Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Witcher Netflix series

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    How many episodes are in season 2?
    I can only see the 6 in the list currently (and have only watched the first 2 so far) so Iím not sure if thats all or there are more to be added later.

Sometimes they are added at a later date. For example there is a CGI show that everyone here would probably be interested in that Iíve seen the first 2 episodes of S2 as that is all that are available but there are 7 episodes of S3 available already Ö..but I donít want to spoil anything from S2 so I havenít watch them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I can only see the 6 in the list currently (and have only watched the first 2 so far) so Iím not sure if thats all or there are more to be added later.

Sometimes they are added at a later date. For example there is a CGI show that everyone here would probably be interested in that Iíve seen the first 2 episodes of S2 as that is all that are available but there are 7 episodes of S3 available already Ö..but I donít want to spoil anything from S2 so I havenít watch them yet.
    Okay, thanks for the info!

I certainly hope that more episodes will be added... season one has 8, so I suspect that season 2 will have at least that.

- - - Updated - - -

New Funko POPs based on the Netflix version of the Witcher characters has been announced!

These will start shipping in January/February '22.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Ten days until Netflix drops The Witcher season 2!!

Here is a great recap of the first season to catch you up:

So I'd been steering clear of this thread because I knew I'd eventually sit down and watch the series and didn't want to see spoilers.

I loved it! Very excited for season 2. Even my wife who normally doesn't get into the fantasy stuff sat down during the 4th episode and got hooked.

I would say that the episodes can be confusing some times, trying to figure out where you are in "time". It always clears it up by the end of the episode but it can be really confusing early on.

Afterwards I also watched the animated Witcher, Nightmare of the Wolf movie on Netflix and it was great!
    ďIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    So I'd been steering clear of this thread because I knew I'd eventually sit down and watch the series and didn't want to see spoilers.

I loved it! Very excited for season 2. Even my wife who normally doesn't get into the fantasy stuff sat down during the 4th episode and got hooked.

I would say that the episodes can be confusing some times, trying to figure out where you are in "time". It always clears it up by the end of the episode but it can be really confusing early on.

Afterwards I also watched the animated Witcher, Nightmare of the Wolf movie on Netflix and it was great!
    Yeah, the time skipping is never explicitly explained during the course of the season, and it makes for a jumbled watch at first.

Honestly, I was curious about this approach at the beginning... (I am a Witcher die-hard, and a lot of details from the books are absent in the show) but, then when I watched season one a second time, it made it all the more enjoyable.

I'm getting pretty excited for season two!!

I want to know everyone's thoughts on rumors on Replacing Henry Cavill?

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Until there is some actual news, rather than rumors, I don't want to invest any unnecessary anxiety into the idea....

Henry Cavill has been very well-received by fans and critics as Geralt of Rivia, and he is a major reason why the show became a reality in the first place. Cavill has always championed the idea of a live-action Witcher adaptation, and I can't imagine he would want to leave the show after two seasons.

Until there is some actual news, rather than rumors, I don't want to invest any unnecessary anxiety into the idea....

Henry Cavill has been very well-received by fans and critics as Geralt of Rivia, and he is a major reason why the show became a reality in the first place. Cavill has always championed the idea of a live-action Witcher adaptation, and I can't imagine he would want to leave the show after two seasons.
    I don't think he like the idea of expanding the series that doesn't following the books at all. I read somewhere he would like to stick at the book materials and will leave if it either finish or stray away from the original source.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think he like the idea of expanding the series that doesn't following the books at all. I read somewhere he would like to stick at the book materials and will leave if it either finish or stray away from the original source.
    I mean, isn't that basically what the games did?

I found the first season boring. Let's hope season 2 will be better.

I'd be very disappointed. IMO his performance and presence carries the show. Without him, I don't think I'd take the show as seriously.
    ďIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.Ē

Here's the playback from The Witcher Live Q&A With Henry Cavill and Exclusive Season 2 Sneak Peek that just wrapped up about an hour ago!!

Check it out... there is a lot of good stuff discussed, plus a sneak peek at the show dropping in 3 DAYS!!!

I've only started watching this show, found it strangely addictive.

I think Cavill does a great job at being Geralt.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    I think Cavill does a great job at being Geralt.
    Yes, he puts a lot into his performance of Geralt. It is neither book nor game accurate, but something he has made all his own.

Dark Horse has announced another awesome piece of merch: the Geralt vs. Kikimora statue!

- - - Updated - - -

Update after Season 2 premier:

Not long after Netflix dropped season 2 on us, McFarlane revealed new figures based on The Witcher Season 2!!!

The coolest thing is that they're actually releasing Roach! An in-scale 1:12 steed!

- - - Updated - - -

Update #2 - Netflix announces an original Witcher Prequel series titled Blood Origin!!

This one is set to debut in 2022 and stars Michelle Yeoh!!

What I am guessing is that this series showcases the Continent before the Conjunction of the Spheres... before humans and most monsters arrived.

This was a time in which Elves and Dwarves ruled, and warred...

Looks exciting!

Well my contact at Netflix that was responsible for publicity of the show here who has actually talked to Henry said ďHe loves it and is committed to all 7 seasons.Ē

I have been savoring my time with season 2.

I only have one more episode to watch before reaching a final verdict on season 2. So far, I am enjoying it immensely... there are some major deviations from the plot of the books however.

Some initial thoughts:

-Vesemir was never interested in reviving the schools of Witchers
    -Yennefer never lost her magic in the books
    -Why did they need to create new monsters for a series known for its awesome collection of beasts?
    -I LOVE that Triss plays a much bigger role in this season!! (I have always been on "team Triss!" )
    -Episode one adapted one of my favorite Witcher shorts very faithfully while keeping it consistent with the Netflix narrative
    -Settings and scenery are beautiful throughout the entire season

I'm not sure what to expect in the final episode of this season (now that it has deviated from the books a bit), but I know that there has to be a big set up for Season 3!

Note: Season 3 has already been greenlit by Netflix, but they're saying not to expect it anytime soon...

Well my contact at Netflix that was responsible for publicity of the show here who has actually talked to Henry said ďHe loves it and is committed to all 7 seasons.Ē
    This is good to hear.

Although a major recasting could be done, I would prefer to keep the ensemble of cast members the same throughout the entire run.

Witcher Season 2

Okay, I have had a lot of time to watch, review, and digest season 2 of the Witcher.

Overall, I am very happy with the end results. As mentioned, there are some major deviations from the original work by Andrzej Sapkowski, but on the macro-level, the plot is moving in the same direction.

It's clear to me that season 2 had a much higher budget than season 1 and the producers put it to good use here. The sets are all very authentic and give a better sense of the scope of the Continent. However, I would have liked them to explain the use of portals a little better though, because it seemed that anyone could just hop from one side of the world to the next in an instant.

I also would have liked them to add title cards when they shift to a new setting. For instance, when we are given the sweeping view of Kaer Morhen, the title could be shown as "Kaer Morhen - Defunct Training Grounds for Witchers", or when we are shown the birds-eye view of Cintra it could have stated "City of Cintra in the Northern Kingdoms..."

I alluded to this earlier, but I am baffled at the decision to include newly created monsters for this season... a witchers whole reason for existence is to eradicate the myriad monsters occupying the world. Therefore, the series has an abundant amount of incredibly cool, frightening, and disgusting creatures (most based on Eastern European folklore) from which to choose. There is no reason to do this... although, the monsters that pop up in Kaer Morhen reminded me of forktail wyverns, which is fine by me. (And it was an awesome scene.)

Another thing that bothers me is the pointless death of Eskel. He should have been a surviving member of the School of the Wolf and not diminished to this.

I know a lot of people were upset by the casting of Triss Merigold in the Netflix series, but I think that Anna Shaffer does an amazing job in this show. Go team Triss!!

Lastly, I cannot believe that they revealed The White Flame Dancing on the Graves of his Enemies, Emperor of all Nilfgaard, Lord of Metinna: Emhyr var Emreis

(His reveal comes much later in the books...)

Anyway, I thought I'd share my GWENT set and case that I made :

gwent1.jpg

gwent2.jpg

gwent3.jpg

And, I also got this beauty delivered from Hong Kong this week!!

Okay, I have had a lot of time to watch, review, and digest season 2 of the Witcher.

Overall, I am very happy with the end results. As mentioned, there are some major deviations from the original work by Andrzej Sapkowski, but on the macro-level, the plot is moving in the same direction.

It's clear to me that season 2 had a much higher budget than season 1 and the producers put it to good use here. The sets are all very authentic and give a better sense of the scope of the Continent. However, I would have liked them to explain the use of portals a little better though, because it seemed that anyone could just hop from one side of the world to the next in an instant.

I also would have liked them to add title cards when they shift to a new setting. For instance, when we are given the sweeping view of Kaer Morhen, the title could be shown as "Kaer Morhen - Defunct Training Grounds for Witchers", or when we are shown the birds-eye view of Cintra it could have stated "City of Cintra in the Northern Kingdoms..."

I alluded to this earlier, but I am baffled at the decision to include newly created monsters for this season... a witchers whole reason for existence is to eradicate the myriad monsters occupying the world. Therefore, the series has an abundant amount of incredibly cool, frightening, and disgusting creatures (most based on Eastern European folklore) from which to choose. There is no reason to do this... although, the monsters that pop up in Kaer Morhen reminded me of forktail wyverns, which is fine by me. (And it was an awesome scene.)

Another thing that bothers me is the pointless death of Eskel. He should have been a surviving member of the School of the Wolf and not diminished to this.

I know a lot of people were upset by the casting of Triss Merigold in the Netflix series, but I think that Anna Shaffer does an amazing job in this show. Go team Triss!!

Lastly, I cannot believe that they revealed The White Flame Dancing on the Graves of his Enemies, Emperor of all Nilfgaard, Lord of Metinna: Emhyr var Emreis

(His reveal comes much later in the books...)

Anyway, I thought I'd share my GWENT set and case that I made :

gwent1.jpg

gwent2.jpg

gwent3.jpg

And, I also got this beauty delivered from Hong Kong this week!!

http://mickbaltes.de/afup/2020/12/mat-geralt06.jpg

http://mickbaltes.de/afup/2020/12/mat-geralt04.jpg
    Well, After reading your thoughts, I might give season 2 a watch. I found season 1 boring, and heard some not so good things about season 2.
    But your post might have convinced me to watch season 2.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    Well, After reading your thoughts, I might give season 2 a watch. I found season 1 boring, and heard some not so good things about season 2.
    But your post might have convinced me to watch season 2.
    Thanks
    I second the motion that you watch season 2! I'm not a Witcher game, book, or comic fan. All I know of it is from this series. I enjoyed season one a lot but can easily say season 2 was IMO better!

Finally got to watch season 2 and we did it in 2 days

Love Henry Cavill in this role. Love how some of the episodes seem to play out like an in-game quest.

Sideshow just revealed three new statues based on the Witcher!!!

These look nice! I like the more caricatureish, softer look to these sculpts... although, I would prefer Triss over Yennefer any day.

Price is yet to be announced!

I second the motion that you watch season 2! I'm not a Witcher game, book, or comic fan. All I know of it is from this series. I enjoyed season one a lot but can easily say season 2 was IMO better!

Finally got to watch season 2 and we did it in 2 days

Love Henry Cavill in this role. Love how some of the episodes seem to play out like an in-game quest.
    Yep, I could definitely see how someone who doesn't follow any of the other media finds season 2 better than the first...

It certainly has a higher budget and a much larger scope. Also, now that the audience isn't being moved around through different time periods, the story flows a bit more smoothly.

Yep, I could definitely see how someone who doesn't follow any of the other media finds season 2 better than the first...

It certainly has a higher budget and a much larger scope. Also, now that the audience isn't being moved around through different time periods, the story flows a bit more smoothly.
    I didn't even think about this while watching but it did help. My wife, who is usually not into these type fantasy shows at all, watched the last episode and immediately asked, "when's season 3 going to come out?".

I didn't even think about this while watching but it did help. My wife, who is usually not into these type fantasy shows at all, watched the last episode and immediately asked, "when's season 3 going to come out?".
    No released date yet even from within Netflix. My contact that is in charge of The Witcher publicity here doesnít even think itís started filming yet so itís going to be quite a wait unfortunately.

No released date yet even from within Netflix. My contact that is in charge of The Witcher publicity here doesnít even think itís started filming yet so itís going to be quite a wait unfortunately.
    That's what I told her

It's something I love and dislike at the same time about Netflix. You gobble it all up because it's so good and then no more for years

I only liked half of the first season, so I wasn't super excited to jump back into this series for another season.

We threw on S2:E1 yesterday on a whim... and ended up binging the first 5 episodes! This was everything I liked about the middle four episodes in season 1! We will probably finish up the last episodes tonight.

Now I'm interested in the games and a bit tempted on the statues.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    I only liked half of the first season, so I wasn't super excited to jump back into this series for another season.

We threw on S2:E1 yesterday on a whim... and ended up binging the first 5 episodes! This was everything I liked about the middle four episodes in season 1! We will probably finish up the last episodes tonight.

Now I'm interested in the games and a bit tempted on the statues.
    I wholeheartedly recommend reading the series... books 3 through 7 in particular are the actual Witcher Saga. (Although, the compilation of short stories in books 1 & 2, and the stand-alone novel [book 8] are so well done that I recommend those too!)

After reading the original source, it really helps you appreciate all of the other media even more... despite the confounding changes to the Netflix series.

As for the games, playing them in order is recommended, but not entirely necessary... however, if you start with Wild Hunt, it will be more difficult to go back to the previous two. (And Assassins of Kings is such an incredible game!! - Especially if you like a little political intrigue mixed into your action/adventure!)

Also, if you are serious about Witcher statues, I would forego the Sideshow / Dark Horse stuff and invest in the Prime 1 statues. They are impeccable and beautifully sculpted.

This is the Geralt in Undvik Armor that I got. (One of my favorite armor sets from the game!)

And they just announced a Ciri in her alternate outfit! (Now available for preorder at BBTS )