Itunes version of both shows is not available in Russia
    :-(

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Or simply get the spanish new release.
    That's PAL

Complete S01 and S02

Don't have them so I cant comment on their quality
    The Spanish BCI-like releases are just as good as the American ones (plus they contain the Castilian Spanish, Catalan, and Brazilian Portuguese dubs, in addition to the original English and the Latin American Spanish dub, although unfortunately they don't contain the Galician and Basque dubs, which were quite good ones).

Problem is, they've long been out of print (and the Barcelona-based company that released them, around 2008 or so, went out of business just a few years later), plus they're also out of stock basically everywhere by now. With luck, one might still be able to locate a new copy of sets 1 and 2 on eBay, but sets 3 and 4 are completely gone since long ago (I have the one copy of all four sets that I bought for myself when these releases were still on print and easily available, but afterwards it's become impossible for me to get any additional copies of sets 3 and 4 for my nephews).

Up until a couple years ago or so, there were still a few (very few) copies of sets 1 and 2 still available from one single comics store in Barcelona called Chunichi Comics (which has a webshop front-end plus one remaining brick-and-mortar at Passeig de Sant Joan 21, in the area where most of the comics/merchandise/boardgame stores in the city are concentrated; their second location in Travessera de Les Corts 283 having permanently closed down a few years ago), the owners of which told me in person they were the ones to have clearanced out all the remaining copies of these four sets (and other releases by the same company) from the warehouse of now-defunct Thunder Media when this company went out of business. They already had 0 copies left of sets 3 and 4 by the time I talked with them in around 2015 or so, and I'm almost sure these later sets were produced in fewer numbers than sets 1 and 2.

I haven't yet checked the recent new releases (in fact, I have just learned of their existence), but I'm almost certain they can't compare to the BCI-like releases by Thunder Media. Regardless, I'll probably be buying a couple copies if they do contain the Season 2 episodes, if only so that my nephews can finally enjoy these, even if at a lower quality than and without all the extra stuff of sets 3 and 4 of the collector-grade BCI-like edition.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; August 20, 2019 at 07:48pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Court Magician
    NOT BUYING, Universtal should get their act together and give us better quality than that.
    Then ill buy.

DVD sets are out today!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Widget
    Is... Is it supposed to be $50 Canadian?

Heroic Warrior
    It should have read weekday afternoon legacy. MOTU came on when I get home from school back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It looks like the special features for both are:

The Christmas Special
    The Secret of the Sword movie
    Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe documentary that was on Kickstarter and Netflix
    Saturday Morning Legacy of Filmation
    Hope, Honor, Heart: The Origins of She-Ra
    Early Concepts and Illustrations

The Filmation and She-Ra ones sound like they might be new documentaries. I'm guessing they aren't super long, so I'm not sure if it is enough to get me to buy both of them all over again. They could just be extra stuff that was shot for the Definitive documentary. I have all the BCI sets, She-Ra's Classic Media release, and He-Man's Mill Creek release. I recently purchased She-Ra again on Vudu to have a digital copy and might do the same for He-Man (if I know they include "The Problem with Power" which is mysteriously not listed on Vudu).

Description from an ebay listing (mod note: please no links to live auctions):

PACKAGING:
    Packaging is a rather fragile outer cardboard sleeve; easily crushed in the initial transit. The INTERIOR packaging is a plastic shell with plastic "flaps," each side with two discs stacked on top of one another. The plastic material calls itself "Epik Pak," meaning that it will epically (and almost without fail) come loose from the actual plastic case the first time that you try to break the seal. This type of packaging is rather typical of "Universal's" much larger multi-disc releases; and it is not the strongest, most durable, most efficient material in the universe. Henceforth, the plastic arms ARE sliding around inside of the cases.
    The discs are each stacked, one on top of the other, in these folding arms (Season 1 Disc 1 would be stacked on top of Disc 2, flip over to find 3 and 4 behind them, etc.) That, and the first time you remove a disc, it can be rather difficult. Use the strength of He-Man, and a bit of caution and delicateness besides.
    She-ra's outer cardboard case is slightly crushed in the upper corner; He-Man's outer case is okay. That shouldn't effect disc play.

Content:

Episode content is packed ten episodes per disc (or, for the end of a season, 5 episodes will be on the last disc for that season). Hence, "He-Man's..." 130 episodes are stretched out over 14 discs (Disc 7 carries the final five episodes of Season 1; Disc 14, likewise, for the end of Season 2). She-ra's 93 episodes, in turn, have found their ways onto 10 discs.

Each DVD set contains the EXACT SAME two Bonus Discs; one disc carries the animated feature, "The Secret of the Sword," and "...A Christmas Special;" the other disc contains all kinds of brand new bonus documentaries that were not available on the BTC/BCI discs of lore. As both collections each contain the exact same two bonus discs, I removed one copy from each to go with my BTC/BCI episodes.

You start the DVD and the first thing that you see is the "Universal" logo. Jump to an episode title screen and there is the particular titular character; no music; no moving screens; barebones. Start an episode and see the "FBI Warning Screen." On a hunch, I tried playing the "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" episode from "He-Man;" and it IS still in slightly abbreviated format (maybe about a minute of content is missing; it's not much, it just causes a very clumsy and awkward scene transition).
    They confirm that Universal put very little effort into these releases. Poor packaging, 10 episodes per disc, and the "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" still has missing footage.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    and the "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" still has missing footage.
    I’m still puzzled when I saw folks comment on social media, hoping and wishing it would have the scene intact... When it was not based on anything. The same digitized material that Hallmark made has been in use for all DVD releases as I’ve understood it.
    Difference is sometimes its 6 episodes per disc so footage has room to breathe. Other cases like here; compressed 10 episodes onto one disc (Yikes). As I already commented when this was announced.

But its same material. It won’t magically turn itself into high-def Blu-ray quality and if hallmark made an official digitized version with scene missing. That’s what would be here too.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hopefully we'll get a Region 2 release at some point.

I've never seen the second 65 episodes of Filmation He-Man available in the UK.
    Or New Adventure, or the 2002 series, or Beast Wars, or GI Joe....

I should really just get a mutli-region DVD player put it seems so old-tech for 2019.
    I use Playstation now as my DVD player and have done for a long time simply because they're so versatile and play Blu Ray's also however I hear you with a region 2 release as I've only got the volumes 1 - 9 on DVD they released a bit back which from what I can gather is only half the collection in total, would be nice to finally have a full release.

Would be cool for the 2002 series too as I'd definitely invest in them.

Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    Description from an ebay listing (mod note: please no links to live auctions):

They confirm that Universal put very little effort into these releases. Poor packaging, 10 episodes per disc, and the "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" still has missing footage.

What was missing from this? I have that episode on the volume 1 DVD but had no idea there was a scene missing?

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Im a huge sucker and still collect physical media so will get these again....but sure wish they were getting a proper Blu-ray release!!!!

Read all reviews on Amazon and people complain that there are problems with aspect ratio in He-Man set and also that disks get damaged by cheap packaging.

Has anyone found any easter eggs on these DVDs? I am working my way through them and haven't found anything yet.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by matticus View Post
    Has anyone found any easter eggs on these DVDs? I am working my way through them and haven't found anything yet.
    Was it reported somewhere that this release would have easter eggs?

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    What are easter eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    What are easter eggs?
    They are colored eggs, usually made of plastic and filled with candy, that parents hide for their kids to find at Easter.

OR, in the case of DVDs, they are hidden content like deleted scenes or gag reels, like a compilation of Skeletor insults.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    OR, in the case of DVDs, they are hidden content like deleted scenes or gag reels, like a compilation of Skeletor insults.
    Something that BCI did with their DVD releases (2005-2007) that had lot of effort put in.

Subsequent Mill Creek just repackaged episodes. Without really special features either. Let alone easter eggs.

Which is why I was curious where would anyone say or suggest that the Universal release might include them?

Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    I'm tempted just because I have one bad disc in my BCI She-Ra collection... but I just can't justify buying entire series for one episode that won't play...

Heroic Warrior
    I still have my BCI sets and I made a fix for Diamond Ray of Disappearance by taking footage from youtube and combining it with the DVD footage. So I think I'll stick to what I have.

For those talking about regions, you do realize one can easily get a region free DVD/blu player from amazon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor's Lackey View Post
    I'm tempted just because I have one bad disc in my BCI She-Ra collection... but I just can't justify buying entire series for one episode that won't play...
    Which episode/disc is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Something that BCI did with their DVD releases (2005-2007) that had lot of effort put in.

Subsequent Mill Creek just repackaged episodes. Without really special features either. Let alone easter eggs.

Which is why I was curious where would anyone say or suggest that the Universal release might include them?
    Easter eggs have been a common feature on DVDs for years. Why is it odd that I would ask the question?

The He-Man and She-Ra complete series sets are deals of the day on Amazon today. See here.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by matticus View Post
    Easter eggs have been a common feature on DVDs for years. Why is it odd that I would ask the question?
    In the context of the history of the MOTU/POP DVD releases. Remember you can't compare He-Man DVDs to say Family Guy releases.
    We've either seen LESS features on subsequent releases, or Re-hashed couple ones. Easter Eggs is one
    that has suffered a loss. Hence why I was curious whereabouts of the info that Universal would be including some...