.”

https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...verse#/slide/1

Again, my guess is that based on how they handled Shazam (2 Deluxe 6.5 inch figures, everything else in the budget line) and what seemed to be good sell through on the main few Aquaman Multiverse figures (and terrible sell through on the supporting characters including Mera) that I could see MOTUC being a one and two off thing. Not waves like a regular product line but like TMNT Classics or the Ghostbusters/Wrestling TMNT.

If you’ve got a movie, a variety of products can slip in as things to sell below or to the side of the carded figures. Deluxe style figures are hurting at retail outside of Hasbro.

But I could see 2021 He-Man and Skeletor/Keldor getting Classics treatment, maybe alongside reissues of basic He-Man and Skeletor from MOTUC. Not as a line per se but as an extra merch grab if the movie hype is good. Who knows if Noah Whathisname will look anywhere near that muscular but forcing it into the MOTUC buck would be a cheap way to get an extra movie merch category in for older fans. And if the movie is a billion dollar hit, they can consider going back and doing more “deluxe” figures in sporadic 2 per case assortments.

My gut says Origins is a safer bet for them at retail in today’s market especially for kids but I bet they want the option to reissue the basic cast 7 inch figures mixed with movie retools if the adult collector market is there.

Widget
    Support, Support, Support!

I definitly want more Classics Figures. Would be sad, if the line completly Ends.

Also a steed for Hordak is a must have --> Mantisaur.

And who would NOT buy a Classics Landshark???!

I would like some more CC figures, especially NA. But I don't think it's going to happen.
    I don't care what Brian or Mattel say I think Classics is finished for the foreseeable future at least.
    At least Super 7 are doing Thundercats and TMNT Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Ha! It would be entertaining and amazing at the same time, yes!

If only....

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    As much as I'd love it, I imagine there'd be limitations. I mean, they could use the designs if Bill Stout agrees to it, but could they put "Masters of the Universe" on the package and use names like Evil-Lyn, Teela, and Beast Man? I wonder if they'd have to use generic names for the characters and not use the MOTU title anywhere on the package, since Mattel has ®'s and ™'s all over that stuff. Personally, I'd be totally fine with just calling it "The William Stout Collection" and giving them non-specific, generic character names. I mean, we'd know who they are, right? I'm an opener though. MOC collectors might feel differently.
    Yeah. I'd be all on board if it had to go that route.

Long live Classics -- whatever it takes!

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post

That individual would be me I would love to fight for CG as there are still many A-listers in my mind. The All American is correct in having separate threads for CC and CG. But I’ll wait and see what PC delivers before I switch gears. For now I’m very hyped that ThunderCats is coming back!