Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Masters of the Universe Classics/Collector's Choice going!

If Origins is the reason that Classics is done, not even one figure will be bought by me for sure. I don’t need them, to me they are just funny bonus like Loyal Subjects.

And maybe I’l lnever support and buy a Mattel toy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimikrakra View Post
    If Origins is the reason that Classics is done, not even one figure will be bought by me for sure. I don’t need them, to me they are just funny bonus like Loyal Subjects.

It is exactly the same as I will do.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    It is exactly the same as I will do.
    I completely agree. Origins is of no interest at all to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    That individual would be me I would love to fight for CG as there are still many A-listers in my mind. The All American is correct in having separate threads for CC and CG. But I’ll wait and see what PC delivers before I switch gears. For now I’m very hyped that ThunderCats is coming back!
    I figured it was Hats off to you for the time and dedication you put in. I don’t care what anyone says you for sure had a part in getting us to where we are today with ThunderCats Classics.
    Truly thankful for all you have done for us fans and collectors.

I think one of the two lines is dead if not both regarding MOTU. I have a feeling Club Grayskull will continue for a little while longer while Classics goes in to hibernation. But regardless when is comes time to put boots on the ground you are the one to do it. Without question you can get Mattel to acknowledge us fans still want Super7 to continue MOTU Classic and Club Grayskull.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would be very sad to see classics end. there are still a LOT of great characters to be made!!!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I would be very sad to see classics end. there are still a LOT of great characters to be made!!!!!
    Indeed.
    Both CG and CC lines can last many years.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

If Origins is the reason that Classics is done, not even one figure will be bought by me for sure.
    I totally agree!

I thought I might be obligated to join this thread.

I've been all in on MOTUC since the year preceding the Castle Grayskull playset release, I even bought all the ThunderCats on the MOTUC bucks (and some DC Multiverse).

I suppose I'll buy all the key character MOTUO... I mean, their smaller scale will still look cool in one of the Castle Grayskulls I have.

But I'm more interested in TMNT on the MOTUC buck (and Toxic Avenger & whatever else we can get).

As far as extending actual MOTU franchise MOTUC? For me?

It's not that complicated: I'm still all in.

I truly believe that after ten years and 300+ characters, if motuc did take a little break they could return to the formula a few years later, and even expand the roster with a mix of rereleases, dc redesigns, Netflix she ra figures and new movie characters, as well as current faction/roster absentees. It might not be dead it might just be put to bed for a little while.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I truly believe that after ten years and 300+ characters, if motuc did take a little break they could return to the formula a few years later, and even expand the roster with a mix of rereleases, dc redesigns, Netflix she ra figures and new movie characters, as well as current faction/roster absentees. It might not be dead it might just be put to bed for a little while.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
    This is an interesting point: a break could allow more new “main character” designs to be developed so the obscure characters have waves that can carry them. They haven’t really done 200x either outside of 200x only characters. Despite many customs and a few stray parts, 200x is pretty untapped.

You could do 200x He-Man, Netflix She-Ra, DC Comics Man-at-Arms and Goddess, Filmation Count Marzo and Negator, and Lady Slither as a wave.

DC Comics He-Man, 200x She-Ra, Netflix Bow, New Adventures Teela and Adam, and Miro.

If you’re doing a break though, I think you WILL end up re-examining whether that articulation style and 7 inch scale make sense. You’re still looking at a 10 year old buck.

To me this line has always been about getting all the original character releases of the masters, pop, and in one coherent form, after that it has been all about characters we never got in figure form, starting with the ones that have been massive holes ( shadow weaver, Scorpia, etc)and building off of that ,regardless of where their source material came from. That’s what classics is to me, so much potential here for greatness, a shame to put a stop on characters that will have no bearing a on crossing into the movie rights of characters that will never appear in it.

That individual would be me I would love to fight for CG as there are still many A-listers in my mind. The All American is correct in having separate threads for CC and CG. But I’ll wait and see what PC delivers before I switch gears. For now I’m very hyped that ThunderCats is coming back!
    I don't realise that was you. You've done an excellent job with that mate. I think these social media pages were a big part of making sure the necessary companies knew demand for these figures was still there. Thanks for all the time and effort you put in on these.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I will be with you as well my friend !
    Will send you an email as well.

Talk soon

Heroic Warrior
    I guess to keep Collector's Choice financially feasible, reissues of existing characterswill be inevitable at some point. If they stick with waves of four figures, maybe one reissue of a classic toy character, one of less important but still well-liked character and two new ones, one relatively obscure and one that fans have been waiting for. That way the characters should last for another five years or even more.
    The reissues should probably all have something new so they are of interest for everyone. New alternate heads and such. (And some could simply be better. Like a Rio Blast who can actually put his visor in front of his eyes.)

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    I guess to keep Collector's Choice financially feasible, reissues of existing characterswill be inevitable at some point. If they stick with waves of four figures, maybe one reissue of a classic toy character, one of less important but still well-liked character and two new ones, one relatively obscure and one that fans have been waiting for. That way the characters should last for another five years or even more.
    The reissues should probably all have something new so they are of interest for everyone. New alternate heads and such. (And some could simply be better. Like a Rio Blast who can actually put his visor in front of his eyes.)
    If they would do something like this I would prefer Rio with Buzz Saw Hordak’s empty chest

The only figure I'd like to be made at this point is Queen Elmora. She's just so important to me as I had a BETA tape with that episode on it as a kid and watched it a gazillion times. I love the playability of the character with the option of 2 heads, some weapons -- and good/bad -- overall, an amazing character.

I think if this is nearing the end, it deserves a respectful close.

One final poll maybe, to select 2 waves of 4 -- and that's it. We know that's it -- so we choose them carefully and maybe 1-2 vehicles like Road Ripper ...

It would be nice for us all to know it's ending and work towards that. I don't want to see it just disappear .. without the respect it deserves.
    Jay

Maybe those of us who still want to see classics continue should tweet, facebook, and email mattel and let our voices be heard. Its no secret mattel watches social media.
    ILLUMINA TIME! !

Widget
    I want MOTUC to continue, and see no reason for it and MOTUO not to go at the same time. Origins is a retail line, released at cheap prices and with basic articulations. MOTUC is a premium line, for the "adult collector".

But, considering they lost the DC license, they must be desperate trying to release retail action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by limelitemach1 View Post
    Maybe those of us who still want to see classics continue should tweet, facebook, and email mattel and let our voices be heard. Its no secret mattel watches social media.
    Like Sebastiaan did for Thundercats, we have to do the same for Classics and let Mattel know ( but without any hate or negative comments ) we would like to see MOTUC continues.

Heroic Warrior

Agreed !!!!

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Like Sebastiaan did for Thundercats, we have to do the same for Classics and let Mattel know ( but without any hate or negative comments ) we would like to see MOTUC continues.
    For example:
    Can you imagine what the new 'Ultimates/Classics' toylines can bring to CC/CG? What unreleased MOTU CC/CG characters can be the new parts reused for?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SolracCat View Post
    I want MOTUC to continue, and see no reason for it and MOTUO not to go at the same time. Origins is a retail line, released at cheap prices and with basic articulations. MOTUC is a premium line, for the "adult collector".
    Exactly, they're very different lines with different audiences.

I know I'm going to be "DISAGREED" with by the positivity police, but I sauntered passed the Mattel booth mid-day and toward the end of the day both days and there was only maybe one or two people taking pictures of what was in the case enthusiastic about it. Granted yes early in the morning the booth had a bit more foot traffic, but it got kinda sad to see no one giving a crap, later on in the day, I mean the mega construx display had better fanfare thru out the day. It's obvious to the seasoned collector/fan that current Mattel can give **** all about this property and this is nothing more than a blatant cash grab.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I was at the Power Con too, and yeah, me and most people I saw couldn't be bothered to even glance at the Origins stuff. I want my Classics, dangit, not yet ANOTHER new line.

EDIT - oh wait, I should be positive in this post! Lets keep Classics going somehow, positively

Quote Originally Posted by Mer Jim View Post
    EDIT - oh wait, I should be positive in this post! Lets keep Classics going somehow, positively
    Yes!

Long live Classics!

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor