Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins other characters.

Heroic Warrior

MOTU Origins other characters.

so which other characters should get the Origins treatment? i would go with He-Ro, Lord H'ss, She-Ra (though maybe as a separate line She-Ra Origins maybe?) , Hordak.

Sorceress my #1
    Others: Green Goddess, He-Ro, Eldor, She-Ra, Hordak, Mer-Man, King Hiss, Stratos are all top of list for me

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Sorceress my #1
    Others: Green Goddess, He-Ro, Eldor, She-Ra, Hordak, Mer-Man, King Hiss, Stratos are all top of list for me
    filmation style sorceress?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    filmation style sorceress?
    Oh yes, for sure 100%

First thing came to my mind, the giants (Magator, Tytus and Procrustus) and Drago-Man. And after that all the Alcala demons and beasts in the minicomics, including Granamyr the dragon.

Of course I might be just dreaming, but hey...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Would love to see all the figures from the 8 back, but don't need a remake of every original figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by manowar; July 26, 2019 at 10:20pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Would love to see all the figures from the 8 back, but don't need a remake of every original figure.

I think Sorceress can come much earlier this time.

There are a handful that I’d rather they take more inspiration from media on or even 200x. Randor for one.

Some key vintage characters were never done. Marlena, sure. The She-Ra characters. I feel like somebody like Negator or even Plundor could be fun. Particularly if you de-Filmation-ize them. Jeweled belt. 3 toed boots. 200x/MOTUC Evil Seed.

With changeable torsos, King Hiss could be great finally.

Heck, with all the parts swapping, maybe generic snake men and women you can bash with other figures.

My Top 10 for Origins (beyond the 6 announced) are:

1. Zodac
    2. The Goddess
    3. Mer-Man
    4. Trap Jaw
    5. Tri-Klops
    6. Stratos
    7. Fisto
    8. Jitsu
    9. Stinkor (with Odiphus!!!)
    10. Moss Man

As for beasts and vehicles, design them to work/scale with MOTUC and Origins, and give me:
    1. Land Shark
    2. Dragon Walker
    3. Attak Trak
    4. Bashasaurus
    5. Ice Hacker
    6. Manticore
    7. Spirit of Castle Grayskull (minicomic)
    8. Battle Bones
    9. Haramesh
    10. Demon (from MEF minicomic)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

-Zodac
    -Jitsu
    -Fisto
    -Ninjor
    Odd Man Out

I would Love to see the Original Horde!

Hordak, Leech, Mantenna & Grizzlor.

Obvious wants: Stratos, Green Goddess, Faker, Zodac, Man-E-Faces, Tri-klops, Trap Jaw

Neat others: Spirit of Castle Grayskull (as a figure using existing parts), the beast that attacked Green Goddess from first mini-comic, The armor from Castle Grayskull as a figure, articulated Battle Cat & Panthor (w/ helmet but NOT FLOCKED), Castle Grayskull (clamshell like vintage, but design more like original prototype), Battle Chariot, Charger the Unicorn, Aquatic Beast from first mini-comics, Zoar (& Screech) that can drop bombs & have folding wings

I also want the other vehicles from the first two vintage waves, but this is good for now...
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    The more I think about it, the more I see MOTUO as a chance for new or new to plastic figures.

I think every wave should have a He-Man and Skeletor variant while it builds an audience. That alone means stuff that was never done before by wave 6 or, at a minimum, bringing in 200x designs.

I’d like to see Demo Man and Negator.

Those Filmation characters might be interesting here. In Classics, they tended to go halfway to vintage. But there’s room to go further here.

What WOULD MOTUO Plundor look like? Would he be pink or do you take into account Sutherland’s color blindness and make him more brown or gray? Three toed boots, probably in place of the Filmation Skeletor boots? Beast Man tooling? Maybe more of a long eared rodent like a fantasy Kobald?

What would Count Marzo look like? I don’t think he’d look like Filmation exactly. Or like 200x. Or like Classics which was a beefier 200x. I think it’d be a new design.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd like some of the vintage concept characters finally make it into a 5.5 MOTU line...

Wrap-Trap
    Green Witch
    Horde Mammoth
    Brain-Man
    The Jester (tung lashor concept)

Then also some mini comic and unreleased characters...

Sharella
    The Goddess
    Oo-Larr
    Prince Dakon
    Masks of Power Demons
    Geldor
    Lodar
    Tug-O-War
    Keldor
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Zoar (and Screech) at the larger size like the vintage.

Also, Charger the Unicorn for Teela

More creatures so that purple beast and the sea-creature that He-Man fought in the first four mini-comics.

The Battle Chariot (finally!)

And, or course, Castle Grayskull. CG would be same size as vintage, but of stronger material and few more features like a dungeon, laser-cannon fires projectile, etc.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I basically just want all the early Alcala variant designs, including Sorceress aka Green Goddess.

Anything beyond that is gravy.

If the line goes on beyond just a few waves (which I'm not entirely convinced is its purpose - it kinda feels like a filler line to re-establish the brand in stores and get shelf space back) I'd love to see some characters that first got figures in Classics in this style. Drago-Man and Castle Grayskullman in particular are great character designs and hope keeps finding their way back in. I'm know I'm in the minority on this but I really dig the Past & Future timeline characters too, so King Grayskull, King He-Man, and even Dare would be welcome additions for me. The 200X style repaints/retools I'm 1000000% down for too - especially Evil-lyn whose color scheme I still feel is far superior to her old toy colors.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I basically just want all the early Alcala variant designs, including Sorceress aka Green Goddess.

Anything beyond that is gravy.
    This is where I’m at.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    If the line goes on beyond just a few waves (which I'm not entirely convinced is its purpose - it kinda feels like a filler line to re-establish the brand in stores and get shelf space back) I'd love to see some characters that first got figures in Classics in this style. Drago-Man and Castle Grayskullman in particular are great character designs and hope keeps finding their way back in. I'm know I'm in the minority on this but I really dig the Past & Future timeline characters too, so King Grayskull, King He-Man, and even Dare would be welcome additions for me. The 200X style repaints/retools I'm 1000000% down for too - especially Evil-lyn whose color scheme I still feel is far superior to her old toy colors.
    Actually very much this. I would love a 5.5" scale Castle Grayskullman. That's probably my favorite new (relatively) MOTU character.

I want the original toys but I would really love some NA, 200X and POG figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Agreed! Marzo and evilseed 200x, and at least hydron, flipshot and kayo to go against flogg, slush head and optikk. I wonder if that's a bit too optimistic though, as of now it just seems to be vintage 2.0

mattel better release a filmation sorceress at least by wave 2
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    If the line goes on beyond just a few waves (which I'm not entirely convinced is its purpose - it kinda feels like a filler line to re-establish the brand in stores and get shelf space back)....
    Entirely possible. I rule nothing out.
    Odd Man Out

I think Skeletor looks pretty cool and I'm just looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. My hope is that these stay in stores for a good amount of time like back when we were kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    I think Skeletor looks pretty cool and I'm just looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. My hope is that these stay in stores for a good amount of time like back when we were kids.
    I think that also depends on how they handle box assortments and making sure they DON'T make the same mistake they did with the 200x line and short pack stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

Well they did say in the panel that that's not going to happen anytime soon... it was more of a "if the line does well enough and goes on long enough we MAY get to those..." type of thing.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I just hope that we're going to be able to get them at retail price in Europe, I don't want to be paying €30 for these things.