Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Witcher Netflix series

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I wholeheartedly recommend reading the series... books 3 through 7 in particular are the actual Witcher Saga. (Although, the compilation of short stories in books 1 & 2, and the stand-alone novel [book 8] are so well done that I recommend those too!)

After reading the original source, it really helps you appreciate all of the other media even more... despite the confounding changes to the Netflix series.
    Good to know! Sadly my readership of prose has suffered greatly over the past decade or so. I always have great intentions, but I always fall short.

I've wanted to read Doctor Sleep since I saw the amazing movie years ago... aaaand I still haven't gotten around to it. Hell, I forgot all about it until this very moment.

As for the games, playing them in order is recommended, but not entirely necessary... however, if you start with Wild Hunt, it will be more difficult to go back to the previous two. (And Assassins of Kings is such an incredible game!! - Especially if you like a little political intrigue mixed into your action/adventure!)
    This I have a bit more hopes for, I just need to see what systems these are available on. I haven't bought a new console since the Xbox 360. We've wanted to get the PS5, but we're waiting for it to be more readily available. The desire for it isn't enough to jump through all the hoops needed to secure one of the super limited supplies.

The simplest option is to watch a playthrough on YouTube which I'm not above doing!

Also, if you are serious about Witcher statues, I would forego the Sideshow / Dark Horse stuff and invest in the Prime 1 statues. They are impeccable and beautifully sculpted.

https://www.prime1studio.com/media/c...3-07_a01_1.jpg

This is the Geralt in Undvik Armor that I got. (One of my favorite armor sets from the game!)

And they just announced a Ciri in her alternate outfit! (Now available for preorder at BBTS )

https://bbts1.azureedge.net/images/p...abe93383e4.jpg
    I do like the Prime 1 pieces, but at 1/3 scale I doubt I'm that invested to dedicate the money and space. Those have to be reserved for my absolute most favorite characters.

Although they aren't as well done, size and pricing is more favorable towards the Sideshow and Dark Horse pieces.

Eh, more musings that might not pan out.

Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

Just got the email, my Ciri will on her way shortly!!

Woot!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    This I have a bit more hopes for, I just need to see what systems these are available on. I haven't bought a new console since the Xbox 360. We've wanted to get the PS5, but we're waiting for it to be more readily available. The desire for it isn't enough to jump through all the hoops needed to secure one of the super limited supplies.

The simplest option is to watch a playthrough on YouTube which I'm not above doing!
    The good news is that there is a Witcher 3 Wild Hunt remastered edition coming to PS5... so by the time these become widely available, the game should be out.

I cannot recommend Wild Hunt enough. There is a reason it has won so many awards and remains a top-seller in 2022!

...definitely do not watch a play-through on YT, it wouldn't do the experience justice. You must play the game... even if it takes you the rest of your life, lol!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Just got the email, my Ciri will on her way shortly!!

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/atta...8-jpeg.534406/

Woot!!

- - - Updated - - -

The good news is that there is a Witcher 3 Wild Hunt remastered edition coming to PS5... so by the time these become widely available, the game should be out.

I cannot recommend Wild Hunt enough. There is a reason it has won so many awards and remains a top-seller in 2022!

...definitely do not watch a play-through on YT, it wouldn't do the experience justice. You must play the game... even if it takes you the rest of your life, lol!
    Congrats on your upcoming Ciri!

Good to know about the remastered edition of Wild Hunt... I will keep an eye out for it!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

Yes! Ciri was delivered the other day!

She turned out great! The detail, fabrication and tailoring are incredible... and her weapons are solid metal.

I'm very pleased!

Also, the McFarlane Netflix series of Witcher figures have started popping up at retail... so, if you're interested, keep an eye out!

Articulation and sculpt are great... but, that likeness... ugh.

Yes! Ciri was delivered the other day!

She turned out great! The detail, fabrication and tailoring are incredible... and her weapons are solid metal.

https://action-figure-district.de/wp.../JK-ciri00.jpg

https://action-figure-district.de/wp.../JK-ciri03.jpg

I'm very pleased!

Also, the McFarlane Netflix series of Witcher figures have started popping up at retail... so, if you're interested, keep an eye out!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...cc613b25cb.jpg

Articulation and sculpt are great... but, that likeness... ugh.
    Congrats on the Ciri arrival. Glad she made it in on piece and you got a good collectible. I've seen and heard some issues with this lot with bug or crossed eyes along with other random defects.

Ah, that Witcher figure looks... interesting. I'm super harsh on action figures and will probably just stick to my few MOTU ones in that department.

Here is a short tech-demo that highlights some of what the Unreal Engine is capable of:

Not a lot of Witcher discussion, but holy smokes! Some of these landscapes look like real-world imagery!

I know it's a long time off... but, I cannot wait to see this new project start to come together!

**Update**

Reshoots of The Witcher: Blood Origin have finished, so it looks like this limited series will hit Netflix before year's end!

Additionally, the Witcher Season 3 began filming at the beginning of April and the studio has already started planning out the fourth season!

https://www.cbr.com/the-witcher-seas...d-out-netflix/

But, this may not be the news everyone wanted... Robbie Amell has been cast as an original character for the Netflix Witcher series, something that hints at the series going way off track from the books.

I have put up with a lot of their shenanigans concerning source-accuracy, but there is simply no need to create new characters for a series that is already so damn rich with strong, established characters!

...time will tell.

https://screenrant.com/witcher-seaso...uracy-problem/

Thanks for these show updates! I'm kinda excited to see where they'll take things in these next few seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    Thanks for these show updates! I'm kinda excited to see where they'll take things in these next few seasons!
    Of course!!

Obviously, I'm pretty big Witcher fan... and even though the Netflix series has derailed a bit from the books, I too am excited to see where they take it.

Plus, this show has introduced so many new fans to the world of the Witcher that may not have been exposed otherwise... and that's never a bad thing!

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    FYI - it looks like MEGA is going to be making The Witcher sets. Should fit in well with the MEGA MOTU sets!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09NZG4TY4
    Last edited by anytimepally; April 27, 2022 at 07:44am.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    FYI - it looks like MEGA is going to be making The Witcher sets. Should fit in well with the MEGA MOTU sets!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09NZG4TY4
    Huh... this would actually be really cool!

There is a metric ton of stuff that they could make for these sets!!

- - - Updated - - -

**Another Update**

The Witcher Mini Epics are coming from Weta!!

These look great!

I really hope we see more characters (and monsters), especially Triss!!